Rape victim denied emergency contraception

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rape victim denied emergency contraception

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

ThunderJones
atheist
ThunderJones's picture
User is offlineOffline
God Oklahoma... I live there

God Oklahoma...

I live there and it's not all bad, but we have some really stupid people, Bible belt. Hurray. (note the sarcasm)

Secularist, Atheist, Skeptic, Freethinker

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
That doctor

That doctor should lose his license and have his ass kicked. 

Like the article stated, how long will it be before christian doctors refuse jewish patients, muslim patients, atheist patients, and gay patients ? 

What a bunch of bastards to do that to a rape victim. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 My problem with the story

My problem with the story is why the fuck do you need a prescription to get the contraceptives in the first place? You shouldn't need permission from any doctor to get contraception. Remove the law requiring a prescription and the doctors personal views are irrelevant, just go to CVS, Walgreens or Walmart and buy them. When you give people this kind of power they are going to exercise it in ways you don't like. So don't give them that kind of power.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: My

Beyond Saving wrote:

My problem with the story is why the fuck do you need a prescription to get the contraceptives in the first place? You shouldn't need permission from any doctor to get contraception. Remove the law requiring a prescription and the doctors personal views are irrelevant, just go to CVS, Walgreens or Walmart and buy them. When you give people this kind of power they are going to exercise it in ways you don't like. So don't give them that kind of power.

Your a hundred percent right there.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: My

Beyond Saving wrote:

I have to second this. What is so dangerous about this that it must be prescribed in the first place? Why isn't there a clinic handing out generic versions for free for that matter.
I like to think this couldn't happen in Canada, but it probably could. I've worked in hospitals. Those people tend to be elitist, like cops. I've chatted with a few practitioners who would have become patients if they'd practiced what they said on me.

That said, a few bad apples can't be allowed to demonstrate for the whole. By and large,

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
medical practitioners I've

medical practitioners I've known were fairly good people who didn't allow their personal views to affect their job performance. Though some might nag your ear off, they'd treat you while they did.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:medical

Vastet wrote:
medical practitioners I've known were fairly good people who didn't allow their personal views to affect their job performance. Though some might nag your ear off, they'd treat you while they did.

Hehe, I had one lecture my ear off about the dangers of motorcycles. I had been involved in a wreck and had to be treated for it.  She told me they needed to be outlawed and only an idiot would ride one.

Fortunately for me, the wreck was minor and they just wanted to check me out, She asked me if anything she said was getting through and I told her that I was planning on taking a ride the minute I repaired the bike.

If looks could kill, I would have been one dead dude.

― Giordano Bruno

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Harley, same here.I had an

Harley, same here.

I had an emergency appendectomy about 10 years ago. In my recovery I visited the surgeon and asked her when I could start riding again. She said oh you are one of those Cycle Organ Donors. She wasn't happy with me. But I continue to ride and try to dress for the crash and be careful.

A friend of mine had one of those common incident where someone turned left in front of him, not seeing him until he slid across the hood of their car. Once in the hospital the nurses and doctors scolding him about riding bikes. He replied "That was the first accident I had in 40 years. I think I am good".

Riding motorcycles is like jazz, if you have to ask you won't understand.

I do have a convertible now, a mini-cooper, and love the heck out of it. Maybe I will transition to it one day and get my bike stable down to 1 bike just for grins.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

ex-minister wrote:

Harley, same here.

I had an emergency appendectomy about 10 years ago. In my recovery I visited the surgeon and asked her when I could start riding again. She said oh you are one of those Cycle Organ Donors. She wasn't happy with me. But I continue to ride and try to dress for the crash and be careful.

Given the problem with getting organs one would think doctors would encourage riding donorcycles.

Medical types are strange people. If medical care is a concern they should encourage smoking so people die fast and die young.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml