A reminder of the potential stupidity of theism...The tinfoilhatters

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
User is offlineOffline
A reminder of the potential stupidity of theism...The tinfoilhatters

You know...  Being in Vancouver a very liberal religiously loose and diverse city, sometime I forget  the reality that these nutbar barrel bottom theists are all around, even hear, you just rarely see them in action... lol.  A firend just had a conversation they had to bounce of me knowing I'd have some juice on the topic.  This guy was hitting her withwith the "dinosaurs never existed" ninkumpoopery and  "no animal has ever went extinc ever" and ofcourse "fossils are fake, created by the scientists who are in cahoots to disprove god,."  She's the type to not even give religious fluff any thought cuz shes had no real experience with the effects of religious nonsense, and its all so obvious to her its just tinfoilhattery she doesnt consider it much of an issue.  But she had to ask what I thought about his claims.  I cracked her up tearing it all apart, but still, she just like many had many misunderstanding about fossils/evolution/time etc...  Just enough uncertanty that this guy was able to  run his upsurd game on those in the conversation, n it just makes me so fustrated they get away with this crap most of the time n go back to their tinfoilhat jesus camps and insult the lifes work of palentologists dirty and sweaty in the field as we speak while they pat eachother on their back for their ignorance and sing more songs to invisible friends.  Sometimes it just slaps me in the face a little reminding me how widespread and bold these lunatics are, how many hands they have in things in my life,   and how easily they spit on the scientific method without much resistance and continue on to the next group puking out more verbal garbage.  I don't even know what to say to these types, theirs so much wrong with their position, its like bullshit overload:

1)-Most species who have ever lived have gone extinct moron, piles of em just recently we've witnessed and recorded, new ones everyday.

2)-Fossils found are so numerable, one dino claw collection alone fills a gymnasium with small tupperwear containers, thats just 1

3)-How could all in the field possibly be and keptin cahoots to insult the very scientific method they are bound by, and keep in cahoots  the seas of new researchers gradutaing everyday getting their hands dirty in the field making their own discoveries?

4)-Fossil finds are not just for scientists, anyone with a shovel can and many have found all kinds of this stuff, even in their own backyard...

5)-WTF is the reason behind a researcher and all in the field for that matter spending their entire career hoaxing and lying about fake fossils,a nd how has no one (from your tinfoil hat camp for example) been able to expose them?

6)-How dare you consider your tinfoilhat group atall relevant enough that scientists would actually put effort into disproving it as if they give a shit about your holybook while they brush of the skull of a never before seen species of dinosaur (wait a hoax skull ofcourse lol), it's fricken rediculous you nutbar.

6)-What the heck does the existence of dinosaurs or evolution have to do with a possible creator of the universe?  It only rains on your silly creation myths parade you defend so emotionally, a creator could have very well designed evolution into the game as a way of creating live so unpredictable and diverse even he couldn't predict all the exact resulting species.   And what more clever possibility I find...to set in motion a natural process that results in diverse life even the creator wasn't able to fully predict giving his creation some mystery even to him.

And on and on we could all go...  But it doesnt matter, you could reason all of this with him, tomorow as sure as dawn, he'll be back at his tinfoil hat camp high-fiving other religitards about their understanding of the great secret conspiracy that threatens tinfoilhat tuesdays...lol  What to do?  should we just hit him with a frying pan or something?  It's so gear grinding, dammit, ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Curious 'bout three things ..

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

You know...  Being in Vancouver a very liberal religiously loose and diverse city, sometime I forget  the reality that these nutbar barrel bottom theists are all around, even hear, you just rarely see them in action... lol.  A firend just had a conversation they had to bounce of me knowing I'd have some juice on the topic.  This guy was hitting her with the "dinosaurs never existed" ninkumpoopery and  "no animal has ever went extinct ever" ..

It only rains on your silly creation myths parade you defend so emotionally, a creator could have very well designed evolution into the game as a way of creating live so unpredictable and diverse even he couldn't predict all the exact resulting species.  

It's so gear grinding, dammit, ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Where is the investigation? Would ICR know there's  a  real difference between "using the scientific method in the present - what's called operational science - and one's origin beliefs"?  Well? The origin's beliefs of ICR are all about denial and ignorance.  Is the expectation  dumb  to insist on the presentation of the scientific method, and all it is about  'valid evidence' (whether it came from fossil sites, or laboratories, or archaeological sites, or what have you) ?

Curious about three things. VERY overly simplified questions. One, Are they suggesting there wasnt enough time for species to evolve ? Doesnt habitat play a role in what species can be supported ? Thirdly, From all the extant species; how do you fit all these species into a YEC timeline (asking, doesnt a species need time to eat and to grow and to pass along its' genes) ? Extinction in record numbers [ in record time ] Finally Which 'actual' species (on the earth) were surviving near the time of Noah ?  Speciation from ?!?

Many people who use biological data to support an old-earth position believe that the appearance of millions of animal species does not support a young earth interpretation of creation. Nor do they think that a recent global Flood would support the existence of a great number of animals today ..

Geographical isolation is one of the best understood events and likely the most common. Geographical isolation results when two variations of the same kind of animal migrate and become separated by a geographical barrier preventing the two animal variations (species) from having contact and interbreeding. Once completely separated, the two populations of animals possess variations of some genes, resulting in two "species"  ..There are more examples of how different kinds of reproductive isolation cause speciation from a common kind of animal. Speciation events are documented for nearly every kind of animal that has been described ..This evidence indicates that most species had a common ancestor from which similar species have descended. This might appear as evolution, but it is not. How this would happen without evolution can be illustrated by considering the descendants of the animals aboard Noah's Ark. Some people who object to a recent-creation interpretation of Genesis point to the fact that such a view requires that all modern animal species on earth must have descended from these same species saved on the Ark.  Surely this would require a faster evolutionary rate than even the most ardent evolutionist would propose. However, it is not correct to assume that a few thousand species would have produced the millions of species extant (alive) today. Of those that were represented on the Ark. Evolution, defined as large-scale changes that produce one kind of organism from another kind, is not capable of producing the millions of species observed today [in the time-frame given]: 

5 November 2005

Several years ago: In the Carboniferous, Kansas, USA
    Oxygen Content: 40% above today Hazards: 'Giant' insects   --  The second question, To cite an example, in forests of the Carboniferous. Would not you require a  higher oxygen content in the atmosphere, for 'giant' land arthropods to evolved, such as a Mesothelae (a member of the primitive spider suborder)?  Or 'Giant' Meganeura; a dragonfly and Arthropleura; Reptiliomorphs  or  Proterogyrinus?.                          
      Simply, In all particular Giant Insects, for Giant Insect support, when has the oxygen level shift(ed) to such extremes within the YEC timeline on this planet ? Can you find some reason for the change in its' levels for them/these ?