Proof That Heaven is Real - This Time From a Former Skeptic (no actual proof is to be found)

TWD39
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Proof That Heaven is Real - This Time From a Former Skeptic (no actual proof is to be found)

Most atheists will quickly write off all NDEs as lack of oxygen in the brain or some other bogus explanation.

Well here's  a story that blows those theories out of the water.  A neurologist had a NDE experience and fully believes that he visited the afterlife and heaven.

http://ncu9nc.blogspot.com/2012/10/neurosurgeon-dr-eben-alexander-heaven.html

Here are the important factors to note in the story:

1.  Dr. Eben is a highly educated neurologist, someone who is an expert on the brain yet he can not find a scientific explanation. 

2.  The cortex was shut down completely during his experience.  His brain would have been incapable of generating thought or visual experiences

3.  Dr. Eben was a former skeptic who once believed that there was a medical explanation for NDEs.

If you doubt his credentials, here they are:

http://www.eternea.org/Eben_Alexander/biography_eben.htm

This story is now being reported on several news sites and made the cover of this week's Newsweek. 

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

TWD39 wrote:

Most atheists will quickly write off all NDEs as lack of oxygen in the brain or some other bogus explanation.

Personal experience does not constitute proof of anything.

He reports nothing "christian" about the experience whereas LDS users have conversed with Jesus. Why do you ignore acid trips?

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

Jeffrick wrote:

...Lack of oxygen to the brain is not bogus, it is a very serious condition and it does cause dizziness, delusions, mirages' and narcolepsy (thats sleep without being tired) all without sufffering meningitis or brain injury.  The doctor was suffering Meningitis (Inflamation of the brain) so severe he WAS IN A COMA, by simple definition his brain is not working normally.  Why should anyone believe memmorys from a non-working brain.

I have only read the usual summary description but it is predicated upon the part of the brain which involved consciousness not functioning. To paraphrase, "the part currently thought to be," which is a much different statement. But that gets me so far from my field even I laugh at me.

If the man had gone from lucid conscious to this state and then immediately back I would be reasonable to attribute this experience to that state. However excluding the "experience" from occurring before or after this state instead of during it is a fool's errand. Although incredibly more reasonable that it occurred while coming out of the coma to consciousness the author claims it was during the unknown period. How does he know?

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

TWD39 wrote:

Vastet wrote:
No proof found, fail.

Funny that atheists won't tell me exactly what is required for proof.  

Pathetic you are unfamiliar with the concept defined by the Greeks some 2500 years ago.

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

TWD39 wrote:
And on the same token, why should I take your word that nothing happens after I die?  The fact that he is a highly educated neurosurgeon and once wrote off NDE's as brain activity certainly lends a layer of credibilty to his story.   The NDE test subjects have shown increased activity in the temporal lobe.  His entire cortex was shut down.   If you are going with the "he's just lying" route then it would be quite easy to discredit his story based on medical records.  I see no reason why he would take such a chance.

No one has said anything about what happens after you are dead.

Nor is the author dead so he saying nothing about after death either.

Why are you raving about this?

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline
NGE

Falling from a high building has resulted in reports of Near Ground Experiences. As yet there are no reports of either ground or after ground experiences.

www.ussliberty.org

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
lol I could find and post a

lol I could find and post a gif proving NGEs exist, but my PS3 doesn't like gifs and records them as still images.
> >

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Looks like Eben actually

Looks like Eben actually contacted the Atheist Experience before he went and wrote his book :

http://freethoughtblogs.com/axp/2012/01/16/the-i-cant-believe-its-not-god-hypothesis/