why i believe

JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 295
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
why i believe

From the very first week of existance God established MARRIAGE.  He made Adam, and saw he was helpless, so from Adam God created Eve.  Not as his servant, but as his partner-in-crime, his helper, his confidant.  Im sure most of you are atheists partly because some "power-hungry" men in the past oppressed women in the name of the Lord.....BUT they Bible has nothing of the sort.....

 

Anyway, God created marriage between a MAN and a WOMAN as a direct example of Christ's relationship to the church.  The church is the bride of Christ.  The church is not a building....the bible definition of church is the body of believers.  The Bible says that husbands are to love their wives as Christ loves the Church and gave Himself for it.

The wife in Song of Solomon 5:16 says "my beloved and my friend".  Biblical marriage is not only a man and woman co-existing together, but its FRIENDSHIP.  IMHO the straw that breaks the camel's back leading to divorce is LACK of FRIENDSHIP in marriages. 

If a man saw his wife as his BEST friend he would not covet other women, he would not sit on his "two-pack" with a tv remote or PS3 controller in his hand.  He would be SERVING her.  lack of SERVING is another thing that destroys marriages.  Secular Society (and infortunately some "pious" religious societies) are SELFISH rather than SELFLESS.  People do what they want, when they want, how they want, because THEY want...."Forget my husband or wife, THEY don't understand MY desires"

This is the problem with athiests.  "I don't have to be open and honest with my spouse"= I don't REALLY trust this person with my life.

"I can window shop, as long as I don't buy"=Majority of the time ends up in adultry

Why is divorce so devastating? Why is one or bother parties completely destroyed emotionally in a non-marital sexual relationship?  The act of intercourse physically, emotionally, and spiritually bonds 2 individuals on such an intense level, that the Bible simply describes it as 2 become 1. THIS is why intercourse is reserved for marriage, because of that bond.  Actually under the law of Moses if you slept with someone out of wedlock, you just married them. 

 

Why do I believe this is all tried and true?  My wife and I went through things only God could have gotten us through.  I was not honest, and held things from my past from her out of fear.....things that she found out on her own, by accident.  She left for 5 days, we barely talked.  She would not accept apology, she doubted in my faith, she doubted my past was past.  Intense anger was present in our home for a good month.  We slept separately for that time.  What did we do?  we DID NOT divorce.  We both know God never intended divorce.  We prayed to the Lord for eachother every night, but mainly for the Lord to work in us individually, and worked on our personal relationships with Him.  We sought out BIBLICAL counseling.  What did the counseler do?  Well he started in Genesis 2, and from there we walked through scripture on guidance to what we must do.  I learned that secrets destroy, lies destroy, deceit destroys.  My wife learned that by kicking me out of the room she was punishing me by using the marriage bed as her personal space.  After a month we came together again, and she was able to forgive me.  We are now in a couple's small group learning more about Biblical marriage than we ever knew. 

During that time did part of me want to fear that we would never come out on the other side?  YES did she? YES  But with prayer, searching the scripture, working on our personal relationships with the Lord, and Biblical support from those around us we found the light at the end of the tunnel and our marriage now is better than it ever was.

 

Nobody but God could have brought us through.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


TWD39
Theist
Posts: 300
Joined: 2012-07-02
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:TWD39

Anonymouse wrote:

TWD39 wrote:

Typical atheist response.  Instead of addressing my point specifically, you take it in another direction of mockery.  Besides, some translations say two people in the same bed.

 

Typical theist tactic. You ignore me when I address your point directly, so I thought I'd try this. Instant success.

And btw, it's not mockery, it's simply just as far-fetched as your claims of bible science.

 

So anyway, how you been, Paisley ? 

 

1.  You didn't address the point at all.  Lying comes easy when you do it frequently, huh?

 

2.  I'm not Paisley.  But it doesn't surprise me to see you treat another theist in the same rude fashion.     Do you need a towel to wipe that egg off your face?


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
TWD39 wrote:1.  You didn't

TWD39 wrote:

1.  You didn't address the point at all. Lying comes easy when you do it frequently, huh?

 

2.  I'm not Paisley.  But it doesn't surprise me to see you treat another theist in the same rude fashion.     Do you need a towel to wipe that egg off your face?

 

I seem to have hit a nerve here. Smiling

1. Read what I write, please. You always had trouble with that.

2. Try not to use the same shtick if you want to reinvent yourself.

 


TWD39
Theist
Posts: 300
Joined: 2012-07-02
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:TWD39

Anonymouse wrote:

TWD39 wrote:

1.  You didn't address the point at all. Lying comes easy when you do it frequently, huh?

 

2.  I'm not Paisley.  But it doesn't surprise me to see you treat another theist in the same rude fashion.     Do you need a towel to wipe that egg off your face?

 

I seem to have hit a nerve here. Smiling

1. Read what I write, please. You always had trouble with that.

2. Try not to use the same shtick if you want to reinvent yourself.

 

 

1. Yeah, you said it was "far fetched" with no supporting examples or foundation for your assertion.  Ooooh, great comeback.

2.  You're only embarrassing yourself with this false charge.   OTOH, you atheists all sound the same to me.

 


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5100
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Dearly beloved, Twd,

 

TWD39 wrote:

no supporting examples or foundation for your assertion. 

 

Please apply this rule to every assertion you make.

 

TWD39 wrote:

OTOH, you atheists all sound the same to me.

 

This observation is mutual. You theists sound all the same to us. You contrive to appear logical until it suits you to indulge in naked assertions or to insist that no proof of an objective truth claim somehow constitutes proof if the claim cannot be proved wrong. Almost all theists I have encountered on this site have been remarkable for their poor thinking. But you are right. You are nowhere near as clever as Paisley. 

In any case, atheists generally want testable explanations for objective truth claims. That's all they want. The problem you have with us is that we do not accept your bald assertions and circular fallacies. Instead when there is too little evidence to be certain we say we are unsure and we always remain open to changing our minds. This is an intellectually demanding position and it's no surprise to me that you are not brave enough to own it.

 

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

TWD39 wrote:
You have no proof that the book of  Genesis is a book of myths and fairy tales (a derogatory term used to belittle Christians).  Lack of evidence is not factual proof either.

Humility is a Christian virtue and lord knows they need it more than anyone.

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

TWD39 wrote:
Really every bit of science disproves the Bible?   Genesis 1 tells me that man was the last animal created.  Can you find another animal species as developed as humans?

All species are equally advanced. There are new species of Chiclids appearing all the time and in lab conditions.

Quote:
Why are we the only species that developed the ability to speak?

Chiclids don't say much.

Quote:
WHy are the only species that creates music?

Are there no songbirds in your reality? They develop new songs all the time. That is well established by observation.

Quote:
Dozens of questions like this.  If I look further, Job 26:7 tells me that the earth is suspended in space.

