Women. God’s afterthought and man’s curse to rule.

Greatest I am
Greatest I am's picture
User is offlineOffline

I think it quite ironic that God, who tells us to reproduce as his first commandment to man in Genesis 1, does not give us something to reproduce with till Genesis 2; 18. Further, only after a severe chastisement without correction, even to death, an immoral concept, after we ate of the tree of knowledge, are men given what is required for reproduction; the desire and mental capacity to do so.

God never tells Adam why he is being chastised. This is an expression of hate on God’s part because there is no evil in wanting to become as God as scriptures urge us to do. Note here that I take the Jewish view of our elevation in Eden and not the fall interpretation that Christianity mistakenly puts on it.

Chastisement without correction is just cruelty and thus unjust on God’s part. That is the message of Eden. God is unjust. If so, the inequality built into the bible, where men are cursed to rule over women, ----- is unjust.

Genesis 3;16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

As a man, I am not pleased that God has cursed my fellow man to have to suffer ruling over women. To rule over women is to be responsible to them and their demands. I think we should stop being slaves to women and give them full equality. Men owe it especially to men and to a lesser degree to women and between you and I, justice demands it ------, and so would all just people.

As a man, are you ready to shed your yoke of slavery to women and reject God’s command to rule over them?

Regards
DL

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
As my father-in-law used to

As my father-in-law used to say:

It's about time we got equal rights around here.  I'm tired of all this feminine supremacy.

But he was an Archie Bunker type of guy.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
  dp -

dp -

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Greatest I am wrote: As a

Greatest I am wrote:
As a man, are you ready to shed your yoke of slavery to women and reject God’s command to rule over them? Regards DL

I am not sure what you mean about a "yoke of slavery to women" .

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Sometimes being a slave is

Sometimes being a slave is fun. 

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Sometimes being a slave is

Sometimes being a slave is fun. 

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:
As a man, are you ready to shed your yoke of slavery to women and reject God’s command to rule over them? Regards DL

neither is he.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Greatest I am
Greatest I am's picture
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:As my father-in-law

cj wrote:

As my father-in-law used to say:

It's about time we got equal rights around here.  I'm tired of all this feminine supremacy.

But he was an Archie Bunker type of guy.

And not too bright or aware of the real world.

Regards

DL

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
  I've never attempted to

I've never attempted to dominate any girl friend, either as Christian or later as an atheist.   I despise personal conflict.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I like having men as

I like having men as slaves

Greatest I am
Greatest I am's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

In a master and slave relationship, who is more dependent on the other?

FMPOV, the master is more dependent on the slave than the slave dependent on the master. A master by himself will die. A slave by himself will live. If a master leaves his fields, they continue to produce if the slave is there to work. If the slave leaves the field, it produces nothing.

Who is more dependent on the other and thus the real slave?

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Greatest I am's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

DP

Greatest I am
Greatest I am's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote: 

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

I've never attempted to dominate any girl friend, either as Christian or later as an atheist.   I despise personal conflict.

Have you never tried to be the dominant decision maker in sexual matters?

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Greatest I am's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:I like

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Then you like being dependent on others and not be able to stand on your own feet.

Regards
DL

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Greatest I am

Greatest I am wrote:

harleysportster wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

In a master and slave relationship, who is more dependent on the other? FMPOV, the master is more dependent on the slave than the slave dependent on the master. A master by himself will die. A slave by himself will live. If a master leaves his fields, they continue to produce if the slave is there to work. If the slave leaves the field, it produces nothing. Who is more dependent on the other and thus the real slave? Regards DL

A rather simplistic way of looking at it and not supported by history. For example, the cotton industry in the US took about 10 years to recover after the Civil War and emancipation but by the late 1870's the US was producing more cotton than ever. The US cotton industry didn't stop growing until infestations of boll weevils demolished the crops in the 1890's followed by a series of recessions, the Great Depression and the last nail in the coffin the invention of polyester and other cotton alternatives (which I believe was the 40's could be wrong on that though going from memory). 

http://www2.census.gov/prod2/decennial/documents/17862820-1969ch01.pdf

http://www.history.com/topics/cotton

The newly freed slaves on the other hand faced significant problems even trying to feed themselves. Uneducated, unemployed and discriminated against blacks in the US were faced with a very difficult situation and many did not survive it. While the plantation owners were not as wealthy as they were before the war, given the choice of being a plantation owner immediately after emancipation or being a freedman, any sane person would choose the plantation owner and the odds of a white plantation owner surviving in relative comfort were much higher than any ex slave.  

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Greatest I am wrote: Have

Greatest I am wrote:

Have you never tried to be the dominant decision maker in sexual matters? Regards DL

In bed, sexual compatibility with a female is what's important to me.  Nothing else matters.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:I like

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

and what steps have you taken to make this dream a reality?

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Greatest I am wrote:  Have

Greatest I am wrote:

Have you never tried to be the dominant decision maker in sexual matters? Regards DL

someone is always the dominant decision maker.  otherwise the sex is boring as hell.  nothing worse than being in bed with a woman and both partners going back and forth, "what would you like me to do?"  "anything.  what would you like me to do?"  i been there.  no thanks.  no thanks.

--Hunter S. Thompson

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Greatest I am wrote:In a

Greatest I am wrote:
In a master and slave relationship, who is more dependent on the other? FMPOV, the master is more dependent on the slave than the slave dependent on the master. A master by himself will die. A slave by himself will live. If a master leaves his fields, they continue to produce if the slave is there to work. If the slave leaves the field, it produces nothing. Who is more dependent on the other and thus the real slave? Regards DL

I don't see a " slave/master" relationship going on with me and my girlfriend. I don't see a "slave/master" relationship going on with any of my previous relationships.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:I

harleysportster wrote:

I don't see a " slave/master" relationship going on with me and my girlfriend. I don't see a "slave/master" relationship going on with any of my previous relationships.

yeah, i don't go in for the kinky shit either.

but as long as it's consential, hey, slave it up.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Cpt_pineapple

iwbiek wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Created an account here

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:    Good

iwbiek wrote:

Good choice of "slave" icons iwbiek.

I always liked Mr. Slave.    .....and the way he says "Jesusss Chrissst" is hilarious.

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:harleysportster

iwbiek wrote:

harleysportster wrote:

Plus, I don't get all this stuff about masters and slaves in the fields analogy and what this has to do with men/women relations ? If the master leaves the field the slaves live and if the slave leaves the master dies ? What the fuck ? What does this have to do with sexual relations and feminine equality ?

Am I ready to shake off the "yoke of slavery" ? Hmm, this sounds like a title to a good book : Sex, Slavery, and Masters. Or something like that.

― Giordano Bruno

Greatest I am
Greatest I am's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

This is not about you. It is about society at large. Think demographically.

You are not alone.

Regards

DL

Greatest I am
Greatest I am's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving FMPOV, the

Beyond Saving

FMPOV, the ex-slave owners had to start paying for their labor and that is perhaps what prompted innovation and science.

Sure the ex-slaves had to restart and go throught hardships. That is the fault of the rest of society who did not recompense them for their years of slavery. There should have been affirmative action to help them but there was not.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Greatest I am's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:iwbiek

harleysportster wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

harleysportster wrote:

Plus, I don't get all this stuff about masters and slaves in the fields analogy and what this has to do with men/women relations ? If the master leaves the field the slaves live and if the slave leaves the master dies ? What the fuck ? What does this have to do with sexual relations and feminine equality ?

Am I ready to shake off the "yoke of slavery" ? Hmm, this sounds like a title to a good book : Sex, Slavery, and Masters. Or something like that.

The issue is slavery not sex.

Regards DL

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Greatest I am wrote:This is

Greatest I am wrote:

You are not alone.

Regards

DL

Ok so this is a social issue that we are talking about here. Ok. So now that we are on the same page, where in society, do you see the "yoke of slavery" to women ?

You said to think demographically. In what terms of demographics are you talking about ?

― Giordano Bruno

Greatest I am
Greatest I am's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

You are not alone.

Regards

DL

Ok so this is a social issue that we are talking about here. Ok. So now that we are on the same page, where in society, do you see the "yoke of slavery" to women ?

You said to think demographically. In what terms of demographics are you talking about ?

Just in terms of thinking of yourself as part of a demographic common.

I see our yoke in many places. From work to war.

Who dies in war? Mostly men. Who would be chosen to die in a master slave relationship? The slave or the master?

If men are not the slaves then why are they dying?

Regards
DL

GodsUseForAMosquito
GodsUseForAMosquito's picture
User is offlineOffline
 THis is false equivalence

THis is false equivalence - you are saying A dies more in war than B therefore A is owned by B.

This is nonsense.

Greatest I am
Greatest I am's picture
User is offlineOffline
GodsUseForAMosquito

GodsUseForAMosquito wrote:

THis is false equivalence - you are saying A dies more in war than B therefore A is owned by B.

This is nonsense.

How many slave owners do you know, theoretically speaking of course, do you know will choose to die before their slaves?

If you were a slave owner, who would you choose to die?

Would you die so that your slave can live?

Regards

DL

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Greatest I am

Greatest I am wrote:

This is nonsense.

How many slave owners do you know, theoretically speaking of course, do you know will choose to die before their slaves?

Regards

DL

Your logic is still messed up, you are assuming that there is and must be a slave-owner relationship as if slave-owner relationships are the only type of relationship in existence. Virtually every parent would die for their children, so are parents "slaves" to their kids? Once again, you are using language very loosely to make a point that doesn't make sense. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
oh for fuck's sake, this

oh for fuck's sake, this discussion is pointless.  surprise, surprise.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:iwbiek

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Created an account here

so how many slaves do you currently have?

--Hunter S. Thompson

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:so how many

iwbiek wrote:

Any volunteers?

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

Any volunteers?

i'm always up for anything with damn near anybody, as long as i get my turn too.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote: i'm always up

iwbiek wrote:

i'm always up for anything with damn near anybody, as long as i get my turn too.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

--Hunter S. Thompson

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
This topic is the result of

This topic is the result of limited thinking. Plenty of assertions are made without any thought to secondary reasoning. The war example is probably the most perfect example to work with. The assertion is that men die more than women because women are 'officially' slaves, but 'unofficially' slave owners, if I made sense of the convoluted discussion.
No regard is given to the reality that women are child bearers, and are unsuited to war when with child (a frequent occurrence, especially in times of stress, like warfare, when sex is at its most therapeutic capacity).
Nor is regard given to the reality that men are generally stronger than women, and war is generally won by strength.
Nor is regard given to the reality that a child is better off with one parent than none, so society is wise to not draft both parents of a child into war.

It isn't fair to either sex, but it is the best way of doing it regardless, for society at large.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Greatest I am
Greatest I am's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Greatest

Beyond Saving wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

This is nonsense.

Regards

DL

Your logic is still messed up, you are assuming that there is and must be a slave-owner relationship as if slave-owner relationships are the only type of relationship in existence. Virtually every parent would die for their children, so are parents "slaves" to their kids? Once again, you are using language very loosely to make a point that doesn't make sense. 

Do parents work for their children or children work for their parents?

Parents for children right?

They are thus willing slaves to their children and the logic follows on what we both agree is moral. Parents as the slaves will accept death before their children.

The exception is if you happen to believe that it was right for God to have his son die instead of the father stepping up to his duty.

Regards

DL

Greatest I am
Greatest I am's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:This topic is

Vastet wrote:
This topic is the result of limited thinking. Plenty of assertions are made without any thought to secondary reasoning. The war example is probably the most perfect example to work with. The assertion is that men die more than women because women are 'officially' slaves, but 'unofficially' slave owners, if I made sense of the convoluted discussion. No regard is given to the reality that women are child bearers, and are unsuited to war when with child (a frequent occurrence, especially in times of stress, like warfare, when sex is at its most therapeutic capacity). Nor is regard given to the reality that men are generally stronger than women, and war is generally won by strength. Nor is regard given to the reality that a child is better off with one parent than none, so society is wise to not draft both parents of a child into war. It isn't fair to either sex, but it is the best way of doing it regardless, for society at large.

I have a hard enough time getting primary thinking out of most let alone secondary thinking.

For that reason I KIS.

War is different as then individual status is given up for the benefit of the state.

Regards

DL

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Greatest I am wrote: Do

Greatest I am wrote:

They are thus willing slaves to their children and the logic follows on what we both agree is moral. Parents as the slaves will accept death before their children.

The exception is if you happen to believe that it was right for God to have his son die instead of the father stepping up to his duty.

Regards

DL

it's called being a parent, not being a slave.  not only are you grossly oversimplifying relational dynamics, you're convoluting the word "slave" beyond all meaning.  if simply having someone dependent upon you makes you a slave, then 90% of the human race are slaves and "slave" uses all usefulness as a word.  then there's no point in even talking about it.  surprise, surprise.

--Hunter S. Thompson

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Greatest I am wrote: I have

Greatest I am wrote:

I have a hard enough time getting primary thinking out of most let alone secondary thinking.

then you suck as a teacher.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Cpt_pineapple

iwbiek wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

I'm waiting

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

I'm waiting

that's nice.  where and why?

--Hunter S. Thompson

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Greatest I am wrote: Do

Greatest I am wrote:

Comparing the child/parent relationship to a slave/master relationship does nothing other than illustrate your incredible ignorance of the English language.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:that's nice. 

iwbiek wrote:

that's nice. 

Greatest I am
Greatest I am's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Greatest I am

iwbiek wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

then you suck as a teacher.

I agree. I do not suffer fools well enough and am a WIP.

As long as you and I agree on the moral parts of this issue, I don't care.

You are not a student at the moment.

Regards

DL

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Greatest I am wrote: I

Greatest I am wrote:

Regards

DL

I know that you answered this before, but what is a WIP again ?

― Giordano Bruno

Greatest I am
Greatest I am's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

Regards

DL

I know that you answered this before, but what is a WIP again ?

Work

In

Progress

WIP

Regards

DL

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
"War is different as then

"War is different as then individual status is given up for the benefit of the state."

Uh uh. The State provides protection to the individual. That is why it exists. Individuality isn't lost or thrown away in war. On the contrary, protecting your state is protecting yourself.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.