The American Bible Challenge

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
The American Bible Challenge

http://gsntv.com/shows/the-american-bible-challenge/

So GSN has cancelled High Stakes Poker and instead has picked up what is certainly going to be the show of the century, "The American Bible Challenge". I thought that we should suggest some questions that ought to appear to see how well the contestants really know their bible.

For example,

When the children of Israel came across a man picking up sticks on the Sabbath and brought him to Moses, what punishment did the Lord recommend?

Why did the Lord send two bears to kill 42 children?

What action does the bible recommend a man take if he looks at a woman with lust?

What horrible act did Ananias and Sapphira commit that caused the Lord to smite them?

I'm sure the more scholarly among us can come up with thousands of great questions for the show.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Manageri
atheist
Manageri's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Why did

Beyond Saving wrote:

Too much work for just one.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Old Testament is a

The Old Testament is a treasure trove of filth and depravity, and I'm speaking of the "Bible heroes".

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
For a bonus round, they

For a bonus round, they could have questions on God ordained rape:

http://www.evilbible.com/Rape.htm

Q: When does God permit war rape?

A: As long as you call her your 'wife'. Then divorce her when she no longer pleases you.

Why not have RRS or other atheist groups do a parody Internet show?

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

http://gsntv.com/shows/the-american-bible-challenge/

So GSN has cancelled High Stakes Poker and instead has picked up what is certainly going to be the show of the century, "The American Bible Challenge". I thought that we should suggest some questions that ought to appear to see how well the contestants really know their bible.

For example,

When the children of Israel came across a man picking up sticks on the Sabbath and brought him to Moses, what punishment did the Lord recommend?

What action does the bible recommend a man take if he looks at a woman with lust?

What horrible act did Ananias and Sapphira commit that caused the Lord to smite them?

I'm sure the more scholarly among us can come up with thousands of great questions for the show.

Gambling and the bible, both rely on the scam that the house doesn't make money if it is a fair game. Vegas makes money the same way the bible does. It sells you a utopia that does not exist and shanks you with fine print. Credit cards and home loans  run along the same Monty lines, "Guess which cup the ball is under".

This is not a challenge is as much as it is the desperate act for believers to compete with the other scams that make money.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Misc.

I didn't have to google one of them. OP's Questions 1-4 . . are there prizes ?

EXC wrote:

Why not have RRS or other atheist groups do a parody Internet show?

Good, good

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Manageri wrote:Beyond Saving

Manageri wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

lol, he wouldn't be an all loving god if he would have burdened a single poor bear with killing 42 children, 21 per bear is much more manageable. 

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Gambling and

Brian37 wrote:

Gambling and the bible, both rely on the scam that the house doesn't make money if it is a fair game. Vegas makes money the same way the bible does. It sells you a utopia that does not exist and shanks you with fine print. Credit cards and home loans  run along the same Monty lines, "Guess which cup the ball is under".

This is not a challenge is as much as it is the desperate act for believers to compete with the other scams that make money.

Lol, lose money in Vegas recently? 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ktulu wrote:Manageri

Ktulu wrote:

Manageri wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

lol, he wouldn't be an all loving god if he would have burdened a single poor bear with killing 42 children, 21 per bear is much more manageable. 

21 is still quite a bit of work, especially if they start running away, hope the good lord saw fit to provide the poor bears with some gatorade. After all a moral god wouldn't want the bears to suffer and would want them to keep their energy up to kill the children quickly. 

Anonymous156 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Ktulu

Beyond Saving wrote:

Ktulu wrote:

Manageri wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

21 is still quite a bit of work, especially if they start running away, hope the good lord saw fit to provide the poor bears with some gatorade. After all a moral god wouldn't want the bears to suffer and would want them to keep their energy up to kill the children quickly. 

First off, bears don't sweat. Second- you believe atheletes drink gatorade to "keep(ing) their energy up"?

It's better to keep quiet and be thought stupid.... you know the line.