Anybody heard from some of our older members ?

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Anybody heard from some of our older members ?

I noticed that I have not seen people like Bob Spence, Answers in Gene Simmons, CJ, Mellestad and a few of the other regulars that used to be on here lately ? 

I miss their posts and insights. 

I was wondering how they might be doing ? 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
You and me both.

You and me both.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
  HisWillness and Kevin R

HisWillness and Kevin R Brown ( both Canadians ) used to post here a lot and Eloise ( a panentheist from Australia ) hasn't been heard from in a long time.  SandyCane and robj ( ? ) are missing, too.  That's the only other AWOL members that I can think of at the moment.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
I cant speak for CJ, But do

I cant speak for CJ, But do not worry guys, Bob is doing fine as far as I know. He calls me just about every day via phone or Skype.

Bob is more of a reader than a poster. I think he has covered the theists issues so much now it takes something really heated to erk him to the point of responding. But he just called me yesterday, I was too tired to talk to him. But he is doing fine guys.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I cant speak

Brian37 wrote:

I cant speak for CJ, But do not worry guys, Bob is doing fine as far as I know. He calls me just about every day via phone or Skype.

Bob is more of a reader than a poster. I think he has covered the theists issues so much now it takes something really heated to erk him to the point of responding. But he just called me yesterday, I was too tired to talk to him. But he is doing fine guys.

Thanks for the update. I always enjoy Bob's posts.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
yeah, i miss eloise.  so

yeah, i miss eloise.  so smart, so hot...

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:yeah, i miss

iwbiek wrote:

Yes, I agree.  And the other notable fact about her is that even though she espoused her panentheistic view surrounded by atheist dissenters she was sort of like one of the family ( kind of like how I view our very own Luminon  ..the honorable opposition, so to speak...)

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:iwbiek

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

Yes, I agree.  And the other notable fact about her is that even though she espoused her panentheistic view surrounded by atheist dissenters she was sort of like one of the family ( kind of like how I view our very own Luminon  ..the honorable opposition, so to speak...)

I agree. The same could not be said for our most recent addition. The one  that fills the bandwidth with circular arguments and then pulls the "I will no longer debate you any more" when cornered. I'll be glad when that one is gone. 

― Giordano Bruno

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

yeah, ol' lumi has definitely made his bones.  he earned my respect a long time ago.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

I guess she didn't find some us to be very divine.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
or she has more of a life

or she has more of a life than most of us, which is not terribly hard.