Does the award for the greatest evil go to Satan or God?

Greatest I am
Greatest I am's picture
Posts: 278
Joined: 2012-03-30
User is offlineOffline
Does the award for the greatest evil go to Satan or God?

Does the award for the greatest evil go to Satan or God?

Many blame Satan for the evils of this world even as his power to deceive all of us comes from God.

As the creator of Satan, many think that God deserves the blame as he knew what Satan would be because God knows everything in advance.

What is the greatest evil you can think of and who do you think is to blame for it?

Who is the greatest sinner, Satan or God?

I lean toward God as scriptures name him the Alpha and Omega which to me means the best and the worse. Also, scriptures have God saying not to place any other above him and I would be going against this by placing Satan above him in the category of the most evil. I do not want to break the first commandment.

Do you dare by putting Satan above God?

Regards
DL


Old Seer
Theist
Posts: 768
Joined: 2011-11-12
User is offlineOffline
I'm taking this to Old Seers Thread

Beyond Saving wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

This is hard to see, but we were surprised to learn also. What we have here with this bible deal is a people who had a way and understanding of how to live in peace with others. After a bit it becomes very simple to understand. So how did they do it and why is it important.? What they understood and found can be used by any society. But, the book deals with the book first and it's inhabitants and not necessarily everyone else on the planet. However, what goes for them goes for all others. There is nothing different about them except their beliefs. If their beliefs worked for them then those beliefs work for everyone else.

?!?!?!? Have you read the bible? Are you familiar with the history of the area at all? They hardly lived at peace with others either based on biblical accounts or based on other historical records. The entire region has been a hotbed of war and has been conquered by several of the major empires our world has seen. If your goal is to mimic ancient cultures that lived at peace with one another you should probably study cultures like the Moriori who lived on a small island with extremely limited resources but managed to avoid warfare or significant violence- at least until they were invaded by another island. (the downside of being a pacifist is you always lose wars if the other side doesn't mind annihilating you). I don't see why you would focus on the Hebrew religion or lend any more credibility to it than you would to any other religion, whatever peace it was able to establish was clearly not long lived. 

 

I'm causing another thread to hijacked on my accounts.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.


TWD39
Theist
Posts: 300
Joined: 2012-07-02
User is offlineOffline
hbmbc30 wrote:your just

hbmbc30 wrote:

your just another theistard troll trying to come in here with your illogical fallacies trying to pwn the "hellbound non believers" and guess what you got PWNED..  go through some of the other topic forums and see the theists that try and troll are PWNED.... good luck twd39

 

 

Since atheists prove time and time again an extreme refusal to  agree just once with a Christian's argument,  your opinion is pretty worthless.  It doesn't matter if I'm an uneducated twit  or a Nobel prize winner, you would still claim I'm being illogical. lol


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1506
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
You have your own thread that needs tending . . . .

 Twd39 --  Please point out the argument that people are supposed to agree with ? While youre at it  you have your own Thread that needs tending, please don't forget. Smiling


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3248
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote: I read a book by

cj wrote:

 

I read a book by an historian - I'll have to go look up the title and author, but if you wish.  She was discussing the importance of evidence when one theorized about historical facts and figures.  One of the things she mentioned in the book was how the Masons came to be.

They had found Egypt and all the hieroglyphics, but had not yet found the Rosetta Stone.  So no one knew exactly what the writings said.  So this kook with too much time on his hands, started guessing what the hieroglyphics meant.  Yes, guessed.  And also guessed all these strange rituals and such based on a combination of his guessed language and the bas relief and murals and frescoes recently discovered in Egypt.  Guessed.  Made up.

Of course, by the time the Rosetta Stone was discovered, the group was not going to let a little thing like facts get in the way of having fun.

Bullpucky.  Just like all the rest of them.

 

If you could find that book and title I would be interested.

I suppose the Google god could find some interesting facts.

Can you imagine that a historian would stress the importance of evidence when it comes to theories ? Wow. That might get in the way of people's fantasies.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


Greatest I am
Greatest I am's picture
Posts: 278
Joined: 2012-03-30
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:Sapient

Old Seer wrote:

Sapient wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:
Does the award for the greatest evil go to Satan or God?

How many did God kill vs Satan in the Bible?

 

One side of or aspect of Yahweh. Yahweh does not mean God, it means person or persons including one's own person.  However, it's people that did the killing, so then Satan is part of ones own character. There's different applications to understand. Devil is mere evil perpetrated by people. Satan is Deception to bring about an evil as "deceiver". In Hebrew a person is comprised of good and evil and the duality is considered to be Satan/Deceiver on one hand and human on the other. This is how all people are made. The understanding of The Hebrew mind needs to be understood. There is no such word as "God" in the Hebrew language. Satan, Yahweh, Devil are all references to the conditions of persons. The Hebrew mind has no relatives in Europe. The two are not related. The Hebrew religion is of the interior not the exterior. Yahweh signifies ones own person or the personage of all combined. If one changes Yahweh to a Euro interpretation or concept then God means "people", as Yahweh means person or people. "I" can mean singular or multiple. "I" can also mean, one speaking from the Hebrew concept of being, such as. "I" speak from Yahweh. Hebrew prophets spoke from the "I" concept of Yahweh. Yahweh is one's own person in Hebrew.

 

I agree that all the biblical characters are archetypal and represent all of us.

We are all to be Moses or Jesus like. They are all fictional.

 

Regards

DL


cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
Posts: 3330
Joined: 2007-01-05
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:cj

edit : dp


cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
Posts: 3330
Joined: 2007-01-05
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:cj

harleysportster wrote:

cj wrote:

 

I read a book by an historian - I'll have to go look up the title and author, but if you wish.  She was discussing the importance of evidence when one theorized about historical facts and figures.  One of the things she mentioned in the book was how the Masons came to be.

They had found Egypt and all the hieroglyphics, but had not yet found the Rosetta Stone.  So no one knew exactly what the writings said.  So this kook with too much time on his hands, started guessing what the hieroglyphics meant.  Yes, guessed.  And also guessed all these strange rituals and such based on a combination of his guessed language and the bas relief and murals and frescoes recently discovered in Egypt.  Guessed.  Made up.

Of course, by the time the Rosetta Stone was discovered, the group was not going to let a little thing like facts get in the way of having fun.

Bullpucky.  Just like all the rest of them.

 

If you could find that book and title I would be interested.

I suppose the Google god could find some interesting facts.

Can you imagine that a historian would stress the importance of evidence when it comes to theories ? Wow. That might get in the way of people's fantasies.

 

http://www.amazon.com/Not-Out-Of-Africa-Afrocentrism/dp/046509838X/ref=la_B000AQW278_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346111151&sr=1-1

Not Out of Africa by Mary Lefkowitz who is a classics professor at Wellesley.  Freemasonry is not the main discussion in the book.  But pages 94-120 or so discuss Freemasonry. 

There is also some really great lessons in how to research history which directly correlate with researching evolution.  You know, the argument about we weren't there so how do we know?  Same principles of research apply to both historical research and paleontology and related fields.

 

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.


Greatest I am
Greatest I am's picture
Posts: 278
Joined: 2012-03-30
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:TWD39

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

TWD39 wrote:

God does not punish the innocent either. 

 

 

 

 

  So when God allegedly drowned every human being on Earth during the flood, ...through some impossible set of circumstances...there were somehow no young girls or boys, toddlers or infants or anyone that was under the so-called "age of accountability" ?  No innocent victims in a world-wide flood ?   Infants aren't innocent ?  What ?

 

 

TWD

 

Did God not demand that his innocent son die?

 

Is that not God punishing the innocent, something that you say he does not do?

 

Regards

DL


Greatest I am
Greatest I am's picture
Posts: 278
Joined: 2012-03-30
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

 

TWD39 wrote:

Humans commiting genocide vs God commiting genocide (as a LAST resort which you refuse to acknowledge) are not on equal terms.

 

of moral inconsistency. The fact you can even make a statement like this shows you have serious empathy deficits. Have you ever tried to feel as another person might feel? Or is always and ever about you and your greed for eternal life. 

 

Getting way to close to the truth my friend.

 

Regards

DL


Greatest I am
Greatest I am's picture
Posts: 278
Joined: 2012-03-30
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:You're

Vastet wrote:
You're officially the first theist I've ever seen reclassify the terminology of the 'great flood'.

Eh. No.

 

The Jews have always recognized the O T as myth with a message, not literally true.

 

Regards

DL

 


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10509
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Greatest I am wrote:Vastet

Greatest I am wrote:

Vastet wrote:
You're officially the first theist I've ever seen reclassify the terminology of the 'great flood'.

Eh. No.

 

The Jews have always recognized the O T as myth with a message, not literally true.

 

Regards

DL

 

There's a difference. The jews I've known would simply classify the tale as a tale, a story. Whereas Seer has said the flood was a real event, relayed through metaphor. That is significantly different from any position I've ever seen a theist take.

I'm not saying it's absolutely unique, with more than 12 billion humans throughout history I'd be surprised if noone had ever held the position.

But I've never encountered it before.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Greatest I am
Greatest I am's picture
Posts: 278
Joined: 2012-03-30
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Greatest I am

Vastet wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:

Vastet wrote:
You're officially the first theist I've ever seen reclassify the terminology of the 'great flood'.

Eh. No.

 

The Jews have always recognized the O T as myth with a message, not literally true.

 

Regards

DL

 

There's a difference. The jews I've known would simply classify the tale as a tale, a story. Whereas Seer has said the flood was a real event, relayed through metaphor. That is significantly different from any position I've ever seen a theist take. I'm not saying it's absolutely unique, with more than 12 billion humans throughout history I'd be surprised if noone had ever held the position. But I've never encountered it before.

 

If real, it would not have needed a metaphore .

It would have been history.

Regards

DL


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3269
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Greatest I am wrote:  If

Greatest I am wrote:

 

 

If real, it would not have needed a metaphore .

It would have been history.

Regards

DL

you obviously haven't talked to Seer very much.  which surprises me, because you're both trying to rock the i-know-something-you-don't-so-you-should-be-so-grateful-get-my-pearls-of-wisdom cryptic bullshit.

maybe you see each other as competition for admiration neither of you are going to get here anyway.

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen