Pope’s Butler Indicted in Vatican Leak Case

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pope’s Butler Indicted in Vatican Leak Case

Quote:
A judge at the Vatican on Monday ordered the former butler of Pope Benedict XVI to stand trial on charges of taking and then leaking documents from the pope’s private apartment that raised allegations of corruption at the Vatican.

Mr. Gabriele, whose tasks included serving the pope’s meals and helping him don his heavy clerical robes, could be imprisoned for up to six years if he is convicted. The indictment said that he had acknowledged taking the documents.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/14/world/europe/vatican-judge-indicts-popes-butler-in-leak-case.html

Somehow I'm not surprised that instead of dealing with corruption, the church instead goes after the guy who revealed it. Typical christian reaction, shove it under the rug and toss the conciencious whistle-blowers into a hole where they can't cause anymore damage.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Quote:A judge

Vastet wrote:
Quote:
A judge at the Vatican on Monday ordered the former butler of Pope Benedict XVI to stand trial on charges of taking and then leaking documents from the pope’s private apartment that raised allegations of corruption at the Vatican. Mr. Gabriele, whose tasks included serving the pope’s meals and helping him don his heavy clerical robes, could be imprisoned for up to six years if he is convicted. The indictment said that he had acknowledged taking the documents.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/14/world/europe/vatican-judge-indicts-popes-butler-in-leak-case.html Somehow I'm not surprised that instead of dealing with corruption, the church instead goes after the guy who revealed it. Typical christian reaction, shove it under the rug and toss the conciencious whistle-blowers into a hole where they can't cause anymore damage.

Just like the Mafia, no one likes a rat. La Vatican Nostra "This religion of ours".

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog