I bet Republicans masturbate to rape porn

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
I bet Republicans masturbate to rape porn

What's it with the party and their rape comments lately? Do they really think that women, let alone anybody will actually vote for them?

 

 

 

 

 

 


ThunderJones
atheist
ThunderJones's picture
Posts: 433
Joined: 2012-04-23
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

ThunderJones wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

This isn't to discuss your masturbation habits.

Are you sure? This thread is definitely about masturbation habits if the title is to be believed, I'd think our own habits might be relevant.

 

Considering you're online on a friday night, I assume that it's a frequent habit

Secularist, Atheist, Skeptic, Freethinker


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:A burn, but one

Vastet wrote:
A burn, but one that swings both ways. > > Not that Friday is a good night to go out anyway. Too many drunk idiots. I prefer midweek, or even Monday. It's quieter.

Not really, everybody already knows I'm a socially inept loser.

 

 

 


ThunderJones
atheist
ThunderJones's picture
Posts: 433
Joined: 2012-04-23
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Vastet

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Vastet wrote:
A burn, but one that swings both ways. > > Not that Friday is a good night to go out anyway. Too many drunk idiots. I prefer midweek, or even Monday. It's quieter.

Not really, everybody already knows I'm a socially inept loser.

 

 

 

Lol, so you'd like to label other people the same as you, eh?

I just have no desire to go out and do stupid stuff. There is a difference between not having social skills and not wanting to go out to retarded high-school parties.

Secularist, Atheist, Skeptic, Freethinker


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
ThunderJones

ThunderJones wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Vastet wrote:
A burn, but one that swings both ways. > > Not that Friday is a good night to go out anyway. Too many drunk idiots. I prefer midweek, or even Monday. It's quieter.

Not really, everybody already knows I'm a socially inept loser.

 

 

 

Lol, so you'd like to label other people the same as you, eh?

I just have no desire to go out and do stupid stuff. There is a difference between not having social skills and not wanting to go out to retarded high-school parties.

 

Considering your avatar is a pony, I don't think ti's a far fetched assumption


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3661
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

 

Considering your avatar is a pony, I don't think ti's a far fetched assumption

 

 Really ?  Psychoanalysis from an avatar ?        What does my avatar "say" to you ?

http://theatheistconservative.com/

I'm a right wing atheist because I enjoy being hated by everyone.

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." Mark Twain.


ThunderJones
atheist
ThunderJones's picture
Posts: 433
Joined: 2012-04-23
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

ThunderJones wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Vastet wrote:
A burn, but one that swings both ways. > > Not that Friday is a good night to go out anyway. Too many drunk idiots. I prefer midweek, or even Monday. It's quieter.

Not really, everybody already knows I'm a socially inept loser.

Lol, so you'd like to label other people the same as you, eh?

I just have no desire to go out and do stupid stuff. There is a difference between not having social skills and not wanting to go out to retarded high-school parties.

 

Considering your avatar is a pony, I don't think ti's a far fetched assumption

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to start openly judging me based on my avatar. I'm suprised somewhat that it was a atheist, I expected some crazy theist to try an ad hominen attack on me because I liked a show about ponies.

You are an idiot if you think that little things like me enjoying a kid's show speaks for anything other than that I don't give a shit what other people think is 'appropriate' for me to watch. I have some of my own moral values thank you very much, and I'm certainly not hurting anyone.

Do you think labels define you? I am an atheist, I lack belief in god(s). I believe in Secularism and much else, and this is tied to atheism somewhat.

What exactly is tied to watching a show I enjoy very much? A show that is optimistic, light-hearted, suprisingly complex and thoughtfully written? (talking about 4th generation MLP here, the old ones not so much.)

You apparently like either mythbusters, or that women from the show enough to use it(her) as your avatar, does that say things about you? That you like the show (her)? Anything other than that. Not really.

Maybe you were trying to make a joke, but you are displaying gross hypocrisy here, and I can't help but rant a little.

Secularist, Atheist, Skeptic, Freethinker


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3391
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
ThunderJones

ThunderJones wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

ThunderJones wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Vastet wrote:
A burn, but one that swings both ways. > > Not that Friday is a good night to go out anyway. Too many drunk idiots. I prefer midweek, or even Monday. It's quieter.

Not really, everybody already knows I'm a socially inept loser.

Lol, so you'd like to label other people the same as you, eh?

I just have no desire to go out and do stupid stuff. There is a difference between not having social skills and not wanting to go out to retarded high-school parties.

 

Considering your avatar is a pony, I don't think ti's a far fetched assumption

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to start openly judging me based on my avatar. I'm suprised somewhat that it was a atheist, I expected some crazy theist to try an ad hominen attack on me because I liked a show about ponies.

You are an idiot if you think that little things like me enjoying a kid's show speaks for anything other than that I don't give a shit what other people think is 'appropriate' for me to watch. I have some of my own moral values thank you very much, and I'm certainly not hurting anyone.

Do you think labels define you? I am an atheist, I lack belief in god(s). I believe in Secularism and much else, and this is tied to atheism somewhat.

What exactly is tied to watching a show I enjoy very much? A show that is optimistic, light-hearted, suprisingly complex and thoughtfully written? (talking about 4th generation MLP here, the old ones not so much.)

You apparently like either mythbusters, or that women from the show enough to use it(her) as your avatar, does that say things about you? That you like the show (her)? Anything other than that. Not really.

Maybe you were trying to make a joke, but you are displaying gross hypocrisy here, and I can't help but rant a little.

dude, calm down.  you're takin' cap way too seriously.  and i think you're the first person on this site to take her seriously in a loooong time, so careful, she might start coming around more.

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


ThunderJones
atheist
ThunderJones's picture
Posts: 433
Joined: 2012-04-23
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:dude, calm

iwbiek wrote:

dude, calm down.  you're takin' cap way too seriously.  and i think you're the first person on this site to take her seriously in a loooong time, so careful, she might start coming around more.

I make a policy of taking everyone seriously unless given a reason not to. Is that not the most reasonable way to behave?

Don't worry, I'm not freaking out, I promise.

Secularist, Atheist, Skeptic, Freethinker


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4568
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:What

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

What does my avatar "say" to you ?

It says, "Got Prozac?"

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3661
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:It says,

Beyond Saving wrote:

It says, "Got Prozac?"

 

       Well, that's a good start, but I was hoping for something more expansive. 

http://theatheistconservative.com/

I'm a right wing atheist because I enjoy being hated by everyone.

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." Mark Twain.


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
I just find it disturbing

I just find it disturbing that somebody with a My Little Pony avatar is so ready to discuss their masturbation habits, considering that MLP is targeted at young girls.

 

 

 

 


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

 

Considering your avatar is a pony, I don't think ti's a far fetched assumption

 

 Really ?  Psychoanalysis from an avatar ?        What does my avatar "say" to you ?

 

 

You're on your way to make a good serial killer


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3661
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

 

 

You're on your way to make a good serial killer

 

            Oooooh, that hurt ! 

http://theatheistconservative.com/

I'm a right wing atheist because I enjoy being hated by everyone.

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." Mark Twain.


ThunderJones
atheist
ThunderJones's picture
Posts: 433
Joined: 2012-04-23
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:I just

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

I just find it disturbing that somebody with a My Little Pony avatar is so ready to discuss their masturbation habits, considering that MLP is targeted at young girls.

Not the MLP I watch. It is targeted at a wide range of people, designed to change the whole show's reputation.

You think because I don't mind discussing something as normal as masturbation, and I also happen to watch a certain show, there is the problem? What is it exactly?

I am not ashamed of what I do in the privacy of my own home, and if you are trying to imply I am so kind of pedophile or something you are really fucked up.

Secularist, Atheist, Skeptic, Freethinker


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10687
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
"you are really fucked

"you are really fucked up."

K, you really have to take a look through Cap's posting history. It'll be worth it, I promise.
http://www.rationalresponders.com/user/cptpineapple/track

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
I am not "fucked up" I

I am not "fucked up" I simply stand up for myself and don't want to talk about some guy cupping his balls to a cartoon.

 

This topic was about the disgusting comments on rape made by republican candidates. Not an invite to a circle jerk by a bunch of horndogs.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
Posts: 3330
Joined: 2007-01-05
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:Beyond

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

It says, "Got Prozac?"

 

       Well, that's a good start, but I was hoping for something more expansive. 

 

You need to see your dentist?

 

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3661
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:I am not

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

I am not "fucked up" I simply stand up for myself and don't want to talk about some guy cupping his balls to a cartoon.

 

This topic was about the disgusting comments on rape made by republican candidates. Not an invite to a circle jerk by a bunch of horndogs.

 

                                                                        

 

                                                                                                 You are so repressed.

 

http://theatheistconservative.com/

I'm a right wing atheist because I enjoy being hated by everyone.

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." Mark Twain.


ThunderJones
atheist
ThunderJones's picture
Posts: 433
Joined: 2012-04-23
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:I am not

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

I am not "fucked up" I simply stand up for myself and don't want to talk about some guy cupping his balls to a cartoon.

 

This topic was about the disgusting comments on rape made by republican candidates. Not an invite to a circle jerk by a bunch of horndogs.

Having fun trolling?

You have zero evidence to think that I jerk off to that show. You are projecting like crazy.

All I said is that the two things are unrelated, and you have avoided answering any question I have submitted to you.

Just because you are insecure with your sexuality and can't deal with someone who doesn't fit your little stereotype doesn't mean jack shit.

Secularist, Atheist, Skeptic, Freethinker


ThunderJones
atheist
ThunderJones's picture
Posts: 433
Joined: 2012-04-23
User is offlineOffline
BTW, if you didn't want to

BTW, if you didn't want to talk about something, you should damn well not bring it up. That includes implying I'm a pedophile, or saying I jerk off to a show I happen to like a lot. Shut the fuck up if you aren't going to back your idiotic assertions.

Secularist, Atheist, Skeptic, Freethinker


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10687
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Tbh, I was waiting for it

Tbh, I was waiting for it to. I have little interest in the show, but I've heard the demographic for the show, while intended for kids, is actually adults.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Tbh, I was

Vastet wrote:
Tbh, I was waiting for it to. I have little interest in the show, but I've heard the demographic for the show, while intended for kids, is actually adults.

Off topic here, but I had no clue that My Little Pony was still around. I remember it being real popular in the early 80's when I was a young kid (along with some shows like the Get A Long Gang, and Thundercats) if anyone else on here remembers.

I thought that the Captain had disappeared. I do remember a year or so ago, when  there were all these long drawn out posts about "slutty" dressed pop stars and very anti-sexuality display  remarks about pop stars.  (Along with a whole horde of posts that were supposedly typed "drunk" and correct me if I am wrong, but it seemed like the Captain confessed to not actually being drunk when typing those posts).

Not that I seriously see a crime in sexuality with pop stars.

But then again,  I see nothing wrong with cartoons and cartoon characters either.

I guess the next attack will be on my avatar for being Garfield on a motorcycle.

 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


ThunderJones
atheist
ThunderJones's picture
Posts: 433
Joined: 2012-04-23
User is offlineOffline
Its a new generation of the

Its a new generation of the toy commercial show, but it actually has upgraded hugely. It quite good. As good as any other cartoon out there really. It has some annoying corny moments, but not that many. In general, it is just a really fun, adult-friendly show.

Secularist, Atheist, Skeptic, Freethinker


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
ThunderJones wrote:I was

ThunderJones wrote:

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to start openly judging me based on my avatar. I'm suprised somewhat that it was a atheist, I expected some crazy theist to try an ad hominen attack on me because I liked a show about ponies.

It was before I got here, but I do remember Captain admitting to being a theist when first coming on board. I DO remember several discussions where Captain seemed to veer towards Atheists need to be quiet and walk on eggshells around theists. Something that I never understood an Atheist doing.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
Have you guys changed your

Have you guys changed your boxers yet? Are we done?

 

This topic is about mysogonist bigotted remarks from republicans, not your masturbation habits, or it's not about me.  If you want to talk about whether you whack off to cartoon ponies, or which hand you use, create another topic. If I don't want to read that shit, I won't.

 

If you want to talk shit about me, either post it in the private boards that I can no longer access, or click on my username, and then contact to call me a stuck up bitch to my face. I'm sick of my topics always getting derailed by turning into a biography of me.

 

 


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10687
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
You brought up the topic of

You brought up the topic of masturbation in a clearly ridiculous fashion. You have no right to suggest it be taken seriously.

It was also you who brought up mlp, making you a hypocrite for demanding discussion on the subject end.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


ThunderJones
atheist
ThunderJones's picture
Posts: 433
Joined: 2012-04-23
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Have you

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Have you guys changed your boxers yet? Are we done?

 

This topic is about mysogonist bigotted remarks from republicans, not your masturbation habits, or it's not about me.  If you want to talk about whether you whack off to cartoon ponies, or which hand you use, create another topic. If I don't want to read that shit, I won't.

 

If you want to talk shit about me, either post it in the private boards that I can no longer access, or click on my username, and then contact to call me a stuck up bitch to my face. I'm sick of my topics always getting derailed by turning into a biography of me.

 

 

I am saying it to your face. You started talking shit about me. You started this.

You are being a idiot. You are acting like a troll. Your accusations are bullshit.

You toss out several ridiculous posts, and then act like I am the one cause the problem?

 

If you didn't want your topic to derail, maybe you should have:

1) Not made a disgustingly inappropriate generalization about a crap-load of people.

2) Actually took part in discussion in a genuine and reasonable manner.

3) Simply requested that we get back on track. We were joking around, and you seemed to be as well.

4) Not made ignorant and offensive insinuations to one of the people who started out actually trying to have a discussion, or anyone for that matter.

 

You whine about your topics getting derailed, I wonder why? Maybe because you seemed to go out of your way to do just that?

Secularist, Atheist, Skeptic, Freethinker


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:You brought up

Vastet wrote:
You brought up the topic of masturbation in a clearly ridiculous fashion. You have no right to suggest it be taken seriously. It was also you who brought up mlp, making you a hypocrite for demanding discussion on the subject end.

 

Yes, my topic title was ridiculous. It was meant to expose the hyprococy of the Republican party's stance on women. It wasn't to discuss which hand people use. It was good at the start, but then quickly de-esculated. It tried to get it back with tongue in cheek, but apparently that didn't work.

 

 

 


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3661
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
             Cpt

 

            Cpt enjoys the attention that being a troll provides her.  Nothing more.

http://theatheistconservative.com/

I'm a right wing atheist because I enjoy being hated by everyone.

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." Mark Twain.


Reverend Wells
Reverend Wells's picture
Posts: 36
Joined: 2012-08-17
User is offlineOffline
Since we're on the subject

Since we're on the subject of avatars, I wonder what everybody thinks mine says about me..

 


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3661
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
 That you like anime /

 That you like anime / manga ?     I used to buy the Full Metal Alchemist graphic novels but they're kind of expensive.  My girlfriend is a big fan of Inuyasha.  She even named one of my cats "Kikyo" after the character.

http://theatheistconservative.com/

I'm a right wing atheist because I enjoy being hated by everyone.

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." Mark Twain.


Reverend Wells
Reverend Wells's picture
Posts: 36
Joined: 2012-08-17
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote: That

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

 That you like anime / manga ?     I used to buy the Full Metal Alchemist graphic novels but they're kind of expensive.  My girlfriend is a big fan of Inuyasha.  She even named one of my cats "Kikyo" after the character.

The strange thing is that I actually detest Anime and Manga. I've tried watching several different shows over the years, but I could never get into them. The only one that I watch, at all, is Dragonball Z. I have the first four seasons on DVD, and eventually plan on getting the other seasons as well.

I think I like it so much because I got swept up on the popularity of it during the late 90s and it's a reminder of my childhood. Also, I always liked Vegeta as a character and preferred him over Goku in fact. I guess it's because I was always fascinated by his obsession with being better than Goku. It's like, dude, you're the 2nd most powerful being in the universe, but instead of being satisfied with that, you're obsessed with not being THE most powerful being in the universe.

Ironically, Vegeta owes his being the 2nd most powerful being in the universe to his obsession with Goku, because in the beginning, Frieza was more powerful than either of them, so once Goku achieved Super-Sayain form, it drove Vegeta to always play catch-up. It it wasn't for his obsession, he'd actually be one of the least powerful in the universe as the story progressed.

Anyway, as I was saying, I can't stand Anime, but I love Dragonball Z. I guess it just doesn't seem the same as most other Anime. It's in a league of its own in my opinion.

"Now this ... is the noble truth of the origin of suffering: it is this craving which leads to renewed existence, accompanied by delight and lust, seeking delight here and there, that is, craving for sensual pleasures, craving for existence, craving for extermination." - Buddha, the 2nd Noble Truth


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10687
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Vegeta made that show. The

Vegeta made that show. The best stories are those with an anti-hero.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3661
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
  I used to like to watch

  I used to like to watch the Full Metal Alchemist episodes on TV but the guy who does the voice for Edward Elric is some Christian fundamentalist blow hard who rants about gays.  He completely ruined it for me.  His name is Vic Magnogna.  The funny thing is that this guy is so flamboyant...

                                                                                  

http://theatheistconservative.com/

I'm a right wing atheist because I enjoy being hated by everyone.

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." Mark Twain.


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote: That

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

 That you like anime / manga ?     I used to buy the Full Metal Alchemist graphic novels but they're kind of expensive.  My girlfriend is a big fan of Inuyasha.  She even named one of my cats "Kikyo" after the character.

