Transgender 3rd grader to identify as female

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
Transgender 3rd grader to identify as female

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/09/25/report-transgender-3rd-grader-will-be-allowed-to-use-girls-bathroom/

 

I don't understand this transgender thing. If you have XY chromosomes, you are male, and if you have XX chromosomes, you are female.  Just because you don't agree with social norms of "male" and "female" doesn't mean that your chromosomes are changed. Is this kid even old enough to make those kind of decisions?

 

 

 

 


Manageri
atheist
Manageri's picture
Posts: 392
Joined: 2009-05-09
User is offlineOffline
You can't see what the big

You can't see what the big deal would be if we didn't allow you to wear women's clothes? Or if everyone called you sir all the time? Please.

If she feels like a woman then let her act like one. "Worst" case scenario is it's just a phase and she'll be back to acting male, who the fuck cares - oh that's right, bigoted fucknuts only, and I really don't give a shit what they have to say and neither should you.

If you're gonna declare she isn't old enough to decide, then you can't with consistency allow any 3rd grader to wear anything that isn't gender neutral since anyone could end up transgender.


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
Manageri wrote:You can't see

Manageri wrote:

You can't see what the big deal would be if we didn't allow you to wear women's clothes? Or if everyone called you sir all the time? Please.

 

 

 If somebody calls me "sir", I would tell them that I'm not Peppermint Pattie. I can wear women's clothes or men's clothes. Either way, I am still female.

 

Manageri wrote:

If she feels like a woman then let her act like one. "Worst" case scenario is it's just a phase and she'll be back to acting male, who the fuck cares - oh that's right, bigoted fucknuts only, and I really don't give a shit what they have to say and neither should you.

If you're gonna declare she isn't old enough to decide, then you can't with consistency allow any 3rd grader to wear anything that isn't gender neutral since anyone could end up transgender.

 

He can wear what he wants. But why the use of the female washroom, and the addressing as female? If he gets older and has a sex change, then I can see the need.

He can wear dresses, play with barbies, have tea parties, and other things normally associated with being done by females, but he is still a biological male.

 

 

 


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10688
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/09/25/report-transgender-3rd-grader-will-be-allowed-to-use-girls-bathroom/

 

I don't understand this transgender thing. If you have XY chromosomes, you are male, and if you have XX chromosomes, you are female.  Just because you don't agree with social norms of "male" and "female" doesn't mean that your chromosomes are changed. Is this kid even old enough to make those kind of decisions?

 

 

 

 

Transgendered people don't have XY or XX. They have XXY or XYX. Your argument is literally invalid on every possible level.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Cpt_pineapple

Vastet wrote:
Cpt_pineapple wrote:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/09/25/report-transgender-3rd-grader-will-be-allowed-to-use-girls-bathroom/

 

I don't understand this transgender thing. If you have XY chromosomes, you are male, and if you have XX chromosomes, you are female.  Just because you don't agree with social norms of "male" and "female" doesn't mean that your chromosomes are changed. Is this kid even old enough to make those kind of decisions?

 

 

 

 

Transgendered people don't have XY or XX. They have XXY or XYX. Your argument is literally invalid on every possible level.

 

Not neccesiarly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender

 

The precise definition for transgender remains in flux, but includes:

  • "Of, relating to, or designating a person whose identity does not conform unambiguously to conventional notions of male or female gender roles, but combines or moves between these."[2]
  • "People who were assigned a sex, usually at birth and based on their genitals, but who feel that this is a false or incomplete description of themselves."[3]
  • "Non-identification with, or non-presentation as, the sex (and assumed gender) one was assigned at birth."[4]

 

 

You're thinking of this

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klinefelter%27s_syndrome

 

 

 

 


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10688
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
"Not neccesiarly" In any

"Not neccesiarly"

In any and all cases involving children, you can be damned sure it IS necessarily.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4626
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is onlineOnline
 I could see how parents of

 I could see how parents of the other girls could be upset about this, it is probably only a matter of time before there is some sort of incident due to one of these decisions. Puberty hits whether you are transgendered or not. I see no reason she can't use the boys bathroom.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Manageri
atheist
Manageri's picture
Posts: 392
Joined: 2009-05-09
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: I

Beyond Saving wrote:

 I could see how parents of the other girls could be upset about this, it is probably only a matter of time before there is some sort of incident due to one of these decisions. Puberty hits whether you are transgendered or not. I see no reason she can't use the boys bathroom.

Do we need separate bathrooms for homosexuals too then?


Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2007-01-18
User is offlineOffline
Gender isn't sex. One is

Gender isn't sex. One is biological and the other is cultural and social. The OP seems to be conflating those and confusing them with sexual orientation at the same time. Nice hat trick.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3684
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Manageri wrote:Do we need

Manageri wrote:

Do we need separate bathrooms for homosexuals too then?

 

 It's already been done.  Such bathrooms exist within every gay bar or social establishment that caters primarily ( if not exclusively ) to homosexuals.

"Most people are ass holes." Jesus of Nazareth


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:"Not

Vastet wrote:
"Not neccesiarly" In any and all cases involving children, you can be damned sure it IS necessarily.

 

Thank you Dr.Vaset

 

Gauche wrote:

Gender isn't sex. One is biological and the other is cultural and social. The OP seems to be conflating those and confusing them with sexual orientation at the same time. Nice hat trick.

 

I never said anything about his sexual orientation.

 

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Manageri wrote:

Do we need separate bathrooms for homosexuals too then?

 

 It's already been done.  Such bathrooms exist within every gay bar or social establishment that caters primarily ( if not exclusively ) to homosexuals.

 

And you know this how?


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3684
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

 

 

 

And you know this how?

 

   Because gay men and women have to piss, too ?

 

( If you're trying to embarrass me I don't give a shit.  I've been in gay bars.  I used to go out with a female bisexual, we went to a gay club, she wouldn't dance with me because her dyke friends were there, so I danced with the gay guy that went with us.  I'm so ashamed. )

"Most people are ass holes." Jesus of Nazareth


Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2007-01-18
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:I never

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

I never said anything about his sexual orientation.

My dog doesn't say he licks his balls and eats his own shit but his breath smells like shit and ball sweat.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10688
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
"Thank you Dr.

"Thank you Dr. Vastet"

You're welcome Dr. Pineapple.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.