Is Communism a religion?

Jeremiah
Theist
Posts: 29
Joined: 2012-06-14
User is offlineOffline
Is Communism a religion?

 

 

Is Communism a religion?  The word Communism in itself is vague.  It is taken to mean only an economic system in which everyone will work according to his abilities and will receive according to his needs.  There will be no state, no division of the world into countries, and no social classes, because production belongs to mankind.  With that said, do you believe Commmunism is a religion?  If the followers claim to be atheists?  It does appear that Communism has all the components of a religion.  They have a bible, they have a church, they have a membership, they have a creed, they have an inner circle which is the core group unknown to the rest of the world and they have titled their inner circle an organisation called "hell".  One would think they would have titled it the Society for the betterment of the poor.  The spiritual father of Communism is Charles Darwin.  This we know as Marx declared him to be so.  * Charles Darwin's cousin Sir Francis Galt was the spiritual father for Nazism and was the founder of Eugenics as a matter of interest thought I'd mention it.  

 

 One thing that isn't well known about Charles Darwin is that on his deathbed he repented and accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior.  He did.    I have also learned recently that Anton Lavey cried out for mercy on his deathbed claiming something was definitely wrong as he began to experience excrutiating pain and complain of "heat" .....this event lead to his best friend who was at his bedside leaving the SOS and becoming a Christian himself.  Laveys son has also become a born again christian.........  nevertheless, let's stay on course here.  I just would be interested to know if you all consider a Communist to be an atheist when the very source of Marx philosophy was founded on his hatred of God and his decision to follow Satan.  As some of you may already know he was a high priest and did the black mass for his own inner circle of friends.  So if you are a satanist are you a theist or an atheist?  Just curious and also if you'd desire to comment on the matter of Communism being a religion I'd be interested in reading the views of people on this board.  Thank you,   Jeremiah


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2366
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
Jeremiah wrote:  Is

Jeremiah wrote:

 

 

Is Communism a religion?  The word Communism in itself is vague.  It is taken to mean only an economic system in which everyone will work according to his abilities and will receive according to his needs.  There will be no state, no division of the world into countries, and no social classes, because production belongs to mankind.  With that said, do you believe Commmunism is a religion?  If the followers claim to be atheists?  It does appear that Communism has all the components of a religion.  They have a bible, they have a church, they have a membership, they have a creed, they have an inner circle which is the core group unknown to the rest of the world and they have titled their inner circle an organisation called "hell".  One would think they would have titled it the Society for the betterment of the poor.  The spiritual father of Communism is Charles Darwin.  This we know as Marx declared him to be so.  * Charles Darwin's cousin Sir Francis Galt was the spiritual father for Nazism and was the founder of Eugenics as a matter of interest thought I'd mention it.  

 

 One thing that isn't well known about Charles Darwin is that on his deathbed he repented and accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior.  He did.    I have also learned recently that Anton Lavey cried out for mercy on his deathbed claiming something was definitely wrong as he began to experience excrutiating pain and complain of "heat" .....this event lead to his best friend who was at his bedside leaving the SOS and becoming a Christian himself.  Laveys son has also become a born again christian.........  nevertheless, let's stay on course here.  I just would be interested to know if you all consider a Communist to be an atheist when the very source of Marx philosophy was founded on his hatred of God and his decision to follow Satan.  As some of you may already know he was a high priest and did the black mass for his own inner circle of friends.  So if you are a satanist are you a theist or an atheist?  Just curious and also if you'd desire to comment on the matter of Communism being a religion I'd be interested in reading the views of people on this board.  Thank you,   Jeremiah

 

 

 

                  That is the most misinformed piece of crappola I've ever read has an opening post.  Cousin Galt is actually Sir Francis Galton of the University of Chicago [post 1904] who promoted eugenics long after Darwin was dead. You couldn't even get the name right let alone the timeframe.  That eugenics crap comes from a Rev.Thomas Malthus who wrote on the topic of population control and human engineering in 1798 [that's 11 years before Darwin was born]  Darwin was a biologist who wrote about "Natural selection"  that IS the complete OPPOSITE of Eugenics. That crap passes has 'social Darwinism' since the1940's, and Darwin  would have been appalled by have his name attached to what he considered "nonsense of the highest order".

 

 

                  Karl Marx invented communism,  without concerning himself with natural selection, Marx would have been shocked if he"d lived long enough to see what Lenin and Stalin did with his ideals. They were power mongers who used Marxism has an excuse.

 

 

                   Sorry old sport but Charles Darwin DID NOT have a death bed conversion, fundy's have been spewing that BS around for decades; it just isn't so. Where did you get that foolishness from?

 

 

 

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3178
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Jeremiah wrote:because

Jeremiah wrote:

because production belongs to mankind.

i think you mean "means of production," and regardless, it already belongs to "mankind."  the problem is, does it produce for "mankind," i.e., purely for the sake of production, not profit?

Jeremiah wrote:

With that said, do you believe Commmunism is a religion?

no, because "communism" is not a system of thought or a teaching.  it is an economic state of being.  i assume you're referring to classical marxism or marxism-leninism along the stalinist model.  in that case, the answer is also no.  it is neither a teleology, a soteriology, nor a metaphysic, so it satisfies no popularly held definition of religion.

Jeremiah wrote:

If the followers claim to be atheists?

most marxists are atheists.  many are not, particularly in latin america.

Jeremiah wrote:

It does appear that Communism has all the components of a religion.  They have a bible, they have a church, they have a membership, they have a creed, they have an inner circle which is the core group unknown to the rest of the world and they have titled their inner circle an organisation called "hell". 

who are "they"?  the chinese communist party?  the cuban communist party?  the now defunct communist party of the soviet union?  the european communists?  the fourth international?  the wobblies?  the iranian communist mujahideen?  who?

what is "their" bible?  if you say the communist manifesto, you're a dilenttantish tard in this area.  their "church"?  a party?  so the dems and repubs have "churches" too?  membership?  yes, very good, most organizations have memberships.  a "creed"?  if that's what you want to call a political program, fine, but that means there are a helluva lot more religions in the world than anyone ever thought.  as for this inner cabal called "hell," who told you about that?  robert conquest?  richard pipes?  bertram wolfe?  solzhenitsyn?  john halliday and jung chang?  henry kissinger?  a bunch of mafiosi "refugees" in miami?

Jeremiah wrote:

One thing that isn't well known about Charles Darwin is that on his deathbed he repented and accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior.  He did. 

complete and utter falsehood repudiated by darwin's own children and accepted by no credible historian.  then again, i suppose ray comfort gave you the whole conversation on cassette tape.

Jeremiah wrote:

As some of you may already know he was a high priest and did the black mass for his own inner circle of friends.  So if you are a satanist are you a theist or an atheist? 

yup, and he drank babies' blood.  same as i did the other night.  that's why the soviet union lost in afghanistan.  the devil couldn't decide which of his false religions--islam or communism--to back, so he picked islam after flipping a coin.  he explained all this to me and my evil vampire jew friends as we listened to iron maiden and barbecued a starry-eyed, blonde young republican at the local masonic hall last week.

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3193
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Jeremiah wrote:  Is

Jeremiah wrote:

 

 

Is Communism a religion?  The word Communism in itself is vague.  It is taken to mean only an economic system in which everyone will work according to his abilities and will receive according to his needs.  There will be no state, no division of the world into countries, and no social classes, because production belongs to mankind.  With that said, do you believe Commmunism is a religion?  If the followers claim to be atheists?  It does appear that Communism has all the components of a religion.  They have a bible, they have a church, they have a membership, they have a creed, they have an inner circle which is the core group unknown to the rest of the world and they have titled their inner circle an organisation called "hell".  One would think they would have titled it the Society for the betterment of the poor.  The spiritual father of Communism is Charles Darwin.  This we know as Marx declared him to be so.  * Charles Darwin's cousin Sir Francis Galt was the spiritual father for Nazism and was the founder of Eugenics as a matter of interest thought I'd mention it.  

 

 One thing that isn't well known about Charles Darwin is that on his deathbed he repented and accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior.  He did.    I have also learned recently that Anton Lavey cried out for mercy on his deathbed claiming something was definitely wrong as he began to experience excrutiating pain and complain of "heat" .....this event lead to his best friend who was at his bedside leaving the SOS and becoming a Christian himself.  Laveys son has also become a born again christian.........  nevertheless, let's stay on course here.  I just would be interested to know if you all consider a Communist to be an atheist when the very source of Marx philosophy was founded on his hatred of God and his decision to follow Satan.  As some of you may already know he was a high priest and did the black mass for his own inner circle of friends.  So if you are a satanist are you a theist or an atheist?  Just curious and also if you'd desire to comment on the matter of Communism being a religion I'd be interested in reading the views of people on this board.  Thank you,   Jeremiah

Your kidding about all of this right ? Surely your not serious. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


Jeremiah
Theist
Posts: 29
Joined: 2012-06-14
User is offlineOffline
reply to Jeffrick

From the woman who led him to Christ, Jeffrick.  I have the book on it and will have to look up the title for you later on.  I noticed that you are the top donor to the site and want to compliment you and others here on the website.  Very sophisticated!  I am definitely impressed.  Let me introduce myself.  I have been a blogger for about 12 years now on the internet and usually focus on Middle East Politics. I own 7 political boards and am an administrator on one. The others I have appointed Administrators and Moderators to as I really don't have the time for it. 

A friend of mine emailed me and told me about your board and a discussion concerning the question of grace vs law in the bible.  My response was to that but she had asked me to write here as she felt that your board needed more balance in regards to varying points of view.  I do understand the need for all points of view as it is what drives a website.  For instance the one board that I am actively administrator on has 150,000 viewers.  We have almost a thousand posts in a day and about 60 members there.  I find that one of the most important things to keep in mind with growing a website, message board, etc. is to keep it professional, stay to the topic and try to avoid personal attacks which usually result when the attacker feels threatened or cannot hold up their end of the discussion ( otherwise ) with that said, I look forward to discussions here.  Let me address some of your comments, Jeffrick.

 

Galt was a cousin of Darwin, I didn't claim they lived at the same time.  Let me make that clear first.  Also, Karl Marx was not an atheist. I don't know where you get that from but I've studied Marx thoroughly, have many of his writings, poetry, plays he had written and it is quite clear he was once a believer and left Christianity after being influenced by a satanist.  Stalin himself said that if people knew the truth about Marx they would be shocked.  There is a reason for his statement.  The real story on Karl Marx has been sealed in the archives of Russia and never released. 

 

By examining Marx's poetry, plays, correspondence, and biographical accounts Marx exposes himself as a hater of God, and therefore, a hater of Gods creatures.  Those who have suffered under communism and Marxism tell the true story of what Karl Marx really believed and it is most unfortunate that he died unrepentant of his reprehensible actions.  Moses Hess was the man most influential in Karl Marx' life.  Marx stated that Communists preach absolutely no morals.  When the Soviets in their early years adopted the slogan, "Let us drive out the capitalists from earth and God from heaven, they were merely fulfilling the legacy of Karl Marx. 

 

One of the peculiarities of black magic, is the inversion of names.  Inversions in general so permeated Marx's whole manner of thinking that he used them throughout.  Arnold Kunzli, author of Karl Marx  A psychogram, writes about Marx's life, including the suicide of his two daughters and a son in law.  Three children died of malnutrition.  His daughter, Laura, married to a Socialist Lafargue, also buried three of her children, then she and her husband commited suicide together.  Another daughter, Eleanor, decided with her husband to do likewise.  She commited suicide, he backed out.  Marx felt no obligation to earn a living for his family, though he could have easily done so as he had a very gifted mind.  Instead he lived begging off of Engels. 

 

He had an illegitimate child by his maidservant, Helen Demuth.  Later he attributed the child to Engels, who accepted this role.  Marx drank heavily, Riazanov, the director of Marx - Engels Institute in Moscow, admits this fact in his book Karl Marx, Man, Thinker and Revolutionist.  The illegitimate child that I mentioned also commited suicide.  There was a definite curse on the family which was brought on in my opinion from the dealings Marx was involved in concerning Satanism.

 

  Karl Marx was always lusting after someone elses inheritance.  In a letter Marx wrote about a very happy event in which his 90 year old uncle had died.   He refers to him as the old dog and his only interest is in any money he might receive.  He didn't have any kinder feelings towards his immediate relatives such as his mothers passing.  He wasn't even on speaking terms with his mother but merely wanted to know if he was getting anything.  He never bothered to attend her funeral.  Marx life speaks volumes about the man he really was and not the one most learn of in liberal universities, Jeffrick.  Since the Satanist sect is highly secret, there are only the various reports, correspondence that identify Marx as a high priest even by his own wife and son in two letters.  There is much more but feel free to ask whatever you'd like and I'll try my best to answer it.  Thank you for your reply. - Jeremiah


Jeremiah
Theist
Posts: 29
Joined: 2012-06-14
User is offlineOffline
Response to Iewbek

Let me address the point you seem to be in question over.  Marxism as a church.  If you will go to Volume 2 of the Works of Marx and Engels it opens with Jesus' words to His disciples ( John 6:63)  as quoted by Marx in his book The Holy Family:  It is the spirit which gives life.  Then you will read this:

 

Critcism ( his criticism of all that exists ) so loved the masses that it sent its only-begotten son (Marx) that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have a life of criticism.  Criticism became masses and lived among us and we saw its glory as the glory of the only begotten Son of the Father. Criticism did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made itself of no reputation, taking the form of a book binder, and humbled itself up to nonsense, yes, critical nonsense in foreign languages.

 

   Those knowledgable in scripture will recognise the parody of Biblical verses here ( John 3:16, etc. ) Here, Marx, declares his own works to be "nonsense" as well as swinish books.  Marxism is a religion.  and it even uses "scripture". Its main work, The Capitol by Marx is called the Bible of the Working Class.  Are you familiar with that work?  Marx considered himself "the Pope of Communism and referred to himself as such.  Communism has the pride of infallibility.  All who oppose the Communist "Creed" ( this expression was used repeatedly by Engels AND Marx) are excommunicated.  Ever heard of the term "excommunicated before"?  Of course you have.  Well, Communism uses that term also.  Marx wrote, Bukunin should beware.  Otherwise we will excommunicate him.  ( to be clear the term is used in satanism as well they love to counterfeit God in all ways ) Lets' continue.......  Those who die in service to Marxism are feasted as "martyrs."  Marxism also has sacraments:  The solemn reception in the toddler's organization called "the Children of October," the oaths given when received as "pioneers," after which they come to the higher grades of initiaton in the Komsomol and the Party.  Confession is replaced with public self-criticism before the assembly of Party members.  Marxism is a church.  It has all the characteristics of a church.

 

  Yet, its god is not named in its popular literature.  But as seen by all the evidence you'll find about Marx, it's Satan.   Who do you think Saul Alinsky dedicated his book, Rules for Radicals, to?  Lucifer.  Why did he dedicate the book to Lucifer?  Because he said he was the first radical to win a kingdom.  The problem with this idea is that Satan didn't actually win a Kingdom.  He lost one.  And he is hoping like crazy he can cause you to lose your chance at that Kingdom because his envy of your opportunity rivals the very gates of hell for your soul.  Those are the facts.  I am happy to meet you and look forward to discussing whatever you desire.  Thanks for reading. - Jeremiah   p.s.  in answer to your question about the organisation called hell?  It was founded in 1872, a revolutionary society and was formed under the simple name the organization which had a super secret inner circle called "Hell".  Its existence was unknown to the outer world but over the years stories emerged.  Like this one:

 

In 1965, In Revolutionist Underground in Russia, E.S. Vilenskaia wrote:  "Hell" was the name of the center above the secret organisation, which not only used terror against monarchy, but also had punitive functions towards its members of the secret society.  In another writing called Netchaiev, one of the members of "Hell" took it upon himself to poison his own father in order to give the organisation his inheritance.  Tcherishevesky, who belonged to the movement, wrote, I'll participate in revolution; I am not afraid by dirt, by drunkards with sticks, by slaughter.  We don't care if we have to shed thrice as much blood as rebels in the French revolutino.  So what if we have to kill a hundred thousand farmers?  Members of the hell organisation have this proclamation amongst themselves:  We are not afraid that we might find out three times more blood will have to be shed for the overthrowing of the existing order.  If for the fulfillment of our objectives we had to slaughter one hundred thousand landlords, we would not be afraid of that either.  We would not be afraid is a key slogan with them.  Sound familiar?  It should!  Its at America's front door step right now......

 


Jeremiah
Theist
Posts: 29
Joined: 2012-06-14
User is offlineOffline
Response to Iewbek

Let me address the point you seem to be in question over.  Marxism as a church.  If you will go to Volume 2 of the Works of Marx and Engels it opens with Jesus' words to His disciples ( John 6:63)  as quoted by Marx in his book The Holy Family:  It is the spirit which gives life.  Then you will read this:

 

Critcism ( his criticism of all that exists ) so loved the masses that it sent its only-begotten son (Marx) that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have a life of criticism.  Criticism became masses and lived among us and we saw its glory as the glory of the only begotten Son of the Father. Criticism did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made itself of no reputation, taking the form of a book binder, and humbled itself up to nonsense, yes, critical nonsense in foreign languages.

 

   Those knowledgable in scripture will recognise the parody of Biblical verses here ( John 3:16, etc. ) Here, Marx, declares his own works to be "nonsense" as well as swinish books.  Marxism is a religion.  and it even uses "scripture". Its main work, The Capitol by Marx is called the Bible of the Working Class.  Are you familiar with that work?  Marx considered himself "the Pope of Communism and referred to himself as such.  Communism has the pride of infallibility.  All who oppose the Communist "Creed" ( this expression was used repeatedly by Engels AND Marx) are excommunicated.  Ever heard of the term "excommunicated before"?  Of course you have.  Well, Communism uses that term also.  Marx wrote, Bukunin should beware.  Otherwise we will excommunicate him.  ( to be clear the term is used in satanism as well they love to counterfeit God in all ways ) Lets' continue.......  Those who die in service to Marxism are feasted as "martyrs."  Marxism also has sacraments:  The solemn reception in the toddler's organization called "the Children of October," the oaths given when received as "pioneers," after which they come to the higher grades of initiaton in the Komsomol and the Party.  Confession is replaced with public self-criticism before the assembly of Party members.  Marxism is a church.  It has all the characteristics of a church.

 

  Yet, its god is not named in its popular literature.  But as seen by all the evidence you'll find about Marx, it's Satan.   Who do you think Saul Alinsky dedicated his book, Rules for Radicals, to?  Lucifer.  Why did he dedicate the book to Lucifer?  Because he said he was the first radical to win a kingdom.  The problem with this idea is that Satan didn't actually win a Kingdom.  He lost one.  And he is hoping like crazy he can cause you to lose your chance at that Kingdom because his envy of your opportunity rivals the very gates of hell for your soul.  Those are the facts.  I am happy to meet you and look forward to discussing whatever you desire.  Thanks for reading. - Jeremiah   p.s.  in answer to your question about the organisation called hell?  It was founded in 1872, a revolutionary society and was formed under the simple name the organization which had a super secret inner circle called "Hell".  Its existence was unknown to the outer world but over the years stories emerged.  Like this one:

 

In 1965, In Revolutionist Underground in Russia, E.S. Vilenskaia wrote:  "Hell" was the name of the center above the secret organisation, which not only used terror against monarchy, but also had punitive functions towards its members of the secret society.  In another writing called Netchaiev, one of the members of "Hell" took it upon himself to poison his own father in order to give the organisation his inheritance.  Tcherishevesky, who belonged to the movement, wrote, I'll participate in revolution; I am not afraid by dirt, by drunkards with sticks, by slaughter.  We don't care if we have to shed thrice as much blood as rebels in the French revolutino.  So what if we have to kill a hundred thousand farmers?  Members of the hell organisation have this proclamation amongst themselves:  We are not afraid that we might find out three times more blood will have to be shed for the overthrowing of the existing order.  If for the fulfillment of our objectives we had to slaughter one hundred thousand landlords, we would not be afraid of that either.  We would not be afraid is a key slogan with them.  Sound familiar?  It should!  Its at America's front door step right now......

 


Jeremiah
Theist
Posts: 29
Joined: 2012-06-14
User is offlineOffline
Response to Iewbek

Let me address the point you seem to be in question over.  Marxism as a church.  If you will go to Volume 2 of the Works of Marx and Engels it opens with Jesus' words to His disciples ( John 6:63)  as quoted by Marx in his book The Holy Family:  It is the spirit which gives life.  Then you will read this:

 

Critcism ( his criticism of all that exists ) so loved the masses that it sent its only-begotten son (Marx) that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have a life of criticism.  Criticism became masses and lived among us and we saw its glory as the glory of the only begotten Son of the Father. Criticism did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made itself of no reputation, taking the form of a book binder, and humbled itself up to nonsense, yes, critical nonsense in foreign languages.

 

   Those knowledgable in scripture will recognise the parody of Biblical verses here ( John 3:16, etc. ) Here, Marx, declares his own works to be "nonsense" as well as swinish books.  Marxism is a religion.  and it even uses "scripture". Its main work, The Capitol by Marx is called the Bible of the Working Class.  Are you familiar with that work?  Marx considered himself "the Pope of Communism and referred to himself as such.  Communism has the pride of infallibility.  All who oppose the Communist "Creed" ( this expression was used repeatedly by Engels AND Marx) are excommunicated.  Ever heard of the term "excommunicated before"?  Of course you have.  Well, Communism uses that term also.  Marx wrote, Bukunin should beware.  Otherwise we will excommunicate him.  ( to be clear the term is used in satanism as well they love to counterfeit God in all ways ) Lets' continue.......  Those who die in service to Marxism are feasted as "martyrs."  Marxism also has sacraments:  The solemn reception in the toddler's organization called "the Children of October," the oaths given when received as "pioneers," after which they come to the higher grades of initiaton in the Komsomol and the Party.  Confession is replaced with public self-criticism before the assembly of Party members.  Marxism is a church.  It has all the characteristics of a church.

 

  Yet, its god is not named in its popular literature.  But as seen by all the evidence you'll find about Marx, it's Satan.   Who do you think Saul Alinsky dedicated his book, Rules for Radicals, to?  Lucifer.  Why did he dedicate the book to Lucifer?  Because he said he was the first radical to win a kingdom.  The problem with this idea is that Satan didn't actually win a Kingdom.  He lost one.  And he is hoping like crazy he can cause you to lose your chance at that Kingdom because his envy of your opportunity rivals the very gates of hell for your soul.  Those are the facts.  I am happy to meet you and look forward to discussing whatever you desire.  Thanks for reading. - Jeremiah   p.s.  in answer to your question about the organisation called hell?  It was founded in 1872, a revolutionary society and was formed under the simple name the organization which had a super secret inner circle called "Hell".  Its existence was unknown to the outer world but over the years stories emerged.  Like this one:

 

In 1965, In Revolutionist Underground in Russia, E.S. Vilenskaia wrote:  "Hell" was the name of the center above the secret organisation, which not only used terror against monarchy, but also had punitive functions towards its members of the secret society.  In another writing called Netchaiev, one of the members of "Hell" took it upon himself to poison his own father in order to give the organisation his inheritance.  Tcherishevesky, who belonged to the movement, wrote, I'll participate in revolution; I am not afraid by dirt, by drunkards with sticks, by slaughter.  We don't care if we have to shed thrice as much blood as rebels in the French revolutino.  So what if we have to kill a hundred thousand farmers?  Members of the hell organisation have this proclamation amongst themselves:  We are not afraid that we might find out three times more blood will have to be shed for the overthrowing of the existing order.  If for the fulfillment of our objectives we had to slaughter one hundred thousand landlords, we would not be afraid of that either.  We would not be afraid is a key slogan with them.  Sound familiar?  It should!  Its at America's front door step right now......

