Unique Ancient Spider Attack Preserved in Amber

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Unique Ancient Spider Attack Preserved in Amber

ScienceDaily (Oct. 8, 2012) — Researchers have found what they say is the only fossil ever discovered of a spider attack on prey caught in its web -- a 100 million-year-old snapshot of an engagement frozen in time.

The extraordinarily rare fossils are in a piece of amber that preserved this event in remarkable detail, an action that took place in the Hukawng Valley of Myanmar in the Early Cretaceous between 97-110 million years ago, almost certainly with dinosaurs wandering nearby.

This type of wasp, Poinar said, belongs to a group that is known today to parasitize spider and insect eggs. In that context, the attack by the spider, an orb-weaver, might be considered payback.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/10/121008134523.htm

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Would this constitute an

Would this constitute an "Amber allert"?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Would this

Brian37 wrote:

Major groaner, lolololol.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Jeffrick wrote:Brian37

Jeffrick wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

How do you think I keep optomitrists in business? You rolled your eyes so bad they damaged your vision. And don't feel bad, how do you think my co workers feel? Every time I tell a really horrible joke they either say to themselves "That's ten seconds of my life I will never get back" or "SOMEBODY PLEASE SHOOT HIM"

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Jeffrick

Brian37 wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

How do you think I keep optomitrists in business? You rolled your eyes so bad they damaged your vision. And don't feel bad, how do you think my co workers feel? Every time I tell a really horrible joke they either say to themselves "That's ten seconds of my life I will never get back" or "SOMEBODY PLEASE SHOOT HIM"

Anymore  that bad and I might come down there and help   them load the guns.   btw what is your address?

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Jeffrick wrote:Brian37

Jeffrick wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Anymore  that bad and I might come down there and help   them load the guns.   btw what is your address?

My adress is ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR, FIVE Spaceballs Luggage Lane, Cornball City Mental State, zipcode 666-Wisky Tango Foxtrot