Here I Am

isis oblivion
atheist
isis oblivion's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here I Am

I'm 28 years old. I live in the southeastern United States. I'm an atheist and a liberal. I'm a mom, a career student, and very much a science nerd. I have had an amazingly interesting life. I was raised Roman Catholic and ditched it many years ago. I find it really hard to believe people still worship deities. It just blows my mind.

It's so nice to meet all of your binary incarnations. I might lurk for a while just to see what this place is all about.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome

Welcome.  Sounds like a plan Smiling

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Lurk away, post also, we

Lurk away, post also, we like science nerds, we have a few here.  Welcome.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pleased to meet you

From an old lady in the Pacific Northwest.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome! Again. lol. And

Welcome! Again. lol.

And welcome back CJ, we missed you. Smiling

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Welcome! Again.

Vastet wrote:
Welcome! Again. lol. And welcome back CJ, we missed you. Smiling

I guess you were out for a time as well.  Ah, well, RRS is an addiction, yes?

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
isis oblivion wrote:I'm 28

isis oblivion wrote:

I'm 28 years old. I live in the southeastern United States. I'm an atheist and a liberal. I'm a mom, a career student, and very much a science nerd. I have had an amazingly interesting life. I was raised Roman Catholic and ditched it many years ago. I find it really hard to believe people still worship deities. It just blows my mind.

It's so nice to meet all of your binary incarnations. I might lurk for a while just to see what this place is all about.

What is this place all about? We are all Stalin loving communists. We barbecue kittens. We record the NFL without their permission. We rip the tags off or mattresses.  But we do have an oddity here in the Libertarian atheist Beyond Saving, no one here can explain that, like nipples on men.  He knows I like him but we do despise each others economic views.

Other than that, we have a wonderful troll named Jean who believes in a god who unleashed the Tsunami on Japan not as a warning to them, but as a third party hostage to get America to kiss his god's ass.

We have former theists here. A former pantheist. And currently a really nice Jew, whom I like personally, but she cant stand me because I frustrate the heck of her.

In all seriousness what you will find is that we are a wide variety of atheists, some are library types and others like me don't mind a verbal brawl. Brian Sapient the site owner, has a very journalistic ethic about this website in "hands off" and "Let the reader decide", something even newspapers don't have today. He limits his rules to standard stuff. No spam, no soc puppets and no calls to violence or threats of violence.

You can "lurk" if you like, but jump in any time, we wont mind. Oh and I live in SE too, NC to be exact. How about you?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome aboard

Welcome to the forum. People that are knowledgeable with science are always needed ( especially since we have a handful of people here that wish to claim that not all scientists agree that evolution is a fact, hard to believe I know). 

I was raised Roman Catholic. I was very devoutly religious until quite a number of experiences ( both personal and educational) lead me to the realization that their just wasn't any evidence for god. 

The god meme was a strong one to overcome, but if I could break free of it, anyone can. 

Glad to have you here. Lurk and post often. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:Vastet

cj wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Welcome! Again. lol. And welcome back CJ, we missed you. Smiling

I guess you were out for a time as well.  Ah, well, RRS is an addiction, yes?

Heh, ya. Though it wasn't for a good reason like your absence. > >

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome Isis

I grew up in the Northeast but I live near Toronto for the past 35 years or so, Also a catholic background but from a young age I never bought into it. Welcome aboard.   

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Welcome, Isis.

Welcome, Isis.

isis oblivion
atheist
isis oblivion's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey, Brian, this is

Hey, Brian, this is aleialoura from AF.  I found this place from your signature.

Thank you all for your welcomes.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
isis oblivion wrote:Hey,

isis oblivion wrote:

Hey, Brian, this is aleialoura from AF.  I found this place from your signature.

Thank you all for your welcomes.

Which Atheist Forums? dot com or dot org? I am a member of both. I do run into a lot of people, I am sorry if I don't remember you, especially if you use a different name, and or different avatar.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Welcome to the forums,

Welcome to the forums, post early, post often, we do bite but not too hard. 

isis oblivion
atheist
isis oblivion's picture
User is offlineOffline
.org  

.org Smiling

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

You don't bite hard, shut up dude, we both bite hard and draw blood. But in all seriousness, even as such, there really is a softy in both of us we'd rather not admit to.

You still owe me a beer dude. I am a commie, I want freebies, like corporate tax cuts. MUEHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

Beyond Saving has had his shots,  so he is safe.   Brian 37   I am never sure about  but we do keep him on a leash as often as possible.  How do you like your kittens BBQ'd  deep or over easy?

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote:Beyond Saving

Jeffrick wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Beyond Saving has had his shots,  so he is safe.   Brian 37   I am never sure about  but we do keep him on a leash as often as possible.  How do you like your kittens BBQ'd  deep or over easy?

Over easy? Kittens arn't eggs. But I like my BBQ kittens like my steak , dead dead dead, cooked all the way through.

hbmbc30
hbmbc30's picture
User is offlineOffline
welcome isis

welcome im relativley new to this site myself but i have seen the troll jean on here.. hes an idiot who regurgitates mindless nonsense and comdems all atheists to hell... i dont get it he must like the negative feedback he gets....

Chris

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Those accusing eyes ..

Those accusing eyes .. 

Brian37 wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Over easy? Kittens arn't eggs. But I like my BBQ kittens like my steak , dead dead dead, cooked all the way through.

kiethmenker
User is offlineOffline
nice kitty...

spammer

luca
atheist
User is offlineOffline
i wish i had a hammer; ask me what would i do with it

isis oblivion wrote:
I find it really hard to believe people still worship deities. It just blows my mind.

I like the "binary incarnation" thing. Smiling

Anyway I'd say that there is still people that "worship deities" because in their environment everyone else does. The trend would be strong, you can't fight them all.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
And now you know . .

kiethmenker wrote:

spammer

Hey Kiethmenker

What a neat post to start off with . .   I  will  have  you  know  that cat looks just like Brian37's real life  cat at home.  And now you know . . .