Do you recognize that God gains pleasure in creating evil?

Greatest I am
Greatest I am's picture
Posts: 278
Joined: 2012-03-30
User is offlineOffline
Do you recognize that God gains pleasure in creating evil?

Do you recognize that God gains pleasure in creating evil?

Revelation 4:11
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

This quote indicates that the creation of evil is an ongoing process by God and that he creates evil for his pleasure. This makes sense in that God would not create something that he did not want in the world or that would displease him.

As a Gnostic Christian, I recognize that the concept of God is all myth.

Literal and historic belief did not generally come about till about the years 80. 50 years after the death of Jesus. In fact, Jesus was not declared divine till the Trinity concept was accepted, by the force of Constantine in 380.

Having said this, I recognize why the ancient thinkers would say that God is pleased when he creates evil in the world.

Do you understand how and why God gains pleasure from creating evil and sin?

If not, why do you think God would create evil and sin for his displeasure?

If God does not do or create evil as some think, then who else has the power to create evil?

Regards
DL


Greatest I am
Greatest I am's picture
Posts: 278
Joined: 2012-03-30
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer

Old Seer wrote:

harleysportster wrote:

 

I am me. a neutral. However, you are an example of what's wrong with the world. You have no basis to complain about anyone---other then your self. I re-state --- prove my input wrong or faulty. You were born a neutral, what happened? Answer please.

 

You are both bright guys.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/babies-may-know-good-from-evil-new-study-1.511477

Regards
DL


Old Seer
Theist
Posts: 847
Joined: 2011-11-12
User is onlineOnline
If you floks are

danatemporary wrote:
teacher wrote:
For the sake of your learning and to know the situation-I am one of a group of about 30 individuals of various fields in the sciences, which include 3 in the psycho fields, 2 engineers, 2 physicists, 2 medical doctors. 1 bio researcher, 1 archaeologist, 1 geologist and others. I tell you this so you'll know we're not dummies. We've been there, done that. Most are retired or nearly so we have plenty of time to sustain the arguments and rudeness of others. We get into these arguments and and discussions for the sake of others, not our own. OK- lets get at it.
This is pretty damn conceited. If you are part of a group. You might be able to recognize this board as a group. As such, we acknowledge one another from time to time. I want touchy to realize this is most disconcerting to me that you cannot recognize the comment for what it was. Furthermore, Although easily taken as a challenge I will assume this is more in a broader context at EVERYBODY. Nothing I have written to you would warrant a personal challenge. Be more careful with phrases like "let's go" or "let's get at it". This isn't the nicest things in the world to say, but I have to give my impression "Oh" was obviously taken it a manner it was never intended. Don't go there.I have never seen anything you have written to my satisfaction. Meaning, We'd need to spend days simply defining terms, if you were to engage me personally I would have you know I would only agree "let's go" upon pain of blood and death were we to define terms. I am choosing to believe you are simply upset, which is not an uncommon occurrence at any forum. Long on claims is easy, back it up is another story entirely. Refusing to establish a case is not always the best call. That is very narrow and dare I say conceited, usually the kind of conceit the depths we scarcely know. I just wish that any of us would also recognize our own limitations. Whatever system you have uncovered and understanding you lay claim to. It derived from somewhere. We would spend considerable time citing an almost insane amount of passages from the New Testament to help establish where these thoughts have their origins in the first place. Plus, I am here to learn has been made clear. You might want to inverse your stance, with a little less conceit (or not).

going to be rude and treat others negatively what can you expect. We're not conceited---we,re trying to show you something. We didn.t come here thinking you are all stupid. The stupid part is rejecting information out of hand with no thought as to whether it be right or wrong. It' seems that whatever gets posted here receives a rude and snide remark. I was aware of that before logging on a few months back. You here aren't the only intelligent floks on the planet and neither are we. We have learned many things that we are trying to give you. But every time there's childish feed backs that leave one to wonder if we came to the wrong place, but, we know that is not the case. What is sowed is also what is reaped. Just because someone quotes the book does not make them a Christian or a Jew. We look at at it more so from a basis of history. We found it is somethi9ng more and other then what it is commonly thought to be.

We can tell you for a sureity --the US government is not going to like us and neither is the Pope, nor any other authority on the planet.

 

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1576
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Scold for rude .. moving on ..

 

Old Sage wrote:
.. going to be rude and treat others negatively what can you expect

  How about laughing at someone else's comment.  That cross you seem to be bear becomes awful handy , but now I am just inviting a scolding.


   Back to a more of your group and the others:

  From the  21st "Civil law is a "caging" of the animal drives in it's sociology by application of police forces (external). There is no authority over one another in true Christianity" 

  From the 30th  "We can tell you for a sureity --the US government is not going to like us and neither is the Pope, nor any other authority on the planet."

  This is the internet! What are you saying ? 

    Does this revolution need a slogan ? Something like 'down with power' or 'power to the people' ? Did you come up with one (even in fun) ?

                                                                                                                                                                 Silver-cuppers/ ProudUtopians

 


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3653
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
   

      

         

                             Not much activity on the forum at the moment.  I'm bored.

I'm a right wing atheist because I enjoy being hated by everyone.

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." Mark Twain.


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3312
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Greatest I am wrote:Old Seer

Greatest I am wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

harleysportster wrote:

 

I am me. a neutral. However, you are an example of what's wrong with the world. You have no basis to complain about anyone---other then your self. I re-state --- prove my input wrong or faulty. You were born a neutral, what happened? Answer please.

 

You are both bright guys. http://www.ctvnews.ca/babies-may-know-good-from-evil-new-study-1.511477 Regards DL

 

Wait a minute. I didn't write what is in that quote box above.  Not really sure why that quote is being attributed to me when it was Old Seer's quote.

 

 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


Old Seer
Theist
Posts: 847
Joined: 2011-11-12
User is onlineOnline
I've been on the site for

danatemporary wrote:

 

Old Sage wrote:
.. going to be rude and treat others negatively what can you expect

  How about laughing at someone else's comment.  That cross you seem to be bear becomes awful handy , but now I am just inviting a scolding.


   Back to a more of your group and the others:

  From the  21st "Civil law is a "caging" of the animal drives in it's sociology by application of police forces (external). There is no authority over one another in true Christianity" 

  From the 30th  "We can tell you for a sureity --the US government is not going to like us and neither is the Pope, nor any other authority on the planet."

  This is the internet! What are you saying ? 

    Does this revolution need a slogan ? Something like 'down with power' or 'power to the people' ? Did you come up with one (even in fun) ?

                                                                                                                                                                 Silver-cuppers/ ProudUtopians

 

about 6 months. The best way to go about this is for you to search out my posts, if that's possible. Then you'll get the idea. No disdrespect intended. I have to keep repeating things on different forums. 

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.


Greatest I am
Greatest I am's picture
Posts: 278
Joined: 2012-03-30
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

harleysportster wrote:

 

I am me. a neutral. However, you are an example of what's wrong with the world. You have no basis to complain about anyone---other then your self. I re-state --- prove my input wrong or faulty. You were born a neutral, what happened? Answer please.

 

You are both bright guys. http://www.ctvnews.ca/babies-may-know-good-from-evil-new-study-1.511477 Regards DL

 

Wait a minute. I didn't write what is in that quote box above.  Not really sure why that quote is being attributed to me when it was Old Seer's quote.

 

 

Best to ignore then I guess.

 

Regards

DL