Conversations With God

Marty Hamrick
atheist
Marty Hamrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Conversations With God

Fundamentalist Christians will usually trash this guy because he doesn't hawk Christian exclusivity of salvation. Here is a Wiki article on him and his foundation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversations_with_God

Now much of his theology/philosophy is borrowed from other sources (as the Wiki article points out) and his "conversation" existed only in his head as he was alone, so it really can't be an endorsement or evidence of the existence of a personal deity.

It does, however,make for interesting reading and I would like to know what others think of him and his philosophy/theology here. Is he nuts?

"Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings."

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Marty

It all sounds schizophrenic to me, voice in his head and all. Maybe he read too meny books on eastern philosophy when he was younger. And now he is makeing a buck off it.  Stephen King once said "I could pay a psychologist a bundle to anylise and cure my psychosis but instead I write books  and people pay me a fortune to read about my psychosis."  King and Wealch seem to have the same idea.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Marty Hamrick
atheist
Marty Hamrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

It all sounds schizophrenic to me, voice in his head and all. Maybe he read too meny books on eastern philosophy when he was younger. And now he is makeing a buck off it.  Stephen King once said "I could pay a psychologist a bundle to anylise and cure my psychosis but instead I write books  and people pay me a fortune to read about my psychosis."  King and Wealch seem to have the same idea.

Well that's a much better way of dealing with a psychosis than panhandling in the park talking gibberish while wearing a tinfoil hat.

"Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings."