JesusNeverExisted post split from KEWK thread

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
Posts: 693
Joined: 2010-01-03
User is offlineOffline
JesusNeverExisted post split from KEWK thread

THIS POST MOVED TO IRRATIONALITES AND SPLIT FROM THE KILL EM WITH KINDNESS FORUM.  I didn't laugh at the idea of killing Christians, and I certainly don't want that ludicrous suggestion in the Kill Em With Kindness forum.  I obviously don't support that.  I don't believe the poster supports it either.  - Sapient

 

-------------------------------

From Jesus Never Existed:

No need to apologize Sapient.

I've got an idea.

Instead of killing 'em with kindness can we just kill Christians?

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10687
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
That's not a statement

That's not a statement conductive to discussion. I don't find it particularly funny either. There has been too much killing recently for me to find any humour in this 'joke'.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
Posts: 693
Joined: 2010-01-03
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:That's not a

Vastet wrote:
That's not a statement conductive to discussion. I don't find it particularly funny either. There has been too much killing recently for me to find any humour in this 'joke'.

Didn't you see the smiley face after it?

Dude, Christians have MURDERED tens of MILLIONS of people all over the world over their crazy mythology not to mention the Pope actually gave permission to Knights to RAPE! I didn't even include all the TORTURE Christians have committed on others!

What I said compared to all that is perfectly innocent!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13675
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is onlineOnline
It is still risky. It isn't

It is still risky. It isn't like you are Mel Brooks famous poking fun of Jews or a South Park writer.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10687
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:It is still

Brian37 wrote:

It is still risky. It isn't like you are Mel Brooks famous poking fun of Jews or a South Park writer.

 

This.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hello

Hello,

It makes me happy that we are all friends.

Respectfully.

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3 ).


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1580
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
More concerned with what this thread is all about . . . .

  The only thing I'd be concerned with is  EVERYONE  take  the  Killing-Em-With-Kindness  to heart . .

 

 


JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
Posts: 693
Joined: 2010-01-03
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Brian37

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

It is still risky. It isn't like you are Mel Brooks famous poking fun of Jews or a South Park writer.

 

This.

What are you guys talking about?? 

There is nothing risky since I prefaced it as a JOKE with the smiley! Plus even if I didn't we have something called the 1st amendment in this nation! We are NOT living in a theocracy or a police state like North Korea!

I never even brought that up again!  You guys don't start acting like the looney ChristNUTS that we're all against!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10687
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
In case you didn't notice,

In case you didn't notice, noone touched your post. Not that the 1st ammendment applies to the internet.

Yet there is nothing funny about the suggesting of killing anyone. In fact, you made me post a condemnation so that I and everyone else here don't automatically come off as approving such distasteful 'comedy'.

Killing christians wouldn't accomplish anything, and even joking about it allows them to point at us and say "Look! Evil atheists want to kill us all!"

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
Posts: 693
Joined: 2010-01-03
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:In case you

Vastet wrote:
In case you didn't notice, noone touched your post. Not that the 1st ammendment applies to the internet. Yet there is nothing funny about the suggesting of killing anyone. In fact, you made me post a condemnation so that I and everyone else here don't automatically come off as approving such distasteful 'comedy'. Killing christians wouldn't accomplish anything, and even joking about it allows them to point at us and say "Look! Evil atheists want to kill us all!"

WRONG dude! The 1st amendment most definitely applies to the Internet!

Free Speech
The Issue: Do you have the right to express yourself online without fear of legal action?
The Background: The courts have said First Amendment rights do apply online. But those free-speech rights are subject to the same limits as in person and in print: You can't defame, libel, or slander another person.*
 

http://teacher.scholastic.com/scholasticnews/indepth/upfront/features/index.asp?article=f090610_tech

I certainly didn't defame anyone! It was just a general statement and with the name of this forum called "Killing with Kindness" there is joke there just waiting to happen!

 

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10687
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Wrong. The US doesn't own

Wrong. The US doesn't own the world. Your 1st ammendment is irrelevant to all but 400 million odd people. The other 6.6 billion have nothing to do with it. Just try and sue me for interfering with your 1st ammendment. The courts will laugh at you.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1580
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Divide the thread in 2 or better start deleting .. ..

   What was the title of this Thread ?  This is my suggestion .. Why not divide this thread in two after Watchers remark (Nu. Five or 'Six') and put the rest in Trollville. Or much better delete it after Watcher's remark. I know funny and this ISN'T  funny. Not even as a play on words. It seems like after Nu. Six it is spam anyhow, just a thought. I know Brian and I wont mind.

 If Mr. 'What are you guys talking about' makes a fuss maybe he can do that final thing to earn himself a Troll-Badge

 

 


Old Seer
Theist
Posts: 849
Joined: 2011-11-12
User is onlineOnline
No

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

Vastet wrote:
That's not a statement conductive to discussion. I don't find it particularly funny either. There has been too much killing recently for me to find any humour in this 'joke'.

