Glock The Great Equalizer

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Glock The Great Equalizer

http://abcnews.go.com/US/kendra-st-clair-oklahoma-girl-12-shoots-intruder/story?id=17524438#.UISH8MUnFo8

Quote:

By MARK GREENBLATT (@greenblattmark)

Oct. 20, 2012

Kendra St. Clair, 12, was at home alone in Oklahoma, when loud banging began on the door to her family's home. Soon, the glass shattered and an intruder had entered.

"I was scared and I didn't know what to do next," Kendra told ABC News.

Petrified, she called her mom Debra.

"I said Kendra get the gun and go get in my closet now. And call 911."

The young 6th grader followed her mom's orders to the tee.

The 911 tapes tell the story as it unfolded.

Kendra: "I'm at my house. I'm in my closet. And I ran away from (inaudible) someone's trying to get into my house and I do not know who they are." Dispatcher: "Ok I have a deputy en route, I want you to stay on the phone with me. Ok?" Kendra: "Ok. Please. I think they are in the house."

Kendra had taken shelter in a closet, clutching her mother's .40 caliber glock gun while she listened to the intruder make his way around her home.

Kendra: "Please help me. Please." Dispatcher: "Alright, alright. I understand. Do you still have your mom's gun there?" Kendra: "Yes I do. I have it in my hand."

Her fear intensified to sheer terror, when she saw the knob of the closet door beginning to turn.

At that point, that for the first time in her life, Kendra fired a gun.

Police said the bullet traveled straight through the closet door and struck 32-year-old Stacey Jones in the shoulder, scaring him out of the house.

They arrested him a few blocks away and charged Jones with first degree burglary.

"When I had the gun, I didn't think I was actually going to have to shoot somebody," the 6th grader recalled. "I think it's going to change me a whole lot, knowing that I can hold my head up high and nothing can hurt me anymore."

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:You said you

jcgadfly wrote:

You said you weren't being serious. I'm talking about folks who are consistent in their foolish statements and only claim they were being sarcastic when they're countered with the realities of the situation. If you fit that mold then I'm talking to you. Otherwise no.

As for your compulsions, you can do as you like.

Did you really think I believed she was going to go on a killing spree because she might feel safer with the gun in school then not?

Do you really believe my statement merits this much gravitas jc ?  I have no apologies to make to you regarding any aspect of my post.  I reserve the right to straddle the thin line of sarcastic wit and your hurt feelings regarding my "consistency" or lack of it are utterly inconsequential in my world.   Oh, by the way  ...was I just being sarcastic or literal ?   It's totally your problem at this point.  Deal with it, bro.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

You said you weren't being serious. I'm talking about folks who are consistent in their foolish statements and only claim they were being sarcastic when they're countered with the realities of the situation. If you fit that mold then I'm talking to you. Otherwise no.

As for your compulsions, you can do as you like.

Did you really think I believed she was going to go on a killing spree because she might feel safer with the gun in school then not?

Do you really believe my statement merits this much gravitas jc ?  I have no apologies to make to you regarding any aspect of my post.  I reserve the right to straddle the thin line of sarcastic wit and your hurt feelings regarding my "consistency" or lack of it are utterly inconsequential in my world.   Oh, by the way  ...was I just being sarcastic or literal ?   It's totally your problem at this point.  Deal with it, bro.

so you don't know whether you were you were being an ass or not? You asked why I over-reacted to your sarcasm. I told you.

I didn't realize you weren't looking for a serious answer (though if you didn't give a fuck I'm not sure why you kept going).

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote: You asked

jcgadfly wrote:
You asked why I over-reacted to your sarcasm.

The crux.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:      I

I enjoyed it.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote: I

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

I enjoyed it.

Ah, so you did know that you were being an ass. Ok, no problem.

Now I have to take your musings with the same grains of salt as I do with Christians who pick and choose which parts of their bible are allegorical.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Ah, so you

jcgadfly wrote:

....you really are consumed with your "victimization" aren't you ? 

jcgadfly wrote:
Now I have to take your musings with the same grains of salt as I do with Christians who pick and choose which parts of their bible are allegorical.

...and I'll take your musings as from a sanctimonious diva who revels in being a pompous drama queen. 

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

....you really are consumed with your "victimization" aren't you ? 

jcgadfly wrote:

...and I'll take your musings as from a sanctimonious diva who revels in being a pompous drama queen. 

Victimization? Not so much.

Especially since I was trying to apologize to you for lumping you  in with the nuts around where I live. That should've come out better than it did earlier. I regret that it didn't.

If you really want, I'll just take you as seriously as I do a Christian pastor. I'd rather not though. You at least make some sense occasionally.

— George Carlin

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

It's the people who say what they mean and when you call them on how foolish what they're saying is they fall back on "Oh, i was just being sarcastic." It only seems to happen when they get busted .

Seriously, you can "call me" out or "bust" me as much as you like if it makes you feel superior.   I will continue to say what I want and couch it's intent as I please with or without you approval.  I have posted content on this forum that at times verged on emotional insanity and I didn't later backpedal away from it just because someone didn't like it.  Get over yourself.

I wasn't talking about you but the asshats where I live. Apologies again.

— George Carlin

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:I wasn't

jcgadfly wrote:

Okay.  We're good then.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Okay.  We're good then.

thanks.

— George Carlin