Religion versus archaeology

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Religion versus archaeology

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jul/01/timbuktu-world-heritage-site-attacked

Islamists armed with Kalashnikovs and pick-axes have destroyed the centuries-old mausoleums of saints in the Unesco-listed city of Timbuktu in front of shocked locals, witnesses say.

The attack by the al-Qaida-linked Ansar Dine group came days after Unesco placed Timbuktu on its list of heritage sites in danger and will recall the 2001 dynamiting by the Taliban of two sixth-century statues of Buddha carved into a cliff in Bamiyan in central Afghanistan.

"They are armed and have surrounded the sites with pick-up trucks. The population is just looking on helplessly," said a local journalist, Yeya Tandina.

Tandina and other witnesses said Ansar Dine had already destroyed the mausoleums of three local saints – Sidi Mahmoud, Sidi el-Mokhtar and Alfa Moya – and at least seven tombs.

"The mausoleum doesn't exist any more and the cemetery is as bare as a soccer pitch," a local teacher, Abdoulaye Boulahi, said of the Mahmoud burial place.

"There's about 30 of them breaking everything up with pick-axes and hoes. They've put their Kalashnikovs down by their side. These are shocking scenes for the people in Timbuktu," said Boulahi.

Ansar Dine backs strict sharia law, and considers the shrines of the local Sufi version of Islam to be idolatrous. Sufi shrines have also been attacked by hardline Salafists in Egypt and Libya in the past year.

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Religion is so stupid. It

Religion is so stupid.
It not only kills, it destroys.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote:Religion

ex-minister wrote:
Religion is so stupid. It not only kills, it destroys.

So how did you come to realize the TRUTH my friend?  Jesus and the bible are 99.9% mythology.  Have you been able to convert any of your clergy away from the mental illness that is Christianity?

Speaking of archaelogy you guys should check this out.  There is a book called "Unholy Business" where a researcher went to Jerusalem and documented that there are over 100,000 fake artifacts involving Christianity! She also said "There is no proof of the material existence of Jesus" since it all comes from bible mythology but no actual objective evidence!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey Never Existed

Hey,

You said Jesus and the Bible are 99% mythology. Please demonstrate this percentage via statistics. What is the one percent that is true? What are the logical justifications.

Are you sure Jesus and the Bible are not 98% mythology? You need to demonstrate your work when you do your homework or you won't pass the class.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hey,You

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hey,

You said Jesus and the Bible are 99% mythology. Please demonstrate this percentage via statistics. What is the one percent that is true? What are the logical justifications.

Are you sure Jesus and the Bible are not 98% mythology? You need to demonstrate your work when you do your homework or you won't pass the class.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Ok then it's a 100% mythology! Where are the historical sources OUTSIDE the bible myth that confirm the stories?  There are NONE!

You can't say Dead Sea Scrolls or the Koransince that is just one myth supporting another!  There are many Buddhists scriptures that support one another too!

There are NO historical sources to corrobate the bible! It's fantasy dude!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey JesusNever

Jesus Never,

Now you are saying you were wrong and it's actually 100% wrong? So if you were wrong on the 99% perhaps you are wrong about other things. Also, you have not demonstrated this at all, rather you made a complete and utter empty assertion out of thin air. It would be like me saying space monkeys have 6 fingers.

I'm confused, how did you leap from 99% to 100% without any justification needed. Was there logic in this leap or was it just an emotional leap?

When the Bible says City of Jerusalem, is there not a city of Jerusalem or is this false to? If so are we back to 99%? What about Egypt, no area in the world called Egypt? What about Pharisees? Were there never any such thing as a Jew named a Pharisee ever? If so, are we at 97%

I'm truly wanting to understanding your thinking, so please demonstrate your thoughts as to how you leaped.

Please justify your work. I will allow you to redo the assisignment. It is do by the end of the day.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Jesus

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Jesus Never,

Now you are saying you were wrong and it's actually 100% wrong? So if you were wrong on the 99% perhaps you are wrong about other things. Also, you have not demonstrated this at all, rather you made a complete and utter empty assertion out of thin air. It would be like me saying space monkeys have 6 fingers.

I'm confused, how did you leap from 99% to 100% without any justification needed. Was there logic in this leap or was it just an emotional leap?

When the Bible says City of Jerusalem, is there not a city of Jerusalem or is this false to? If so are we back to 99%? What about Egypt, no area in the world called Egypt? What about Pharisees? Were there never any such thing as a Jew named a Pharisee ever? If so, are we at 97%

I'm truly wanting to understanding your thinking, so please demonstrate your thoughts as to how you leaped.

Please justify your work. I will allow you to redo the assisignment. It is do by the end of the day.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Even a pathological liar tells the truth part of the time.  Maybe that truth percentage is one percent, two percent, who knows ?   They're still called pathological liars.  Sometimes they write their lies down on paper and call it a "Bible".   

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Jesus

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Jesus Never,

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

You have trouble understanding English dude!

The burden of proof is on the BELIEVER!! You cannot prove the MYTHICAL Jesus is real!

There are stories of Horus, Mirthras, Osiris, Dionysis, etc. just like there are stories of Jesus! That is NOT evidence of their existence!