 


Jeremiah
Theist
Posts: 29
Joined: 2012-06-14
User is offlineOffline
Response to Harley

 

 

Of course I am serious.  I am stating facts here. If you'd like me to post the sources for this research I'll be happy to do that for you.  - Jeremiah


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
Theory v practice

Regardless of what any form of Marxism is in theory every expression of it has resulted in a murderous tyranny. There is no point it taking the risk of trying it one more time in hopes it might not be like all the rest.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2036
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
I will simply address the

I will simply address the Charles Darwin death bed conversion it is bunk, the only person who claimed that was Lady Hope, and both of Darwin's children have refuted that because she was not present at his death nor was she ever present during his illness, she lied and that came from his children, Darwin never recanted his scientific views.

As for communist as a religion then socialism is a religion as is democracy and any other political system. We all know it's not a religion, it s a political and economic system, but not a religion by any stretch of the imagination.


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10340
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
If communism is a religion,

If communism is a religion, then so is every form of government and every economic system ever created or imagined.

This topic could only have been started by an uneducated American theist. In my experience, they are the only ones who are so clueless.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1470
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
The Mod has it . . .

 Most people would not view Communism is religious terms, how about head over to this board with this idea?  Where is the support for this ???  If you have to go down this road you might use a word like 'cult'. Communism is utopian experiment. The results on the populous are hard to miss. I dont think you are helping yourself by your initial remarks in the least bit. Understanding of something requires knowledge and knowing the particulars. How does putting it in such a framework indicate you have the slightest knowledge of the subject. Dont tell me we are to assume this from any of your remarks thus far. Ironically, Many of the board on any side wonder at a Government's lust for control, but that would be in 'political' terms ? (( Look up my Tongue-In-cheek mini-treatise  on the color red .. it is in your accustomed 'spiritual' terms)). Utopian dream, we are a fool that find thee.

 

 


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3178
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
"communism" is the

"communism" is the apolitical form of society--which no state has ever claimed to have reached--when all the organs of state repression have "withered away," there is no centralized governmental apparatus, and the economic and labor system works according to marx's (rough) encapsulation, "from each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs."

that's it.  that's all.  any other use of the word "communism," however popular, is incorrect.

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3178
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

Regardless of what any form of Marxism is in theory every expression of it has resulted in a murderous tyranny.

patently untrue.  the modern european social state owes as much to marx as any other political thinker.  just because they don't emblazon his bearded face on giant placards doesn't mean they don't validly implement his theories.  no matter how earnestly lenin and stalin insisted they were marx's sole valid ideological successors, that doesn't make it so, and since pretty much every subsequent "communist" revolution--whether in europe, asia, or latin america--has followed the stalinist lead (invariably identifying itself as "marxist-leninist" ), that goes double for mao, kim il sung, or anyone else. 

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2366
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
Jeremiah wrote:From the

Jeremiah wrote:

From the woman who led him to Christ, Jeffrick.  I have the book on it and will have to look up the title for you later on.  I noticed that you are the top donor to the site and want to compliment you and others here on the website.  Very sophisticated!  I am definitely impressed.  Let me introduce myself.  I have been a blogger for about 12 years now on the internet and usually focus on Middle East Politics. I own 7 political boards and am an administrator on one. The others I have appointed Administrators and Moderators to as I really don't have the time for it. 

A friend of mine emailed me and told me about your board and a discussion concerning the question of grace vs law in the bible.  My response was to that but she had asked me to write here as she felt that your board needed more balance in regards to varying points of view.  I do understand the need for all points of view as it is what drives a website.  For instance the one board that I am actively administrator on has 150,000 viewers.  We have almost a thousand posts in a day and about 60 members there.  I find that one of the most important things to keep in mind with growing a website, message board, etc. is to keep it professional, stay to the topic and try to avoid personal attacks which usually result when the attacker feels threatened or cannot hold up their end of the discussion ( otherwise ) with that said, I look forward to discussions here.  Let me address some of your comments, Jeffrick.

 

Galt was a cousin of Darwin, I didn't claim they lived at the same time.  Let me make that clear first.  Also, Karl Marx was not an atheist. I don't know where you get that from but I've studied Marx thoroughly, have many of his writings, poetry, plays he had written and it is quite clear he was once a believer and left Christianity after being influenced by a satanist.  Stalin himself said that if people knew the truth about Marx they would be shocked.  There is a reason for his statement.  The real story on Karl Marx has been sealed in the archives of Russia and never released. 

 

By examining Marx's poetry, plays, correspondence, and biographical accounts Marx exposes himself as a hater of God, and therefore, a hater of Gods creatures.  Those who have suffered under communism and Marxism tell the true story of what Karl Marx really believed and it is most unfortunate that he died unrepentant of his reprehensible actions.  Moses Hess was the man most influential in Karl Marx' life.  Marx stated that Communists preach absolutely no morals.  When the Soviets in their early years adopted the slogan, "Let us drive out the capitalists from earth and God from heaven, they were merely fulfilling the legacy of Karl Marx. 

 

One of the peculiarities of black magic, is the inversion of names.  Inversions in general so permeated Marx's whole manner of thinking that he used them throughout.  Arnold Kunzli, author of Karl Marx  A psychogram, writes about Marx's life, including the suicide of his two daughters and a son in law.  Three children died of malnutrition.  His daughter, Laura, married to a Socialist Lafargue, also buried three of her children, then she and her husband commited suicide together.  Another daughter, Eleanor, decided with her husband to do likewise.  She commited suicide, he backed out.  Marx felt no obligation to earn a living for his family, though he could have easily done so as he had a very gifted mind.  Instead he lived begging off of Engels. 

 

He had an illegitimate child by his maidservant, Helen Demuth.  Later he attributed the child to Engels, who accepted this role.  Marx drank heavily, Riazanov, the director of Marx - Engels Institute in Moscow, admits this fact in his book Karl Marx, Man, Thinker and Revolutionist.  The illegitimate child that I mentioned also commited suicide.  There was a definite curse on the family which was brought on in my opinion from the dealings Marx was involved in concerning Satanism.

 

  Karl Marx was always lusting after someone elses inheritance.  In a letter Marx wrote about a very happy event in which his 90 year old uncle had died.   He refers to him as the old dog and his only interest is in any money he might receive.  He didn't have any kinder feelings towards his immediate relatives such as his mothers passing.  He wasn't even on speaking terms with his mother but merely wanted to know if he was getting anything.  He never bothered to attend her funeral.  Marx life speaks volumes about the man he really was and not the one most learn of in liberal universities, Jeffrick.  Since the Satanist sect is highly secret, there are only the various reports, correspondence that identify Marx as a high priest even by his own wife and son in two letters.  There is much more but feel free to ask whatever you'd like and I'll try my best to answer it.  Thank you for your reply. - Jeremiah

 

 

 

               You are still calling him Galt, his name is Galton, Sir Fransis Galton.  The only thing I said about Marx was that he'd be shocked by the eccesses of Lenin and Stalin.  The lady you refer to was named Hope and she wasn't there When Darwin died, she invented the story.  Marx I could care less about but he does get an undeserved bloody reputation because of Stalin, Mao & Pol Pot useing his name.

 

 

               Charles Darwin gets the UNDESERVED credit for 'social Darwinism' . He disagreed with Malthus and anyone else who considered breeding humans like farm animals, he found eugenics 'abhorent'  and yet today the greatly uninformed still try to blame Darwin for  Hitler; don't believe  me,  check out this video from Jan.28 this year, that's me and a young earther. In the last 20 minutes he pulls out that hitler was an atheist crap.;

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFLmcDSlrqc   

 

 

 

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1470
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Correction is not an injury . . . .

 

 (quote) [Defined] "communism" is the apolitical form of society--which no state has ever claimed to have reached--when all the organs of state repression have "withered away," there is no centralized governmental apparatus, and the economic and labor system works according to marx's (rough) encapsulation, "from each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs."

that's it.  that's all.  any other use of the word "communism," however popular, is incorrect.(/quote)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

  Dana's reply,   . . From Marx's famous slogan.  I DO wish we'd all adopt more exacting definitions in all things.

 

                              

One poster wrote:
  Irregardless of what any form of Marxism is in theory every expression of it has resulted in a murderous tyranny.

 Iwbiek replied, Patently untrue.  the modern european social state owes as much to marx as any other political thinker.  just because they don't emblazon his bearded face on giant placards doesn't mean they don't validly implement his theories.  no matter how earnestly lenin and stalin insisted they were marx's sole valid ideological successors, that doesn't make it so, and since pretty much every subsequent "communist" revolution--whether in europe, asia, or latin america--has followed the stalinist lead (invariably identifying itself as "marxist-leninist" ), that goes double for mao, kim il sung, or anyone else.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

   I would hate to imagine where this thread would end up if iwbief were not here to contribute to the narrative.  I am here to learn. THANKS for the two corrections, much appreciated (smile)

 

 

 


Jeremiah
Theist
Posts: 29
Joined: 2012-06-14
User is offlineOffline
Reply to I be Who be

On the matter of Marxism I believe you are correct.  Anytime you look at the History of a subject you are sure to learn the truth.

 

The same applies to Jew and Islam which is laying claim to Israel although it predates Islam by about 3,000 years.  I would like to stay on topic here however so if you don't mind, I be, start a thread on the subject of the USS Liberty and I'll be happy to respond to it.  Thank you for your reply.  - Jeremiah


Jeremiah
Theist
Posts: 29
Joined: 2012-06-14
User is offlineOffline
Reply to LatinCanuck

Where is your evidence?  You are going on hearsay and it is inaccurate.  He was indeed in the location she claims him to have been and that has already been proven.  Atheists have been known to use lies in order to bolster their claims as I am sure you are aware.  No offense intended but it is part of the creed, is it not?  As to the subject of Communism, I have given you clear cut evidence that it is and one must admit that Socialism is far more than a political system.  It leads to Communism and we can see by the erosion of our Constitution that is precisely where America is headed. Tell me if you are an atheist than how is it you would fight against a God you claim does not to exist? Would it not be similar to one beating ones fists against the air?  An act of madness?  You see Karl Marx stated clearly that he wished to avenge himself against the One who rules above.  He also stated the idea of God is the keynote of a perverted civilization.  It must be destroyed.  Does this sound like an atheist to you?  I didn't think so.  Me neither. 

 

-Jeremiah


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10340
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
"Atheists have been known to

"Atheists have been known to use lies in order to bolster their claims as I am sure you are aware."

So have theists. So in other words, you're merely describing a behaviour that is applicable to all humanity: Everyone lies.
And there is no creed, so lying can't be a part of said creed.

"As to the subject of Communism, I have given you clear cut evidence that it is"

Not only have you failed to provide anything which would so distinguish communism from democracy and capitalism, but the responses have completely destroyed your arguments credibility.

"Tell me if you are an atheist than how is it you would fight against a God you claim does not to exist?"

I don't. We don't. We fight the pretenders who claim falsely. Not their invisible friends.

"Does this sound like an atheist to you?"

It sounds like a deluded atheist of the anti-theist persuasion to me.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Jeremiah
Theist
Posts: 29
Joined: 2012-06-14
User is offlineOffline
Response to Vastet

Socrates said, Slander becomes the tool of the loser when the debate is lost.  He was correct.  You have provided not a shred of evidence to disprove what I've written here.  Try again.  But first.......

 

Before you do let me suggest a principle to you that will prevent you from every getting to the truth, Vastet.  This principle is to condemn an idea before examining the evidence.  You see, this principle alone is guaranteed to keep you in everlasting ignorance.   So let us consider the facts and the evidence, shall we?  First, let us examine some modern Marxists.

 

  First Bukaharin, a secretary general of the Communist International and one of the chief Marxist doctrinaires in this century, as early as the age of 12, after reading the Book of Revelation in the Bilbe, longed to become the Antichrist.  Realising from Scripture that the Antichrist had to be the son of the apocaplyptic great whore, he insisted that his mother confess to having been a harlot.  About Stalin he wrote, He is not a man, but a devil.  ( this was a compliment you must understand )  Too late Bukharin realised whose hands he had fallen into ( satans ) and in a letter which he made his wife memorise just before his arrest and execution, he said:  I am leaving life, I am lowering my head....... I feel my helplessness before a hellish machine............  He had helped erect a guillotine - the Soviet State - that had killed millions, only to learn in the end that its design had been made in Hell.  He had desired to become the Antichrist.  he became instead a victim of the Enemy.  As those who follow Satan will learn too late, he shares his "throne", his "kingdom" with no one.  It is a cruel trick which will leave those deceived empty handed. 

 

Similarly we learn of Stalin from his brother in law, Kaganovitch, who wrote in his diary ( published ) I started to understand how Stalin managed to make himself a god.  He did not have a single human characteristic.......  He was not human at all.........  One of Stalins' amusements was to put green glasses on the eyes of horses to make them see hay as grass.  Even worse, he put dark glasses of atheism on the eyes of men to keep them from seeing God's pastures, reserved for believing souls.  The diary itself reveals much of it:  Many times Stalin spoke of religion as our most vicious enemy.  He hates religion for many reasons, and I share his feelins.  Stalin also thinks that separation from children should be the main punishment for all parents belonging to sects, irrrespective of whether they are convicted or not. 

 

 In a latter entry he writes:  It may sound strange, but he occupied a position previously only reserved for God.  Stalin is not alone in his demand to be worshiped as a god.  This is consistent in the case of Mao Tse- Tung, another communist.  Mao Tse Tung wrote:  From the age of 8 I hated Confusius.  In our village there was a Confusianist temple.  With all my heart, I wished only one thing: to destroy it to its very foundation.  Is that normal for an 8 yr old boy to wish the destruction of his own religion?  No.  But his aspirations were to be a god and through Communism he obtain his lust to be worhsiped as one.  The Deification of Communist Leaders is no secret, Vastet.  Look at Kim Jong Il?  The North Korean people were forced to see him as God, the only God and the average life expectancy inside of North Korea for a Christian is approxiimately 4 months. 

Here is another Communist for you demanding worship as God himself:

Ceausescu, communist leader of Romania was another Stalinist figure.  He was referred to "as our lay God" In Bucharest there was a museum containing gifts brought by people to Ceausescu.  Was he worshiped as a god?  Of course he was because that is part of the Communist religion.  To make one man "God"...  and force everyone else to be subservient under him by use of force.  Its throughout history but I have given you several examples here.   Thanks for your reply.  - Jeremiah 


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3193
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Jeremiah wrote:Socrates

Jeremiah wrote:

Socrates said, Slander becomes the tool of the loser when the debate is lost.  He was correct.  You have provided not a shred of evidence to disprove what I've written here.  Try again.  

 

Slanders/ad hominems are used in an argument when personal insults and degrading remarks are used when no other arguing points are made. 

There was no "slander" in Vastet's reply. 

Merely points that you have chosen to respond to, from which I am sure that you will get responses in return. 

That's the point of a message board.

But, you should already know this, since you make the claim of having so much experience with message boards. 

Which ones might I ask ? 

 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


Jeremiah
Theist
Posts: 29
Joined: 2012-06-14
User is offlineOffline
response to Dana

If it were as you say, Dana, merely a lust for Governments control there would not be a concerted effort to remove every trace of Judeo - Christianity upon which America was founded upon.  Every trace of the God of the bible for this land.  Communism is not void of god worship merely void of any love for the One True God and therein has made Him its mortal enemy.  To be clear, Communism has through the decades made clear its objective as stated in a Communist Newspaper years ago called Vetchernaia Moskva: 

 

We do not fight against the believers and not even against the clergymen.  We fight against God to snatch believers from him. 

 

With that said, it is quite clear these are not atheists.  They are satanists and their desire is to snatch believers out of God's kingdom to take captive to Satans which is hell itself.  Therein the reason for Communisms most elite inner circle of revolutionaries to call their organisation "Hell".   Ask yourself this, Dana.  How was it that Stalin became a revolutionary after reading "Darwin"?  As a student in an orthodox seminary he obtained from Darwin the idea that we are not Gods creatures but the result of an evolution in which ruthless competition reigns.  It is only the strongest and most cruel who survive.  He learned that moral and religous criteria play no role in nature and that man is as much a part of nature as a fish or an ape.  Long live ruthlessness and cruelty!  Do you see it now? 