Job left out the turtles. So what? If you can show me in Job where it says the Earth revolves around the sun you might have something.

 

Quote:
Leviticus 17:11 tells me that life is in the blood.  Do you disagree with this?

The entire educated world has disagreed with that for centuries and today we teach gradeschool children it is nonsense. Those who believe in vampires still think it is true.

 

Quote:
Luke 17:34-36 is another interesting verse.  It describes the coming of Christ during a time where some people are asleep at night, and others are working on the field.  This would only be possible with a rotating earth around the sun.

How does that exclude the sun REVOLVING around the earth? The rotates on it axis but revolves around the sun or sun around the earth in biblical terms.

Quote:
I'm having a hard time seeing this inaccurate book of myths that you allude to.  Atheism, by definition, is a myth though.

You mean snakes talk to you? Do asses see angels and talk to you about them? Do you see angels? Does the sun stop in the sky when you raise your hands? Do you know how to breed a black and a white sheep to produce a spotted sheep? (You probably think that is how it happens.) Do you think blood is life? Oops! you already answered that. Do you believe in a breath of life? Living waters? And ark that strikes people dead? A tower of Babel and the gods being pissed at it instead of laughing at it?

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

Anonymouse wrote:
Luke wrote:
17:34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

17:35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

17:36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Two men in one bed ?

*starts gathering stones*

So does god take the top or the bottom? One of them must be righteous.

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
TWD39 wrote:1. Yeah, you

TWD39 wrote:

1. Yeah, you said it was "far fetched" with no supporting examples or foundation for your assertion.  Ooooh, great comeback.

2.  You're only embarrassing yourself with this false charge.   OTOH, you atheists all sound the same to me.

 

 

1. You obviously didn't read my posts.

2. Actually, you'd be surprised how few visiting theists here match your level of vitriol. 

    So you never had an account here before ? Yes or no will do. 


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

TWD39 wrote:
Anonymouse wrote:
TWD39 wrote:
Leviticus 17:11 tells me that life is in the blood.  Do you disagree with this?

How much "life" do you think you'll have left if all the other fluids get taken out ?

TWD39 wrote:
Luke 17:34-36 is another interesting verse.

I'll say !

TWD39 wrote:
It describes the coming of Christ during a time where some people are asleep at night, and others are working on the field.  This would only be possible with a rotating earth around the sun.

Luke wrote:
17:34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

17:35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

17:36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Two men in one bed ?

*starts gathering stones*

Typical atheist response.  Instead of addressing my point specifically, you take it in another direction of mockery.  Besides, some translations say two people in the same bed.

It is your citation. Is the top or the bottom the righteous man? Obviously it is saying homosexuality is not per se sinful.

If you give a quote you cannot also limit its applicability.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

TWD39 wrote:

1.  You didn't address the point at all.  Lying comes easy when you do it frequently, huh?

2.  I'm not Paisley.  But it doesn't surprise me to see you treat another theist in the same rude fashion.     Do you need a towel to wipe that egg off your face?

You have been treated with all the repect you have earned. You knew when you started posting that quoting the bible earns ridicule not respect but you did it anyway. You deliberately chose to be ridiculed. Are you trying to gain suffering points to get a better place in heaven?

You knew before you started that bible points are always ridiculed. Yet you complain about what you knew would happen. Is this honest?

BTW: How do you know Paisley?

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4516
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
TWD39 wrote:Genesis 1 tells

TWD39 wrote:

Genesis 1 tells me that man was the last animal created. 

Yet we are not the youngest species. Many species are significantly newer than man.

 

TWD39 wrote:

Can you find another animal species as developed as humans? 

Developed how? Certainly we can state with confidence that we have the most developed brains, but in many other categories other species are far more developed than we are. 

 

TWD39 wrote:

Why are we the only species that developed the ability to speak? 

We are not but I have already been through this with you. 

 

TWD39 wrote:

WHy are the only species that creates music? 

We are not.

 

TWD39 wrote:

Dozens of questions like this. 

Dozens of questions that just demonstrate your ignorance and apparent unwillingness to research the topic and that you intentionally ignore when anyone answers the questions. Your personal ignorance does not prove the bible is true, it simply provides evidence that ignorant people believe the bible. 

 

TWD39 wrote:

Leviticus 17:11 tells me that life is in the blood.  Do you disagree with this?

 

Anyone with the slightest knowledge of basic medicine would. Blood is necessary to maintain life but not sufficient. Also, there is still plenty of blood around when you die, life disappears long before the blood does. They probably just believed that because they noticed that live people have warm blood and dead people have cold blood so they associated the heat in blood as life. 

 

I just usually go with my own taste. If I like something, and it happens to be against the law, well, then I might have a problem.- Hunter S. Thompson


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:BTW: How

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
BTW: How do you know Paisley?
 

She'll probably say because I brought it up. Either way, this is definitely another repeat customer. I only point these things out cause I kinda enjoy watching them lie about it. 


TWD39
Theist
Posts: 300
Joined: 2012-07-02
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Anyone

Beyond Saving wrote:

Anyone with the slightest knowledge of basic medicine would. Blood is necessary to maintain life but not sufficient. Also, there is still plenty of blood around when you die, life disappears long before the blood does. They probably just believed that because they noticed that live people have warm blood and dead people have cold blood so they associated the heat in blood as life. 

 

 

Nice dancing around the point. The verse is simple.  Blood is necessary for life.  It doesn't say anything about a body can not die unless it is drained completely of blood. 

 

Besides, I don't think you're a very good authority for medical facts since you believe that sex with multiple partners does not increase your odds of getting an STD, a ridiculous notion that any doctor would dispute.  I could have trotted out tons of evidence from the CDC to show you the facts, but I was nice and let you off easy on that.   You would deny it anyways and go on living in your fairy land where sinful behavior is somehow good, and CHristian morals like Love Thy Neighbor are wicked and so EVIL!!!


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4516
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
TWD39 wrote:Nice dancing

TWD39 wrote:

Nice dancing around the point. The verse is simple.  Blood is necessary for life.  It doesn't say anything about a body can not die unless it is drained completely of blood. 

It also obviously ignores the dozens of other things that are required for life. Life is not in our blood, blood is simply one of many necessities to live. So the quote "blood is life" is blatantly false and best left as a literary device like saying "love comes from the heart".

 

TWD39 wrote:
 

Besides, I don't think you're a very good authority for medical facts since you believe that sex with multiple partners does not increase your odds of getting an STD, a ridiculous notion that any doctor would dispute.  I could have trotted out tons of evidence from the CDC to show you the facts, but I was nice and let you off easy on that.   You would deny it anyways and go on living in your fairy land where sinful behavior is somehow good, and CHristian morals like Love Thy Neighbor are wicked and so EVIL!!!

lol. I never claimed it didn't increase risk, just that the risk is very acceptable and can be easily reduced. Walking up stairs increases the risk of falling down them and breaking your neck- that doesn't mean you should live life avoiding all stairs. I love how you manage to turn every topic over to my sex life though, do you want some videos?

I just usually go with my own taste. If I like something, and it happens to be against the law, well, then I might have a problem.- Hunter S. Thompson


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5100
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
This assertion is laughable

 

TWD39 wrote:

Nice dancing around the point. The verse is simple.  Blood is necessary for life.  It doesn't say anything about a body can not die unless it is drained completely of blood. 

 

Blood is vital for life in vertebrates. When life first appeared in the form of archaeobacteria there was no blood, only cytoplasm of unknown biochemical composition and this is still how each cell in a human being operates at a base level. 

Blood is required to carry oxygen and nutrients and waste to and from symbiotic specialized cells that are isolated from the atmosphere inside a 'dry suit' of skin. 

As usual, the bible bases its 'scientific' theories on the uninformed opinions of the ancient Greeks. The vast majority of species that comprise Earth's biosphere exist entirely without blood, including the MRCA of all life. 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


blacklight915
blacklight915's picture
Posts: 544
Joined: 2011-12-23
User is offlineOffline
TWD39 wrote:You would deny

TWD39 wrote:

You would deny it anyways and go on living in your fairy land where sinful behavior is somehow good, and CHristian morals like Love Thy Neighbor are wicked and so EVIL!!!

Lol, you act like sex is inherently immoral or something...  Also, TWD39, it seems your definition of "neighbor" excludes pretty much every atheist on this board.

 


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

TWD39 wrote:
Nice dancing around the point. The verse is simple.  Blood is necessary for life.  It doesn't say anything about a body can not die unless it is drained completely of blood.

Buzzer there. You said blood IS life. That blood is necessary for life only needs to be explained to a retarded hafl-wit. Which implies only retarded half-wits think such a statement needs a divine source.

Quote:
Besides, I don't think you're a very good authority for medical facts since you believe that sex with multiple partners does not increase your odds of getting an STD, a ridiculous notion that any doctor would dispute.  I could have trotted out tons of evidence from the CDC to show you the facts, but I was nice and let you off easy on that.   You would deny it anyways and go on living in your fairy land where sinful behavior is somehow good, and CHristian morals like Love Thy Neighbor are wicked and so EVIL!!!

Please feel free to do so without deleting the qualifier of unprotected sex. To delete that statement is the essense of lying. BTW: For some three years at the height of the AIDS thing back in the 80s I read all the MMWRs. After you look up what the MMWR is please do not try to tell me what they said.

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

TWD39 wrote:
Nice dancing around the point. The verse is simple.  Blood is necessary for life.  It doesn't say anything about a body can not die unless it is drained completely of blood.

Buzzer there. You said blood IS life. That blood is necessary for life only needs to be explained to a retarded hafl-wit. Which implies only retarded half-wits think such a statement needs a divine source.

Quote:
Besides, I don't think you're a very good authority for medical facts since you believe that sex with multiple partners does not increase your odds of getting an STD, a ridiculous notion that any doctor would dispute.  I could have trotted out tons of evidence from the CDC to show you the facts, but I was nice and let you off easy on that.   You would deny it anyways and go on living in your fairy land where sinful behavior is somehow good, and CHristian morals like Love Thy Neighbor are wicked and so EVIL!!!

Please feel free to do so without deleting the qualifier of unprotected sex. To delete that statement is the essense of lying. BTW: For some three years at the height of the AIDS thing back in the 80s I read all the MMWRs. After you look up what the MMWR is please do not try to tell me what they said.

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

Beyond Saving wrote:
It also obviously ignores the dozens of other things that are required for life. Life is not in our blood, blood is simply one of many necessities to live. So the quote "blood is life" is blatantly false and best left as a literary device like saying "love comes from the heart".

In those days love came from the liver. It was really quite a romantic idea.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
TWD39 wrote:Nice dancing

TWD39 wrote:

Nice dancing around the point. The verse is simple.  

Yeah, let's not dance around the point and have a look at the full verse.

 

Leviticus wrote:
17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1548
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is onlineOnline
> Seeing what book its' in . . .

 Seeing what book its' in . . .

Anonymouse wrote:

TWD39 wrote:

Nice dancing around the point. The verse is simple.  

Yeah, let's not dance around the point and have a look at the full verse.

 

Leviticus wrote:
17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

 

  TWD -- New Testament cross-ref. Acts 10:10-11;10:28  bon appetit, and to a lessor extent the Book of Hebrews 9:22b (NKJV)-- , and without shedding of blood there is no remission (.. for sin).  A partial answer must include what is known as the sub-heading of a dietary law if you'd bothered to look a little closer, please.



See:Image

 

 

 

 

 


TWD39
Theist
Posts: 300
Joined: 2012-07-02
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Nice

Beyond Saving wrote:

Nice dancing around the point. The verse is simple.  Blood is necessary for life.  It doesn't say anything about a body can not die unless it is drained completely of blood. 

 

It also obviously ignores the dozens of other things that are required for life. Life is not in our blood, blood is simply one of many necessities to live. So the quote "blood is life" is blatantly false and best left as a literary device like saying "love comes from the heart".

 

You just can't admit that the Bible is right.  The statement is absolutely true.  You can not live without blood.  Blood carries oxygen to our tissues as well as many other functions.  Our body quickly dies without this life force.  You put so much faith in man's science, but if it agrees with the Bible, oh suddenly, science is wrong. 

 

 

 

Beyond Saving wrote:

lol. I never claimed it didn't increase risk, just that the risk is very acceptable and can be easily reduced. Walking up stairs increases the risk of falling down them and breaking your neck- that doesn't mean you should live life avoiding all stairs. I love how you manage to turn every topic over to my sex life though, do you want some videos?

 

I only bring up the topic of sex because it demonstrates how atheist will argue against reality and facts if the Bible supports such reality.  I suppose you are going to argue that it is a GREAT idea to be a cosigner on a loan, huh? lol 

 The risk of walking up stairs is quite minimal and certainly not comparable to risky sexual behavior.   One messup, and your life could be ruined.  Follow the Bible's laws on sex, and there is no worry.  It's quite simple. 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
You can also die without

You can also die without air, food or water without ever having to bleed out. Biblical logic says you should still be able to live without those things because you have blood.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
TWD39 wrote:You just can't

TWD39 wrote:
You just can't admit that the Bible is right.  The statement is absolutely true.  You can not live without blood.

 

Once again, the statement in question : 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood.

And the full verse : 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

 

TWD39 wrote:
I only bring up the topic of sex because it demonstrates how atheist will argue against reality and facts if the Bible supports such reality.
 


