California thinks free speech is overrated.

GodsUseForAMosquito
GodsUseForAMosquito's picture
User is offlineOffline
California thinks free speech is overrated.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/california-passes-resolution-defining-criticism-of-israel-as-anti-semitism/

Last month, the California State Assembly passed a resolution urging state educational institutions to more aggressively crack down on criticism of the State of Israel on campuses, which the resolution defines as “anti-Semitism.” The anti-democratic resolution is the latest step in the broader campaign to stifle and suppress dissent on California’s increasingly volatile campuses.

So long First amendment.

My favourite quote comes to mind here:

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
66 assembly members who

66 assembly members who deserve to be thrown out of office. I really don't understand why my fellow Americans tolerate this kind of shit. The good news is that this law will be brought up before the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals when it works through the court system and will almost certainly be struck down but it would be nice to not have to rely on the courts to stop this kind of insanity.  

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, my college has a

Yeah, my college has a "stiffle freespeech to avoid offending people" program.

No wonder the educations system is broken.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Yeah, my

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Yeah, my college has a "stiffle freespeech to avoid offending people" program.

No wonder the educations system is broken.

At my university, it is called "we celebrate diversity" which means if you call it cultural, you can do it.

But then, the bumper sticker, "Keep Portland Weird" is a favorite and many of the college students seem to be doing their best to live up to it.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.