Cliche words or phrases you want to bitch slap!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cliche words or phrases you want to bitch slap!

All of us have peeves, even outside this issue. But what are some of the mundane crap people repeat that makes you want to slap the shit out of them.

Some of mine are, but not limited to are as follows.

1. "My Bad", I often respond to "can you prove that is your bad?" "Did you purchase this bad at Wal Mart?" "Do you have a receipt for this bad?"

2. "The weather man is always wrong". HEY DIP SHIT they say "scattered thunderstorms" for a reason. Some idiots act like weathermen can calculate the exact number of snow flakes.

3. Any filler word in a conversation that people repeat "Like" "You know", "um".

4.  "Act now and we will double your order for free"

5.. "Side affects may include" HOLLY SHIT this is nothing but the drug industry making laws so they can legally use us as lab mice. How about putting out a product that wont kill you, is that too much to ask?

What are others that people say that just make you

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
i'm so sick to death of

i'm so sick to death of hearing about the fuckin' flying spaghetti monster.  please choose another analogy already. 

i think south park did a great job making fun of that tired chestnut in "go, god, go" when "mrs." garrison is on a date with dawkins.

lolcats aren't funny anymore either.  they barely were to begin with.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Any of the following:1 - The

Any of the following:

1 - The word "via" in any sentence other than in reference to the company  VIA Technologies - see any Jean Chauvin post.

2- "Many people say"  or it's variant "Some people say"- So quote some of them with actual names.

3 - "With all due respect" - what follows is usually not very respectful.

4 - "I hear what you are saying" - but next comes a lot of verbiage to indicate that not one word was understood.

5 - "Awesome" - isn't there some other word you can use. Such as thanks, great, even OK.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
my corporate background is showing

Pick the low hanging fruit

Hit one out of the park

Not enough bandwidth (talking about a project that is totally not IT / networking related)

It's a challenge, not a problem (Excuse ME, no one can fucking access the internet!  It is a problem that needs to be fixed right NOW!)

Drill down (What, are we an oil company ----- no?)

Blue sky thinking / think out of the box

touch base off line (uh, yeah, sure, be right with you)

usercentric

strategize

facilitate

scalable

Ahkkkkkk!! There's too many! http://www.businessbuzzwordbingo.com/

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
bitch slap   

bitch slap

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
pwned

But maybe I'm just an old fuddy-duddy.

Also, 'going forward' when meaning 'in the future'.

I don't see any problem with 'via' personally, maybe it's an English thing.

Scalable and drill down make sense to me in certain contexts too.

Strongly agree about 'touch base'.

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
snicker

iwbiek wrote:

i'm so sick to death of hearing about the fuckin' flying spaghetti monster.  please choose another analogy already. 

i think south park did a great job making fun of that tired chestnut in "go, god, go" when "mrs." garrison is on a date with dawkins.

lolcats aren't funny anymore either.  they barely were to begin with.

Haz been touched by FSM  - snicker

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
MR money "dressage" bags

"Mitt Romney - Believe in America"

Near my house are a bunch of this, big ass posters.

I want to get a can of paint and spray

"Romneyhood"  or   "That's why I send all my money offshore" or "Repubs, you know you don't even like him" or "Mitt Romney - the best? money can buy"

But then it is just a fantasy, where it belongs.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:bitch

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

bitch slap

2 and shay

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I just thought of another

I just thought of another one. I really fucking hate this one the most.

"Man up"

I fucking hate that jock mentality. There is nothing wrong with showing emotions and being a decent human doesn't depend on what is between your legs. I hate men especially who think being a "man" is a script and everyone has to be "tough" and never show emotions. FUCK OFF!

Manageri
atheist
Manageri's picture
User is offlineOffline
"The n-word"If someone said

"The n-word"

If someone said it then just fucking repeat what they said, everyone's gonna know exactly what you mean anyway and have the word in their head so what the fuck is the point of this pretentious bullshit? It's entirely different to merely reference the word nigger than it is to call someone a nigger.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Manageri wrote:"The

Manageri wrote:

"The n-word"

If someone said it then just fucking repeat what they said, everyone's gonna know exactly what you mean anyway and have the word in their head so what the fuck is the point of this pretentious bullshit? It's entirely different to merely reference the word nigger than it is to call someone a nigger.

It depends. In the context of someone using it as a bigoted slur, it is a no brainer that that person is an asshole.

But a couple years ago some stupid bitch complained about the Huckleberry Finn Museum and it's use of "nigger". HOLY FUCKING SHIT! That would be like a Jew complaining about the Holocaust Museum in DC because it shows pictures of Nazis and dead Jews.

I also don't care when it is used in comedy and rap music when the people using it are ok with it.

Any so called "pejorative" has to be in context. But I really hate PC people who place so much magic on a word and think it should never be used, even when the people using it are not doing so out of hate.

Even with Jews who don't want you saying Yahweh or typing it out as if their nads or vaginas will fall off. GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK!

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
x wrote: I don't see any

x wrote:

I don't see any problem with 'via' personally, maybe it's an English thing.

It's the over use by resident troll theistard Jean Chauvin.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

Manageri
atheist
Manageri's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:"Man up"I

Brian37 wrote:

"Man up"

I fucking hate that jock mentality. There is nothing wrong with showing emotions and being a decent human doesn't depend on what is between your legs. I hate men especially who think being a "man" is a script and everyone has to be "tough" and never show emotions. FUCK OFF!

I hate this shit too. I hate humanity as a whole but if I had to be reborn I'd much rather be a woman just so there'd be less of a chance I'd be an asshole like the typical male.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is it

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Any word used to replace

Any word used to replace profanity like "fricken" or "biatch"

White people attempting to talk like black gangster rappers- no you are not cool you are just a douche. 

The word "outdoorsy"

"You know" - no, I do not know and if I did know why are you wasting my time talking about it.

"I have some bad news" - Don't prepare me because unless someone I really care about is dead, whatever my mind comes up with is far worse than whatever news you are about to deliver.

"How are you today?"- You don't really care how I am, so don't ask, and if you are working for customer service you should already know I am in a bad mood. 

"Sorry"- This word is so overused that it has virtually no meaning, it is used so often as simply social lubricant that it makes it really hard to convince people when you are really trying to apologize and are really regretful. 

"Are you sure?" - Well I just said so and nothing has occurred in the last second to change my mind.  

"Do you know why I pulled you over?" - Of course I know, but I'm not dumb enough to admit it.  

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:"Do you

Beyond Saving wrote:

"Do you know why I pulled you over?" - Of course I know, but I'm not dumb enough to admit it.  

That is such a contrived, conniving question.  My answer would be "Because it's your job."

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
That reminds me

Brian37 wrote:
Even with Jews who don't want you saying Yahweh or typing it out as if their nads or vaginas will fall off. GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK!

'Grow some balls' fits in with 'man up'.

'Woman up' or 'Grow a vagina' would be novel, for a while.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:White people

Quote:
White people attempting to talk like black gangster rappers- no you are not cool you are just a douche.

So if a black guy talked like Al Capone that would make him cool? But when Eric Clapton sings about Cocaine and shooting law enforcement, that is "white cool". Or when Johny Cash sings about murder, that is "country cool".?

How about you simply not liking individuals, or a particular motif?. I've been just as judged for liking Metallica by the Riech wing for songs like "Blackened" which is about how we as a species are destroying the planet, and "One" which is about the horrors of war.

But I guess it is only "gangster cool" when blacks act black and whites act white?

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:How about you

Brian37 wrote:

How about you simply not liking individuals, or a particular motif?. I've been just as judged for liking Metallica by the Riech wing for songs like "Blackened" which is about how we as a species are destroying the planet, and "One" which is about the horrors of war.

Says the person who started a thread with the sole purpose of not liking particular words/phrases? I have no problems with the individuals, I just don't particularly care for the way they attempt to communicate. 

Kind of like when you said 

Brian37 wrote:

"Man up"

I fucking hate that jock mentality. 

Well, I hate the wannabe gangster mentality. I assume you didn't mean that you hate all jocks...

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Says the person who started a thread with the sole purpose of not liking particular words/phrases? I have no problems with the individuals, I just don't particularly care for the way they attempt to communicate. 

Kind of like when you said 

Brian37 wrote:

"Man up"

I fucking hate that jock mentality. 

Well, I hate the wannabe gangster mentality. I assume you didn't mean that you hate all jocks...

I do hate all jocks and I hate capitalists even more. I think the world should be ruled by uber feminists burka wearing communists.

I see a leak of compassion on your part in pointing out shades of grey. I won't hold that against you.

Jabberwocky
atheist
User is offlineOffline
The word evolutionist.

The word evolutionist. Clearly a bit of trickery to make it sound like it's a denomination of atheism (as if it were a religion....). There are those who understand evolution, and there are those who reject it due to their ignorance. There are evolutionary biologists, but that's it. The only people I might attribute the term to would be people who are too stupid to understand it, but say that they "believe" it to rebel against their parents. 

Also I wouldn't mind if the term atheist did go away, but I wouldn't want it to go away until it is actually unnecessary. Perhaps if the religious ever become a significant minority, we can call them "delusionists". That would be the day. 

Theists - If your god is omnipotent, remember the following: He (or she) has the cure for cancer, but won't tell us what it is.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
one general cliche that has

one general cliche that has bothered me for a long time: halle berry is incredibly hot.

i'm sorry, i just don't see it.  i mean, she's not ugly, but i wouldn't look twice at her on the street if she weren't a celebrity.  she's a bit androgynous for my tastes.

i really don't think i'm the only one who feels this way, but i think it's become such a cultural truism that some guys are almost embarrassed to disagree.  i remember in 1999, before i'd even heard of her, a buddy of mine showed her picture to me in a magazine and said, "you know who that is?  that's halle berry.  she's beautiful, isn't she?"  he said this with the same intonation as if he were asking me if his grandmother were a good lady.  taken aback, i was like, "er, eh, yeah man, she's hot," and he responds, very emphatically, "goddamn right she's hot!"  it was surreal.   

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
  Really, you consider

Really, you consider Halle Berry to be an androgynous ?   I looked up some images of her in bikinis, etc and I think she looks very feminine.    Now, to me K. D. Lang is an androgyne.

...or long distance swimmer Diane Nyad 

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Manageri wrote:Brian37

Manageri wrote:

...... I'd much rather be a woman just so there'd be less of a chance I'd be an asshole like the typical male.

You really underestimate the typical female, especially the younger ones  ....and being "macho" isn't a requirement for being an asshole.

hbmbc30
hbmbc30's picture
User is offlineOffline
i know

Brian37 wrote:

All of us have peeves, even outside this issue. But what are some of the mundane crap people repeat that makes you want to slap the shit out of them.

Some of mine are, but not limited to are as follows.

1. "My Bad", I often respond to "can you prove that is your bad?" "Did you purchase this bad at Wal Mart?" "Do you have a receipt for this bad?"

2. "The weather man is always wrong". HEY DIP SHIT they say "scattered thunderstorms" for a reason. Some idiots act like weathermen can calculate the exact number of snow flakes.

3. Any filler word in a conversation that people repeat "Like" "You know", "um".

4.  "Act now and we will double your order for free"

5.. "Side affects may include" HOLLY SHIT this is nothing but the drug industry making laws so they can legally use us as lab mice. How about putting out a product that wont kill you, is that too much to ask?

What are others that people say that just make you

"my bad' sounds like a 5 year old is speaking doesnt it? but thats the way it seems to me...

Chris

Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
User is offlineOffline
Things become cliches

Things become cliches because there's general agreement about them to the point they become overly familiar. I wouldn't describe the idea of Halle Berry being attractive as cliche but if it is then that's pretty good for her.

I don't think it's necessarily lack of creativity. People find ways to express some ideas that are very accurate and concise. It's understandable we return to them because - and to use a cliche - why reinvent the wheel? It's not always a bad thing.

I recently saw a deconstructive horror parody by Joss Whedon called The Cabin in the Wood that had almost every horror film trope imaginable in it and it was very entertaining.

The only cliche I hate in horror movies is the comparison of rational and irrational approaches to problem solving and the ultimate conclusion that attempts to resolve the issue based on rationality will fail. But it's built into the genre because the stories are dealing with supernatural forces, psychotic people or things generally outside the bounds of reason so it becomes cliche.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote: 

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Really, you consider Halle Berry to be an androgynous ?   I looked up some images of her in bikinis, etc and I think she looks very feminine.    Now, to me K. D. Lang is an androgyne.

...or long distance swimmer Diane Nyad 

i said "a bit androgynous," not bull dyke-ish.

i find her facial features kinda masculine, coupled with her ubiquitous pixie cut.  don't get me wrong, the waifish look can be hot--i'm thinking specifically of the young mia farrow--but halle just doesn't do it for me.  my point is, though, many guys i know get almost indignant when i say this, and i can't figure out why.  we can disagree on, say, megan fox or jennifer love hewitt, but it's like halle berry's hotness is a sacred taboo.

--Hunter S. Thompson

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
That conspiracy theorist

That conspiracy theory asshole that I work with that thinks I am ignorant because I don't believe Aurora Colorado was an inside job or 9/11 was a government thing, has a bad habit of ending every sentence with  "Do you follow me ?" and then : "Are you finally starting to understand where I am coming from ?"

Something about that really pisses me off. He puts it at the end of every sentence : "Do you follow me ?"

That is right up there with people that end every sentence with : "Know what I am saying ?" or "Feel me now ?"

I don't know why that irritates me, but it is almost like the person is coercing you into trying to confirm their shit.

There is another asshole that I know that has to end every sentence with this tough sounding " That's just the way I roll." I feel like punching him right in the face and saying "Roll with that." when I hear it.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Gauche wrote:The only cliche

Gauche wrote:

The only cliche I hate in horror movies is the comparison of rational and irrational approaches to problem solving and the ultimate conclusion that attempts to resolve the issue based on rationality will fail. But it's built into the genre because the stories are dealing with supernatural forces, psychotic people or things generally outside the bounds of reason so it becomes cliche.

That's pretty much built into horror and it irritates me as well. I can't tell you how many horror movies I have seen where the "bitter atheist" is assailed by supernatural forces or the spirit of a dead relative.

I will say this, I got to see a Korean horror film not too long ago, where they lead you along thinking that it is a spirit doing the whole thing and it turns out to be a killer seeking revenge on these dudes for gang raping a girl. The killer is spiking people's drinks with hallucinogens and setting them up. It had a real good twist and surprises you who the killer is at the very end of it.

The reviewers on Netflix were sorely disappointed that a detective finally figured out it was not a ghost, but someone who had knowledge of drugs and hacking into computers. Horror fans of the supernatural (even though I happen to be one) seem to want the supernatural to be the cause in horror films.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote: The

harleysportster wrote:

The reviewers on Netflix were sorely disappointed that a detective finally figured out it was not a ghost, but someone who had knowledge of drugs and hacking into computers. Horror fans of the supernatural (even though I happen to be one) seem to want the supernatural to be the cause in horror films.

actually, i can see myself hating that too, unless it was done really well.  as a rule, i hate twist endings.  most of them are not clever, just pretentious.  i only ever said i liked "the usual suspects" because the chick i wanted to bang thought it was the cleverest movie ever.  as it ended (and it didn't surprise me at all) she just kept raving, "this is great, huh?  bet you didn't see that coming!"  and i was going, "yeah, wow," through clenched teeth, all the while thinking, "this is the biggest piece of pseudo-rod serling garbage i've ever seen.  this insults my intelligence by expecting me to be blown away."  it was worth it though.  mission accomplished.

but that's nothing compared to m. night shyamalan.  i fucking hate that douche.  he's not clever, he's not edgy, he's not dark and/or hip.  he's the biggest fucking hack since joel schumacher.  when you build your reputation solely on having twist endings, guess what?  you're a fucking glorified scooby doo writer.  just like in scooby doo, where you always know the crook is some jack-off you see for about 10 seconds near the beginning of the episode, with shyamalan you just think of what some college stoner would think is a deep or mind-blowing way to end the movie, and chances are, you have your twist.  twenty-five minutes into "the village," one of the biggest pieces of shit i've ever seen, i leaned over to my buddy and said, "they're in the present.  they're deep in some secluded place in the present."  i still held out a faint hope he was handing me a straight monster movie.  i was gravely disappointed. 

--Hunter S. Thompson

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:harleysportster

iwbiek wrote:

harleysportster wrote:

actually, i can see myself hating that too, unless it was done really well.  as a rule, i hate twist endings.  most of them are not clever, just pretentious.  i only ever said i liked "the usual suspects" because the chick i wanted to bang thought it was the cleverest movie ever.  as it ended (and it didn't surprise me at all) she just kept raving, "this is great, huh?  bet you didn't see that coming!"  and i was going, "yeah, wow," through clenched teeth, all the while thinking, "this is the biggest piece of pseudo-rod serling garbage i've ever seen.  this insults my intelligence by expecting me to be blown away."  it was worth it though.  mission accomplished.

but that's nothing compared to m. night shyamalan.  i fucking hate that douche.  he's not clever, he's not edgy, he's not dark and/or hip.  he's the biggest fucking hack since joel schumacher.  when you build your reputation solely on having twist endings, guess what?  you're a fucking glorified scooby doo writer.  just like in scooby doo, where you always know the crook is some jack-off you see for about 10 seconds near the beginning of the episode, with shyamalan you just think of what some college stoner would think is a deep or mind-blowing way to end the movie, and chances are, you have your twist.  twenty-five minutes into "the village," one of the biggest pieces of shit i've ever seen, i leaned over to my buddy and said, "they're in the present.  they're deep in some secluded place in the present."  i still held out a faint hope he was handing me a straight monster movie.  i was gravely disappointed. 

I totally agree. This film was pretty clever and not your usual horror film at all. I must say that International cinema seems to have us americans beat to shit in the horror genre.

M. Night Shymalan's films bore me to death. I never have understood the hoopla surrounding him. I was literally bored to tears all the way through Signs and the Village sucked so bad that when the "huge twist ending" took place, I was left with a feeling of : "That's it ?" I literally felt like getting drunk afterwards because it was so bad. I haven't even watched any of his latest stuff, because everything that I have seen by him thus far is just plain stupid IMO. I have had far too many people tell me : "Oh man, you just got to check this one out by him, it is AWESOME and you'll never guess the ending." Only to plod all the way through some horrific acting and get another huge let down at the end.

I had the same reaction with guessing on the Village (only because of prior experience with his stuff). I didn't guess about the modern day setting. But I do remember saying to myself "Now I hope that we don't go through this whole thing only to find out there is no monster." Of course, when it is revealed the monster is Adrian Brody in dress up, I just sighed heavily and almost stopped watching it.

Another thing that irritates me about supernatural horror films are the ones that start with " INSPIRED BY TRUE EVENTS". What people fail to realize is that you can take a bump in the night that you could not explain, make a very far out, wildly insane film about it and say that it was inspired by true events. A quick internet search usually dispels the "true" events.

― Giordano Bruno

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:That

harleysportster wrote:

That conspiracy theory asshole that I work with that thinks I am ignorant because I don't believe Aurora Colorado was an inside job or 9/11 was a government thing, has a bad habit of ending every sentence with  "Do you follow me ?" and then : "Are you finally starting to understand where I am coming from ?"

Something about that really pisses me off. He puts it at the end of every sentence : "Do you follow me ?"

That is right up there with people that end every sentence with : "Know what I am saying ?" or "Feel me now ?"

I don't know why that irritates me, but it is almost like the person is coercing you into trying to confirm their shit.

There is another asshole that I know that has to end every sentence with this tough sounding " That's just the way I roll." I feel like punching him right in the face and saying "Roll with that." when I hear it.

Thanks for the laugh. Those certainly would irritate the shit out of me. I have a tendency to find a subtle way to mock these kind of people. Repeating their phases at illogical times. But that's me and how I roll.

My wife and I mock each others catch phrases in good humor. It is certainly fun and entertaining with the right person and amusing when the other person is clueless.

Religion Kills !!!

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
M night

Iwbiek and Harley,

You guys didn't like 6th sense by m night?

I didn't know the ending beforehand and really liked it. I think he lost his muse after that and haven't enjoyed anything since.

Religion Kills !!!

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote:Iwbiek and

ex-minister wrote:
Iwbiek and Harley,

You guys didn't like 6th sense by m night?

I didn't know the ending beforehand and really liked it. I think he lost his muse after that and haven't enjoyed anything since.

actually, i haven't seen the sixth sense.  i've seen signs (which had one of the most asinine, hamfisted theistic messages ever), unbreakable, and the village.  i might have watched the sixth sense, but before i ever got the chance to i was bombarded with the line "i see dead people" day in and day out for pretty much all of the second half of 1999 and most of 2000.  that pissed me off so i refused to watch it.

i think "the sixth sense" ruined him.  it may have been a justly praised film, but after that it's like he was a one-trick pony, always hoping for the same enthusiastic applause.  he couldn't make a film without a twist ending anymore.  well, ok, i guess signs didn't really have a twist ending, just a retarded one.

--Hunter S. Thompson

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote:Thanks for

ex-minister wrote:

Thanks for the laugh. Those certainly would irritate the shit out of me. I have a tendency to find a subtle way to mock these kind of people. Repeating their phases at illogical times. But that's me and how I roll.

My wife and I mock each others catch phrases in good humor. It is certainly fun and entertaining with the right person and amusing when the other person is clueless.

LOL.

I used to work with this real redneck dude that when he got irritated, at the end of his sentence he would say real loudly : THAT'S ALL ! THAT'S IT !

One time I remember he was complaining about overtime and he said : "I am not fucking working late nor this weekend."

I responded : " That's all right ?."

Without realizing what I was making fun of him, he shouted : "RIGHT ! THAT'S ALL ! THAT'S IT ! "

― Giordano Bruno

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:I will

harleysportster wrote:

I will say this, I got to see a Korean horror film not too long ago, where they lead you along thinking that it is a spirit doing the whole thing and it turns out to be a killer seeking revenge on these dudes for gang raping a girl. The killer is spiking people's drinks with hallucinogens and setting them up. It had a real good twist and surprises you who the killer is at the very end of it.

Name of the movie, please?  I subscibe to Netflix, too and would like to see it.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:harleysportster

cj wrote:

harleysportster wrote:

Name of the movie, please?  I subscibe to Netflix, too and would like to see it.

I'll have to look it up in my account and get back.

― Giordano Bruno