Sikh Temple shooting in suburban Wissconsin 6 dead.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Sikh Temple shooting in suburban Wissconsin 6 dead.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/sikh-temple-shooter-was-military-veteran-who-lived-nearby/2012/08/06/648d813...

The shooter was allegedly a white supremacy right wing nut. Glad they killed him in any case.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
  Too bad the nut job

Too bad the nut job didn't attack some armed religious group like the Branch Davidians.  He would have been shot to pieces ...just like this submachine gun carrying ATF agent was... as soon as he started firing.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Brian37 wrote:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/sikh-temple-shooter-was-military-veteran-who-lived-nearby/2012/08/06/648d813...

The shooter was allegedly a white supremacy right wing nut. Glad they killed him in any case.

Ditto

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Ditto

This is most assuredly one topic we are not in dispute on.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Ditto

Unfortunately, that same conspiracy theory nutcase co-worker that I posted about that thinks the FBI was behind Aurora, Colorado, is already yammering about this being another shadowy government plot to ensure more gun control. Supposedly, he has "irrefutable evidence" (which he strangely can not provide outside of a few lunatic websites) that there were several shooters present and a whole host of "mysterious" circumstances behind this.

I REALLY need a set of earplugs on the job or need to drop some anti-psych meds in this dude's coffee.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

ThunderJones
atheist
ThunderJones's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:Beyond

harleysportster wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Ditto

Unfortunately, that same conspiracy theory nutcase co-worker that I posted about that thinks the FBI was behind Aurora, Colorado, is already yammering about this being another shadowy government plot to ensure more gun control. Supposedly, he has "irrefutable evidence" (which he strangely can not provide outside of a few lunatic websites) that there were several shooters present and a whole host of "mysterious" circumstances behind this.

I REALLY need a set of earplugs on the job or need to drop some anti-psych meds in this dude's coffee.

What an idiot. I dislike people who do these types of things. You should really tell your boss or whatever that he is bothering you. Although he'll probably decide that you are part of the conspiracy and trying to suppress his amazing insights into the evil workings of the Government.

Secularist, Atheist, Skeptic, Freethinker

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Mars

Does he reckon the Mars landing is a conspiracy, shot in a TV studio?

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
x wrote:Does he reckon the

x wrote:

Does he reckon the Mars landing is a conspiracy, shot in a TV studio?

I am afraid to ask Smiling

On a serious note, I do remember him referencing how the Russians were ahead of us in the space race and something to do with the moon, but I didn't inquire.

The thing that pisses me off the most about him, is he speaks from this HIGH position like he is some sort of HUGE authority and all the rest of us are stupid.

Typical conversation example :

Him : You saw the third building at 9/11 fall right ?

Co-worker : Well, yeah

Him : Now, didn't it ever occur to you that it was odd that building was not hit by a plane and yet imploded on the inside ? ( smug look on his face)

Co-Worker : Well, um, no, I um uh never thought about that.

Him : Watch the footage really carefully and you'll see that it could not have come down without an inside rigging ? What does that tell you ? Do you follow me, are you finally starting to get where I am coming from ?

(That's the line that pisses me off the most for some reason, ever conspiracy theory argument has to end with : "Do you follow me, are you finally starting to get where I am coming from ?" Like we are all so obtuse that we can't get it).

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I go out of my way to ignore

I go out of my way to ignore people like that in a professional environment.  If they keep yammering on about some idiocy or other, I usually just change the subject or tell them I like philosophy.  That's usually a conversation killer with those types.  

I love those individuals at parties or social gatherings.  They're fun.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Tricky

harleysportster wrote:

(That's the line that pisses me off the most for some reason, every conspiracy theory argument has to end with : "Do you follow me, are you finally starting to get where I am coming from ?" Like we are all so obtuse that we can't get it).

Yeah, it does indicate that there is probably no hope of him applying critical thinking.

A relative of mine recently asserted the old 'the pyramids were built by aliens' bunkum. I considered arguing the case against, but ennui took over.

It's like fighting a hydra.

ThunderJones
atheist
ThunderJones's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:I am

harleysportster wrote:

I am afraid to ask Smiling

On a serious note, I do remember him referencing how the Russians were ahead of us in the space race and something to do with the moon, but I didn't inquire.

The thing that pisses me off the most about him, is he speaks from this HIGH position like he is some sort of HUGE authority and all the rest of us are stupid.

Typical conversation example :

Him : You saw the third building at 9/11 fall right ?

Co-worker : Well, yeah

Him : Now, didn't it ever occur to you that it was odd that building was not hit by a plane and yet imploded on the inside ? ( smug look on his face)

Co-Worker : Well, um, no, I um uh never thought about that.

Him : Watch the footage really carefully and you'll see that it could not have come down without an inside rigging ? What does that tell you ? Do you follow me, are you finally starting to get where I am coming from ?

(That's the line that pisses me off the most for some reason, ever conspiracy theory argument has to end with : "Do you follow me, are you finally starting to get where I am coming from ?" Like we are all so obtuse that we can't get it).

I just can't stand people like that. King of reminds me of some theists. This annoying talking-down to you and talking past your arguments.

Secularist, Atheist, Skeptic, Freethinker

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't understand why

I don't understand why theists like these Sikhs aren't happy to see a gunman coming to temple. They supposedly believe they are going to some kind of paradise for their great moral lives and the gunman is going for torture. So why were they all hiding in fear for their lives?

Perhaps their delusional state of mind is just as nutty as the gunmans'.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen