Muslim parents murder daughter wearing skimpy clothes

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level ModeratorSilver Member
ex-minister's picture
Posts: 1708
Joined: 2010-01-29
User is offlineOffline
Muslim parents murder daughter wearing skimpy clothes

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
Journalists need to keep a

Journalists need to keep a basic story written up on this with just blank areas for names of the people and location.  It would save them a lot of time rather than rewriting the same thing over and over again every month.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

ex-minister wrote:
Click here for article
 

If it happens in Iran it reflects on Iran. If it happens in Saudi it reflects on Saudi. If it happens in England it reflects on Islam.

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5100
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
I've been following this

 

 

one for a while. Yeah. If there's anything that'll turn kids off religion it's shit like this sprayed over the internet once a fortnight. 

Monotheism. Believe it's moral perfection or you're dead.  And they're denying it was murder.

Believers, we can seeeeeeeeeeeeeeee you... 

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5100
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Please.

 

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

ex-minister wrote:
Click here for article
 

If it happens in Iran it reflects on Iran. If it happens in Saudi it reflects on Saudi. If it happens in England it reflects on Islam.

 

You're all for running off open-minded pantheists for no particular reason but you have an issue with criticising gentle, caring Islam?. That's priceless.

After a child bride was recently stoned to death in Afghanistan this is what a Taliban mullah is alleged to have said:  

'Anyone who knows about Islam knows that stoning is in the Koran, and that it is Islamic law. There are people who call it inhuman - but in doing so they insult the Prophet.'

Monotheist bigotry, monotheist justification for breaches of human rights, monotheist insistence on arbitrary moral codes that support religious authority - these things are always wrong.

Catholic child molesters, muslim stoners (chuckle) and orthodox jewish settlers who murder in the name of g_d. All should be equally denigrated. 

Regardless of this level playing field, Islam is the most violent religion on the planet. No one else pointedly kills in the name of their god the way muslims love to do. 

 

 

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3311
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Pretty disgusting

 Pretty disgusting stuff to read about. 


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

Atheistextremist wrote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

ex-minister wrote:
Click here for article
 

If it happens in Iran it reflects on Iran. If it happens in Saudi it reflects on Saudi. If it happens in England it reflects on Islam.

You're all for running off open-minded pantheists for no particular reason but you have an issue with criticising gentle, caring Islam?. That's priceless.

You should notice I have no problem going after people for what they are. You should have also noticed I have a problem with unrelated criticism.

All I did was highlight the usual implication of extent to an entire society. It has been a long time since I pointed out the horror stories from Saudi are from the backwater parts of Saudi which admittedly are rather common. Yes extremists in every religion do very strange things. Whether or not that is examplary of the religion as it is is a separate matter.

Quote:
After a child bride was recently stoned to death in Afghanistan this is what a Taliban mullah is alleged to have said:  

'Anyone who knows about Islam knows that stoning is in the Koran, and that it is Islamic law. There are people who call it inhuman - but in doing so they insult the Prophet.'

Monotheist bigotry, monotheist justification for breaches of human rights, monotheist insistence on arbitrary moral codes that support religious authority - these things are always wrong.

Catholic child molesters, muslim stoners (chuckle) and orthodox jewish settlers who murder in the name of g_d. All should be equally denigrated. 

Regardless of this level playing field, Islam is the most violent religion on the planet. No one else pointedly kills in the name of their god the way muslims love to do.

I can't imagine anything thinking I have a high opinion of any religion much less monotheism unless they are a newbie. Also I assume most everyone has read I consider Islam to be the first expression of monotheism for absence of evidence to the contrary.

As to most violent religion I know of no evidence of that. I know many states have announced themselves to be islamic but do not find any particular connection of Islam to the actions of the states.

As to individuals holding those religions that is a crap shoot. The most primitive behavior is found in the most primitive cultures or at least where they came from but hardly limited to those cultures as this exmple shows.

Now if this family had been posting here I can assure you you would have found my posts to some self-described pantheist to be high praise in comparison. But as there is no comparison material I do not see where you are going with this.

It does suggest the Brits need a better screening process for who they let in or let stay or however it works over there. I do not recall an US case like this and we have Muslims up the ying yang after discounting the Black Muslims home grown types. Maybe we are just lucky. Maybe there is a merciful god who says we have suffered enough with Jim Jones and David Koresh and more than a few other god inspired types.

Getting back to my simple observation, the actions of individuals either do or do not reflect upon the country in which they occur.

Given how rare it is among the several hundred million Muslim in and originating from the middle east I find no way to treat this as a man bites dog story except that it does not contain the place of origin information which would be useful background as to a backward area. And if not a backward area then there appears no reason to invoke the religion of a crazy as relevant to the actions of a crazy. It tells me nothing.

For example I also note honor kiling of teenage women who disgrace the family. I find almost all cases are from Lebanon or surrounding Lebanon. (Yes, Israeli family murders daughter in honor kiling.)

 

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5100
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
I'd agree

 

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

 

The most primitive behavior is found in the most primitive cultures or at least where they came from but hardly limited to those cultures as this example shows. Given how rare it is among the several hundred million Muslim in and originating from the middle east I find no way to treat this as a man bites dog story except that it does not contain the place of origin information which would be useful background as to a backward area. And if not a backward area then there appears no reason to invoke the religion of a crazy as relevant to the actions of a crazy. It tells me nothing.

 

I'd agree this sort of behaviour is primitive and is found in some primitive cultures but I think Islam reifies this primitive culture and the statistics bear this out. In Pakistan this sort of behaviour would be swept under the carpet. There, you can be a hero for murdering a politician with the integrity to say he disagrees with the much abused Islamic blasphemy laws. Trying to disconnect cultural morality from religion in muslim countries - I don't think this is possible. 

 

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

For example I also note honor kiling of teenage women who disgrace the family. I find almost all cases are from Lebanon or surrounding Lebanon. (Yes, Israeli family murders daughter in honor kiling.)

 

 

No argument, in fact I think the misbehaviour of the growing orthodox population in Israel supports my argument that monotheism is bigotry and suggests the more religious the society, the more bigoted it becomes. 

But no one competes with Islam...or Pakistan...though I have to concede in support of your argument, that India is no great shakes in the terms of hindu caste-related honour killings. 

 

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/commission-details-675-honour-killings-in-pakistan-in-nine-month-period/story-e6frg6so-1226227064723

 

I guess the issue is, is the Koran used as justification for such killings? If so, are we justified in calling this sort of religious behaviour to wider attention?

 

 

 

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5100
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Mmmmm

 

 

Well - while the majority of honour killings take place in Islamic countries, the practice is not exclusive to them but is part of cultures in which women are considered the property of the family. 

 

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/02/0212_020212_honorkilling.html

 

http://www.gendercide.org/case_honour.html

 

I guess we could argue why it is that increasingly orthodox Israel has a growing issue of crime against women that parallels its growing religious intolerance but regardless of bothering with this, the broad points of your argument are correct.  

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

Atheistextremist wrote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

 

The most primitive behavior is found in the most primitive cultures or at least where they came from but hardly limited to those cultures as this example shows. Given how rare it is among the several hundred million Muslim in and originating from the middle east I find no way to treat this as a man bites dog story except that it does not contain the place of origin information which would be useful background as to a backward area. And if not a backward area then there appears no reason to invoke the religion of a crazy as relevant to the actions of a crazy. It tells me nothing.

I'd agree this sort of behaviour is primitive and is found in some primitive cultures but I think Islam reifies this primitive culture and the statistics bear this out.

What statistics on what behavior?

Quote:
In Pakistan this sort of behaviour would be swept under the carpet. There, you can be a hero for murdering a politician with the integrity to say he disagrees with the much abused Islamic blasphemy laws. Trying to disconnect cultural morality from religion in muslim countries - I don't think this is possible.

Pakistan has two distinct cultural parts. There are the Pakis to the south since the Indus river was a trickle. Then there is the northern part that is Afghanistan Adjacent. That is the part we bomb a couple times a day and which the Pakis issue Xeroxed protests while cheering us on. The Pakis can't govern them either. Which part of Pakistan do you find a problem? If you can explain to the Pakis how to rule the northern tribes they will likely be eternally grateful or for a week and a half whichever comes first.

Quote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

For example I also note honor kiling of teenage women who disgrace the family. I find almost all cases are from Lebanon or surrounding Lebanon. (Yes, Israeli family murders daughter in honor kiling.)

 

No argument, in fact I think the misbehaviour of the growing orthodox population in Israel supports my argument that monotheism is bigotry and suggests the more religious the society, the more bigoted it becomes. 

But no one competes with Islam...or Pakistan...though I have to concede in support of your argument, that India is no great shakes in the terms of hindu caste-related honour killings. 

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/commission-details-675-honour-killings-in-pakistan-in-nine-month-period/story-e6frg6so-1226227064723

Missed the extent in Pakistan. Of course before jumping to too many conclusions I would keep in mind most murders are done by family members all over the world. But again, where in Pakistan?

Quote:
I guess the issue is, is the Koran used as justification for such killings? If so, are we justified in calling this sort of religious behaviour to wider attention?
 

Does the Koran order it? or Is the Koran used for it? Two very different questions. It is also about a very different culture in which middle east style Islam exists. Indonesian style Islam does not appear to be like this. And even in those cultures it is a matter of the best parts of the mideast ones being about a century behind the West and the worst parts centuries behind even in local terms.

And that is before examining the baseless assumption that entirely different cultures will converge upon western European culture as the ideal. The reason honor killing are still common in Lebanon is by another quaint western custom they adopted, jury by peers. They can't get convictions. Which leads to the western idea that the government should regulate family affairs. That idea is not very popular in the world. Even the US does not like the idea when the Chinese do it for population control. But the US did like it when it outlawed foot-binding. The Chinese do not make very good Christian Americans.

However my problem is not that it is raised per se. My problem is that it is raised purely to revive religion based war which we supposedly ended with the 40 years war. I have been watching it used by Israel for decades to justify land theft and murder and by the US since W. Bush started his purposeless wars. The US has two israeli funded organizations to promote smear campaigns against Muslim countries. We have more braindead, redneck bible thumpers than Oz has Aussies who agree with them.

 

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

Atheistextremist wrote:
Well - while the majority of honour killings take place in Islamic countries, the practice is not exclusive to them but is part of cultures in which women are considered the property of the family. 

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/02/0212_020212_honorkilling.html

http://www.gendercide.org/case_honour.html

I guess we could argue why it is that increasingly orthodox Israel has a growing issue of crime against women that parallels its growing religious intolerance but regardless of bothering with this, the broad points of your argument are correct.

Bringing Israel into it is going back to the 100 years war pre-40 years war with its religion based theft and murder from its beginning to this day. Within a religion is at least a family affair. Between religions is a huge step backwards in time and civilization. Pardon if I have priorities and suspicions when there are so many people, organizations and at least one country trying to get the US involved in a hopeless religious war.

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml