Origin of Language = Epic Evolution/Atheist FAIL!

TWD39
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Origin of Language = Epic Evolution/Atheist FAIL!

Here is something I find quite puzzling.  If God did not create us, and we evolve from other creatures,  how did our languages come into existance?   The world is full of many rich cultures complete with an unique linguistic form of language following an agreed set of rules.  So who created the rules, the sounds, and how did this person or evolutionary ancestor get others to understand and agree with the rules?   THis is obviously a huge leap from the primitive grunts and noises that other animal species make.  Yes, primates can communicate on a basic level.  But they can't verbalize into words, or express complete sentences conveying abstract ideas. 

How would you convey to a fellow creature a metaphorical or philosophical question when there is no foundation for language?  You can point to objects and make a noise, but that only gets you so far in language.  The same problem exists for creating a written language.

Even if evolutionary linguists can come up with a plausible explanation, there remains one big problem.   Why don't we all speak the same language? 

Another issue is you don't see any transitional forms with anything resembling our complex voice box anatomy.  Why did we evolve to have this feature?  What was the enviromental factors that separated our genetic line from other animals and created the need for a voice box?  I would be more convinced if someone found a fossil that contained at least a primitive form of a voice box.

Sure, there are a number of theories, but they are pretty weak sauce with zero supporting evidence. 

OTOH, the Bible perfectly explains how language and culture came into being.  Man began with an universal language after the Flood with Noah.  Then after the man started building the tower of Babel, God confused the languages which scattered people all over the earth.  This also explains why we find global myth stories with many details striking similiar to the Bible's account.  They infused their own language and culture into the original story.

Yep, I'll take the truth of the Bible over fallible man's theories anytime.

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

TWD39 wrote:

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

TWD39 wrote:
So I provide research and answers, and then what?  Oh let's see, you call me stupid.  Insult my faith.  Offer no counter-argument with supporting cites or evidence.  Or you simply bury me with more questions and completely ignore my points.  Atheists don't get a free pass either.  At some point, you have to BACK UP your bold statements.

You can put your faith where the sun don't shine. You put it up front for scrutiny. You get what you asked for. For the record you have provided nothing which would be considered "research" outside of high school. You bible carries no weight whatsoever in this discussion regardless of your faith in the parts of it you like. You recite it complete with its magical tales and yet you do not like it being called myth when the magic makes it myth by inspection.

Atheists are not asking for a pass. But the opening assumption is always that there is only physical evidence. You make claims beyond the physical evidence. You claim there is a god yet you have not even established only one and which one and established an authoritative source for your knowledge about it. Do not bother trying unless you have something entirely new and never tried as all previous attempts have been abysmal failures despite the opinion of believers.

Yes, this is from someone who says I offer no evidence when he/she offers no evidence that the Bible is myth and magic tales.  Thousands of changed lives through faith in Jesus Christ suggest otherwise.

A ten foot tall balloon becomes flat as a pancake when you take out all the hot air. 

Your bible stories were written by unknown people at unknown times for unknown reasons. That means they are without provenance. Bible stories are not evidence unless all stories are evidence.

Stories about things are only of interest after the things they talk about are established as fact.

Millions of lives have been changed by Scientology, the Book of Mormon, and the Koran. Are you claiming they are all true? What makes stories that appeared out of no where in the 2nd c. BC different?

As to being myths, the magic in them is a real big hint to adults. Whether you like it or not your fairytales are not acceptable here. If you want to recite them as evidence you will have to find a forum where they are accepted. That place is not here. You do not set the rules here. No amount of whining about it on your part will change that.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

TWD39 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

TWD39 wrote:

I presented a laundry list of biblical archaelogical finds referenced on wikipedia.  Instead of proving to me while all these finds do not support the Bible, the response was to attack wikipedia as a reliable source of ANY information. 

I remember specifically responding to that post. I asked you exactly which find on the laundry list provided evidence that the bible is 100% true. At best it proves that some of the same cities existed and some of the same people existed. Which is hardly enough to prove the extraordinary claims of the bible. I pointed out that many myths are based on real people, real places and real events. If you could prove that Jesus Christ existed and was crucified, that does not prove he rose from the dead or was the son of god. But as usual, when confronted with a real argument you ran away and changed the subject. 

And that's the classic reply from atheists.  My response was that if you applied that same level of scrutiny to any ancient historical event, it becomes potential fiction.   Yet, you don't question the history of other cultures like the Egyptians, do you?

That response IS nonsense as in fact the same level of scrutiny IS applied to ALL ancient writings, period, no exceptions. Why do you premise your response on a lie? As for Egypt ALL of its history was reconstructed from archaeological finds. ALL of the bible stories about Egypt are rejected because they are 100% wrong about ancient Egypt. Why do you lie?

Quote:
The Bible holds a central truth that exists throughout the Bible.  I find it harder to believe the the work is a product of a select group of fiction writers who conspired throughout time to deceive people with a book of tales.  Why display the great heroes and Israelities in such a miserable negative light if that was the case?

As there is no evidence of their creation over any significant period of time you are deliberately making a nonsense statement for the sole purpose of making your belief sound plausible. But it does not go beyond plausible. It does not get to the level of possible much less likely.

Quote:
Frankly, I'm not looking to prove supernatural events to you.  It's impossible to prove something supernatural occured to a skeptic.

It always takes a believer to believe in magic.

Quote:
]You only cling to the scientific method as the sole measure of "proof".   Science can only measure where exists in the natural world.  By it's definitiion, supernatural events are outside the realm of the natural.   Just because they don't form fit to scientific measurements doesn't equate to proof that the entire Bible is a book of myths.

Then you should start posting some place else as you are unqualified and incapable of contributing to discussions here. Go away.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote: You

danatemporary wrote:

You distort everything dont you?!?? I said previously in my statement about 1/5 of it is wrong. Dont put words in my mouth. You have a quote function use it.

This is why I took a break from the forums. I got burned out on trying to talk to them and while I respect their right to have an opinion, they never seem to get how logical discussions take place. They don't understand scientific method or rational thought. They ignore science unless it accomplishes their goals.

I think you are wasting your time with him.