Conservatives will never have smart people on their side

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Conservatives will never have smart people on their side

According to Rick Santurom

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/rick-santorum-says-smart-people-will-never-be-on

Quote:

WASHINGTON, DC — Former presidential candidate Rick Santorum attacked the media and "smart people" for not being on the side of conservatives in a speech to the Values Voter Summit on Saturday.

"We will never have the media on our side, ever, in this country," Santorum, a former Pennsylvania senator, told the audience at the Omni Shoreham hotel. "We will never have the elite, smart people on our side."

The media "doesn't like the other side," Santorum said. "And not necessarily, I would argue, because they agree with them, but because they can influence the country.

"If just a few people make decisions about what this world looks like, what this country looks like, then you have people sitting in offices at major media outlets and Hollywood who think they can deal with a small group of people, to get them to jump through the hoops they want you to," Santorum said.

Santorum also criticized the libertarian wing of the Republican party for not supporting what he sees as the pillars of conservatism: religion and family.

"When it comes to conservatism libertarian types can say, oh, well you know, we don't want to talk about social issues," Santorum said. "Without the church and the family, there is no conservative movement, there is no basic values of America."

Jabberwocky
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Well, when the right in

Well, when the right in America has basically become the "intellectual ignorance party", then yes, the smart people will never be on your side. 

Theists - If your god is omnipotent, remember the following: He (or she) has the cure for cancer, but won't tell us what it is.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
gord-damn smart people! 

gord-damn smart people!  they's tryin' ta tell us we cain't hunt ner feesh ner say our prayers in skoo!  whooz they thank they ee-yuz, ga derp derp???

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I still have a hope of sorts

I still have a hope of sorts that smart people will join the R's, so the US at least doesn't cause the globe war anxiety every 4 years.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.