jimmy.williamson
Superfan
jimmy.williamson's picture
User is offlineOffline
Podcast with me and Brian Sapient

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/the-pink-atheist-/2012/09/30/the-pink-atheist

Thanks Brian..

Really enjoyed having you on the show.

Also thanks to Phil Ferguson, Blair Scott, Ed Cobbs, and of course Rachel Johnson

Throughout human history as our species has faced the frighten terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are and where we are going; it has been the authority (the political, the religious, and the educational authorities) who have attempted to comfort us. By giving us order, rules, and regulation. Informing or forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question these authorities. THINK FOR YOURSELF…

godlessvagina
atheist
godlessvagina's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks.

Thank you so much for coming on the show. You guys made it so much fun, and I wish I had felt better so I could have talked with you. Next time I hope to actually participate.

GV

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Thanks very much for having

Thanks very much for having me.  So glad you guys are speaking out and you let me share some air time.  Keep up the good work Jimmy and Rachel!

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Jimmy

Hi Jimmy. Good to see back on here again. Long time no see ( or should I say long time no type).

jimmy.williamson
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
 It has been awhile. I will

It has been awhile. I will share my time more than in the past..

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cool.

Cool.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Listened to it last night.

Listened to it last night. The whole episode was really quite good (aside from the usual Skype delays and mix-ups; might want to do a bit more of the "Back to you Jimmy/Rachel" type thing to help people coordinate that). The banter back and forth was fun, too. I lol'd a few times, I must admit. Smiling

Great interview there, Brian. I think with the whole Atheism+ shenanigans going on, people are going to be wary of anything that smells like that, but I think you took just the right approach of not being too "Rah! Rah!" about it, and being explicitly open to disagreement and different opinions. The voting thing I think is a really good idea, especially. Been reading a bunch on Wikipedia about different voting systems and different criteria for better/worse systems, such as the Condorcet criteria. Fascinating stuff. The whole two-party 'democracy' thing is such a joke considering that there are vastly superior voting systems that have been tried and true for a long time now.

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

jimmy.williamson
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
 Thanks for the listen. Not

Thanks for the listen. Not sure if you caught the other post but this Sunday we will have a few musicians on. Jeffrick sat in on an interview with Shelley Segal and that was great. I will post a link the day of so that those interested can join in. 

It is a live call in show by the way. I would love to have more RRS people on now that I have cracked opened the barrel..

Throughout human history as our species has faced the frighten terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are and where we are going; it has been the authority (the political, the religious, and the educational authorities) who have attempted to comfort us. By giving us order, rules, and regulation. Informing or forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question these authorities. THINK FOR YOURSELF…