Kevin Gutsman's book about Madison Sr

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin Gutsman's book about Madison Sr

Just stumbled across CSPAN's "BOOK TV" series and this author originally appeared on 4/12/12.

Further proof that the founders including Madison, didn't want politics and religion mixing. According to Kevin Gutzman, Madison was a church attender, BUT as a politician Madison had the attitude that the voters should not ask him, or any politician which religion they were or what church they attended. Also according to this author, Madison did not want congress Chaplins because "someone will object", and he believed that the military should not have paid Chaplins. He was against a national day of thanks. He was against tax exemption for churches too.

This is one book I intend on getting. "James Madison and the Making of America" Kevin Gutzman.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog