Very odd dreams last night. lol.

Zeeboe
User is offlineOffline
Very odd dreams last night. lol.

It was the 1800's and the roles between white and black people were reversed - We white people were the slaves, and black people were the masters and rulers of the U.S.A. Only thing I remember about the dream is I was traveling with a large group of dirty white people who were dressed like how slaves dressed in the 1800's, and it was late at night, it was out in rural woods, and we were outside, in these large bushes as some angry black men with torches and whips riding on horses came looking for us.

100% real dream. lol. Do I have feelings of white guilt? Am I wishing I were black so I could have an excuse to feel like a victim? Am I looking for someone to blame? Do I just read about a lot of history and think about it a lot which is what lead to the dream? Perhaps also I have a fear of my privacy being invaded maybe? Which explains why I was hiding, and on the run. I've actually had a lot of dreams come to think of it where I am running and/or hiding from a small or large group of angry people

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
It reminds me of this banned

It reminds me of this banned commercial that ran on South Africas public TV channels.  In it the positions of whites and blacks are reversed. The whites are poor and mistrusted and looked down upon while the blacks are rich etc. With all the racial tension in South Africa it is not surprising it got banned but it is actually well worth a watch, here it is. 

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tapey wrote:It reminds me of

Tapey wrote:

It reminds me of this banned commercial that ran on South Africas public TV channels.  In it the positions of whites and blacks are reversed. The whites are poor and mistrusted and looked down upon while the blacks are rich etc. With all the racial tension in South Africa it is not surprising it got banned but it is actually well worth a watch, here it is. 

Wow. How accurate of a portrayal is that commercial and who sponsored putting it on the air ? I could not translate the language at the end. What did it say and what was the message it was trying to convey ? I mean, the racial overtones were obvious, but was this commercial for ?

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:Tapey

harleysportster wrote:

Tapey wrote:

Wow. How accurate of a portrayal is that commercial and who sponsored putting it on the air ? I could not translate the language at the end. What did it say and what was the message it was trying to convey ? I mean, the racial overtones were obvious, but was this commercial for ?

It is very accurate I would say, South Africa is a strange place to live. The traditionally white areas look just like wealthy areas of any first world nation and that video shows what the poor areas look like. Where I live it is far from rich but I do ok, but 5 minutes drive from me is miles and miles as shack dwellers.  Easily 1k+ people living in shacks.

How people are treated it is still pretty accurate. Obviously its a bit put on but yeah you do get rich people taken on tour of poor areas but thats mainly forgieners not locals. See a shady looking black guy you bet I am going to lock my car highjacking rates are crazy high here, sounds racist but it is just common sense. Yes there is a lot of mistrust. Everything you see in the commercial is pretty accurate.

It was put on air by the public broadcaster, no one paid for it I believe. This effectively means that the government put it on air. I assume they put it on air so people would see the situation from a different persective. I really dont know though.

I assume you mean Mazansi? Its a slang word meaning south but it is also used as slang for South Africa. So take another look at South Africa.

Ya mampela means the real thing, its the tv channel slogan

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.