WHAT THE FUCK REDSKINS!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
WHAT THE FUCK REDSKINS!

While this should come as no surprise to me over the past two decades of arid playoff weather for the Skins. Maybe some more intense insider can tell me the skinny on two recent drops. Our running back  Hightower got dropped. WHAT THE FUCK?

Is he injury prone? I hadn't seen a running back like him in a long time on our team. And Cris Cooly our tight end.

Somebody please explain to me why the fuck you'd drop two awesome players? Does Danny(Skins owner) hate Mormons? Is he simply inviting RG3 to be the quarterback from Baylor to the team so he can stare at the sky every down?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 He was returning from knee

He was returning from knee surgery and doesn't move like he used to.

Don't be upset RG3 is top notch.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: He was

Sapient wrote:

So? Manning had a neck injury. If I was Manning's family I'd urge him to call it quits. And Farve had no business playing as long as he did with all the injuries he played through.

I agree RG3 IS top notch, but that doesn't mean shit if you water down the offense that is there to protect him. That would be like Theisman without the Hogs. That would be like McMann without his offensive line.

If RG ends up with the same spotty offense we have had for two decades, it wouldn't surprise me if he got traded in a year or two. It is called a team sport for a reason.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Sapient

Brian37 wrote:

Sapient wrote:

So? Manning had a neck injury. If I was Manning's family I'd urge him to call it quits. And Farve had no business playing as long as he did with all the injuries he played through.

I agree RG3 IS top notch, but that doesn't mean shit if you water down the offense that is there to protect him. That would be like Theisman without the Hogs. That would be like McMann without his offensive line.

If RG ends up with the same spotty offense we have had for two decades, it wouldn't surprise me if he got traded in a year or two. It is called a team sport for a reason.

A bit of a difference playing an injured QB compared to an injured RB though. The QB's have a lot more rules protecting them from the big hits, RB's don't get such considerations. Maybe the coaches saw something on the practice field that made them uncomfortable with Hightower's ability to recover? Or maybe they are just that confident in their rookies? I can't say, don't pay that close attention to the Skins. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 Exactly, there is a

Exactly, there is a difference between the positions.  Hightower is called upon to advance the ball with his legs, he's required to have explosiveness... he doesn't have that anymore.  Favre and Manning are not scrambling to get their yardage.  Their relying on experience and an arm.  And in both cases they admitted the arm wasn't what it used to be.  Peyton was just talking about his arm losing it's power as he gets older.  But even with a weaker arm they are capable of greatness as pocket passers in their 30's.  Running backs have a shorter shelf life.  

Your coach likes a running back by committee strategy, get used to seeing a few faces.

P.S....

Preseason highlights wrote:

•RB Alfred Morris, Redskins (14 carries, 107 yards, one TD)

Oh joy, yet another back in coach Mike Shanahan's rotation. With Roy Helu and Evan Royster sidelined with injuries and would-be starter Tim Hightower slowly working himself back from a knee injury, Morris capitalized on his opportunity. The sixth-round pick out of Florida Atlantic averaged 7.6 yards a carry, scored the game's first touchdown and broke off three runs of 17 yards or longer.

Morris could start in Week 1 — and when it comes to Shanahan's backfield rotation, possession is nine-tenths of the law.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Sapient wrote:

A bit of a difference playing an injured QB compared to an injured RB though. The QB's have a lot more rules protecting them from the big hits, RB's don't get such considerations. Maybe the coaches saw something on the practice field that made them uncomfortable with Hightower's ability to recover? Or maybe they are just that confident in their rookies? I can't say, don't pay that close attention to the Skins. 

No, I have seen time after time these so called "injury" excuses to cut players in the league, not just with my Skins, but all over, to dump someone, only to see that  player go to another team to do just as good if not better.

I will say this, if all this gutting is the key, then the only think I can think is that Danny might have finally pulled his head out of his ass and accepted that you cant buy a team and you have to build one.  But even as such, Hightower and Cooly seem to be cuts that cut your nose off to spite your face.

Neither Cooly or Hightower are lazy. This kinda reminds me of the Giants letting Shocky go. What the fuck? I understand more the Colts cutting ties with Payton.