If you accept this as universal morality, you will reject God.

Greatest I am
Greatest I am's picture
User is offlineOffline

http://blog.ted.com/2008/09/17/the_real_differ/

God does not follow the first rule at all.

The bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or sin.

This shows that what many thinks is our number one moral value was completely ignored by God.

Is God immoral or has man gotten morality wrong?

If God was right, then are we to believe that fathers are to bury their children instead of the way people think in that children should bury their parents?

John 6:44
"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him.”

On earth as it is in heaven.

If you had God’s power to set the conditions for atonement, would you step up yourself or would you send your child to die?

Regards
DL

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
I haven't

I haven't had a chance to watch the video yet ( I will later on today). But for years, I swallowed the whole Jesus story without even grasping the absurdity of it. 

When taken in a human analogy, look at it like this : 

Someone displeases me greatly by their wrongdoings. I let them know that there punishment will be a horrifying torture and separation from me. 

BUT, it can all be forgotten real easy. I'll just send a guy over to their house, who will proclaim himself my son, that person can kill him and I will forgive the whole thing. 

HOWEVER. There is a catch. The person who kills this guy, claiming to be my son, has to BELIEVE that he is my son, otherwise, he still gets the horrifying torture and separation. 

Yep, that all makes perfectly logical sense ( sarcasm) 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Greatest I am
Greatest I am's picture
User is offlineOffline
No argument my

No argument my friend.

Regards

DL