 

Darwin had written a scientific book setting forth his theory of origins.  It had no economic or political implications, Dana.  But though many might go so far as to concede that God created the world through a process of evolution, the end result of Darwin's theory has been the killing of tens of millions of innocents.  He therefore is the Spiritual Father of the greatest mass murderer in history.  About Karl Marx.  Marx praised Darwins book, The descent of Manas another master stroke that causes men to forget their divine origin and divine purpose.  Darwin said that man springs from animals.  Man dethroned by these two.  Satan could not dethrone God so he devalued man.  He used a man to accomplish it.  Man was shown to be the progeny of animals and a mere servant to his intestines.  Marx's son in law Paul Lafargue, in Socialism and the Intellectuals says:  When Darwin published his Origin in Species, he took away from God his role as creator of the organic world, as Franklin has despoilt him of his thunderbolt.  So there it is.  It is all new to you perhaps but it remains the truth.  I have tons of evidence for it.  Just ask.  Thank you for your reply, Dana.  - Jeremiah


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10340
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
"Socrates said, Slander

"Socrates said, Slander becomes the tool of the loser when the debate is lost.  He was correct."

Facts are facts. That you choose to be insulted by facts is your problem, not mine.

Re: Marx:

He wasn't perfect. Neither was Darwin. Neither was Napoleon or Socrates or anyone else who ever lived.
Many portions of Marx's thoughts on communism were faulty. But he died before he could see them and fix his ideas.
Instead, people took the basic premise and ran with it in their own directions, and today the term communism can refer to 50 different and distinct ideologies.
Rendering everything you've ever said on the subject into complete irrelevance.
Darwin screwed some things up to. He had no idea that there were strings of chemicals inside us that prove beyond question that evolution is true. He didn't even know what forces were at work.
Fortunately, when he died, it was science that took his hypothesis and ran with it, trying to prove it wrong.
Marx had only politicians trying to prove it right. Fail.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13396
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
To the title of the

To the title of the thread.

ANYTHING without the ability to dissent or question can and most likely will become a religion. Religion literally means "to bind". And it does reflect our species childish narcissism that manifests into politics and religion AND EVEN SPORTS.

Hockey and soccer fans worldwide are known for their after win and after loss violence. In the states even college towns have minions, like the rest of sports, who will get physical.

Until our species accepts that evolution is a range, and that every aspect of life is a range, and cannot be slapped with one word solutions, we will be stuck in a bullshit beef that needlessly goes on.

I am not delusional nor do I want a one world government. I am simply saying that labels don't matter. Neither Communism or Capitalism, or Hinduism or Christianity existed 100,000 years ago. Evolution did, and that is all our species has.

And if one can accept on a planet of 7 billion, that we are all different, but basically want the same things in food, shelter and an means to survive, then labels are total and utter bullshit that do nothing but promote division.

NOW that is not to say that labes will not happen or should not happen, just that our common humanity, and not our differences should be the focus.

If DNA is diverse, and it is, and we are diverse, and we are, and if we all want the same thing, then the only thing to do is to be individuals.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Jeremiah
Theist
Posts: 29
Joined: 2012-06-14
User is offlineOffline
Reply to Iwbiek

 

What you suggest is quite impossible, Iwbiek, as I am quoting Karl Marx himself.  Not from your liberal university textbooks, mind you but rather from historical records.  His own poetry, writings, personal letters all documented and if you would desire the sources be posted I will be happy to accomodate you.  I must once again state the principle that the one thing that will keep a man or woman in everlasting ignorance is to condemn the facts before examining them.  In fact, while refusing to examine them.  This principle alone will assure that you never come to the realisation of the truth.  - Jeremiah


Jeremiah
Theist
Posts: 29
Joined: 2012-06-14
User is offlineOffline
Response to Jeffrick

Please see my response to Dana concerning Charles Darwin.  - Jeremiah


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13396
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Jeremiah wrote: What you

Jeremiah wrote:

 

What you suggest is quite impossible, Iwbiek, as I am quoting Karl Marx himself.  Not from your liberal university textbooks, mind you but rather from historical records.  His own poetry, writings, personal letters all documented and if you would desire the sources be posted I will be happy to accomodate you.  I must once again state the principle that the one thing that will keep a man or woman in everlasting ignorance is to condemn the facts before examining them.  In fact, while refusing to examine them.  This principle alone will assure that you never come to the realisation of the truth.  - Jeremiah

Marx was WRONG, not in his intent, but for the same reason modern libertarians and even Aynd Rand was wrong. If life is diverse then it is ABSURD to slap one word solutions on a complex society.

NEITHER of them were all right or all wrong. Context matters and to me a good economy is neither a nanny state or "every man for themselves". It is like a fish tank, if the temp is too high or too low, or there is a gigantic  gap between the highest and lowest the fish die.

Life is always a mix, and what works at one point may not always work, so you have to adapt to the change. B

Name me one human who can use a single word to solve all of our species problems and every single time I will show you a liar.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Jeremiah
Theist
Posts: 29
Joined: 2012-06-14
User is offlineOffline
Response to Vastet

While it is true that no human being is without the fault of lying Communists depend upon it in order to deceive the masses. 

 

As to an atheist fighting against God, against Jesus Christ and His Teachings.  Yes, you do.  I am reading this board and it is full of examples.  Open your eyes, Vastet.  It is quite obvious that there is a violent opposition to God on this board.  He is the target here and what I am asking you once again is that if he doesn't exist as you claim then how would this website exist which was created to oppose His existence?  Do you see the irony here?  - Jeremiah


Jeremiah
Theist
Posts: 29
Joined: 2012-06-14
User is offlineOffline
Comment on Dana's comment

The truth is sovereign, Dana.  It changes not.  Man may decide to depart from the truth for many a reason but it simply doesn't alter the truth in the slightest. It remains the truth even if all should abandon it.  For this reason, it is known as "truth".  It cannot change or it ceases to become truth.  That is the nature of "truth".   With that said, the thread will end up exactly where it is right now.  Stating the truth, while others resist any attempt to examine it prior to condemning it.  Which is most unfortunate, in my opinion.  - Jeremiah


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3178
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Jeremiah wrote: What you

Jeremiah wrote:

 

What you suggest is quite impossible, Iwbiek, as I am quoting Karl Marx himself.  Not from your liberal university textbooks, mind you but rather from historical records.

i haven't suggested a goddamn thing. 

and hoss, i've been reading marx for years.  i've got the first volume of capital (twice), the grundrisse, the civil war in france, on the jewish question, theses on feuerbach, his polemics against bakunin, and a dozen other little things all under my belt.  i first read the communist manifesto when i was 14.  i studied a lot of shit in university but marx wasn't one of them, nor have i ever picked up a "textbook" on him, unless you count rosa luxemburg, lenin, trotsky, karl liebknecht, karl kautsky, ernest mandel, etc., etc., as textbook writers.

i admit, i have no interest in whatever "plays" he may have written in his juvenile years.  it seems he didn't either once he matured.  it may also shock you to know i don't give two farts in a windstorm if he was atheist, christian, satanist, jewish, if he ever celebrated a black mass, or thought he was the antichrist.  i'm not a marxist because i admire marx's character.  i'm a marxist because i'm a historical materialist and i want to see scientific socialism implemented on a global scale, and i believe in the necessity of revolution to see that come to pass.

i also don't think marx was right about everything.  marx didn't think he right about everything either, which is why he was constantly revising everything he wrote in light of new developments.  he did not leave us with a closed marxist "system."  it was those competing for the status of his successors that tried to do that. 

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4280
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Your ignorance is showing

 No communism, socialism and marxism (they all are different if similar/related things) are not religions unless you want to argue that any irrational belief is a religion in which case most of what humanity thinks is a religion and you have only succeeded in diluting the word religion to be meaningless. While there might be similarities in rhetoric, similar patterns of irrational belief and similar blindness to reality between political views and religion they are not the same thing any more than a grapefruit is an orange. 

 

I suppose every form of socialism does eventually lead to a bloody tyranny but so has every form of government ever tried by humanity. The only governments that haven't become bloody tyrannies are those that exist today- all of which are extremely young and it can easily be argued they simply haven't reached the bloody point yet. It is quite likely that over the next 1000 years every government that exists today will at one point or another become tyrannical and probably experience a violent revolution which will either succeed or be put down violently by the government. Such is the history of governance among mankind, power centralizes, power is abused, the abused class revolts and people die. With luck a period of freedom and peace might survive for a few hundred years in between. 

 

I am not convinced there is any evidence that attempts at a communist system have to necessarily be tyrannical although I am convinced that such attempts will eventually lead to near universal poverty which does tend to aggravate violence. Hungry people are far more likely to revolt than those with full bellies and thus to maintain power a government trying to govern hungry people must be more tyrannical than a government governing fat and happy people. 

It was morality that burned the books of the ancient sages, and morality that halted the free inquiry of the Golden Age and substituted for it the credulous imbecility of the Age of Faith. It was a fixed moral code and a fixed theology which robbed the human race of a thousand years by wasting them upon alchemy, heretic-burning, witchcraft and sacerdotalism.-H.L. Mencken


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3193
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Jeremiah wrote:  As to an

Jeremiah wrote:

 

 

As to an atheist fighting against God, against Jesus Christ and His Teachings.  Yes, you do.  I am reading this board and it is full of examples.  Open your eyes, Vastet.  It is quite obvious that there is a violent opposition to God on this board.  He is the target here and what I am asking you once again is that if he doesn't exist as you claim then how would this website exist which was created to oppose His existence?  Do you see the irony here?  - Jeremiah

This board is called the Rational Response Squad, not Fight Against God board. 

Name some specific examples of "violent" opposition to god on this board (not the god idea or meme, but actually god).

This website exists because people like you are constantly trying to make every Atheist out to be something that they are not and are tired of theocratic based politics interjecting their own brand of fascism into governments. This website exists for rational responses to irrational claims. 

HOW DO YOU ACCOUNT FOR THE NUMBER OF THEISTS ON THIS BOARD THAT ARE IN GOOD STANDING WITH MOST OF OUR MEMBERS ? 

I don't believe in god, santa claus, the tooth fairy, bigfoot, ghosts, the sandman, flying carpets, alien abductions, ancient aliens building early human civilizations, magic charms, magic underwear, lucky shirts, unlucky 13, numerology, astrology, crop circles and the list is ad infinitum. 

I don't "hate" nor have any violent opposition to these things. They are not real. 

You originally stated that you were "curious" what people would respond to your OP. You seem to be proving otherwise with all of these statements above. 

BTW. If there were ever an appropriate time to invoke the Socrates quote about slander, take a look at your post above. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3178
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Many portions

Vastet wrote:
Many portions of Marx's thoughts on communism were faulty. But he died before he could see them and fix his ideas. Instead, people took the basic premise and ran with it in their own directions, and today the term communism can refer to 50 different and distinct ideologies.

spot on.  as i said above, marx was constantly revising everything he wrote in light of new developments.  he did not leave us with a closed marxist "system."  it was those competing for the status of his successors that tried to do that. 

on top of that, marx spent a helluva lot more time describing capitalism than communism or even socialism.  it was lenin who latched so strongly onto the vague term "communism" (and "dictatorship of the proletariat" ), mostly in order to set his bolshevik faction apart from the mensheviks after the split of the russian social democratic labor party.

i have a lot of admiration for lenin, but i have no bones about saying he hijacked marx's name.  it was an honest hijacking--he truly believed his marxism was the "pure" marxism--but a hijacking nonetheless.

with very few exceptions, only parties that were affiliated at one time or another with the soviet comintern have identified themselves as "communist."  almost every other party that has aligned itself with marxism has called itself "social democratic," just like lenin's party was originally called.  incidentally, pretty much every european country still has a social democratic party today.

 

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5809
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Truth

Apart from deductions from the basic "Laws of Logic", we do not have access to absolutely certain truth, and definitely not to absolute certainty about historical 'facts'. All we can do is assign varying degrees of confidence to various propositions  and claims, based on careful study of the reasoning behind them and the empirical data on which they are based. The methods of Science are designed to minimise the known sources of error in any given investigation of Reality. On many levels, claims of the existence of  a 'God' of any kind fail logical and rational tests, let alone one possessing the attributes assigned to the Christian version.

The bulk of non-believers, certainly the members of this board, do not hate God, we deplore the distortions of Truth and Morality associated with such beliefs.

As already stated by others, your claims about Darwin are highly questionable, not remotely well established.

As for Communism, the philosopher Bertrand Russell long ago pointed out parallels between Marxism and Christianity. This does not necessarily make Marxism/Communism a religion, but it shares some characteristics of a religious 'faith'. It would be better perhaps to describe it as a dogmatic belief system, promising answers to many problems of current society.

Any dogmatically held ideology is problematic, dismissive of any evidence that would suggest that it may be mistaken in any respect,

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10340
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Jeremiah wrote:While it is

Jeremiah wrote:

While it is true that no human being is without the fault of lying Communists depend upon it in order to deceive the masses.

Unsupported assertion. Prove it or prove yourself as the liar.

Jeremiah wrote:

As to an atheist fighting against God, against Jesus Christ and His Teachings. Yes, you do.

No, I don't. Because neither your god nor your jesus were ever real, and your entire belief system was written by uneducated idiots in a time of ignorance. And it wasn't even done well.

Jeremiah wrote:
I am reading this board and it is full of examples. Open your eyes, Vastet.

Take your own advice. The opposition is towards the actions people of faith take, not invisible and silent deities who never respond in any way.

Gods are not our targets, because gods are mythological. You don't fight mythology. You replace it with knowledge.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2366
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
Jeremiah wrote:Please see my

Jeremiah wrote:

Please see my response to Dana concerning Charles Darwin.  - Jeremiah

 

 

 

                         Your response to Danatemporary was has uninformed and inacurate has your original post.  Your hero Marx may have had a high opinion of Darwin but Darwin had no known opinion of Marx.  You and Hitler are both blameing Darwin for something that was created and promoted by Malthus and Galton, if was the OPPOSITE OF DARWIN.   Jeremiah eugenics/master race is the complete OPPOSITE OF "NATURAL SELECTION"!!!!!!!!!

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


Jeremiah
Theist
Posts: 29
Joined: 2012-06-14
User is offlineOffline
response to Harley

Well, I have found his responses to include personal attacks on my knowledge of what I am speaking about and am addressing that in that reply, Harley.  But that is neither here nor there as it is merely an attempt to derail the discussion and I'm not easily derailed.  I have been writing on Middle East Politics, discussions about Islam, terrorism, Communism, many different boards.  Over the past 12 years.  I am not moved by personal attacks but I do find the need to point them out so that others can understand what works and what does not.  Nothing personal.   As you know AOL message boards closed permanently on February 20,2012 which by the way was also Presidents Day.  I suppose one mans misery is another mans celebration.  - Jeremiah


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5809
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Lying

Strong advocates of any belief system or ideology, whether religious, economic, social, or whatever, cannot fairly be accused of lying in their claims, even if they are factually incorrect. They are mostly simply mistaken. They may well passionately believe that what they are saying is true, so they are not consciously lying. This is an important ethical distinction.

That said, authoritarian governments and institutions may well deliberately make statements they know are not true, to support what they regard as more important goals. This definitely includes religious authorities.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


Jeremiah
Theist
Posts: 29
Joined: 2012-06-14
User is offlineOffline
Response to Brian

You answered it for yourself in the very first sentence.  Anything without the ability to dissent or question can and most likely will become a religion.  True.  Or one could call it a cult also.  Nevertheless, Communism is indeed a religion although the concept is quite new to some of you I'm sure you'll come around to realising it sooner or later. 

 

-Jeremiah

 

NOTE*  I posted a question to the Rational Activists on this board in a new thread here.  If anyone can give a rational answer for it I'll looking forward to reading it. 


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1470
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Got to be a group of Atheists so unsure they became xians :

   New guy:

  <quote=Iwbiek>  Iwbiek said, "onto the vague term "communism" (and "dictatorship of the proletariat" ), mostly in order to set his bolshevik faction apart from the mensheviks after the split of the russian social democratic labor party  ..  i have a lot of admiration for lenin, but i have no bones about saying he hijacked marx's name.  Identified themselves as "communist."  almost every other party that has aligned itself with marxism has called itself "social democratic," just like lenin's party was originally called. </quote>


  Personally I know much more about how Lenin's body was preserved than anything of consequence about the man.  I own to at least three books about  Bill Bass (Univ of Tennessee - Knoxvilles) forensic .. and founder of the famous "body farm".

New Guy wrote:
As to an atheist fighting against God, against Jesus Christ and His Teachings.  Yes, you do.  I am reading this board and it is full of examples.  Open your eyes, Vastet.

      Often times we have no clue if you are here to talk or what ? Please be assured an Atheist board is usually not a place for the avocation and defense of the christian gospel, I am unclear about what have given you the idea however that would have led to this specific idea about this board. 

 


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3178
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence wrote:It would be

BobSpence wrote:

It would be better perhaps to describe it as a dogmatic belief system, promising answers to many problems of current society.

there's nothing "dogmatic" about marxism because there's no marxist dogma.  can we please start qualifying things?  marxism-leninism or mao zedong thought have no more justified a claim on being "true" marxism than, for example, the original manifesto of the british labour party.  everyone talks about how untrustworthy the soviets were, yet funnily enough everyone, including bertrand russell, took them at their word when they said they were the only true marxists, and the communism they exported the only true marxism.

as for being a belief system that promises answers to society's problems, that sums up the very definition of a political party program.

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5486
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Is Communism a

Quote:

Is Communism a religion?

 

No


Jeremiah
Theist
Posts: 29
Joined: 2012-06-14
User is offlineOffline
response to Bob

 

I find that to be a very fair statement, Bob.  I agree with you.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. - Jeremiah


BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
Posts: 5809
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Dogmatic?

 I was really referring to the way some people hold views based on these ideas, in that they will not tolerate any kind of challenge, somewhat how certain authoritarian leaders, such as Stalin, appealed to Marx and/or Lenin to justify their actions. I acknowledge that they may have not been valid representations of the original ideas. Not that different to the way some 'free-market/capitalism' advocates can become dogmatic about their 'theories'. 

It all seems to stem from a failure to recognise the complexities, the 'messiness', of real societies and economies and the difficulties of applying any relatively simple principles to such realities.

This does not mean that there aren't people who advocate these ideas in a more nuanced and sophisticated way,

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3178
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence wrote: I was

BobSpence wrote:

 I was really referring to the way some people hold views based on these ideas, in that they will not tolerate any kind of challenge, somewhat how certain authoritarian leaders, such as Stalin, appealed to Marx and/or Lenin to justify their actions. I acknowledge that they may have not been valid representations of the original ideas. Not that different to the way some 'free-market/capitalism' advocates can become dogmatic about their 'theories'. 

It all seems to stem from a failure to recognise the complexities, the 'messiness', of real societies and economies and the difficulties of applying any relatively simple principles to such realities.

This does not mean that there aren't people who advocate these ideas in a more nuanced and sophisticated way,

i anticipated this viewpoint from you, bob, because i know how carefully you think things out.  it's just that this thread reminded me of how carelessly terms like "communism," "marxism," etc., are bandied about these days--indeed, have been bandied about for the last century--so that it is easy for crackpots to do violence to them without the majority of people realizing it.

i've often thought of publishing a sort of "marxist glossary," so that we can all start learning how to use certain terms more responsibly, but i know it would never have more than a specialized readership, and those people already know how to use the terms. 

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3178
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
allow me also to state that

allow me also to state that i'm not trying to pull a no true scotsman.  i freely acknowledge that stalin, pol pot, mao zedong, etc., were both marxists and atheists, just as cardinal ximenez, mary i, jean-bedel bokassa, and napoleon were christians.  what i take issue with is that they represent the necessary development of marxism and/or atheism, just as i freely acknowledge that albert schweitzer, hans kung, martin luther king, jr., and dag hammarskjold were no less "truly christian" than the ones i mentioned before.

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2036
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
Hearsay? I am going with

Hearsay? I am going with testament of those that were actually there, his children who were by his bedside when he died and during his illness and they clearly stated that she never visited Darwin during his illness or death, as such it is considered bunk, this isn't even up to debate really only with theists like you who deny reality and the strong evidence that she lied.


Jeremiah
Theist
Posts: 29
Joined: 2012-06-14
User is offlineOffline
response to Bob Spence

How untrustworthy the Soviets were?  Don't you mean are?  Do you really believe you can trust the Russians?  I don't! 


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

iwbiek wrote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
Regardless of what any form of Marxism is in theory every expression of it has resulted in a murderous tyranny.

patently untrue.  the modern european social state owes as much to marx as any other political thinker.  just because they don't emblazon his bearded face on giant placards doesn't mean they don't validly implement his theories.  no matter how earnestly lenin and stalin insisted they were marx's sole valid ideological successors, that doesn't make it so, and since pretty much every subsequent "communist" revolution--whether in europe, asia, or latin america--has followed the stalinist lead (invariably identifying itself as "marxist-leninist" ), that goes double for mao, kim il sung, or anyone else.

There are several governments which were implemented according to Marxist ideals, which viewed themselves as Marxist and asserted being on the way towards the ideal marxist society. The most prominent successful were the original Bolshevik revolution, Mao's, Ho's and Castro's.

It you wish to debate it to death like two jews with three opinions I will not engage. I will tentatively accept efforts towards the ideal require a murderous tyranny. I will take a confession as an admission of guilt and not quibble over degree of guilt.

The attempt to claim the benefits of a free enterprise system in Europe which has legislated financial prudence does not come any where near the end of private property nor is there the least trend in that direction. Even government ownership of the means of production is not in that direction and most governments are learning to get out of the business and that it is more profitable to sit back and tax success.

Socialism, a communal life style, is as old as recorded history. It has required voluntary membership and submission to group discipline to make it work as poorly as it did. The attempts in post Roman Europe were almost all religious until some Marx screaming failures. The religious attempts not only required membership discipline but one or two monopolies to assure them an income.

In any event there is no way Marxists can claim socialism. The idea can be found in ancient Egypt a bit before his time.

The claim of Marx to prophecy, to know the trend of history, based upon zero knowledge of economics, not much knowledge of human nature, and the entire ex post facto rationalization of dialectic materialism are only a few of it major bits of nonsense.

I have read a couple Marx's descriptions of the worker's life in the world he envisioned. They were quite similar to life in Galt's Gulch and for the same reasons ignorance of economics, human nature and imagining an idea to be reality.

What Europe does is what the land owners did for their serfs. The shake up of the industrial revolution changed things. All the government systems attempt to do it put things back the way they were. The nobility did not throw out the serfs when they were too old to work. Companies did. Government taxes companies and pays for when too old to work. And, just to put things in some kind of perspective, serfs got more holy days labor free than they get today as paid vacation. If you have a particular problem with the serf system substitute peasant.

Sorry but you really can't give Marx any credit for a modernized feudal system when in fact there are such major things contrary such as private ownership fuels the system and that there is zero trend towards common ownership.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

danatemporary wrote:

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
  Irregardless of what any form of Marxism is in theory every

expression of it has resulted in a murderous tyranny.

 Iwbiek replied, Patently untrue.  the modern european social

state owes as much to marx as any other political thinker. 

just because they don't emblazon his bearded face on giant

placards doesn't mean they don't validly implement his

theories.  no matter how earnestly lenin and stalin insisted

they were marx's sole valid ideological successors, that

doesn't make it so, and since pretty much every subsequent

"communist" revolution--whether in europe, asia, or 

latin america--has followed the stalinist lead (invariably

identifying itself as "marxist-leninist" ), that goes double

for mao, kim il sung, or anyone else.

   I would hate to imagine where this thread would end

up if iwbief were not here to contribute to the narrative. 

I am here to learn. THANKS for the two corrections, much

appreciated (smile)

I have no idea why you think mere assertion is a contribution.

I do have a sneaking trick to pull out of my sleeve.

We are talking democracies in Europe. Cite the political parties which

have formed governments to implement policies which were presented

as marxist in order to win the elections and form the government.

 

I would be happy to have other than silence as a response.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml