BODYCODE introduction

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
BODYCODE introduction

bodycode introduced himself on a thread 

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/sapient/kill_em_with_kindness/765

That is a 2006 thread on treat them with kindness. So moved it here for visibility.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

bodycode
User is offlineOffline
Non-theist here says hello.

Hello all, I'm a 51 year old hard-core non-theist, however, I do "believe" in a creator due to the fact tht I've practiced mindfull awareness "meditation" since I was a 13 yr old kid, and "feel" something in the "background" radiation of my consciousness. Therefore, actually, I don't really believe in anything. I feel it happening. When I don't feel it happening, I know longer "believe".  I do realize this is almost certainly altered modulating brain chemistry that tricks me into thinking that something is going on that is "non organic" (hah! My mind REBELS against anything that claims it's outside of "nature&quotEye-wink I am however, a staunch anti "human relgion" disbeliever, in that I absolutely ABHORE systemetized, stone-aged believe systems, and that includes the religion that I was unforunately born into (Judaism).

I do not believe an interface between the Quantum All is possible between organic biomachines and "it". And, I believe that that is all we are, evolved self-aware biomachines who lucked out, and whose heridtary mechanisms imparted a just-by-chance over-wired cognitive machinery due to selected mutation (selected by natural selection) I'm a hard-core non-systemetized disbeliever who's also convinced that miracles have never occured at any time on this planet let alone any other Smiling), that The Creator works precisely through "physically creating" through purely physical processes (chemical and atomic/sub-atomic combinatorial interactions), that ALL religion is mere nightmarish fantasy the seperates people terribly, and that good and evil, though they are necessary socialized mechanisms of human conduct, has nothing to do with The Creator because the Creator  not only doesn't care, but, Good and Evil are mere human concepts not applicable to the "Great Cosmic".

So that's me in a nutshell and hope I'm in the right place on the net.

Regards all.

We're flying on a rock through space and we're lucky to be alive!

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Okay Now you guys are scaring me !!

No one is planning on changing things in 2013 ?  If so, Please reconsider and think about what little Eden (the forum) you'd will be ruining  by introducing a large serpent for people to get nailed by.  Bye

p.s-  "bodycode" assuming you are not spamming this is about the rules to this forum,  "no exceptions":

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
 bump

bump

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum. 

So, if I am understanding you correctly, you believe in some sort of creator, but do not believe in all of the trappings of religion and spirituality that come with religions, right ?  

Research strongly supports your idea that meditation IS in fact a by-product of chemical processes in the brain and cultural memes. Some good books on this subject are "Why God Won't Go Away," by Neuberg ( although I do not agree with their final conclusion that religion and spirituality makes for a more productive life. But, the first half of the book is interesting.) 

The God Part of the Brain by Mathew Alper is another good read. 

and Religion Explained by Pascal Boyar is another good one about cultural relativity and memes and their ability to catch on. 

I agree with much of what you stated, except that I personally do not believe in a creator. 

Welcome aboard. All opinions are welcome and make for good discussions. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
bodycode wrote:Hello all,

bodycode wrote:

Hello all, I'm a 51 year old hard-core non-theist, however, I do "believe" in a creator due to the fact tht I've practiced mindfull awareness "meditation" since I was a 13 yr old kid, and "feel" something in the "background" radiation of my consciousness. Therefore, actually, I don't really believe in anything. I feel it happening. When I don't feel it happening, I know longer "believe".  I do realize this is almost certainly altered modulating brain chemistry that tricks me into thinking that something is going on that is "non organic" (hah! My mind REBELS against anything that claims it's outside of "nature&quotEye-wink

Hi! I believe I have experienced pretty much the same thing, quite frequently in last years. It felt like another presence in your brain, a wordless one but definitely a loving one. Gradually the presence and a sense of myself merged together and I drifted on mystical experiences for quite a time. It started with meditation, but most of it was actually in daily life.

bodycode wrote:
 I do not believe an interface between the Quantum All is possible between organic biomachines and "it". And, I believe that that is all we are, evolved self-aware biomachines who lucked out, and whose heridtary mechanisms imparted a just-by-chance over-wired cognitive machinery due to selected mutation (selected by natural selection) I'm a hard-core non-systemetized disbeliever who's also convinced that miracles have never occured at any time on this planet let alone any other Smiling), that The Creator works precisely through "physically creating" through purely physical processes (chemical and atomic/sub-atomic combinatorial interactions), that ALL religion is mere nightmarish fantasy the seperates people terribly, and that good and evil, though they are necessary socialized mechanisms of human conduct, has nothing to do with The Creator because the Creator  not only doesn't care, but, Good and Evil are mere human concepts not applicable to the "Great Cosmic".

So that's me in a nutshell and hope I'm in the right place on the net.

Regards all.

Welcome and I'm looking forward to your opinions on other topics or deeper in detail. For example, how did you come at the idea of a creator? The basic natural forces are mostly attractive, they attract and/or combine matter and make it interact with each other, quite impersonally. OTOH, when it comes to us, we may be biologic machines, but the deeper we dig, the more we turn out to be something more. For example, there are theories that allow our neurons operate with phenomena on quantum level. 

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.