I stumbled across  anime/manga by accident after discovering film director Takashi Miike and his film " Ichi the Killer".  (Did not realize it was a graphic novel until I started looking into it).

The only anime series that I ever got into (can't remember the exact name) was where this website exists only at midnight and if you have been really wronged by someone, you type their name into the website and this creepy little girl appears, tells you that your vengence will be granted, but you will pay a horrifying final price by losing your soul.

What I always found ironic about it, was the notion of "repentance" bullshit was not there. But, when creepy little girl and her crew from hell appear to terrorize the person that inflicted their wrongdoing upon others (i.e. rapists that got off on technicalities and such) the spooky crew always gives them a chance to admit what they did to the victim. They NEVER do. Instead, they start screaming their innocent and persecuted, upon which spooky little girl shrugs and the terror/torture begins.

I know the plot sounds like an old worn out horror movie, but I turned out to be pleasantly surprised by it.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3391
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:   I'm

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

 

I'm sick of my topics always getting derailed by turning into a biography of me.

 

 

oh please, you feed off that shit.  you started with the personal shit here, probably because you knew it would get reciprocated and then you could start your usual goddamn "oh, why do you always make it about me???" line.  if you don't like the direction you claim we habitually take your threads in, why not stay away for good this time?  because unlike the rape victims you claim to be speaking up for, you actually have brought 100% of the reactions here on yourself, cap, and you know it.

 

 

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


ThunderJones
atheist
ThunderJones's picture
Posts: 433
Joined: 2012-04-23
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Vegeta made

Vastet wrote:
Vegeta made that show. The best stories are those with an anti-hero.

+1

DBZ was annoying sometimes, but it had it's moments. A good show.

Secularist, Atheist, Skeptic, Freethinker


ThunderJones
atheist
ThunderJones's picture
Posts: 433
Joined: 2012-04-23
User is offlineOffline
Reverend Wells

Reverend Wells wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

 That you like anime / manga ?     I used to buy the Full Metal Alchemist graphic novels but they're kind of expensive.  My girlfriend is a big fan of Inuyasha.  She even named one of my cats "Kikyo" after the character.

The strange thing is that I actually detest Anime and Manga. I've tried watching several different shows over the years, but I could never get into them. The only one that I watch, at all, is Dragonball Z. I have the first four seasons on DVD, and eventually plan on getting the other seasons as well.

I think I like it so much because I got swept up on the popularity of it during the late 90s and it's a reminder of my childhood. Also, I always liked Vegeta as a character and preferred him over Goku in fact. I guess it's because I was always fascinated by his obsession with being better than Goku. It's like, dude, you're the 2nd most powerful being in the universe, but instead of being satisfied with that, you're obsessed with not being THE most powerful being in the universe.

Ironically, Vegeta owes his being the 2nd most powerful being in the universe to his obsession with Goku, because in the beginning, Frieza was more powerful than either of them, so once Goku achieved Super-Sayain form, it drove Vegeta to always play catch-up. It it wasn't for his obsession, he'd actually be one of the least powerful in the universe as the story progressed.

Anyway, as I was saying, I can't stand Anime, but I love Dragonball Z. I guess it just doesn't seem the same as most other Anime. It's in a league of its own in my opinion.

Have you ever tried 'Death Note' (subbed, not dubbed)? It's the only anime besides DBZ that I have seen all the way through. It can get tedious at times after the first season, but I really liked it.

DBZ is just a very different style of anime. I can see how someone might like it and few ( or no) others. I'm the same way. I don't dislike anime/magna as much as you seem to, but most animes just don't click with me.

Secularist, Atheist, Skeptic, Freethinker


Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2007-01-18
User is offlineOffline
I liked Dragonball Z but in

I liked Dragonball Z but in my opinion the original series was much better. It was really lighthearted. There were talking animals and it was full of bawdy humor but at the same time it had a very positive message about the value of hard work and moral principles like defending those who can't defend themselves.

The main focal point of Dragonball however was the characters and I think in Dragonball Z they really decided to focus more on fighting at the expense of character development and coherent plot points and it started to become kind of repetitive. Of course the existence of the eponymous dragon balls does add to the anticlimactic feel of both, but I think more so in the follow up series because by then you see that they can't really even be destroyed.    

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5487
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:oh please, you

iwbiek wrote:

oh please, you feed off that shit.  you started with the personal shit here, probably because you knew it would get reciprocated and then you could start your usual goddamn "oh, why do you always make it about me???" line.  if you don't like the direction you claim we habitually take your threads in, why not stay away for good this time?  because unlike the rape victims you claim to be speaking up for, you actually have brought 100% of the reactions here on yourself, cap, and you know it.

 

 

 

pffft obviously, I just sit here and masturbate to it all day.

 

 

 


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3391
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

 

 

pffft obviously, I just sit here and masturbate to it all day.

 

 

yup.  with a dildo shaped like jodie foster's knuckles.

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


Sinphanius
Sinphanius's picture
Posts: 284
Joined: 2008-06-12
User is offlineOffline
I am an endless barrel of Exposition!

@harleysportster: The anime you are talking about is called Hell Girl

Also, I love how mere moments after The Good Captain 'politely' asked people to stop derailing her precious thread everyone responded by derailing her precious thread even more.

When you say it like that you make it sound so Sinister...


ThunderJones
atheist
ThunderJones's picture
Posts: 433
Joined: 2012-04-23
User is offlineOffline
Sinphanius

Sinphanius wrote:

@harleysportster: The anime you are talking about is called Hell Girl

Also, I love how mere moments after The Good Captain 'politely' asked people to stop derailing her precious thread everyone responded by derailing her precious thread even more.

Counter-trolling is an effective deterrent to bad trolls like Cpt.

Secularist, Atheist, Skeptic, Freethinker


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1830
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:What's

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

What's it with the party and their rape comments lately? Do they really think that women, let alone anybody will actually vote for them?

 

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2484
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:I bet

 

Probably not.

More likely:

Ronald Reagan speeches and Youtube videos, their financial portfolios, the Dow Jones ticker, crude oil future price index on NYMEX, any Apple Product annoucement or sales report...

 

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

What's it with the party and their rape comments lately? Do they really think that women, let alone anybody will actually vote for them?  

No, they just run for elections for fun and games. After all, it's not usually their own money that gets pissed away in an election attempt.

Yeah, they think women will vote for them as well as many others. Go to Realclearpolitics.com to see the polls yourself.

Did you somehow think that American voters exhibit intelligent decisions? Hardly, we Americans are pretty much all idiots. Americans elected George W twice, OK, once and the first time the Supreme Court gave it to him because my home state at the time, Florida made stupid ass ballots. Americans don't know for sure what the issue is, but the ads tell them who is right, you just have to see enough of them so you are reprogrammed to vote for the one with the ads you relate to. Truth isn't important, ad quantity and the best propaganda wins.

 

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3661
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
              

                             

                                                                  So, does that mean the Democrats are lacking in corruption ?

http://theatheistconservative.com/

I'm a right wing atheist because I enjoy being hated by everyone.

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." Mark Twain.


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2484
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

                             

                                                                  So, does that mean the Democrats are lacking in corruption ?

Not at all, though I'm not sure where you saw anything of corruption in my post. All politicians run on other people's money, with only a few exceptions.

We need a Constitutional Amendment for term limits. Congress represents themselves not us, they forget us until the next time they need our vote to keep them there.

The problem is everyone thinks Congress is awful, but it's not their Congressman or Senator that is the problem, it's someone else's.

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3661
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
pauljohntheskeptic


   Operator error.

 

 

 


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3661
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
pauljohntheskeptic

pauljohntheskeptic wrote:

 

Not at all, though I'm not sure where you saw anything of corruption in my post. All politicians run on other people's money, with only a few exceptions.

We need a Constitutional Amendment for term limits. Congress represents themselves not us, they forget us until the next time they need our vote to keep them there.

The problem is everyone thinks Congress is awful, but it's not their Congressman or Senator that is the problem, it's someone else's.

 

 

 

     Sorry if my statement too was vague.   I was referring more to corrupt motives rather than actual legal transgressions.  I don't trust either party and I predict they will both run us into the ground.  Even though Ron Paul is a creationist I still think he would make a better President that either Obama or Romney.  Romney is more like a conservative Democrat ( like McCain ) than a true conservative.  We're fucked either way.

http://theatheistconservative.com/

I'm a right wing atheist because I enjoy being hated by everyone.

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." Mark Twain.


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2484
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

     Sorry if my statement too was vague.   I was referring more to corrupt motives rather than actual legal transgressions.  I don't trust either party and I predict they will both run us into the ground.  Even though Ron Paul is a creationist I still think he would make a better President that either Obama or Romney.  Romney is more like a conservative Democrat ( like McCain ) than a true conservative.  We're fucked either way.

I like Ron Paul as well. Too bad he had no chance at all.

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.