New card game based on computer security

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
New card game based on computer security

'Control-Alt-Hack' Game Lets Players Try Their Hand at Computer Security

ScienceDaily (July 24, 2012) — Do you have what it takes to be an ethical hacker? Can you step into the shoes of a professional paid to outsmart supposedly locked-down systems?
Now you can at least try, no matter what your background, with a new card game developed by University of Washington computer scientists.
"Control-Alt-Hack" gives teenage and young-adult players a taste of what it means to be a computer-security professional defending against an ever-expanding range of digital threats. The game's creators will present it this week in Las Vegas at Black Hat 2012, an annual information-security meeting.
"Hopefully players will come away thinking differently about computer security," said creator Yoshi Kohno, a UW associate professor of computer science and engineering.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/07/120724161014.htm

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cool!

Now how can I convince them I am an education person and get a license?

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would enjoy playing that.

I would enjoy playing that. $30 while supplies last? What technology is this based on...1980? Will they run out of floppy disks?

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote:I would

ex-minister wrote:
I would enjoy playing that. $30 while supplies last? What technology is this based on...1980? Will they run out of floppy disks?

Yeah, I wondered that, too.  Maybe it is the number of cd's - they don't want to have that many copies out or they don't want to be in the business of cd copying.  And all those labels --- one wonders why it just isn't made downloadable from one of the mirror sites - ZDNet or somewhere.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's a card game.

It's a card game.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:It's a card

Vastet wrote:
It's a card game.

I have Pretty Good Solitaire, it's a card game.  Has over 500 solitaire games.  It runs very nicely on my computer.  I didn't get that this one was actual printed-on-cardboard cards.  Sheeze......

[edit to make my meaning more clear - I hope]

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I was just sayin > >

I was just sayin > >

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.