Hej! (Hello in swedish) & a question about the whereabouts of todangst

pender
User is offlineOffline
Hej! (Hello in swedish) & a question about the whereabouts of todangst

Hej!

I'm happy to have found this forum & thought I'd say hello. I've had a passion for learning abot truth/science/reality/ideas/people for many years. 

I actually discovered the forum via a search for the creator of the brilliant candleinthedark.com webpage. 

As I understand it the author's nick around here is Todangst and I was curious to find out what has happended to the webpage/the content since the webpage is DOWN the domain is now for sale. I can't find contact information anywhere, could someone give me a lead?

Best regards, 

Selim 

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 I sent Todangst an email

I sent Todangst an email asking for him to check in.  It's been a while since we've seen him.  I miss him!

pender
User is offlineOffline
 Thank you very much

Thank you very much Brian! 

/ Selim

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!

Welcome!

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think with many people,

I think with many people, Tod simply moved on. I cant speak for all of the reasons why he may have left, but part of it may have been because of issues he had with me being a mod on another board efusing to get into a beef he had with the decisions of other mods. I requesed myself from the topic because I was too closely involved with him and he unfortunately took it personally.

It is why I refuse ever again to be a mod on any board. I hate having to play reff. I hated the outcome of that situation and the fact that he left. I liked him and he is a brillaint person. He even once tried to mediate an argument in voice over the phone between my mother and I. He rightfully pointed out to me at the time that it was her house and I had to live by her rules. Keep in mind that that was a long time ago so my perspective of all of this and his over time are different, and much fuzzier now.

I hope he can find it within himself to let the past go, and come back. I do wish him all the best in the world.

Tod, if you read this, don't let any personal beef you might have with me be a guilt by association thing. Others here want you back, including me who never wanted you to leave in any case. Whatever disagreements we might have had, should not stop you from having relationships with others here even if you never want to talk to me again.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 Brian, with all due

Brian, with all due respect I don't think you had anything to do with it.  My recollection is that he completed his Doctorate and chose to dedicate his life to his career afterwards.  

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Brian, with

Sapient wrote:

Brian, with all due respect I don't think you had anything to do with it.  My recollection is that he completed his Doctorate and chose to dedicate his life to his career afterwards.  

That certainly is a relief to know. It was a tense at the time at the time and both of us stood our ground. Regardless I still feel bad that conflict ended the way it did regarless. I simply want him back and for it to be water under the bridge. But that was the reason if you remember when you asked me if I wanted to be a mod here, that was the situation that caused me to say I would never become a mod on another board. I even after that still being a mod there really got uncomfortable stepping in even morso.

But thanks, I would hate to think one person, mod or not, would prevent such a brilliant mind from being here or on any board, especially not a blowhard like me. Yea but what you say makes much more sense. Give him my regards and best wishes.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
.. Your invitation is noted :)

Brian37 wrote:

I think with many people, Tod simply moved on. I cant speak for all of the reasons why he may have left, but part of it may have been because of issues he had with me being a mod on another board efusing to get into a beef he had with the decisions of other mods. I requesed myself from the topic because I was too closely involved with him and he unfortunately took it personally.

It is why I refuse ever again to be a mod on any board. I hate having to play reff. I hated the outcome of that situation and the fact that he left. I liked him and he is a brillaint person. He even once tried to mediate an argument in voice over the phone between my mother and I. He rightfully pointed out to me at the time that it was her house and I had to live by her rules. Keep in mind that that was a long time ago so my perspective of all of this and his over time are different, and much fuzzier now.

I hope he can find it within himself to let the past go, and come back. I do wish him all the best in the world.

Tod, if you read this, don't let any personal beef you might have with me be a guilt by association thing. Others here want you back, including me who never wanted you to leave in any case. Whatever disagreements we might have had, should not stop you from having relationships with others here even if you never want to talk to me again.

Brian misunderstands are very common place on the web between people. It's missing all those subtle cues given in non-verbal and verbal communication (ex. the inflection of your voice). I am sure if he ever reads this, your invitation is noted.