Romney is the Anti-Christ

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Romney is the Anti-Christ

Is Romney the Anti-Christ?

The following is a Public Service Notice for all of our Christian Friends at the Rational Response Squad.

Obviously as atheists this information does not apply to us, as we can't even understand the Christians' acceptance of fantasy and storytales. It is incredible to me, that anyone would seriously take the fantasy fiction tales of con man Joseph Smith to have any possibility of being based in reality. I see that it is indicative that "a sucker is born every minute."

When I was a devout Catholic and Christian I held Mormons to be heretics. They teach a Gospel that is contrary to that of Jesus and is not the one revealed to Paul. I still use this argument to the Mormons that ring my bell. I drive them away as a militant Catholic should do. As an atheist, they would continuously return to ruin my day, better they think my great-great-great-great grandfather was an Inquisitor and I follow his teachings.

If you are a Christian of any denomination, Catholic or Protestant you should be aware that Romney fits the mold cast in the New Testament for the Anti-Christ. He is at the very least, a "false prophet".

Don't believe me? Read what the Bible has to say:

Paul wrote in Galatians 1:8 - "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!"

In 2 Corinthians 7:14 - "For if someone comes along and preaches another Jesus than the one we preached, or should you receive a different spirit from the one you received or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you are all too willing to listen.."

Then we have Mormon beliefs:

Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, Section Six 1843-44 p.345-346 -
    "God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man, and sits enthroned in yonder heavens! That is the great secret. If the veil were rent today, and the great God who holds this world in its orbit, and who upholds all worlds and all things by his power, was to make himself visible, -- I say, if you were to see him today, you would see him like a man in form -- like yourselves in all the person, image, and very form as a man; for Adam was created in the very fashion, image and likeness of God, and received instruction from, and walked, talked and conversed with him, as one man talks and communes with another."

Journal of Discourses of Brigham Young p 245 -
"The Lord created you and me for the purpose of becoming Gods like Himself; when we have been proved in our present capacity, and been faithful with all things He puts into our possession. We are created, we are born for the express purpose of growing up from the low estate of manhood, to become Gods like unto our Father in heaven. That is the truth about it, just as it is. The Lord has organized mankind for the express purpose of increasing in that intelligence and truth, which is with God, until he is capable of creating worlds on worlds, and becoming Gods, even the sons of God" (Journal of Discourses, 3:93).

In the Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 12:20 -
"Therefore come unto me and be ye saved; for verily I say unto you, that except ye shall keep my commandments, which I have commanded you at this time, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven."

According to the Book of Mormon, 3 Nephi 21:26:
"And then shall the work of the Father commence at that day, even when this gospel shall be preached among the remnant of this people. Verily I say unto you, at that day shall the work of the Father commence among all the dispersed of my people, yea, even the tribes which have been lost, which the Father hath led away out of Jerusalem."

3 Nephi here is explicit in teaching that if you don't keep the commandments given here, to the Nephi, you can't enter heaven. This is pretty obviously a Gospel Paul and Jesus did not teach.

According to the Babble in the End Times a man will come who:
1) - the whole earth was amazed and followed after the beast; “ - Rev 13:3
Romney - He's working on the 1st part. Somehow despite the fact the party wanted anyone but Romney, he still won the nomination.

2) - “…who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God.” – 2 Thess 2:4
Romney - He's a Mormon, a basic belief is they can also become gods.

3) - "...he will succeed in whatever he does" - Dan 8:24 NIV
Romney - The gutting of companies, his election as governor in a Democratic state, his supposed saving of the Salt Lake Olympics. Now he says he's the only one that can save America.

4) - "...another horn [a ruler], a little one, came up among them [ten other rulers]Dan 7:8
"...And out of one of [the 10 horns] came forth a rather small horn which grew exceedingly great" - Dan 11; 8:9
Romney - he came out of nowhere, a governor of little renown.

5) - "Because he is cunning, he will succeed in his deceitful ways. He will be proud of himself and destroy many people without warning. He will even defy the greatest King of all, but he will be destroyed without the use of any human power." (TEV) Daniel 8:25
Romney - Any debate or ad shows this. He has destroyed many lives in his pursuit of wealth in his Bain ventures for example. He somehow dispatched all contenders for the nomination.

6) - "And his power will be mighty, but not by his own power..." - Dan 8:24
Romney - He used other people's money to gain riches.

7) - "Because he is cunning, he will succeed in his deceitful ways. He will be proud of himself and destroy many people without warning. He will even defy the greatest King of all, but he will be destroyed without the use of any human power." Daniel 8:25
Romney - Bain, election as governor, the Republican nominee, despite no one wanting him. The last part is a prediction if he wins. There however is no way to become a god as his fantasy religion teaches.

Cool - this horn [ruler] possessed...a mouth uttering great boasts...I kept looking because of the sound of the boastful words which the horn was speaking...that horn which had...a mouth uttering great boasts"Daniel 7:8, 11, 20, 8:25 "...
"...he will magnify himself in his heart" (NASB)
Romney - He makes boastful claims how only he can save America, he claims to have a plan, what that might be is anyone's guess, as it is always fluid depending on his audience.

9) - "And he will show no regard for ...the desire of women...for he will magnify himself above them all." (NASB)Dan 11:37
Romney - He is against women’s rights, against both abortion and birth control, women's healthcare and women's rights in general.

10) - Daniel 7:21, 25, 8:10-11, 25 "...that horn [ruler] was waging war with the saints and overpowering them...he will speak out against the Most High and wear down the saints of the Highest One"
Romney - He is a Mormon, a heretic to the Christian god..his religion is of evil

11) - "...it grew up to the host of heaven and caused some of the host and some of the stars to fall to the earth, and it trampled them down. It even magnified itself to be equal with the Commander of the host; and it removed the regular sacrifice from Him, and the place of His sanctuary was thrown down... the host will be given over to the horn along with the regular sacrifice; ...And he will magnify himself in his heart...He will even oppose the Prince of princes"
 "...[he] will fling truth to the ground... .A king will arise Insolent and skilled in intrigue. And through his shrewdness He will cause deceit to succeed by his influence” Daniel 8:11, 23, 25
Romney - He distorts, misconstrues, misdirects, lies, and changes his spots to fit in with those he is trying to impress...

12) -  And I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him; and he went out conquering, and to conquer.Rev 6:2
Romney - Bain and his company gutting, his promise to fight Iran...

13) -  I am afraid, lest as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds should be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ. For if one comes and preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted, you bear this beautifully.
...For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their deeds.2 Cor 11:3-15
Romney - He's a Mormon - they teach that Jesus came to North America after he was crucified, they are heretics and believe that they can become gods. They teach your Christian god was once a man like you, They teach that you too can become a god yourself.

I'm sure there is more if one looks a little harder at the LSD hallucination dream of St. John  the Divine in Revelation.

Just saying.
IOW, if you believe in the Jesus taught in the NT, voting for Romney might be something you should not do.

And as Bill Maher would say, "I kid Mitt Romney."

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
PJTS,

This is great. Have you considered taking out the atheist references and post it on some christian websites. I would love to see their reactions.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote:This is

ex-minister wrote:
This is great. Have you considered taking out the atheist references and post it on some christian websites. I would love to see their reactions.

Considering everyday there are countless ads assailing me since I'm in Colorado, I'd say that I'll  probably war against the Romney pretty much everywhere.

As an Ex-Catholic, I always call Mormons heretics and never tell them I'm an atheist. I'll  go see if I can go get kicked off a few Christian sites trashing Romney, the Anti-Christ.

Feel free to use any of it yourself.

PJTS

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
;) . . .

Beautiful, with the OPs comments, Mitt just made the top six list

ex-minister wrote:

To be honest I have not laid eyes on any bible prophesy sites (forums) in at least three years but having known who frequents them. Mitt just made the top six list  :~

Quote:
13) -  I am afraid, lest as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds should be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ.

hehehe

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Cargo cults too

Mormons and Scientologists are great gifts to anthropologists and historians.

With the distance of time, getting to the bottom of how the older religions were created is tricky, but with these newer ones we have excellent case studies and ample evidence.

The more evidence there is, the easier it is to see the patterns of the creation of cults/religions.

Sun (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Romney Anti Christ

The part about boasting should include the boasting Romney did in England about the English, our biggest ally, and offending them because Romney supposedly did such great job in Salt Lake with Olympics.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
In loving memory of my wife Debbie . . . (read on)

Re::  In loving memory of my wife Debbie . . . (read on)

Funny quote of the  week, is as follows:

"In loving memory of my wife Debbie, who went home to be with the Anti-christ"

Jabberwocky
atheist
User is offlineOffline
x wrote:Mormons and

x wrote:

Mormons and Scientologists are great gifts to anthropologists and historians.

With the distance of time, getting to the bottom of how the older religions were created is tricky, but with these newer ones we have excellent case studies and ample evidence.

The more evidence there is, the easier it is to see the patterns of the creation of cults/religions.

I've made this point before (although not sure if I have online). It basically destroys every argument from Christans, Muslims, and Jews, that suggest that nobody would have fallen for this stuff were it not true. 

I have to add a specific detail on that. While it does not apply to Scientology, it does apply to the Latter Day Saints movement. It takes nothing but simple statistics to figure that the majority of Muslims are of Arab descent, and the majority of practitioners of Judaism, Jewish. A majority of Christians are white, and while that seems to be out of touch with the religion's geographical origins, when one considers that it was the official religion of the Roman Empire (with public disbelief being punishable I'm sure), it makes perfect sense as well. 

The fact that the majority of Mormons are American, is another testament to the link between nations and religions (especially early on). Aside from the fact that Mormonism originated in America, it has to be noted that it's very American-centric. They claim to be Christians, while believing that the Garden of Eden was in Missouri, that Jesus lived in the USA, and that god revealed all this information to an American prophet.

Theists - If your god is omnipotent, remember the following: He (or she) has the cure for cancer, but won't tell us what it is.

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
They didn't muck about

Jabberwocky wrote:
A majority of Christians are white, and while that seems to be out of touch with the religion's geographical origins, when one considers that it was the official religion of the Roman Empire (with public disbelief being punishable I'm sure), it makes perfect sense as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Pagans_by_the_Christian_Roman_Empire

The persecution of pagans by the Christian Roman Empire began late in the reign of Constantine the Great, when he ordered the pillaging and the tearing down of some temples.[1][2][3] The first anti-Pagan laws by the Christian state started with Constantine's son Constantius II,[4][5] who was an unwavering opponent of paganism; he ordered the closing of all pagan temples, forbade Pagan sacrifices under pain of death,[2] and removed the traditional Altar of Victory from the Senate.[6] Under his reign ordinary Christians started vandalizing many of the ancient Pagan temples, tombs and monuments.[7][8][9][10]

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
@X, It really shows a nasty

@X,
It really shows a nasty human trait. Those that were bullied and persecuted once they have some power, and quickly at that, becomes the ones who bully and persecute.

I look at the Christian blacks today who are against gay marriage as a modern day example. They were ripped from their homes and made slaves by white europeans for centuries, striped of their religions, denied many rights including inter-racial marriage. And even took on the europeans religion. How so many of them have no sympathy is beyond me. According to the bible there is little reason for them to ever be freed. Europeans even used the bible to validate their black enslavement, those who were visibly marked by the curse of Ham who saw his drunken daddy, Noah, naked. Seems like a fair punishment. For the few blacks who could read or hear such stories they must have loved that one.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
One born every minute

ex-minister wrote:
@X, It really shows a nasty human trait. Those that were bullied and persecuted once they have some power, and quickly at that, becomes the ones who bully and persecute.

I look at the Christian blacks today who are against gay marriage as a modern day example. They were ripped from their homes and made slaves by white europeans for centuries, striped of their religions, denied many rights including inter-racial marriage. And even took on the europeans religion. How so many of them have no sympathy is beyond me. According to the bible there is little reason for them to ever be freed. Europeans even used the bible to validate their black enslavement, those who were visibly marked by the curse of Ham who saw his drunken daddy, Noah, naked. Seems like a fair punishment. For the few blacks who could read or hear such stories they must have loved that one.

Each new generation falls for it anew, ignorant of their history.

From what I can gather, attitudes to homosexuality all over Africa are extremely 'conservative'.

I don't know much about the history of it, but this report suggests that it is, at least in part, a legacy of colonial laws.

http://www.hrw.org/sites/default/files/reports/lgbt1208_webwcover.pdf

The role of the pastors who happily whip up the hysteria cannot be ignored either.

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Don't criticize what you can't understand

X, Interesting report. Read part of it and will digest more later. You are right about those pastors. They use anything to stir up the congregation, brings in more tithes. I was there. I understood the importance of that. Maintaining big churches that sit more empty than full ain't cheap and then there is the whole prosperity gospel shit. Abortion, Homosexuality, Nationalism are easy hot buttons and that is why the fundies use them. But I am hopeful that the tide is turning. That some fundies will wake up to the disgusting practices of many churches. For some reason Bob Dylan's song comes to mind, the times they are a'changin'

To the homophobics out there "Don't criticize what you don't understand". When did Christians become experts in everything?

Come gather 'round people

Wherever you roam

And admit that the waters

Around you have grown

And accept it that soon

You'll be drenched to the bone.

If your time to you

Is worth savin'

Then you better start swimmin'

Or you'll sink like a stone

For the times they are a-changin'.

Come writers and critics

Who prophesize with your pen

And keep your eyes wide

The chance won't come again

And don't speak too soon

For the wheel's still in spin

And there's no tellin' who

That it's namin'.

For the loser now

Will be later to win

Come senators, congressmen

Please heed the call

Don't stand in the doorway

Don't block up the hall

For he that gets hurt

Will be he who has stalled

There's a battle outside ragin'.

It'll soon shake your windows

And rattle your walls

Come mothers and fathers

Throughout the land

And don't criticize

What you can't understand

Your sons and your daughters

Are beyond your command

Your old road is

Rapidly agin'.

Please get out of the new one

If you can't lend your hand

The line it is drawn

The curse it is cast

The slow one now

Will later be fast

As the present now

Will later be past

The order is

Rapidly fadin'.

And the first one now

Will later be last

Religion Kills !!!

Michael A Thompson
Michael A Thompson's picture
User is offlineOffline
I used to always talk to the

I used to always talk to the mormons when they stopped by.  Didn't matter what I was doing at the time.  If I found them to be ignorant I would stop and talk with them for anywhere from 45 min- 2 hours.  Now I'm no biblical scholar , by any measure, but arguing the equivalent of whether or not Spiderman REALLY exists hardly requires the equivalent knowledge of every single issue of that particular comic book...  Just say'n.  

Any who, after about 5/10 minutes they would realize that things wouldn't be going easy and after about half hour they would be working on exiting.  At this point I would ask them more questions about things I know they wouldn't pass up, how they became christians for example, and that will generally buy me about another 20 minutes or so of them listening to more of what I have to say.  When all else fails my last line would be to ask them if where they had to go, to get away from me, was SO important that they felt it was morally ok to let me, one of the lost sheep, to go to hell!  That one would always get me another 30 minutes.   

Why do I do this?  Cause I care.  I mean if you tell me reading this stuff makes you feel good well you have no arguments from me and good for you.  But when you tell me that it's true THEN I have an issue.  The example I like to use to illustrate how idiotic/dangerous  this thinking is with the following analogy: You, another friend and myself go to watch the movie "Old Yeller".  At the end of the movie we all leave sad and crying, and don't even say you didn't cry at the end you lying bastards!   In any case we all get in the car and head to a restaurant.  On the way the two of you have recovered from your sadness but I continue to keep to myself and sob quietly.  As we head into the restaurant the two of you simply chalk up my behavior to me being a pansy and enter the restaurant.  Soon you realize that there may be an issue with me and so you ask why it is that I am still sad about a fictional movie?  To whit I give the reply that it is NOT fiction in spite of your "so called evidence"!  I know this because if it wasn't true I wouldn't FEEL this way!  Now at this point the VAST majority of people would conclude that some form of psychological issue may be a contributing factor to my behavior.  But if you take this scenario and apply it to mythology worship society considers it a completely legitimate argument!  I feel it my job to show them the truth and from there, if they are ignorant, they can make rational choices in the future.  

Sadly non of the local churches come around anymore.   In any case help the lost whenever you can people and stay rational!  

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Michael A Thompson wrote:I

Michael A Thompson wrote:

I used to always talk to the mormons when they stopped by.  Didn't matter what I was doing at the time.  If I found them to be ignorant I would stop and talk with them for anywhere from 45 min- 2 hours.  Now I'm no biblical scholar , by any measure, but arguing the equivalent of whether or not Spiderman REALLY exists hardly requires the equivalent knowledge of every single issue of that particular comic book...  Just say'n.  

Any who, after about 5/10 minutes they would realize that things wouldn't be going easy and after about half hour they would be working on exiting.  At this point I would ask them more questions about things I know they wouldn't pass up, how they became christians for example, and that will generally buy me about another 20 minutes or so of them listening to more of what I have to say.  When all else fails my last line would be to ask them if where they had to go, to get away from me, was SO important that they felt it was morally ok to let me, one of the lost sheep, to go to hell!  That one would always get me another 30 minutes.   

Why do I do this?  Cause I care.  I mean if you tell me reading this stuff makes you feel good well you have no arguments from me and good for you.  But when you tell me that it's true THEN I have an issue.  The example I like to use to illustrate how idiotic/dangerous  this thinking is with the following analogy: You, another friend and myself go to watch the movie "Old Yeller".  At the end of the movie we all leave sad and crying, and don't even say you didn't cry at the end you lying bastards!   In any case we all get in the car and head to a restaurant.  On the way the two of you have recovered from your sadness but I continue to keep to myself and sob quietly.  As we head into the restaurant the two of you simply chalk up my behavior to me being a pansy and enter the restaurant.  Soon you realize that there may be an issue with me and so you ask why it is that I am still sad about a fictional movie?  To whit I give the reply that it is NOT fiction in spite of your "so called evidence"!  I know this because if it wasn't true I wouldn't FEEL this way!  Now at this point the VAST majority of people would conclude that some form of psychological issue may be a contributing factor to my behavior.  But if you take this scenario and apply it to mythology worship society considers it a completely legitimate argument!  I feel it my job to show them the truth and from there, if they are ignorant, they can make rational choices in the future.  

Sadly non of the local churches come around anymore.   In any case help the lost whenever you can people and stay rational!  

That was a funny and enjoyable read. Why not register, get a user name and intoduce yourself. New members always welcome.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
I enjoyed the read as well

I enjoyed the read as well and hope Michael posts more. He has lots of patience.

Harley, fyi he already if registered.

Religion Kills !!!

dmuwelsdkml
User is offlineOffline
canada goose

shmmutgod
User is offlineOffline

qebxnbyt
User is offlineOffline
canada goose jakker

Og her sant løsning om geniet! Det har sin faser : yrs og fashoins i tillegg til å være manifestasjoner, inne betyr ikke du være kjempefint av voksenlivet . canada-goosejakkerbutikk.com et bredt utvalg av vidunderbarn.