 

Who tried to argue against the "two men in one bed" ? 

That was you, wasn't it ? 


TWD39
Theist
Posts: 300
Joined: 2012-07-02
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:TWD39

Anonymouse wrote:

TWD39 wrote:
You just can't admit that the Bible is right.  The statement is absolutely true.  You can not live without blood.

 

Once again, the statement in question : 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood.

And the full verse : 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

 

TWD39 wrote:
I only bring up the topic of sex because it demonstrates how atheist will argue against reality and facts if the Bible supports such reality.
 


 

Who tried to argue against the "two men in one bed" ? 

That was you, wasn't it ? 

But of course, you ignored the main point which is that the verse suggests pre-scientific knowledge of a rotating earth, certainly not what people would have imagined if they truly believed in a flat earth back in the day.

You just can't admit that the Bible is right about anything, can you?

 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
TWD39 wrote:Anonymouse

TWD39 wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

TWD39 wrote:
You just can't admit that the Bible is right.  The statement is absolutely true.  You can not live without blood.

 

Once again, the statement in question : 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood.

And the full verse : 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

 

TWD39 wrote:
I only bring up the topic of sex because it demonstrates how atheist will argue against reality and facts if the Bible supports such reality.
 


 

Who tried to argue against the "two men in one bed" ? 

That was you, wasn't it ? 

But of course, you ignored the main point which is that the verse suggests pre-scientific knowledge of a rotating earth, certainly not what people would have imagined if they truly believed in a flat earth back in the day.

You just can't admit that the Bible is right about anything, can you?

 

except that the conclusion they likely came to at the time was that the sun revolved around the earth (they could still have a flat earth with that idea) - you keep forgetting that little part, huh?

I don't expect you to respond to me - that would take integrity on your part. I just post this for everyone else.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


blacklight915
blacklight915's picture
Posts: 544
Joined: 2011-12-23
User is offlineOffline
"I don't expect you to

"I don't expect you to respond to me"

Well, I do expect you to respond to me, TWD39.  My posts are generally quite short, why do you not respond to them?  Are you more interested in talking with the people who don't like you at all?

 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
blacklight915 wrote:"I don't

blacklight915 wrote:

"I don't expect you to respond to me"

Well, I do expect you to respond to me, TWD39.  My posts are generally quite short, why do you not respond to them?  Are you more interested in talking with the people who don't like you at all?

 

TWD/Paisley/whatever likes to jump over posts of substance to pick on posts full of ridicule. I called he/she/it out on it and TWD decided to ignore me from then on.

Poor child.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


TWD39
Theist
Posts: 300
Joined: 2012-07-02
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:TWD39

jcgadfly wrote:

TWD39 wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

TWD39 wrote:
You just can't admit that the Bible is right.  The statement is absolutely true.  You can not live without blood.

 

Once again, the statement in question : 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood.

And the full verse : 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

 

TWD39 wrote:
I only bring up the topic of sex because it demonstrates how atheist will argue against reality and facts if the Bible supports such reality.
 


 

Who tried to argue against the "two men in one bed" ? 

That was you, wasn't it ? 

But of course, you ignored the main point which is that the verse suggests pre-scientific knowledge of a rotating earth, certainly not what people would have imagined if they truly believed in a flat earth back in the day.

You just can't admit that the Bible is right about anything, can you?

 

except that the conclusion they likely came to at the time was that the sun revolved around the earth (they could still have a flat earth with that idea) - you keep forgetting that little part, huh?

I don't expect you to respond to me - that would take integrity on your part. I just post this for everyone else.

 

"Hey Pa, did ya hear that?"

"What's that, sonny?"

"I thought I hear something like, well like the sound of whining soul desperate for attention."

"You're mistaken, my boy.  It's just the hollow wind."

"Thanks Pa.  I'll just ignore it then."


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1548
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is onlineOnline
You'll be sorry . . . .

 You'll be sorry . .  . .

Quote:"Hey Pa, did ya hear that?"

"What's that, sonny?"

"I thought I hear something like, well like the sound of whining soul desperate for attention."

"You're mistaken, my boy.  It's just the hollow wind."

"Thanks Pa.  I'll just ignore it then."


  At this point I am afraid JesusLovesYou is not going to know who he is talking to. Sailing under  false colors (a British idiom)  is a major rule violation. Are you shooting for that Theistard by your UserName or moving up to full on Troll by this ?


TWD39
Theist
Posts: 300
Joined: 2012-07-02
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

 

TWD39 wrote:

Nice dancing around the point. The verse is simple.  Blood is necessary for life.  It doesn't say anything about a body can not die unless it is drained completely of blood. 

 

Blood is vital for life in vertebrates. When life first appeared in the form of archaeobacteria there was no blood, only cytoplasm of unknown biochemical composition and this is still how each cell in a human being operates at a base level. 

Blood is required to carry oxygen and nutrients and waste to and from symbiotic specialized cells that are isolated from the atmosphere inside a 'dry suit' of skin. 

As usual, the bible bases its 'scientific' theories on the uninformed opinions of the ancient Greeks. The vast majority of species that comprise Earth's biosphere exist entirely without blood, including the MRCA of all life. 

 

 

Then you can't have it both ways.  You can't claim that the Bible is 100% wrong scientifically, but also claim that they stole the accurate science from the Greeks. 

 

Also, if they stole the notion that life is in the blood from the Greeks, why did doctors think bloodletting could heal and rid the body of impurities?  This practice went on from the ancient Greeks to early America.

 

 

 


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3113
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is onlineOnline
Vastet wrote:TWD39

Vastet wrote:
TWD39 wrote:

pauljohntheskeptic wrote:

There are several fairy tales myths on how marriage began, the Genesis account is one of them.

 

You have no proof that the book of  Genesis is a book of myths and fairy tales (a derogatory term used to belittle Christians).  Lack of evidence is not factual proof either.

All of science proves the bible is a book of myth and falsehood. We have more than a thousand years of proof. You've got nothing.

I second this and call for a vote that all religions be outlawed.

 

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
TWD39 wrote:But of course,

TWD39 wrote:
But of course, you ignored the main point which is that the verse suggests pre-scientific knowledge of a rotating earth, certainly not what people would have imagined if they truly believed in a flat earth back in the day.

Ignored the main point ? I posted the whole thing for you. Also, I read other people's posts. Why should I repeat something you already ignored ? 

 

 

TWD39 wrote:
You just can't admit that the Bible is right about anything, can you?
 

Once again, you're the one who argued against that. Your double standard appears to be showing.


blacklight915
blacklight915's picture
Posts: 544
Joined: 2011-12-23
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly

jcgadfly wrote:

TWD/Paisley/whatever likes to jump over posts of substance to pick on posts full of ridicule. I called he/she/it out on it and TWD decided to ignore me from then on.

Poor child.

You do seem to be following this pattern a lot recently, TWD39, why not try something different?

In addition, TWD39, would you care to correct people on the issue of your gender? Or should I do it for you?

 


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1548
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is onlineOnline
Repeatedly ignored time after time (man oh man alive) . .

 A SPECIAL LOOK AND ATTENTION TO #71

Anonymouse wrote:

TWD39 wrote:
But of course, you ignored the main point which is that the verse suggests pre-scientific knowledge of a rotating earth, certainly not what people would have imagined if they truly believed in a flat earth back in the day.

Ignored the main point ? I posted the whole thing for you. Also, I read other people's posts. Why should I repeat something you already ignored ? 

 

 

TWD39 wrote:
You just can't admit that the Bible is right about anything, can you?
 

Once again, you're the one who argued against that. Your double standard appears to be showing.

 

 

  Last time I heard and this is quite a few days back TWD 'she' announced and I quote:

 

Quote:
I refuse to take up my valuable time with your "research" when any point or cites I make is completely ignored.

 

   I dont see any value in trying to determine gender any longer. To do so will only mean we'll have to go all the way back to the first Thread, and I know Pa isnt too fond of that idea.

  The him/her/it 'who cried , Wolf'. You know, Everyone should be willing to listen to the feedback from TWD 'her'. Nobody ever even talks to TWD  'her', this I am hearing. This can only mean, the bible MUST also have been 'ignored' according to TWD39 'her'.  More's the pity  

 

 

 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote: You'll

danatemporary wrote:

 You'll be sorry . .  . .

Quote:"Hey Pa, did ya hear that?"

"What's that, sonny?"

"I thought I hear something like, well like the sound of whining soul desperate for attention."

"You're mistaken, my boy.  It's just the hollow wind."

"Thanks Pa.  I'll just ignore it then."


  At this point I am afraid JesusLovesYou is not going to know who he is talking to. Sailing under  false colors (a British idiom)  is a major rule violation. Are you shooting for that Theistard by your UserName or moving up to full on Troll by this ?

The poor kid - I give out softballs like that and TWD?Pais-pais comes without a bat...

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13623
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
TWD39 wrote:Beyond Saving

TWD39 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Anyone with the slightest knowledge of basic medicine would. Blood is necessary to maintain life but not sufficient. Also, there is still plenty of blood around when you die, life disappears long before the blood does. They probably just believed that because they noticed that live people have warm blood and dead people have cold blood so they associated the heat in blood as life. 

 

 

Nice dancing around the point. The verse is simple.  Blood is necessary for life.  It doesn't say anything about a body can not die unless it is drained completely of blood. 

 

Besides, I don't think you're a very good authority for medical facts since you believe that sex with multiple partners does not increase your odds of getting an STD, a ridiculous notion that any doctor would dispute.  I could have trotted out tons of evidence from the CDC to show you the facts, but I was nice and let you off easy on that.   You would deny it anyways and go on living in your fairy land where sinful behavior is somehow good, and CHristian morals like Love Thy Neighbor are wicked and so EVIL!!!

ANY VERSE OF ANY HOLY BOOK is like fucking playdough, the individual reader can and will read into it whatever justifies their own personal desires. You might even agree with that and say "but they are not "true Christians". Sure, that has been argued, and somehow you hit the lottery where they did not and you ended up with the magic lottery ticket that gave you the magic tin foil antina that gave you an inside track to daddy where all others got it wrong.

 

Well, take a number. If "I got it right" were evedence every idiot claimg a god with two arms or 4 testicals could take their claims to the patient office. But they cant, and like you, they pontficate about the self serving circular reasoning  of verse quoting and "missinterpretation" that will never get any of you anywhere. It is narcissistic cheast beating full of sound and as hollow as the center of a doughnut.

You claim a god. Wow, that has never happend. You also claim those within your club got it wrong. WOW, that too has never happend.

Excuse me while I grab my barf bag.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Damasius
Theist
Posts: 118
Joined: 2010-02-25
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:From the

JesusLovesYou wrote:

From the very first week of existance God established MARRIAGE.  He made Adam, and saw he was helpless, so from Adam God created Eve.  Not as his servant, but as his partner-in-crime, his helper, his confidant.  Im sure most of you are atheists partly because some "power-hungry" men in the past oppressed women in the name of the Lord.....BUT they Bible has nothing of the sort.....

 

Anyway, God created marriage between a MAN and a WOMAN as a direct example of Christ's relationship to the church.  The church is the bride of Christ.  The church is not a building....the bible definition of church is the body of believers.  The Bible says that husbands are to love their wives as Christ loves the Church and gave Himself for it.

The wife in Song of Solomon 5:16 says "my beloved and my friend".  Biblical marriage is not only a man and woman co-existing together, but its FRIENDSHIP.  IMHO the straw that breaks the camel's back leading to divorce is LACK of FRIENDSHIP in marriages. 

If a man saw his wife as his BEST friend he would not covet other women, he would not sit on his "two-pack" with a tv remote or PS3 controller in his hand.  He would be SERVING her.  lack of SERVING is another thing that destroys marriages.  Secular Society (and infortunately some "pious" religious societies) are SELFISH rather than SELFLESS.  People do what they want, when they want, how they want, because THEY want...."Forget my husband or wife, THEY don't understand MY desires"

This is the problem with athiests.  "I don't have to be open and honest with my spouse"= I don't REALLY trust this person with my life.

"I can window shop, as long as I don't buy"=Majority of the time ends up in adultry

Why is divorce so devastating? Why is one or bother parties completely destroyed emotionally in a non-marital sexual relationship?  The act of intercourse physically, emotionally, and spiritually bonds 2 individuals on such an intense level, that the Bible simply describes it as 2 become 1. THIS is why intercourse is reserved for marriage, because of that bond.  Actually under the law of Moses if you slept with someone out of wedlock, you just married them. 

 

Why do I believe this is all tried and true?  My wife and I went through things only God could have gotten us through.  I was not honest, and held things from my past from her out of fear.....things that she found out on her own, by accident.  She left for 5 days, we barely talked.  She would not accept apology, she doubted in my faith, she doubted my past was past.  Intense anger was present in our home for a good month.  We slept separately for that time.  What did we do?  we DID NOT divorce.  We both know God never intended divorce.  We prayed to the Lord for eachother every night, but mainly for the Lord to work in us individually, and worked on our personal relationships with Him.  We sought out BIBLICAL counseling.  What did the counseler do?  Well he started in Genesis 2, and from there we walked through scripture on guidance to what we must do.  I learned that secrets destroy, lies destroy, deceit destroys.  My wife learned that by kicking me out of the room she was punishing me by using the marriage bed as her personal space.  After a month we came together again, and she was able to forgive me.  We are now in a couple's small group learning more about Biblical marriage than we ever knew. 

During that time did part of me want to fear that we would never come out on the other side?  YES did she? YES  But with prayer, searching the scripture, working on our personal relationships with the Lord, and Biblical support from those around us we found the light at the end of the tunnel and our marriage now is better than it ever was.

 

Nobody but God could have brought us through.

 

 

I find there is nothing wrong with personal testimony of experiencing God Many many people do, it seems to be a part of our human nature to be able to experience this. The sheer volume experiencing God every day rules out the tedious claims pertaining to unicorns or to mental ilness. Take birds for example, if we had a huge cage with 1000 birds and of these 1000 only 4 could not fly, we would certainly conclude that it is the 4 that are defficient.

 

 

 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
But you sell yourself so

But you sell yourself so short. Look...

"We sought out BIBLICAL counseling"

"I learned that secrets destroy, lies destroy, deceit destroys."

"My wife learned that by kicking me out of the room she was punishing me by using the marriage bed as her personal space"

"working on our personal relationships"

I think you guys busted your humps to save your marriage and God actually did bugger all.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1548
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is onlineOnline
Well! L00K Who it is (kidding, glad to see you stopped by) :

Damasius wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

From the very first week of existance God established MARRIAGE.  He made Adam, and saw he was helpless, so from Adam God created Eve.  Not as his servant, but as his partner-in-crime, his helper, his confidant.  Im sure most of you are atheists partly because some "power-hungry" men in the past oppressed women in the name of the Lord.....BUT they Bible has nothing of the sort.....

 

Anyway, God created marriage between a MAN and a WOMAN as a direct example of Christ's relationship to the church.  The church is the bride of Christ.  The church is not a building....the bible definition of church is the body of believers.  The Bible says that husbands are to love their wives as Christ loves the Church and gave Himself for it.

The wife in Song of Solomon 5:16 says "my beloved and my friend".  Biblical marriage is not only a man and woman co-existing together, but its FRIENDSHIP.  IMHO the straw that breaks the camel's back leading to divorce is LACK of FRIENDSHIP in marriages. 

If a man saw his wife as his BEST friend he would not covet other women, he would not sit on his "two-pack" with a tv remote or PS3 controller in his hand.  He would be SERVING her.  lack of SERVING is another thing that destroys marriages.  Secular Society (and infortunately some "pious" religious societies) are SELFISH rather than SELFLESS.  People do what they want, when they want, how they want, because THEY want...."Forget my husband or wife, THEY don't understand MY desires"

This is the problem with athiests.  "I don't have to be open and honest with my spouse"= I don't REALLY trust this person with my life.

"I can window shop, as long as I don't buy"=Majority of the time ends up in adultry

Why is divorce so devastating? Why is one or bother parties completely destroyed emotionally in a non-marital sexual relationship?  The act of intercourse physically, emotionally, and spiritually bonds 2 individuals on such an intense level, that the Bible simply describes it as 2 become 1. THIS is why intercourse is reserved for marriage, because of that bond.  Actually under the law of Moses if you slept with someone out of wedlock, you just married them. 

 

Why do I believe this is all tried and true?  My wife and I went through things only God could have gotten us through.  I was not honest, and held things from my past from her out of fear.....things that she found out on her own, by accident.  She left for 5 days, we barely talked.  She would not accept apology, she doubted in my faith, she doubted my past was past.  Intense anger was present in our home for a good month.  We slept separately for that time.  What did we do?  we DID NOT divorce.  We both know God never intended divorce.  We prayed to the Lord for eachother every night, but mainly for the Lord to work in us individually, and worked on our personal relationships with Him.  We sought out BIBLICAL counseling.  What did the counseler do?  Well he started in Genesis 2, and from there we walked through scripture on guidance to what we must do.  I learned that secrets destroy, lies destroy, deceit destroys.  My wife learned that by kicking me out of the room she was punishing me by using the marriage bed as her personal space.  After a month we came together again, and she was able to forgive me.  We are now in a couple's small group learning more about Biblical marriage than we ever knew. 

During that time did part of me want to fear that we would never come out on the other side?  YES did she? YES  But with prayer, searching the scripture, working on our personal relationships with the Lord, and Biblical support from those around us we found the light at the end of the tunnel and our marriage now is better than it ever was.

 

Nobody but God could have brought us through.

 

 

I find there is nothing wrong with personal testimony of experiencing God Many many people do, it seems to be a part of our human nature to be able to experience this. The sheer volume experiencing God every day rules out the tedious claims pertaining to unicorns or to mental ilness. Take birds for example, if we had a huge cage with 1000 birds and of these 1000 only 4 could not fly, we would certainly conclude that it is the 4 that are defficient.

 

 

 

  Little thought here, why dont you make yourself useful and read the entire thread, it is not all that lengthy at this point. Specific claims about the Bible were made  (stop). Whole passages were cited (stop). Disputes about contexts in particular books of the bible went on (stop). And You want to talk about 'experience' of God, through fully unbiblical  analogy (no offense intended)? You know maybe Brian37 might not see any value in this but, there are alot of people on this board at any given moment. Lurkers have got to be shaking their heads when you sit down, go through, & actually read the whole thread. Something you dont know about JesusLovesYou is he may not even come back to this thread the way  things  are with him. The Thread as moved on!

 

p.p.s. -- Complete off topic remark directed at no-one but btw I am being to hate 'Yahoo!'. 

 

 


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

TWD39 wrote:
You just can't admit that the Bible is right.  The statement is absolutely true.  You can not live without blood.  Blood carries oxygen to our tissues as well as many other functions.  Our body quickly dies without this life force.  You put so much faith in man's science, but if it agrees with the Bible, oh suddenly, science is wrong.

You wrote IS life.

 

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

TWD39 wrote:
But of course, you ignored the main point which is that the verse suggests pre-scientific knowledge of a rotating earth, certainly not what people would have imagined if they truly believed in a flat earth back in the day.

You just can't admit that the Bible is right about anything, can you?

Can you admit your gods are scientific illiterates? That they could not pass a grade school science exam? Of course not. Because you are equally illiterate.

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13623
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
Quote:I find there is

Quote:
I find there is nothing wrong with personal testimony of experiencing God Many many people do

All humans including me, have personal desires and predilections we jack off over. I will always have a problem when the priority of anyone's pet claims try to dominate politics in the form of law which can overide the common human condition we all have.

If believing in Allah gets you through the day, or believing that virgins can get pregnant by ghost sperm, or that Vishnu told you to protect cows. I also have my own mind heroine in the Redskins. What I do not do is vote on the interest of the Redskins. 

I find everything wrong in "tesimony" being anything more than wishful thinking. It will happen, sure, I have no problem in accepting that. BUT I WILL ALWAYS have a problem in that personal claims of any stripe should always get hand off status.

You can jack off over whatever, sure. But whatever you get your jollies over does not deserve taboo status. You can claim whatever you want, but others can and should question what you claim. Anything short of that is merely being an intelectual coward.

Everyone dreams and everyone has an "Idea", but our species has only had one reality, the reality of wanting to survive.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5100
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
The issue is

TWD39 wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

 

TWD39 wrote:

Nice dancing around the point. The verse is simple.  Blood is necessary for life.  It doesn't say anything about a body can not die unless it is drained completely of blood. 

 

Blood is vital for life in vertebrates. When life first appeared in the form of archaeobacteria there was no blood, only cytoplasm of unknown biochemical composition and this is still how each cell in a human being operates at a base level. 

Blood is required to carry oxygen and nutrients and waste to and from symbiotic specialized cells that are isolated from the atmosphere inside a 'dry suit' of skin. 

As usual, the bible bases its 'scientific' theories on the uninformed opinions of the ancient Greeks. The vast majority of species that comprise Earth's biosphere exist entirely without blood, including the MRCA of all life. 

 

 

Then you can't have it both ways.  You can't claim that the Bible is 100% wrong scientifically, but also claim that they stole the accurate science from the Greeks. 

Also, if they stole the notion that life is in the blood from the Greeks, why did doctors think bloodletting could heal and rid the body of impurities?  This practice went on from the ancient Greeks to early America.

 

 

that the Greeks were wrong. It took William Harvey to establish the true nature of the circulatory system. He achieved this through a lifetime of interlocking experiments, not by mining the bible for ambiguity. Blood letting, or flensing, doesn't heal or cleanse the blood. That's what the liver and kidneys are for. It will lower blood pressure somewhat and in a sick person could cause death. The business with flensing related to the bizarre Greek belief the body was governed by 'humours' that needed to be let out. 

 

 

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 295
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Manifest Presence

None of you have any concept of Manifest Presence, or IOW GLORY.  When you experience the GLORY of God, things happen.  You need to have a Lee Stroebel experience (athiest journalist that became a Christian, who preaches at Willow Creek, who's pastor is good friends with James MacDonald, my pastor).  You say God had no part.  How can you? Do you have the inside scoop in my life? Are there security cameras in my house that I do not know about?

We have experienced GLORY in our lives.  If my wife wasn't faithful to the Lord she would have been out the door never to return, but she sought out the Lord, as did I.  Constantly in prayer, constantly in the Word.  You should check out Mark Driscoll's REAL MARRIAGE.  There is heavy insight into true biblical marriage in there. 

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Damasius
Theist
Posts: 118
Joined: 2010-02-25
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote:Damasius

danatemporary wrote:

Damasius wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

From the very first week of existance God established MARRIAGE.  He made Adam, and saw he was helpless, so from Adam God created Eve.  Not as his servant, but as his partner-in-crime, his helper, his confidant.  Im sure most of you are atheists partly because some "power-hungry" men in the past oppressed women in the name of the Lord.....BUT they Bible has nothing of the sort.....

 

Anyway, God created marriage between a MAN and a WOMAN as a direct example of Christ's relationship to the church.  The church is the bride of Christ.  The church is not a building....the bible definition of church is the body of believers.  The Bible says that husbands are to love their wives as Christ loves the Church and gave Himself for it.

The wife in Song of Solomon 5:16 says "my beloved and my friend".  Biblical marriage is not only a man and woman co-existing together, but its FRIENDSHIP.  IMHO the straw that breaks the camel's back leading to divorce is LACK of FRIENDSHIP in marriages. 

If a man saw his wife as his BEST friend he would not covet other women, he would not sit on his "two-pack" with a tv remote or PS3 controller in his hand.  He would be SERVING her.  lack of SERVING is another thing that destroys marriages.  Secular Society (and infortunately some "pious" religious societies) are SELFISH rather than SELFLESS.  People do what they want, when they want, how they want, because THEY want...."Forget my husband or wife, THEY don't understand MY desires"

This is the problem with athiests.  "I don't have to be open and honest with my spouse"= I don't REALLY trust this person with my life.

"I can window shop, as long as I don't buy"=Majority of the time ends up in adultry

Why is divorce so devastating? Why is one or bother parties completely destroyed emotionally in a non-marital sexual relationship?  The act of intercourse physically, emotionally, and spiritually bonds 2 individuals on such an intense level, that the Bible simply describes it as 2 become 1. THIS is why intercourse is reserved for marriage, because of that bond.  Actually under the law of Moses if you slept with someone out of wedlock, you just married them. 

 

Why do I believe this is all tried and true?  My wife and I went through things only God could have gotten us through.  I was not honest, and held things from my past from her out of fear.....things that she found out on her own, by accident.  She left for 5 days, we barely talked.  She would not accept apology, she doubted in my faith, she doubted my past was past.  Intense anger was present in our home for a good month.  We slept separately for that time.  What did we do?  we DID NOT divorce.  We both know God never intended divorce.  We prayed to the Lord for eachother every night, but mainly for the Lord to work in us individually, and worked on our personal relationships with Him.  We sought out BIBLICAL counseling.  What did the counseler do?  Well he started in Genesis 2, and from there we walked through scripture on guidance to what we must do.  I learned that secrets destroy, lies destroy, deceit destroys.  My wife learned that by kicking me out of the room she was punishing me by using the marriage bed as her personal space.  After a month we came together again, and she was able to forgive me.  We are now in a couple's small group learning more about Biblical marriage than we ever knew. 

During that time did part of me want to fear that we would never come out on the other side?  YES did she? YES  But with prayer, searching the scripture, working on our personal relationships with the Lord, and Biblical support from those around us we found the light at the end of the tunnel and our marriage now is better than it ever was.

 

Nobody but God could have brought us through.

 

 

I find there is nothing wrong with personal testimony of experiencing God Many many people do, it seems to be a part of our human nature to be able to experience this. The sheer volume experiencing God every day rules out the tedious claims pertaining to unicorns or to mental ilness. Take birds for example, if we had a huge cage with 1000 birds and of these 1000 only 4 could not fly, we would certainly conclude that it is the 4 that are defficient.

 

 

 

  Little thought here, why dont you make yourself useful and read the entire thread, it is not all that lengthy at this point. Specific claims about the Bible were made  (stop). Whole passages were cited (stop). Disputes about contexts in particular books of the bible went on (stop). And You want to talk about 'experience' of God, through fully unbiblical  analogy (no offense intended)? You know maybe Brian37 might not see any value in this but, there are alot of people on this board at any given moment. Lurkers have got to be shaking their heads when you sit down, go through, & actually read the whole thread. Something you dont know about JesusLovesYou is he may not even come back to this thread the way  things  are with him. The Thread as moved on!

 

p.p.s. -- Complete off topic remark directed at no-one but btw I am being to hate 'Yahoo!'. 

 

 

 

Its basic courtesy to answer the OP first. Im not so much interested in the debate that took part afterwards, I comment on the SUBSTANCE of the thread. As explained in my previous post Im interested in Jesuslovesyou's personal experience of God, he may come back and answer my post or he may not. In sny case this is irrelevant. Tell me, when you read an article do you go trough every single comment to formulate an opinion? or do you read the article and formulate an opinion.


Damasius
Theist
Posts: 118
Joined: 2010-02-25
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:None of

JesusLovesYou wrote:

None of you have any concept of Manifest Presence, or IOW GLORY.  When you experience the GLORY of God, things happen.  You need to have a Lee Stroebel experience (athiest journalist that became a Christian, who preaches at Willow Creek, who's pastor is good friends with James MacDonald, my pastor).  You say God had no part.  How can you? Do you have the inside scoop in my life? Are there security cameras in my house that I do not know about?

We have experienced GLORY in our lives.  If my wife wasn't faithful to the Lord she would have been out the door never to return, but she sought out the Lord, as did I.  Constantly in prayer, constantly in the Word.  You should check out Mark Driscoll's REAL MARRIAGE.  There is heavy insight into true biblical marriage in there. 

 

 

In light of the above no one can argue against this man's experience. As he said you are not in his head , you cannot experience and see what he experienced. However the sheer volume of spiritual experiences happening everyday, in all cultures and at all epochs should be telling you something. Saul himself after experiencing God became a christian.


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4516
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
TWD39 wrote:Beyond Saving

TWD39 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Nice dancing around the point. The verse is simple.  Blood is necessary for life.  It doesn't say anything about a body can not die unless it is drained completely of blood. 

 

It also obviously ignores the dozens of other things that are required for life. Life is not in our blood, blood is simply one of many necessities to live. So the quote "blood is life" is blatantly false and best left as a literary device like saying "love comes from the heart".

 

You just can't admit that the Bible is right.  The statement is absolutely true.  You can not live without blood.  Blood carries oxygen to our tissues as well as many other functions.  Our body quickly dies without this life force.  You put so much faith in man's science, but if it agrees with the Bible, oh suddenly, science is wrong. 

 

Yes blood is necessary for life- something even a caveman recognizes- but blood alone is not sufficient for life- therefore blood is not life any more than water, air or food is. It is a simplistic statement that illustrates a primitive understanding of the human body.

 

 

TWD39 wrote:

I only bring up the topic of sex because it demonstrates how atheist will argue against reality and facts if the Bible supports such reality.  I suppose you are going to argue that it is a GREAT idea to be a cosigner on a loan, huh? lol 

I cosign for loans as a regular part of my business and have cosigned for friends before, I don't think it is a bad idea. Of course, it is really dependent on who you decide to cosign for, it would be a bad idea to cosign for someone who is irresponsible.  

 

TWD39 wrote:

 The risk of walking up stairs is quite minimal and certainly not comparable to risky sexual behavior.   One messup, and your life could be ruined.  Follow the Bible's laws on sex, and there is no worry.  It's quite simple. 

In 2009, over 24,000 people died from falls in the US http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/acc-inj.htm (which incidentally happens to be almost exactly how many people died from aids)

In 2010, over 2.3 million old people had falls serious enough to go to the hospital. http://www.cdc.gov/homeandrecreationalsafety/falls/adultfalls.html

and that doesn't even include everyone else. According to CBS news roughly 100,000 kids every year are treated for injuries related to falling down the stairs. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-57395274-10391704/stair-injuries-report-every-six-minutes-u.s-child-falls/ I couldn't find any stats on people between those two groups, but presumably they are not immune to falling. 

You are taking risks every time you decide to do anything, it is not a sufficient reason to avoid doing things you like. Walking up and down the stairs- one mess up and your life could be ruined. Driving your car to the store, one mess up and your life and/or someone else's life could be ruined (traffic accidents are routinely in the short list of most fatalities). So what? should you stop walking up stairs and driving your car? Of course not. Just be careful, don't be reckless and try to avoid accidents. Even then you might still have an accident someday  shit happens it is called living. It is quite simple. I know in my personal life, fucking is hardly the riskiest thing I do.  

 

I just usually go with my own taste. If I like something, and it happens to be against the law, well, then I might have a problem.- Hunter S. Thompson


Anonymouse
atheist
Posts: 1687
Joined: 2008-05-04
User is offlineOffline
Damasius wrote:JesusLovesYou

Damasius wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

None of you have any concept of Manifest Presence, or IOW GLORY.  When you experience the GLORY of God, things happen.  You need to have a Lee Stroebel experience (athiest journalist that became a Christian, who preaches at Willow Creek, who's pastor is good friends with James MacDonald, my pastor).  You say God had no part.  How can you? Do you have the inside scoop in my life? Are there security cameras in my house that I do not know about?

We have experienced GLORY in our lives.  If my wife wasn't faithful to the Lord she would have been out the door never to return, but she sought out the Lord, as did I.  Constantly in prayer, constantly in the Word.  You should check out Mark Driscoll's REAL MARRIAGE.  There is heavy insight into true biblical marriage in there. 

 

 

In light of the above no one can argue against this man's experience. As he said you are not in his head , you cannot experience and see what he experienced. However the sheer volume of spiritual experiences happening everyday, in all cultures and at all epochs should be telling you something. Saul himself after experiencing God became a christian.

 

I'm sorry, but how is this different from any other supernatural claim ? Would you believe any claim anyone makes, just because you "aren't in their head" ? 


Damasius
Theist
Posts: 118
Joined: 2010-02-25
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:Damasius

Anonymouse wrote:

Damasius wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

None of you have any concept of Manifest Presence, or IOW GLORY.  When you experience the GLORY of God, things happen.  You need to have a Lee Stroebel experience (athiest journalist that became a Christian, who preaches at Willow Creek, who's pastor is good friends with James MacDonald, my pastor).  You say God had no part.  How can you? Do you have the inside scoop in my life? Are there security cameras in my house that I do not know about?

We have experienced GLORY in our lives.  If my wife wasn't faithful to the Lord she would have been out the door never to return, but she sought out the Lord, as did I.  Constantly in prayer, constantly in the Word.  You should check out Mark Driscoll's REAL MARRIAGE.  There is heavy insight into true biblical marriage in there. 

 

 

In light of the above no one can argue against this man's experience. As he said you are not in his head , you cannot experience and see what he experienced. However the sheer volume of spiritual experiences happening everyday, in all cultures and at all epochs should be telling you something. Saul himself after experiencing God became a christian.

 

I'm sorry, but how is this different from any other supernatural claim ? Would you believe any claim anyone makes, just because you "aren't in their head" ? 

 

 

Its the volume of these kind of claims being made thats an indication.