Didn't you see the smiley face after it?

Dude, Christians have MURDERED tens of MILLIONS of people all over the world over their crazy mythology not to mention the Pope actually gave permission to Knights to RAPE! I didn't even include all the TORTURE Christians have committed on others!

What I said compared to all that is perfectly innocent!

The Europeans did. The Euros never were Christians. The Euros did what Euros always did. After about 100 AD Christianity became extinct. It's the European governments that did the killing and persecutions. Christianity combined with Central government is not Christianity. True Christianity doesn't recognize Central or man developed government. Civilization exists via the animal entity, Proper Christianity exists from the Human entity.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.


Old Seer
Theist
Posts: 849
Joined: 2011-11-12
User is onlineOnline
The Constitution has no bearing

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

It is still risky. It isn't like you are Mel Brooks famous poking fun of Jews or a South Park writer.

 

This.

What are you guys talking about?? 

There is nothing risky since I prefaced it as a JOKE with the smiley! Plus even if I didn't we have something called the 1st amendment in this nation! We are NOT living in a theocracy or a police state like North Korea!

I never even brought that up again!  You guys don't start acting like the looney ChristNUTS that we're all against!

On a forum such as this. When one logs on they log on according to the rules of the site owner. The Constitution also intends that one not harm another. If not, then what good is it. The first obligation of a US Constitutional government is to protect the people from itself.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1580
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Glad you brought up the rules ..

  Where  are we at ? 

  No one is denying 'free speech', pay attention  will you ?!?

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/32430#comment-385148

URL www.rationalresponders.com/forum/32430?page=6 Nu. 337

<www.rationalresponders.com/forum/32430#comment-385148>

<www.rationalresponders.com/forum/32430?page=6 Nu. 337>


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1580
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
JesusNeverExisted

 Hey JesusNeverExisted

   Hi

  I know and understand how this could piss you off, but try to understand 'where' that was being said. By the way, I love Memes and if you got any on your hard drive please share them . .  .  .  Now  this is out of there, nobody is calling for your Troll badge any time soon, lol. Little out of character this day.

                                                                                                                                                        ¬ Dana

 

:
 


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:The Europeans

Old Seer wrote:

The Europeans did. The Euros never were Christians. The Euros did what Euros always did. After about 100 AD Christianity became extinct. It's the European governments that did the killing and persecutions. Christianity combined with Central government is not Christianity. True Christianity doesn't recognize Central or man developed government. Civilization exists via the animal entity, Proper Christianity exists from the Human entity.

Here we go with this nonsense again.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
Posts: 693
Joined: 2010-01-03
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Wrong. The US

Vastet wrote:
Wrong. The US doesn't own the world. Your 1st ammendment is irrelevant to all but 400 million odd people. The other 6.6 billion have nothing to do with it. Just try and sue me for interfering with your 1st ammendment. The courts will laugh at you.

Dude YOU are the one being laughed at! Your comprehension abilities are horrible!

I am WELL within my rights for simply making a JOKE about a forum thread title!  Just for the fun of it I checked with a civil litigation attorney who specializes in free speech issues and your 1st amendment rights are MOST DEFINITELY protected on the internet in America!

The servers we use to connect are not in North Korea but either in the U.S. or under U.S. jurisdiction!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com


JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
Posts: 693
Joined: 2010-01-03
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer

Old Seer wrote:

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

It is still risky. It isn't like you are Mel Brooks famous poking fun of Jews or a South Park writer.

 

This.

What are you guys talking about?? 

There is nothing risky since I prefaced it as a JOKE with the smiley! Plus even if I didn't we have something called the 1st amendment in this nation! We are NOT living in a theocracy or a police state like North Korea!

I never even brought that up again!  You guys don't start acting like the looney ChristNUTS that we're all against!

On a forum such as this. When one logs on they log on according to the rules of the site owner. The Constitution also intends that one not harm another. If not, then what good is it. The first obligation of a US Constitutional government is to protect the people from itself.

Not harming anyone dude! It's simply a free speech issue and as I said I even checked with an attorney and your well withing your legal rights to make a JOKE on the internet about a forum name!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com


JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
Posts: 693
Joined: 2010-01-03
User is offlineOffline
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:THIS

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

THIS POST MOVED TO IRRATIONALITES AND SPLIT FROM THE KILL EM WITH KINDNESS FORUM.  I didn't laugh at the idea of killing Christians, and I certainly don't want that ludicrous suggestion in the Kill Em With Kindness forum.  I obviously don't support that.  I don't believe the poster supports it either.  - Sapient

 

-------------------------------

From Jesus Never Existed:

No need to apologize Sapient.

I've got an idea.

Instead of killing 'em with kindness can we just kill Christians?

You're right Sapient! I don't!

As I've said repeatedly it was just a JOKE about a forum title and I'm well within my rights to make a joke about it on the internet.  I even checked with an attorney to make sure!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4568
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is onlineOnline
JesusNEVERexisted

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Wrong. The US doesn't own the world. Your 1st ammendment is irrelevant to all but 400 million odd people. The other 6.6 billion have nothing to do with it. Just try and sue me for interfering with your 1st ammendment. The courts will laugh at you.

Dude YOU are the one being laughed at! Your comprehension abilities are horrible!

I am WELL within my rights for simply making a JOKE about a forum thread title!  Just for the fun of it I checked with a civil litigation attorney who specializes in free speech issues and your 1st amendment rights are MOST DEFINITELY protected on the internet in America!

The servers we use to connect are not in North Korea but either in the U.S. or under U.S. jurisdiction!

The 1st Amendment only protects you from government prosecution, it does not protect your comments from being deleted, moved or even altered by the forum owner. If your attorney said otherwise your attorney is incompetent. You have no right to even post on this site, you can only post as long as Sapient decides to continue to let you. The fact that Sapient simply moved your comment rather than deleting it entirely speaks volumes about the freedom of speech he allows here.  

Besides, I don't think anyone is saying you can't joke, just observing that your "joke" isn't funny and where it was originally posted was clearly against forum rules.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
Posts: 693
Joined: 2010-01-03
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Wrong. The US doesn't own the world. Your 1st ammendment is irrelevant to all but 400 million odd people. The other 6.6 billion have nothing to do with it. Just try and sue me for interfering with your 1st ammendment. The courts will laugh at you.

Dude YOU are the one being laughed at! Your comprehension abilities are horrible!

I am WELL within my rights for simply making a JOKE about a forum thread title!  Just for the fun of it I checked with a civil litigation attorney who specializes in free speech issues and your 1st amendment rights are MOST DEFINITELY protected on the internet in America!

The servers we use to connect are not in North Korea but either in the U.S. or under U.S. jurisdiction!

The 1st Amendment only protects you from government prosecution, it does not protect your comments from being deleted, moved or even altered by the forum owner. If your attorney said otherwise your attorney is incompetent. You have no right to even post on this site, you can only post as long as Sapient decides to continue to let you. The fact that Sapient simply moved your comment rather than deleting it entirely speaks volumes about the freedom of speech he allows here.  

Besides, I don't think anyone is saying you can't joke, just observing that your "joke" isn't funny and where it was originally posted was clearly against forum rules.

No, I was talking about purely from the standpoint of free speech where Vastet was totally wrong.  You ARE protected by the 1st amendment on the internet.  The attorney I spoke to has actually fought cases on this issue so he knows EXACTLY what he's saying.

I know Sapient can throw people out if he wants but he can do that for ANY reason. It's his site. I already told Sapient that he was right and it was not meant literally but simply a play on words of the forum title!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7523
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
JesusNEVERexisted

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

THIS POST MOVED TO IRRATIONALITES AND SPLIT FROM THE KILL EM WITH KINDNESS FORUM.  I didn't laugh at the idea of killing Christians, and I certainly don't want that ludicrous suggestion in the Kill Em With Kindness forum.  I obviously don't support that.  I don't believe the poster supports it either.  - Sapient

 

-------------------------------

From Jesus Never Existed:

No need to apologize Sapient.

I've got an idea.

Instead of killing 'em with kindness can we just kill Christians?

You're right Sapient! I don't!

As I've said repeatedly it was just a JOKE about a forum title and I'm well within my rights to make a joke about it on the internet.  I even checked with an attorney to make sure!

I was almost certain you were joking, just didn't want that to be the vibe of that forum.  You're all good with me.

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
Posts: 693
Joined: 2010-01-03
User is offlineOffline
Sapient

Sapient wrote:

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

THIS POST MOVED TO IRRATIONALITES AND SPLIT FROM THE KILL EM WITH KINDNESS FORUM.  I didn't laugh at the idea of killing Christians, and I certainly don't want that ludicrous suggestion in the Kill Em With Kindness forum.  I obviously don't support that.  I don't believe the poster supports it either.  - Sapient

 

-------------------------------

From Jesus Never Existed:

No need to apologize Sapient.

I've got an idea.

Instead of killing 'em with kindness can we just kill Christians?

You're right Sapient! I don't!

As I've said repeatedly it was just a JOKE about a forum title and I'm well within my rights to make a joke about it on the internet.  I even checked with an attorney to make sure!

I was almost certain you were joking, just didn't want that to be the vibe of that forum.  You're all good with me.

 

I love you too buddy! You've given all the atheists/agnostics a place to unite!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com