Running in Burkas!

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Running in Burkas!

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/19009845/saudis-to-send-2-women-to-london-olympics?clienttype=printable

Saudis to send 2 women to London Olympics

Posted: Jul 12, 2012 11:12 AM EDTUpdated: Jul 12, 2012 11:12 AM EDT  Women in black abbaya and sport shoes jog along the Red Sea in Jiddah, Saudi Arabia, Feb. 10, 2002. (File/AP/Hasan Jamali)MYFOXNY.COM -Saudi Arabia agreed Thursday to send two women to compete in the 2012 Olympic games. It means that every country competing will include female athletes, the first time that has happened in Olympic history. The move by the ultra-conservative Muslim kingdom comes after Saudi sports leaders declared that the women of Saudi sports must respect the kingdom's rules. Female competitors must dress modestly, be accompanied by a male guardian and not mix with men, Prince Nawaf bin Faisal told the paper Al-Jazirah. They must also wear "suitable clothing that complies with sharia" (Islamic law), he said. Saudi Arabia had been under intense pressure from the International Olympic Committee and human-rights groups to include female athletes. Thursday's announcement followed months of IOC negotiations. The two female Saudi athletes are Wodjan Ali Seraj Abdulrahim Shahrkhani in judo and 800-meter runner Sarah Attar. About 10,500 athletes are expected to compete in London, representing more than 200 national Olympic committees. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
I suppose it's a start

Beyond Saving wrote:

Female competitors must dress modestly, be accompanied by a male guardian and not mix with men, Prince Nawaf bin Faisal told the paper Al-Jazirah. 

The two female Saudi athletes are Wodjan Ali Seraj Abdulrahim Shahrkhani in judo and 800-meter runner Sarah Attar.

I hope the male guardian doesn't get in the way too much in the judo arena and lane 6.

Pity they didn't enter the synchronised swimming and high diving events.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh boy big woopty shit

Oh boy big woopty shit Saudis, do you really want to get with the modern world? Skip the handlers, let the women dress the way they want, and outside the Olympics, how about women driving  and voting. This little bone you are throwing is a fucking joke.

Saudi Arabia "Look we took baby steps".

We are sooooo proud of you. NOT,

Let me clue you in Saudis, women are not property to be controlled. They are EQUAL human beings and the only reason they follow your laws is because you bully them and indoctrinate them. You still treat them like property. It is 2012 grow the fuck up!

And to the Saudi women, and Muslim women in general no matter where you live. You are NOT the property of men. You DO NOT have to obey men. Men do not own you.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog