Is becoming like God good or evil?

Greatest I am
Greatest I am's picture
User is offlineOffline

I would like to restrict giving God any other attribute except for knowing good and evil in this thread. Just for simplicity.

I have two quotes I would like you to consider.

“Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil.”

“Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.”

Knowing good and evil is the same as developing or gaining a moral sense. This is something that all governments and religions wish to develop in us and seems like a good idea to me.

If being perfect like God means that we must have the knowledge of good and evil, then Adam and Eve had to eat of the tree of knowledge ---- if they were to accomplish what most seem to think is a worthy goal. Morals. As God says in Eden, such is to have your eyes opened. A good thing IOW.

In the Jewish view, A & E did the right thing and they name it our elevation. In the Christian view, they did the wrong thing and call it our fall.

Is becoming as Gods, in the moral sense, good or evil?

If evil, please explain what is evil about developing a moral sense and following scriptures that tell us to be as Gods.

Regards
DL

ThunderJones
atheist
ThunderJones's picture
User is offlineOffline
tonyjeffers wrote:Old Seer,I

tonyjeffers wrote:

Old Seer,

I just realized that I/we will have hi-jacked this thread if we continue on here, so I wonder if you would like to continue this conversation(ALL ARE WELCOME of course) in a thread I started long ago that posed a simple question that no theist or christian has ever given me a reply to even outside of that thread. I will comment more over there.  http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/31970   "For araujo" -Disregard my attitude toward him in my opening post. He was an ass.

Thank you for your reply to my question. I will copy and paste it to the other thread. I hope you don't mind.

Tells me that the thread doesnt exist.

Secularist, Atheist, Skeptic, Freethinker

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
 that link may lead you to

that link may lead you to google search this site so if you are interested it's the thread "For Araujo'  posteed by me

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Ok I'll explain this.

Greatest I am wrote:
Is becoming like God good or evil? I would like to restrict giving God any other attribute except for knowing good and evil in this thread. Just for simplicity. I have two quotes I would like you to consider. “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil.” “Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.” Knowing good and evil is the same as developing or gaining a moral sense. This is something that all governments and religions wish to develop in us and seems like a good idea to me. If being perfect like God means that we must have the knowledge of good and evil, then Adam and Eve had to eat of the tree of knowledge ---- if they were to accomplish what most seem to think is a worthy goal. Morals. As God says in Eden, such is to have your eyes opened. A good thing IOW. In the Jewish view, A & E did the right thing and they name it our elevation. In the Christian view, they did the wrong thing and call it our fall. Is becoming as Gods, in the moral sense, good or evil? If evil, please explain what is evil about developing a moral sense and following scriptures that tell us to be as Gods. Regards DL

Schematic-A Picture a fence 10 feet long running north and south. You are standing at one end looking north. On the left side is evil, on the right side is good. That's a schematic of God. It is also you, as JC points out "God dwells in man". You won't find God anywhere other then inside you head and everyone else,s.  In the fence there is a gate. the gate allows you to transit to each side. This the personage from which Adam is made---the same as people today or at any other time. You are "will" meaning you can opt through the gate at anytime and become as that side.

OK, lets make Adam. Put your self on the right side. CLOSE THE GATE. Your,re Adam. You have become the image/personage of God of the components of that side. You are singular.

Let's take a look at the People after the fall. After the fall there is no Adam, except under certain circumstances. I can't say, let's have a look at Adam after the fall, because as soon as the fall happens there is no Adam, unless this also happened some other place on the planet, which is a possibility.

Schematic - X  Again there is a fence. On the left there is another fence and, also on the right.  Let's fit it into your front yard. The fences on the left and right are eight feet from the center one. Each fence has a gate. This is the schematic of civilization as it's invention "is" the fall of Adam. You are free to go through the center gate at will. But you cannot go through the gates on the left side fence. You can from time to time go through the gate past the fence on the right but that has limited usage. You'll notice that You/God are the same as before you were Adam. You have returned to being good and evil as----like God, duo.

Now then. On the left in each schematic is evil/animalism. On the right is good, human. When you became Adan you became Humane. Human is derived from Humane, and man is derived from human. What Schematic -X is-is a class system of greaters and lessors, existing on the same rudements as a lion pride, force and counter force. 

Consider the fence on the left. It has a gate but you are not allowed through it----how come, don't make sense huh. Well, that fence is civil law, and that gate is reserved for the BIG LIONS---the elite class. A class system can only exist on animal traits and that fence allows you (unless you are among the elites) to be animalistic only up to the fence. You can have money in the bank but "you" can't rob the bank, and the elites have their way of robbing the bank that snookered you into approving of. How much of an animal can you be "if" that fence was not there. The fence builders know. All the troubles of any society extends downward from the big lions. You give them the right to create war---kill on your behalf and they are loved for it, refered to as "patriotism".You want to be like them to so you can partake of the most goodies at the hard labor of each other. You'll notice they don't shovel any dirt. they don't make the cars, they don't build the houses. JC- they bind heavy burdens on you but yet they lift not a finger. Ok, you've been paying the consequences up til now so---how do you fix the problem.

How about getting back to closing the gate on Schematic-A.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

Greatest I am
Greatest I am's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for this. RegardsDL

Thanks for this.

Regards

DL