Islamic Exorcism Results in Torture and Death

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Islamic Exorcism Results in Torture and Death

http://www.deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws.english/news/120607_Exorcism_guilty

Guilty verdicts in exorcism trial

Thu 07/06/2012 - 11:41Guilty verdicts have been passed on all six people being tried in the so-called exorcism trial. A jury at the Brussels Court of Assizes found four of the six guilty of torture resulting in death, the two other accused were found guilty of having tortured their victim. Sentence will be passed on Monday.

The six were involved in the death of 23-year-old Latifa Hachmi from Schaarbeek (Greater Brussels) in 2004.

Ms Hachmi died at home on 5 August 2004 after suffering sustained violence as part of an Islamic exorcism.

The six people convicted made the woman drink large quantities of water, hit her and forced her under water.

The jury decided that these were conscious acts of torture and ruled that four of the six were guilty of torture leading to the death of Ms Hachmi.

The four are a Belgian convert to Islam, two women of foreign descent and Ms Hachmi’s husband.

The chief exorcist and one of his assistants were not present during the final few days of Ms Hachmi’s live and were consequently only found guilty of torture.

The victim’s brother told journalists that he is satisfied with the verdict. However, counsel for the exorcist says that his client maintains that what happened to Ms Hachmi did not constitute torture.

The four convicted of the more serious offence risk between 20 and 30 years in prison, while the two others risk sentences of between 10 and 15 years.

However, as the six people convicted were not detained, it is feared that they may go on the run before sentence is past next Monday. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I didn't know that Islam

I didn't know that Islam HAD exorcisms.  Of course, I don't know a whole lot about Islam. I knew about the five time a day prayer, some quotes from the Koran, and a few minor things, but not much else. I never really studied it. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Sounds quite like the Catholics

http://www.islam-universe.com/Exorcism.html

extracts:

Possession by evil spirits (Jinn) or the Devil (Shaitan) and exorcism is part of Islamic beliefs since its beginning.

According to Islamic scholars, "The Jinni enters the one seized by fits and causes him to speak incomprehensible words, unknown to himself; if the one seized by fits is struck a blow sufficient to kill a camel, he does not feel it." (Shaikh al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah, Majmoo al-Fatawa.)

Islamic clergy caution against the overuse of exorcism, citing that most cases are due to psychological and physical causes mistaken for possession. Real cases of possession are rare and the faithful are warned to watch out for exorcists who encourage a diagnosis of possession too quickly, as they may merely be seeking profit.

Islamic authorities also deny the possibility of possession by souls of deceased persons, and warn that evil spirits may make this claim in order to encourage sinful behavior among the living - such as tomb offerings and the hanging of amulets to ward off evil spirits.

Am I possessed?

There are simple ways to know that, but remember don't be paranoid, if you have some psychiatric diseases or other diseases that modern science can't cure, like seeing things or hearing things or suffering from schizophrenia or epilepsy then you might be possessed; listen to the Quran for an hour or so each day and if you faint or start having nightmares or headaches, then this is a sign that you might be possessed.

Personally, I think I might be possessed though as I did get a bit of a headache from reading the Quran the other week.

And more:

http://www.angelfire.com/al/islamicpsychology/exorcism/interviews/interview01.html

Q. Based upon your communication with possessing jinn, what are the main reasons why jinn possess humans?

A. The reasons are as follows:

1. Walking around the house naked.
  2. Being isolated and unprotected by the prophetic morning and evening prayers.
  3. Entering the toilet without the fortifying prayers because the toilets are among the dwelling places of the jinn.
  4. Pouring hot water on the jinnee without mentioning Allaah’s name.
  5. Going without making the fortifying prayers to areas of the jinn, like mountain tops and garbage dumps, hurting them by urinating on them or stepping on them – The jinn may then ignorantly hurt the person much more than he deserves. In such cases, the treatment involves addressing the jinnee and telling it that the patient had accidentally – and not intentionally – hurt it.

Q. Who are most affected by jinn, men or women?

A. Women are most affected because the jinn love beautiful women. They may even have intercourse with them. A case of possession was presented to me in which a Christian woman said that she feels something come upon her and she struggles with it but it overcomes her. I told her, “Accept Islaam and I will – by the grace of Allaah – remove it from you.” She refused, so I left her. Consentual intercourse can take place between them, but this would be a major sin because Allaah has created that which is suitable for each species. Thus, it is not allowable for humans to marry from the animal world.

Q. Whenever you address the jinn and invite them to Islaam, do they accept it?

A. Yes. I present Islaam to them and they usually accept.

Q. If you communicate with the jinnee and it refuses to leave, what do you do?

A. I recite many verses of Qur’aan over him. And if it still refuses to leave, I they say, “I will drive you out with severe beating.”

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Religion and justified

Religion and justified violence against women.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
x

x wrote:

http://www.islam-universe.com/Exorcism.html

extracts:

Possession by evil spirits (Jinn) or the Devil (Shaitan) and exorcism is part of Islamic beliefs since its beginning.

According to Islamic scholars, "The Jinni enters the one seized by fits and causes him to speak incomprehensible words, unknown to himself; if the one seized by fits is struck a blow sufficient to kill a camel, he does not feel it." (Shaikh al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah, Majmoo al-Fatawa.)

Islamic clergy caution against the overuse of exorcism, citing that most cases are due to psychological and physical causes mistaken for possession. Real cases of possession are rare and the faithful are warned to watch out for exorcists who encourage a diagnosis of possession too quickly, as they may merely be seeking profit.

Islamic authorities also deny the possibility of possession by souls of deceased persons, and warn that evil spirits may make this claim in order to encourage sinful behavior among the living - such as tomb offerings and the hanging of amulets to ward off evil spirits.

Am I possessed?

There are simple ways to know that, but remember don't be paranoid, if you have some psychiatric diseases or other diseases that modern science can't cure, like seeing things or hearing things or suffering from schizophrenia or epilepsy then you might be possessed; listen to the Quran for an hour or so each day and if you faint or start having nightmares or headaches, then this is a sign that you might be possessed.

Personally, I think I might be possessed though as I did get a bit of a headache from reading the Quran the other week.

And more:

http://www.angelfire.com/al/islamicpsychology/exorcism/interviews/interview01.html

Q. Based upon your communication with possessing jinn, what are the main reasons why jinn possess humans?

A. The reasons are as follows:

1. Walking around the house naked.
  2. Being isolated and unprotected by the prophetic morning and evening prayers.
  3. Entering the toilet without the fortifying prayers because the toilets are among the dwelling places of the jinn.
  4. Pouring hot water on the jinnee without mentioning Allaah’s name.
  5. Going without making the fortifying prayers to areas of the jinn, like mountain tops and garbage dumps, hurting them by urinating on them or stepping on them – The jinn may then ignorantly hurt the person much more than he deserves. In such cases, the treatment involves addressing the jinnee and telling it that the patient had accidentally – and not intentionally – hurt it.

Q. Who are most affected by jinn, men or women?

A. Women are most affected because the jinn love beautiful women. They may even have intercourse with them. A case of possession was presented to me in which a Christian woman said that she feels something come upon her and she struggles with it but it overcomes her. I told her, “Accept Islaam and I will – by the grace of Allaah – remove it from you.” She refused, so I left her. Consentual intercourse can take place between them, but this would be a major sin because Allaah has created that which is suitable for each species. Thus, it is not allowable for humans to marry from the animal world.

Q. Whenever you address the jinn and invite them to Islaam, do they accept it?

A. Yes. I present Islaam to them and they usually accept.

Q. If you communicate with the jinnee and it refuses to leave, what do you do?

A. I recite many verses of Qur’aan over him. And if it still refuses to leave, I they say, “I will drive you out with severe beating.”

Just when I thought religion could not prove itself to be more insane and ignorant than it already is, something like this comes along and proves me wrong. Religion is not as crazy and ignorant as I thought. The truth is, it is MUCH MUCH MUCH worse. 

― Giordano Bruno

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

harleysportster wrote:
Just when I thought religion could not prove itself to be more insane and ignorant than it already is, something like this comes along and proves me wrong. Religion is not as crazy and ignorant as I thought. The truth is, it is MUCH MUCH MUCH worse.

At times like this I am reminded of a conversation with a Philipino house keeper. Some how the movie The Exorcist came up. In all seriousness she said she was going to see it to study it. She spoke good Philipine English. That is what she meant. She was serious.

But as soon as I bring that up I remember how seriously the US movie audience took the movie and still does to this day. Exorcisms are still performed in this country. The Catholic monopoly has been broken. I had the odd chance to talk with Billy Friedkin and the author a couple years after the movie. No secret the story was so disguised Georgetown was about the only correct thing. And that the movie dramatized the book which was in fact a novel.

But still it convinced millions of very Christian Americans that possession was real.

On the lighter side, they are at least getting to western standards of justice with eight years between the crime and the conviction.

As to Islam, I believe it is correct the Koran is silent on djinns. But Judaism and Christianity are rife with devils and exorcism. It would be a touch incredible if Islam did not have the same thing. The difference here is the djinns are not the Devil or devils. They are elementals not wish granting genies. We do not have a direct parallel and they are different depending on where you are in the middle east.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

harleysportster wrote:

At times like this I am reminded of a conversation with a Philipino house keeper. Some how the movie The Exorcist came up. In all seriousness she said she was going to see it to study it. She spoke good Philipine English. That is what she meant. She was serious.

But as soon as I bring that up I remember how seriously the US movie audience took the movie and still does to this day. Exorcisms are still performed in this country. The Catholic monopoly has been broken. I had the odd chance to talk with Billy Friedkin and the author a couple years after the movie. No secret the story was so disguised Georgetown was about the only correct thing. And that the movie dramatized the book which was in fact a novel.

But still it convinced millions of very Christian Americans that possession was real.

On the lighter side, they are at least getting to western standards of justice with eight years between the crime and the conviction.

As to Islam, I believe it is correct the Koran is silent on djinns. But Judaism and Christianity are rife with devils and exorcism. It would be a touch incredible if Islam did not have the same thing. The difference here is the djinns are not the Devil or devils. They are elementals not wish granting genies. We do not have a direct parallel and they are different depending on where you are in the middle east.

You got a good point. I know a whole lot of people in the Catholic parish that I was brought up in that believed in Exorcism and the power of the devil. 

Every time a family in my old neighborhood bought a home, the first thing they would do was have a priest come out and "bless" the house. 

Not only was this to ensure that god was invited into the house, but also to protect the house from evil. 

Some would not come right out and say that it had to do with demonic evil and posession, but that was at the core of it. 

Most people would say that it was to ensure that the spirit of christ was within the house and good deeds would only take place within. 

About as silly as the whole Islamic thing, now that I think about it. 

― Giordano Bruno

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:As to

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

As to Islam, I believe it is correct the Koran is silent on djinns. 

the quran is absolutely not silent on jinn.  it takes them as a fact of life.  surahs 6, 18, and 55 all mention jinn, and "al jinn" is the name of surah 72, which describes a group of jinn learning about islam.

among the details the quran gives us about the jinn is that they're created from fire, they possess free will, they will be judged at the last day, some are muslims and some aren't, and some humans make the jinn "equal with allah."

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson