For araujo

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
For araujo

OK araujo, this is mainly for you to start, but I'm sure Jean will be happy to give you some guidance should you need it. 

You claim to have all the answers and have it very clear in your head how the whole scenario of how things are going to play out. You also seem to think that we all must be blind and dumb not to see how simple it has all been spelled out for us. So why not enlighten us instead of just writing us all off as morons. Would you mind spelling it all out for us in plain English the whole end time, judgement day, heaven and hell scenario?

No need to make it too fancy, just something us morons can understand.  Start with our present existence and end with God's final reign of a new heaven and new earth .  Be sure not to leave anyone out like the 144,000 and those who may or may not be already in heaven or hell, all the people who have long been dead etc. And PLEASE NUMBER EACH STEP to make it easy for us to follow.

I'm not just being an ass here. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been confused by the whole story, even if we have read the whole bible 200 times over.  IF you believe in this so whole-heartedly, I would think it would be worth a few moments of your time.

Please just pretend we all are new to these ideas and are of a simple high-school education. It should go something like this and I cannot stress how important it is to NUMBER EACH STEP :

(this is NOT a set order of course-just a sample of events as I thought of them)

1. Here we are now (we have those who have been presented with the gospel and those who never got the chance to hear about Jesus)

2. The false messiah will come

3. Jesus will return

4. All those who are dead will re-materialize

5. Satan reigns for 1,000 years

6. everyone will stand before the Lord one by one to be judged

7. those who are already in heaven or hell will ???? and the 144,000 will ?????  and the rest of the Jews will ?????

8. all non-believers will be cast into a lake of fire along with everyone from every other religion

9. You and all the REAL christians will be (where ??) forever with God.

You get my drift. This should be easy for you. I would really appreciate it and I'm sure it will start some good conversations. And PLEASE NUMBER EACH STEP!!!!

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ols Seer

Old Seer,

Ok let's back up here.

1.  So, what of the creation of the universe(before man)? KJV G1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. G1:16 And God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser to rule the night: he made the stars also.

2. why?  why a transformation/enlightenment? Why were "Adamites" not enlightened in the first place?  It goes back to the age old question of "God's twisted little game".  Many of us atheists see it all as just man's creation of a game to create a need for a god. -religion "throws you under the bus"

3. so are we to assume that you claim brand X not only has different interpretations, but also added much to it? Just projecting here from how your interpretations differ, I would think a majority of it would have to be brand X's additions of imagination/guesswork and even plot.  If not you guys would have a hell of alot of adjusting to do. 

4. "his kind"?  What other kind is there? Why specify?

5. Would you give me your interpretation of this- KJV

G1 24- And God said , Let the EARTH bring forth the living creature after HIS kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after HIS kind: and it was so.

25- And God made the beast of the earth after HIS kind, and cattle after THEIR kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after HIS kind: and God saw that it was good.

6. Evolution?

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Guitar picker

iwbiek wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

aren't solving a thing. I used to be a guitar strummer, I didn't solve anything. If my guitar planging didn't save the world how is this fella's guitar wire bending going to make any difference. Music is nothing more then organized noise. Is it any different then bird tweeting. Using it to generate consolation also creates confidence in falsehoods. It creates mental mud for intellectual tires to get stuck in. Been there, done that.  Regards.

it's called being tongue-in-cheek.  i didn't put townes's video up there because i thought it was especially profound or "solved" anything.  i put it up there because it's a song about someone trying to sell him coastal property in bohemia--i.e., a crock of shit. 

btw, while townes may be strumming here, technically he was a fingerpicker, and a goddamn good one.  i'm a fingerpicker myself, of comparable proficiency, and i make a nice little sum on the side, despite not being able to quit my day job.  i've even gotten to tour a few times, in humble slovakia.  so it solves lots of "problems" for me, namely, the problem of how to hang around a lot of cool, salt-of-the-earth people and bring them joy, and the problem of how to get some extra money for the occassional pub crawl.  beyond that, i lack for nothing.

stop trying to peddle answers to me, please.  i've already had more than my fair share of bodhis, enough to know that there are no answers, there are no secrets, there are no solutions nor any problems to be solved, there is no goal other than the one you decide to choose for yourself, and everything that is is right in front of your face--literally.

and don't talk to me about mental mud.  you're up to your ears in avidya, pal.

I wish I could do that. I never caught on to it. You may be familiar with a picker, James Burton. If you have netflix and care to watch Roy Orbisons Black and White Night. Now that's jamming. I make a point of bringing it up once a month.  Smiling

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:iwbiek

Old Seer wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

well, in the meantime, i'll give the standard fundy chronology:

1. rapture of living believers (this is heavily disputed among christians so this step might be missing)

2. coming of the antichrist

3. apparent death of the antichrist and his resurrection by the false prophet

4. tribulation, consisting of seven trumpets, seven seals, and seven vials (in revelation they kind of fit into each other like russian dolls, but i can't remember if this is the correct order)

5. somewhere in here israel begins to be converted, especially thanks to the two "witnesses," whom most fundies believe are elijah and enoch returned from being taken up bodily into heaven.  eventually they're martyred.

6. last trumpet and coming of christ in the clouds.

7. resurrection of the righteous dead into eternal life.  according to first thessalonians, this is when the rapture of living believers will take place, not before the tribulation (the idea of the pre-tribulation rapture has its origins not in traditional biblical teaching, but rather in a vision a crazy 19th century scottish girl had).

8. satan and his minions are chained in a pit.

9. millennium in an earthly paradise ruled over physically by jim caviez--er--jesus.

10. satan and his minions are let out of the pit "for a short time" (ha-ha, just kidding, fucking evil still exists!), before being cast by god into the lake of fire.

11. the resurrection of the unrighteous dead and their judgment before the "great white throne," when the book of human deeds will be opened and they will be condemned for raping, murdering, stealing, masturbating, fucking beautiful women they cared deeply about but neglected to say a few words in a church with, being a peaceful jain, thinking the bible sounds like it was written by stan lee, spitting on the sidewalk, picking up sticks on a saturday, calling god on his bullshit, watching george carlin, listening to kiss, letting their hair get below half an inch above the ear, throwing away a lee greenwood tape, etc., etc., etc.

12. those unrighteous dead are cast into the lake of fire and the believers are led triumphantly into the new jerusalem, where jesus turns over rule of the new heaven and earth to big daddy (even though they're somehow the same person).

note: as far as people going directly to heaven when they die, christians are divided on this.  what little evidence there is for it in the bible ("abraham's bosom," the thief on the cross, the vision of the 144,000 around god's throne in rev. 4) is vague, and many christians insist they're figurative.  other interpretations are that the "paradise" jesus promised the thief on the cross was the same as abraham's bosom and referred to a sort of "holding place" for righteous jews that was shut down after jesus's descent into hades, and pre-tribbers argue that the 144,000 praising god are the freshly raptured church.

regardless, almost all christians believe that if there are spirits of dead believers in heaven, it's only a temporary arrangement, and that they will be resurrected at the last trumpet with "glorified bodies" and populate the new heaven and earth.

I finally realized this is what you wanted numbered. It can take 3 hours to do this one.The reason is-it's been 20 years since we completed the study (1992) and I don't have any paper work from the guys anymore. 20 years ago I didn't know anything of what was going to happen with our information. But I will handle #1 now. It's one of my favorites.

Nooooooway Jose. It doesn't happen this way in Brand-A. There's nothing physical going on here. Rapture---yes but people loosing their mental bearings., not hardly. Wouldn't rapture equate to a mental state as rapture denotes mental condition on the first count. Caught up in the air (holy moly). Air = spirit. Air=heavenly, same thing or in conjunction with each other. Heaven is a state of happiness-in some cases used as what is valued or that which is held or kept of higher value, a measure of uplifting or condition of being uplifted , mental condition. (simple ain't it) Earth = soul---mother earth, as in, Eve as in woman is soul, as in the emotional structure and that which is loved, which gives birth to a new manchild of "His" kind, same as reborn=new person. The woman was formed out of Adam=Adam acquires a new soul. Caught up in the spirit of renewal and remain in it etc. Absolutely nothing to do with countering gravity or the suspending the laws of physics.

Yes I tried to tell you that 1-9 list I made was just a silly generic, random list of biblical events I rattled off the top of my head after arguing with Auraujo in another thread, and they they were not individual questions-just examples of events.

Also you should not just ANSWER my or Iwbiewek's list. They are not questions. He gave what he thought the average fundie christian would.  The list should be according to one's own (or group/sect) interpretation of events that will be played out.

Also, can I give you a little tip for this forum? You never need 3 hr answers.  No one wants to read a 5 minute answer.  I suggest doing your best to summarize your answers(to any question) and then elaborate as others question or argue in their replies.

You can always specify in an additional short commentary to your summaries that you will elaborate if need be to understand.

Also, I suggest looking at the time/order of post you read and reply to. You seem to have gotten mixed up before that people were talking to you, when in fact those posts were from long ago to Aurajo. And sometimes 2 or 3 people can be typing at the same time and the posts come out in time order-not the order the questions were asked.

Normally the quote function helps confusion, but I didn't want to clog the pages up due to the length of some of your posts.

Just trying to help. Smiling

p.s.  click on the highlighted informational and formatting options above "preview comment" "post comment"

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks Old Seer ; Tony's question . . .

Tony wrote:
.. "his kind"?  What other kind is there? Why specify?

>  Would you give me your interpretation of this- KJV

G1 24- And God said , Let the EARTH bring forth the living creature after HIS kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after HIS kind: and it was so.

25- And God made the beast of the earth after HIS kind, and cattle after THEIR kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after HIS kind: and God saw that it was good.

Good thing to ask ..

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote:Tony

danatemporary wrote:

Tony wrote:
.. "his kind"?  What other kind is there? Why specify?

>  Would you give me your interpretation of this- KJV

Good thing to ask ..

I was hoping you'd be in this thread.  Smiling    I kinda wish Mouse would show up too, not for his charming personality, but his noggin

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Arrright.

tonyjeffers wrote:

Old Seer,

Ok let's back up here.

1.  So, what of the creation of the universe(before man)? KJV G1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. G1:16 And God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser to rule the night: he made the stars also.

2. why?  why a transformation/enlightenment? Why were "Adamites" not enlightened in the first place?  It goes back to the age old question of "God's twisted little game".  Many of us atheists see it all as just man's creation of a game to create a need for a god. -religion "throws you under the bus"

3. so are we to assume that you claim brand X not only has different interpretations, but also added much to it? Just projecting here from how your interpretations differ, I would think a majority of it would have to be brand X's additions of imagination/guesswork and even plot.  If not you guys would have a hell of alot of adjusting to do. 

4. "his kind"?  What other kind is there? Why specify?

6. Evolution?

1- It's just as the physicists have found. The big banger bangs, stars form, planets form. The most important planet forms also---ours. The big bang has nothing to do with the bible other then the book is formed from the materials of the cosmos, as is one's body.

Biblical creation is not about material constructions/the material structure of the material universe. It's deals with spiritual nature. It is the contents of what makes up your mind and emotional being, your person.

The lights: These are knowledge. The greater light is the knowing of one's good side, to know what is good. The lessor=to know what is evil, one's dark side. From the knowing one can then choose which theme he/she wills to espire to. In this creation it is the good that is espired to. I essence the choosing of "one way". This requires the knowing of one's self- awareness.

Stars. back to the music. You light up my my life (take it from their boys). It's the individual things that you hold to as right, love, hold dear, as your wife (if she lights up your life). This makes her an item in your heavens, she is a star. The bits of understanding. The happy things, what puts you in paradise. Those things that are in your heavens- a place in you that contains what you recognize that pleasures you.  

2- Transformation.  What's being formed is "righteous man", (man that is the right way) Persons that became Adam were just as you and I. This is a process of changing to another personality. That means Adam was a different personality then we. A transformation took place to make him Adam, that requires the previous person to gain knowledge of what to change to. Then change is willful and voluntary. Once anyone knows what that is can also do it. No, they weren't enlightened right off. It takes information to assimilate to be enlightened and then from that one applies it to change. This is where it gets tricky to explain. One must understand God to know it's not God's twisted little game. What's going on is Brand-X's little game. Brand- A has no games. Creation is Brand-A . Yes, brand-X throws one under the bus. (biblical passage---Satan kills his own kind)

3- Brand X is a different interpretation then Brand-A. Brand-X is a material interpretation of man. Brand-A is a spiritual interpretation of man. They may have added quite a bit to Brand-X. They added their sadistic nature to it for sure. They said "JC" on one hand and slapped floks around with the other. Nothing to adjust. Brand-A we understand to be correct. Brand-X doesn't add up, you all know that. Brand-A does, but it will take a while as in learning anything that it will take time. It adds up for us so we know it will add up for anyone who takes the effort to understand. Patience is a key factor. If it didn't add up I wouldn't be here. But I can assure you it's not for everyone. There's will be those who would rather be dead then change. 

4- His Kind. The components of creation is what makes Adam. The components are those on the side of things that make the difference. What this is referring to is the components of a creative process that create a person in the image of the creator. Now, I haven't explained God yet so this may be confusing. Now you can see why I didn't start a Thread, where to start. There is a specific difference between us and Adam, and it's rather minor.

5- Living creature-soul, as, man became a living soul. This is what the soul is about, the emotions (the greatest= the  whale, leviathon = the greatest emotion, love. (JC- I told you in the beginning the greatest of these is love, or something like that). Where is there love if this is a material creation, it couldn't be there, now you know.

25 is a conformation of 24, a repition using different symbols, an overlap which waqs common in acient writings.

Cattle, creeping thing etc. Well, I need to go to the symbols of civilization track back. You'll notice that every civilization uses animal symbols to represent it. In this case Ezekial, the vision. specifically the lion, eagle/vulture, calf, man's face.  (see this is not that simple to explain is it). what we have here is the God/way of civilization. It operates on the cat, creeping thing=predator. Are there predators in your society (wall street). The eagle, do you aspire to rise above each other. IE I would rather fly with eagles then walk with turkeys. soar above the masses, better then others, self importance, personal status. The Calf, have you been treated like cattle lately, akin to labor/worker. Face--the liar, false impression, claiming to be human and being not so. Polititian, government. The few over the many. But, the symbols in creation is what Adam is given dominion over, as "not" to become or use. Adam is one not being as animal. Civilization is opposite Adam. That can be shown better later.

Evolution: works for us. No problemo. We don't see how it could be any other way. We're scientist too.

Smiling

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
Reply to post 56

Old Seer,  Good answer. Your forum communication skills are improving. 

except I don't think you got the jist of the #5 part of my question- take notice to the 'all caps'.  EARTH, HIS, THEIRS. 

Why the differentiation between the "HIS" and "THEIRS",  and does "Let the EARTH bring forth" have any significance in the differentiation? If it's already in your answer I'm not seeing it.

ThunderJones
atheist
ThunderJones's picture
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:ThunderJones

Old Seer wrote:

ThunderJones wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

Now try ours. It will take time to form in the old beanery but it won't take 5 years. If you've spent 5 years on shear nonsense as you did be patient enough to give it a month or two. This is not a fast process, the speed of learning depends upon the the persons ability to comprehension and to learn.

pal, i un-learned and there's no goddamn way i'm regressing, not back to my old shit, nor to yours, nor to anyone else's.  i think you misunderstood my post.  the "nonsense" took only a matter of months to take root in my teenage brain.  it took me 5 years to get rid of the nonsense.  i didn't go through that to have some quack put another brand of nonsense right back in.

in the immortal words of townes van zandt,

aren't solving a thing. I used to be a guitar strummer, I didn't solve anything. If my guitar planging didn't save the world how is this fella's guitar wire bending going to make any difference. Music is nothing more then organized noise. Is it any different then bird tweeting. Using it to generate consolation also creates confidence in falsehoods. It creates mental mud for intellectual tires to get stuck in. Been there, done that.  Regards.

Music can convey a message  directly and eloquently with and without the use of words. That's more than I can say for you.

But it's to much used as a crutch. Poetry also. To much soothsaying puts the King to sleep. Smiling

It's a form of communication and entertainment. Saying music is overused is like says literature is overused, or movies are overused. That makes no sense.

Secularist, Atheist, Skeptic, Freethinker

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Oh OK.

tonyjeffers wrote:

Old Seer,  Good answer. Your forum communication skills are improving. 

except I don't think you got the jist of the #5 part of my question- take notice to the 'all caps'.  EARTH, HIS, THEIRS. 

Why the differentiation between the "HIS" and "THEIRS",  and does "Let the EARTH bring forth" have any significance in the differentiation? If it's already in your answer I'm not seeing it.

Earth is one's soul. Living soul is one that is of the Human kind not animal. What this denotes is the subtracting of animal traits and taking on a "life" of one's Human characteristic. We all are a spiritual combination of animal and human traits. God is the same. God is the forces of one's inner self. Look at God as a His and a His in these two directions. The "His" in creation is of the human side. Once Adam Is finished he  is no longer "as God" (I'm showing you knowledge of God at this point). he is singular-one side of God- the good side. This is "way" as in the way of life or "a life"  that is aspired to. In essence, human is the good side, animal is the bad side. Refrain form the animal traits and you become a different person. As JC says--let your eye be single, that means that his life is of the singleness as the same as Adam. (The "eye also connects to the 7 eyes in revelation)  That doesn't mean that the animal is evil in itself, but evil extends from it.

There are two ways evil is. There is natural evils/hardships that one encounters in life. But what the evils in God are about is----perpetrated evil, or evil for intent, or evil for the intent of good, as any evil done can bring about a good. If you were the only being on the planet you would still encounter good and evil. A wind storm that blows your hut over is an evil toward you, BUT, it wasn't an "intended" evil perpetrated by another person. Because in this case there is no other person. This is the original understanding of the god of Brand-X. A material force they didn't understand that they could not control, and explained it as god. That now gets moved to the interpretation of the book. If there appears another person on the planet and he pushes your hut down it is an "intended" evil. That means then that Creation is a matter of sociology, under what values does one relate to another.

The fall of Adam- Behold. the man has become "one" of us, to know good and evil.. Here Adam becomes like God as before, good and evil, But But But, this is perpetrated evil, by intent. consider the word "know", which in this case is by a cognitive process to reason purposeful gain by perpetrating evil/hardship upon others for gain. This process is---is ---is -----civilization, where-under. a few decide what is good and what is evil for the masses. You are good and evil created by, and adjusted by ----civil law, there idea. I have given you the power of free thinking, be careful on it's accounts. The only possible thing that the world needs saving from are those running it.

It is up to you now Tony Jeffers, for you to make you. If you wish to be a person of your own making you are now free to do so. Any Psychiatrist will tell you that you are a dangerous person. Our Psycho Smurfs know that. If you wish to be a part of solving the worlds problem---which will you choose.

His, theirs, is the same. His is the human kind. theirs is --their is a multiple of the traits, a number of them, IE love, kindness , compassion, caring, all of that nature. His/theirs is of a particular direction of being/mentality

Adam is as not of a singular physical. Just as the society we are in so was the Adamites. Multiple bodies but kindred/Sameness. They are a group of inhabitants in the region of the Tigress and Euphrates rivers.

There's more to contemplate.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I didn't say

ThunderJones wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

ThunderJones wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

Now try ours. It will take time to form in the old beanery but it won't take 5 years. If you've spent 5 years on shear nonsense as you did be patient enough to give it a month or two. This is not a fast process, the speed of learning depends upon the the persons ability to comprehension and to learn.

pal, i un-learned and there's no goddamn way i'm regressing, not back to my old shit, nor to yours, nor to anyone else's.  i think you misunderstood my post.  the "nonsense" took only a matter of months to take root in my teenage brain.  it took me 5 years to get rid of the nonsense.  i didn't go through that to have some quack put another brand of nonsense right back in.

in the immortal words of townes van zandt,

Music can convey a message  directly and eloquently with and without the use of words. That's more than I can say for you.

But it's to much used as a crutch. Poetry also. To much soothsaying puts the King to sleep. Smiling

It's a form of communication and entertainment. Saying music is overused is like says literature is overused, or movies are overused. That makes no sense.

I didn't say there's anything wrong with music. I don't intend creating right and wrong for others. Last Night I watched Roy Orbison's Black and White Night---again. I was in heaven for a while. Smiling

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Certainly.

I didn't see this post until now. Yahweh is a Hebrew God, or an entitling for their understanding. Yahweh equates to Brand-B which isn't Christianity. The Jews are not followers of JC nor have they ever been. They descend from Adam which is the same as JC, but the break off comes with Nimrod. The middle eastern peoples are also descendants of Adam. Israel is one tribe/lineage of descendants. Brand-B cannot be Brand-A in that, Brand-A can only be Brand-A. It cannot have any affiliation with anything else. But the perception of God in their religion remains the same as an entity that they understand not to be material. So, Jehovah and Yahweh as we see it are one in the same---to us. I wouldn't know any difference as Brand-B would have to explain it is there is a difference.

You have to understand The Mouse as not studied all the info to date. That takes time. As we go along he'll see it. He's not stupid or mentally inept. He's used to Brand-X. Bear in mind that until we showed up JC is an unknown. He doesn't fit the civilized mind. If you get a chance, when the documentary, From Jesus to Christ, comes on public broadcast system, note that they have no idea what or who JC is. I don't watch it anymore because i almost go inti fits.

So, Yahweh and Jehovah are Hebrew descriptions of God after the fall. They are correct in that the entity of their God is non-material and in essence at least is highly akin to JC. Brand-a description of God is Adam.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nobody has ended with their studies .. for life

Nobody has ended with their studies for life.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Tony's words wrote: At the

Tony's words wrote:

At the bottom of his posts.

But truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force.

As I see it, truth is fact and not changeable. Any thing that can be construed as truth and then changed couldn't have been truth. Fettering the mind by fear of punishment. That is in regards to what is understood to be religion. But if civil law and a judicial system does the same what's the difference.  Civil authorities do the same . If one won't comply the police show up and will exact physical force if necessary to place one under arrest. What's the difference?

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote: Tony's words

Old Seer wrote:

Tony's words wrote:

But truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force.

As I see it, truth is fact and not changeable. Any thing that can be construed as truth and then changed couldn't have been truth. Fettering the mind by fear of punishment. That is in regards to what is understood to be religion. But if civil law and a judicial system does the same what's the difference.  Civil authorities do the same . If one won't comply the police show up and will exact physical force if necessary to place one under arrest. What's the difference?

Old Seer- "truth is fact and not changeable"-  Notice you started with "As I see it".   -a discussion on the definition of truth can only end in semantics- as one on 'God' does.

The difference is the police showing up at your door is reality based.  Religion instilling fear of hell  is no more based on facts than telling a child that the boogeyman will get them.- unless there happens to be a slue of murder victims in your area killed by man calling himself the "boogeyman"

But I don't think that's the point of your question.  OUR civil authority is our best alternative to public stonings for blasphemy, or being lynched by your neighborhood for getting caught looking at your neighbor's teenage daughter.

Unfortunate but that's just as far as we have evolved.

We also haven't evolved(and probably never will) to be creatures that would find a perfect, peaceful utopia boring as hell.  I just don't think it's in our nature and there's probably a mathematical equation out there to show absolute peace is physically impossible.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Ok Got it

tonyjeffers wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

Tony's words wrote:

Old Seer- "truth is fact and not changeable"-  Notice you started with "As I see it".   -a discussion on the definition of truth can only end in semantics- as one on 'God' does.

The difference is the police showing up at your door is reality based.  Religion instilling fear of hell  is no more based on facts than telling a child that the boogeyman will get them.- unless there happens to be a slue of murder victims in your area killed by man calling himself the "boogeyman"

But I don't think that's the point of your question.  OUR civil authority is our best alternative to public stonings for blasphemy, or being lynched by your neighborhood for getting caught looking at your neighbor's teenage daughter.

Unfortunate but that's just as far as we have evolved.

We also haven't evolved(and probably never will) to be creatures that would find a perfect, peaceful utopia boring as hell.  I just don't think it's in our nature and there's probably a mathematical equation out there to show absolute peace is physically impossible.

I forgot the smiley thing.

Well so far we're doing Ok in the US but getting worse. Civilizations evolve so, so far we're lucky. History has it that civilizations don't last to long considering the total span in time. We don't expect the US of A to last to much longer. There's to much turmoil and increasing. It's easily seen that materialism won't lead to happiness. The US has the best material acquisition ability on the planet but it seems few are happy. I'm from the 40s and 50s at which time things were more peaceful and stable. Since then it's been downhill. We have more today then ever and it hasn't done the trick. The future can be determined by the examples of the past, as in, history repeats itself. There's no doubt that things can swing back to the dark ages. 

Civil law of course regulates people and their actions toward others for sure, but that can change too. The future may hold government removal of rights. Consider the patriot act.  Smiling

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer

Ols Seer,

Concerning enlightenment, spiritual, 'heaven', good and evil, animalistic, humanistic etc.- (basically the whole scheme of things in brand A) , where do the following fit in to all this ? -

The child born so mentally retarded that she doesn't know civilization from shinola.

My crazy neighbor down the road who plays 'revele' on his bugle at 0:600 hours in his front yard, but was at one time a prominent professor in sociology.

The lost Eskimo tribe who never bothered to ponder a god and will never read any scripture.

The innocent daughter of the mad Jehova witness mother that never let her leave the house, read a newspaper , watch tv,  and has no clue of reality outside her bedroom.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
tonyjeffers wrote:Ols

tonyjeffers wrote:

Ols Seer,

Concerning enlightenment, spiritual, 'heaven', good and evil, animalistic, humanistic etc.- (basically the whole scheme of things in brand A) , where do the following fit in to all this ? -

The child born so mentally retarded that she doesn't know civilization from shinola.

My crazy neighbor down the road who plays 'revele' on his bugle at 0:600 hours in his front yard, but was at one time a prominent professor in sociology.

The lost Eskimo tribe who never bothered to ponder a god and will never read any scripture.

The innocent daughter of the mad Jehova witness mother that never let her leave the house, read a newspaper , watch tv,  and has no clue of reality outside her bedroom.

The retarded child. A mismatch or anomaly in the genetics. Brand-A doesn't come in on it. Brand-A isn't about the physical, it's about the the mental. To simplify, Brand-A is psychology. As the Psycho Smurfs see it, when one studies the mind he studies God. The only attachment Brand-A would have is miracle working, And, we don't know how that works but have insights. The Psycho Smurfs are looking into that. many of the worlds Psycho Dudes are also looking at this "apparent" phenomenon. They're seeing evidence that it can be.

Crazy neighbor. Something wrong in the beanery. A disregard for others, a result of animalistics. No solution but to take his bugle away or a civil suit to get him to stop. No Connection to Brand-A. He's with Brand-X and under the circumstances it wouldn't make any difference what his profession is.

Lost Eskimo tribe. A natural entity on the land. Brand-A makes no judgment. Would such a one be resurrected, definitely under the tenants of Brand-A. I can't tell you how that works but it would rely on miracle working. Such a tribe would be considered an innocent party. In the book certain people acquire such powers. I state miracle working as one of it tenets because that's what the info contains, and has no explanation of how.. It is not necessary for one to know anything about the book to be recognized in Brand-A

Jehovah's Witnesses are brand-X. They don't teach or advocate such behavior. They are a passive people but this lady went to extremes. Take the kid away and find  decent parents.

From what the questions are I detect you feel a connection or resemblance between Brand-A and Brand-B. There's only minor sameness in only a few things. Brand-X is about 5% correct.

Question 2 seems US Marineish. If so, Semper Fi do or die.

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline
Comment deleted for

Comment deleted for spamming.
~Vastet

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Lets go this direction for a bit.

danatemporary wrote:

Subject-Line attributed to Old Seer

Old Seer wrote:

I see you Qs and Looking forward to responding. It,s late here and rack time for me. I posting now so you'll know I'm here and not use time waiting for now. Be aware--that we are coming from a different interpretation and understanding of the book. The answers may/will not be as you expect. I want to thank you for your efforts,and appreciate this opportunity you provided. I do a bit of gardening each morning while it's cooler. I'll try not to terry. I'll be here in the morning.

OS-  I doubt you remember but A_Nony_Mouse made the statement your interpretation of 'JC' shows "no connection to the words attributed to him in the Gospel", as he put it.  Might you explain why he would have said this ? Given a difference between Yahweh and 'JC', in the group,. I recall you made a difference between Yahweh and 'JC' in at least two posts.

This is not meant to be a response to Dana's post but rather a time for me to acks/axe some Questions. I picked hers because I like the pic of the Smurfer Lady.

I look around through all the threads and encounter a ton of negatives toward those who post and aren't
Atheists.

Apparently the idea is (I may have it misunderstood) that replacing religion will solve the world's problem.

Q-how so?

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:danatemporary

Old Seer wrote:

danatemporary wrote:

Subject-Line attributed to Old Seer

Old Seer wrote:

I see you Qs and Looking forward to responding. It,s late here and rack time for me. I posting now so you'll know I'm here and not use time waiting for now. Be aware--that we are coming from a different interpretation and understanding of the book. The answers may/will not be as you expect. I want to thank you for your efforts,and appreciate this opportunity you provided. I do a bit of gardening each morning while it's cooler. I'll try not to terry. I'll be here in the morning.

OS-  I doubt you remember but A_Nony_Mouse made the statement your interpretation of 'JC' shows "no connection to the words attributed to him in the Gospel", as he put it.  Might you explain why he would have said this ? Given a difference between Yahweh and 'JC', in the group,. I recall you made a difference between Yahweh and 'JC' in at least two posts.

This is not meant to be a response to Dana's post but rather a time for me to acks/axe some Questions. I picked hers because I like the pic of the Smurfer Lady.

I look around through all the threads and encounter a ton of negatives toward those who post and aren't
Atheists.

Apparently the idea is (I may have it misunderstood) that replacing religion will solve the world's problem.

Q-how so?

This is a perfect instance of where you might think of starting a new thread of your own. There's no rule that says you have to or should, but at this point there are probably only a few people peeking in on this thread.

Not always is an off-topic subject or question worthy of a new thread, but I would imagine a question like that(especially from someone who never starts a thread of their own) would generate some discussion. New topics are usually most welcome, but hey  that's just me.

I admit that attitudes aren't always positive. From what i see, negativity is usually not towards theists in general, but christians.  Most of them come here starting with a "you are all gonna burn" attitude.- Sometimes not initially apparent unless you read carefully between the lines, but it's usually not long before the true nature of their theme rears it's ugly head. Many of them do not state their religion and try to pose their questions in some sneaky manner.  Right away it is taken that they think they are amongst a bunch of dummies and it's an insult to our intelligence. They often just pose as a theist until we call them out on it, and this is where a non-christian theist will have a hard time gaining any credibility. They can thank the christians who think none of us have ever picked up a copy of the KJV.

Also many here have really heard it all for the most part. Take Mouse for example(where I'm assuming from where this question was sparked). -Like many here, he's quite a smart fellow in my opinion, but I think he talks a bit short sometimes because he's heard it all and maybe even tired of hearing himself having to repeat the same logic that should be apparent to anyone who passed basic Earth Science.

I think I can speak for any atheist here when I say- If the best you got is  "I don't know-must be God" or "Because the bible tells me so" you better get you a box of tissues or just suck it up Junior, because the christian bible can hardly be called evidence for anything other than the fact that people will believe anything that gets written down.  And to claim it over-rides science and proves the existence of a creator of the universe that intervenes with your personal daily life is silly talk.

What it really comes down to is for someone to think that an atheist is irrational for not believing in others' beliefs that have no evidence to back it up is just plain bullshit. When they throw in warnings of eternal torture that many of us have painstakingly overcame the fear of then we definitely got problems.   

For the very rare simple theist(maybe theoretical), if you have no evidence for your theory, then please don't be insulted when we call it "just a theory", cuz that's all it is. 

Me, I'm just an asshole.  Evil       

edit: I almost forgot the main point of your question.

Religion should not be "replaced".  Atheism should be restored. We were all born atheists. Man created gods and 'God'. It's a fantasy. Until physically proven otherwise, 'God' is a lie. I see no evidence of belief in 'God' doing any good for humanity- quite the contrary. Hopefully we can't do any worse by facing reality.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
You AREN'T leaving this soon ?

Old Seer wrote:
How long can one go on.. Eventually one gets to the end of it. I think most come, look around, and will be back some other time. It's automatic for interest to wain over time. Alpha Smurf recommends I move on and check back periodically. They looked over my posts and think things are covered well enough

===

Underground 'pun'

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Well yes and no.

danatemporary wrote:

Old Seer wrote:
How long can one go on.. Eventually one gets to the end of it. I think most come, look around, and will be back some other time. It's automatic for interest to wain over time. Alpha Smurf recommends I move on and check back periodically. They looked over my posts and think things are covered well enough

Wow, that's an easy answer huh. Well, they may be a bit concerned about me being in a mental war zone. We'd rather be at peace. But they only recommend, but it's up to me. I've been around for 10 months if I remember rightly.   Another thing is if I keep posting it's going to be what I posted some where else.

===

Underground 'pun'

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
You aren't leaving ???

You're not leaving ... ?

Old_Seer wrote:
Well Yes and No

There are a couple of follow-up questions on the group; no rush if you haven't the time at the moment ..

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I don't mind

danatemporary wrote:

You're not leaving ... ?

Old_Seer wrote:
Well Yes and No

There are a couple of follow-up questions on the group; no rush if you haven't the time at the moment ..

As long as I get to Quartzsite Az the first week of Oct.  Smiling

I'm available for Questions as long as someone wants to aks.

We stay away from the preacher circuit.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Shamballa (Sanskrit name Shambhala) .. what is in a name . . .

danatemporary wrote:

Old_Seer Replied, " I'm available for Questions as long as someone wants to asks..We stay away from the preacher circuit"

Only a hunch, Can you tell me about the other,  'pre-Adamite' subterranean races?  Were any originating within the Earth's interior and  are 'subterranean' ?

p.s. -- Because too much is made of  danatemporary's Avatar. Not tied too closely to the question. Let people know so they wont be left wondering authors like Jeremiah Reynolds, Willis George Emerson of Olaf Jansen tale and Dr. Rayond Bernard. Are works of pure fiction! Many others share a similar opinion.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I'm not aware

danatemporary wrote:

danatemporary wrote:

Old_Seer Replied, " I'm available for Questions as long as someone wants to asks..We stay away from the preacher circuit"

of any people from a subterranean environment. I don't think any of the Smurfs are either. That's a subject that never was discussed. As far as we know history has it as we would agree. If the history of people doesn't include subterraneans then we wouldn't known of any either. Being a physics type I've been fascinated by such ideas when I was a kid. If you want to have an idea of how old I am-- my first science fiction movie was Creature of the Black Lagoon. I was scared shitless for a week.

I don't know if it would even be possible for people to live under ground continuously. Seems it would be unhealthy. I'm not a Bio Smurf but I think we have to have a certain amount of sunlight.

Only a hunch, Can you tell me about the other,  'pre-Adamite' subterranean races?  Were any originating within the Earth's interior and  are 'subterranean' ?

p.s. -- Because too much is made of  danatemporary's Avatar. Not tied too closely to the question. Let people know so they wont be left wondering authors like Jeremiah Reynolds, Willis George Emerson of Olaf Jansen tale and Dr. Rayond Bernard. Are works of pure fiction! Many others share a similar opinion.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
The very meaning of 'Tranquility' ..

Well, I must say your reply is somewhat unexpected.       Could you define what you mean by 'Bio-Smurf' ?

I would like to know more about Tranquility in the whole of transformation. I am only trying to get at your  perceptions on /of the others. And what the others have taught. I couldn't tell that what you were taught right or wrong was. No more than Tony's comments indicate. There seems to be some sort of specialization, where one goes to different parties on various subjects.

An aside,  The word Shambhala  ..  Shamballa (Sanskrit name Shambhala)  meaning was 'the place of peace, of tranquillity."  ..   Tranquility /?

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:As long as I

Old Seer wrote:

Quartzsite???!!!!????  I grew up in Yuma and have been to Quartzsite.  I could never imagine why anyone would go to Quartzsite, AZ for any reason.  I once saw some rock hounds hanging out and running their polisher.  I thought the story of the US Army trying to use camels during the Indian Wars was interesting and so was the statute.  Is it still there?  We would go through on our way to the boat races in Powell.  I was never enthused about going to them, either, but had little say in the matter when I was 10-11.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Okay, I think

danatemporary wrote:

Well, I must say your reply is somewhat unexpected.       Could you define what you mean by 'Bio-Smurf' ?

I would like to know more about Tranquility in the whole of transformation. I am only trying to get at your  perceptions on /of the others. And what the others have taught. I couldn't tell that what you were taught right or wrong was. No more than Tony's comments indicate. There seems to be some sort of specialization, where one goes to different parties on various subjects.

An aside,  The word Shambhala  ..  Shamballa (Sanskrit name Shambhala)  meaning was 'the place of peace, of tranquillity."  ..   Tranquility /?

I got the idea.

Bio Smurf is a Biologist. I'm the Bible Smurf. I'm the one that initiated bible questions, but we,re all done with that. Before me the team didn't have a Bible Smurf.

Tranquility. To us that's the same as heaven which is akin or the same as "the 'Tree of Life". But in similar form it's a "troubless state, peace of mind. But, you have to look at "where" you want this tranquility. Would it be a geographic location- I bring up that point because it seems you may be thinking that tranquility is acquired at some geographic location on the planet. Consider that a troubled person is going to have the same troubled circumstance no matter where one is at any geographic location. That won't work because no matter where one goes it won't alleviate the troubled mind as the mind carries the troubles with it. To have tranquility one needs to get rid of what causes the troubling. So tranquility can only be "peace of mind".  The equivalent of tranquility in the book is the 7th day in creation which in essence is The Tree of Life. The entire process of Biblical Creation leads to peace of mind. Religions merely have different words for the same things. Also consider that ancient people weren't as ignorant as we may think today. Today we have the G-Nome, back then they already figured the Me-Nome, (psychology) as in, the mind as, "what Am I". A Greek said-I think therefor I am. In this case the "I AM" is a matter of mind not physical, thinking is the mental. There is no peace/tranquility in an environment of contention and mental warfare. The things of this present world must be removed first, such as what we hold as valued and/or importance. To have tranquility values must change to another concept. Once what is valued to maintain the present idea of life is removed "then" a transition can be made. That's precisely the problem we're having in this group of ours. The world is a constant hinderence.

There's no right or wrong in our world. There is only good and evil. But that's another intricate explanation. \

The specialization-- Super. You're  encountering exactly what we did. There's something there but what the heck is it. Keep at it. Investigate yourself from a mental aspect rather the a physical. You have a physical but you are the mind itself. Once you realize that, you will begin to understand/discover what mind is. You are a mind, not a body.

The others- They were and still are a group of guys that went on adventures etc. sort of like a sports club but more toward scientific-wise because of their various professions. . I meet one buy chance when he went through town here. I seen him earlier a few times when he would pass through. We got in a conversation at a local eatery. He told me of the club and what they do and what fields of endeavor they were of. I was interested in the physics guy. Being told they investigate and study certain things I gave him my thoughts of biblical creation. Being a physicist myself this was interesting. In physics creation doesn't add up. IE-The sun was made at the wrong time, if there's no evolution why are birds forming out of the water---that sort of thing. My hunch was that it was something spiritual because the book overwhelmingly deals with spirit. On his next trip through town he let off a packet of papers at the eatery. I was informed they were going to get to work on it.  The study ended in a completely different understanding of Christianity. It's not anything as commonly understood.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Straight talk for the Smurfer who deals with bible verses

.. Straight talk on the Bible is You ?

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:danatemporary

Old Seer wrote:

danatemporary wrote:

I got the idea.

Bio Smurf is a Biologist. I'm the Bible Smurf. I'm the one that initiated bible questions, but we,re all done with that. Before me the team didn't have a Bible Smurf.

Tranquility. To us that's the same as heaven which is akin or the same as "the 'Tree of Life". But in similar form it's a "troubless state, peace of mind. But, you have to look at "where" you want this tranquility. Would it be a geographic location- I bring up that point because it seems you may be thinking that tranquility is acquired at some geographic location on the planet. Consider that a troubled person is going to have the same troubled circumstance no matter where one is at any geographic location. That won't work because no matter where one goes it won't alleviate the troubled mind as the mind carries the troubles with it. To have tranquility one needs to get rid of what causes the troubling. So tranquility can only be "peace of mind".  The equivalent of tranquility in the book is the 7th day in creation which in essence is The Tree of Life. The entire process of Biblical Creation leads to peace of mind. Religions merely have different words for the same things. Also consider that ancient people weren't as ignorant as we may think today. Today we have the G-Nome, back then they already figured the Me-Nome, (psychology) as in, the mind as, "what Am I". A Greek said-I think therefor I am. In this case the "I AM" is a matter of mind not physical, thinking is the mental. There is no peace/tranquility in an environment of contention and mental warfare. The things of this present world must be removed first, such as what we hold as valued and/or importance. To have tranquility values must change to another concept. Once what is valued to maintain the present idea of life is removed "then" a transition can be made. That's precisely the problem we're having in this group of ours. The world is a constant hinderence.

There's no right or wrong in our world. There is only good and evil. But that's another intricate explanation. \

The specialization-- Super. You're  encountering exactly what we did. There's something there but what the heck is it. Keep at it. Investigate yourself from a mental aspect rather the a physical. You have a physical but you are the mind itself. Once you realize that, you will begin to understand/discover what mind is. You are a mind, not a body.

The others- They were and still are a group of guys that went on adventures etc. sort of like a sports club but more toward scientific-wise because of their various professions. . I meet one buy chance when he went through town here. I seen him earlier a few times when he would pass through. We got in a conversation at a local eatery. He told me of the club and what they do and what fields of endeavor they were of. I was interested in the physics guy. Being told they investigate and study certain things I gave him my thoughts of biblical creation. Being a physicist myself this was interesting. In physics creation doesn't add up. IE-The sun was made at the wrong time, if there's no evolution why are birds forming out of the water---that sort of thing. My hunch was that it was something spiritual because the book overwhelmingly deals with spirit. On his next trip through town he let off a packet of papers at the eatery. I was informed they were going to get to work on it.  The study ended in a completely different understanding of Christianity. It's not anything as commonly understood.

Old Seer wrote-  " One's religion is what makes one the person that one is. Everyone is a victim of someone else,s imagination. If a leader is an idiot the followers are idiots. Leaders make their followers as they. Civilization is a liars paradise (consider the polititian), a fools parade."

Specializations, divisions of labor,- Bio-Smurf,Psycho Smurf" , hierarchy-"Alpha Smurf" -  These all sound like characteristics of civilization to me.

What makes you so sure you are not a victim of someone else's imagination?

'Miracles' that you believe in but are not quite sure how they work??

It seems to me you have done your best to bring religion down to earth, but in the end -  All you appear to be left with is claiming your own brand of faith and a new spin on "The Man is keeping us down"
I'd rather have you around than The 700 club tho.  Smiling

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:Old Seer wrote:As

cj wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

Quartzsite???!!!!????  I grew up in Yuma and have been to Quartzsite.  I could never imagine why anyone would go to Quartzsite, AZ for any reason.  I once saw some rock hounds hanging out and running their polisher.  I thought the story of the US Army trying to use camels during the Indian Wars was interesting and so was the statute.  Is it still there?  We would go through on our way to the boat races in Powell.  I was never enthused about going to them, either, but had little say in the matter when I was 10-11.

Quartzsite is ok in the winter. I'm what they call a "Snowbird". Google LTVA. long term visitors area. It's set up by the BLM as a winter haven for RV types. I pay 180 bucks to stay the winter. There's also a LTVA across the river from Yuma in California by the imperial dam area. I hang out on Dome Rock road area about 5 miles west of Quartzsite. I have no idea why anyone would want to take that land away from the Apaches, they would have to love to suffer---in the summer.

The Camel memorial is still there. I do a bit of prospecting but not really very enthused. So far in 5 years I  only found 2 small flakes. In the winter that whole area is a case of---when the sun goes down the sweat on your forehead freezes.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:Quartzsite is

Old Seer wrote:

Quartzsite is ok in the winter. I'm what they call a "Snowbird". Google LTVA. long term visitors area. It's set up by the BLM as a winter haven for RV types. I pay 180 bucks to stay the winter. There's also a LTVA across the river from Yuma in California by the imperial dam area. I hang out on Dome Rock road area about 5 miles west of Quartzsite. I have no idea why anyone would want to take that land away from the Apaches, they would have to love to suffer---in the summer.

The Camel memorial is still there. I do a bit of prospecting but not really very enthused. So far in 5 years I  only found 2 small flakes. In the winter that whole area is a case of---when the sun goes down the sweat on your forehead freezes.

Ah, I would not return to Arizona for the winter or any other time of year if you paid me to go. 

People used to believe that if you just added water, the desert would bloom.  That is true - until the water runs out.  And it looks like that is a real possibility as long as people over load the available resources farming and just living.  Large portions of the desert are permanently (or as near permanent as makes no never mind) destroyed because of too many humans trying to live on too few resources.

But regardless of the ecological damage that is caused by even the presence of just one more human (me), I still wouldn't go to Arizona.  Not even to visit the many relatives that still live there.   Maybe not especially to go visit.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Moved post . . .

------------------------   Moved down below,  alittle further  down  ------------------------

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Ok, good Qs.

tonyjeffers wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

danatemporary wrote:

I got the idea.

Old Seer wrote-  " One's religion is what makes one the person that one is. Everyone is a victim of someone else,s imagination. If a leader is an idiot the followers are idiots. Leaders make their followers as they. Civilization is a liars paradise (consider the polititian), a fools parade."

Specializations, divisions of labor,- Bio-Smurf,Psycho Smurf" , hierarchy-"Alpha Smurf" -  These all sound like characteristics of civilization to me.

What makes you so sure you are not a victim of someone else's imagination?

'Miracles' that you believe in but are not quite sure how they work??

It seems to me you have done your best to bring religion down to earth, but in the end -  All you appear to be left with is claiming your own brand of faith and a new spin on "The Man is keeping us down"
I'd rather have you around than The 700 club tho.  Smiling

Alpha Smurf is an expression of all combined. There's no hierarchy. The titling is only their professions that they were in. There is no boss, we don't need any. The equating "Smurf" was attached before I meet any of them, the reference remained. One can be a carpenter without there being civilization or being a member of one.

We were a victim of someone else,s imagination, as civilization is the creation of a society from a previous person's imagination. For the line of the Hebrews it was Nimrod. For westerners it would be unknown unless history can be traced back to the institution of Western civilization. That might be possible. we're still stuck with the world as it is and still must deal with it. But mostly now, we would be a victim of nature's imagination---if nature has an imagination, at least not a cognitive imagination.

I don't believe "in" miracles, I understand there may be a process that miracles may be possible. I find it hard to believe in what I don't understand. I have a little faith in the idea but where I myself is concerned---show me. I don't know where any of the others are on the idea as far as faith or belief goes. They're looking into how miracles may happen or be brought to come about. Even Psycho types and medical floks  in the general world are looking into that idea.

Correct- we're claiming our own brand of belief, but it's not only ours,. It's the same as the gospel writers had. That we wish to express is---what has been Christianity in the worlds simply isn't. It's a mistake to blame JC for what Europeans did. Europeans never were Christians. They claimed Christianity but made no changes. They did the same as they would have even if they never heard of Christianity.  Europeans were always killers of those they disagreed with. They were the same before and after they claimed to be Christian.

In the Atheist V Theist form I posted in The Greaterst I Am,s thread, the Schematics. Have a look at them.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
The our Father .. and .. the 'God the Father' :

Old-Seer wrote:
Correct- we're claiming our own brand of belief, but it's not only ours,. It's the same as the gospel writers had. That we wish to express is .. has been Christianity

(NKJV) Gospel of John Ch. 8 --

Bible verse wrote:
They [Abraham's seed] answered Him, “We are Abraham’s descendants, and have never been in bondage to anyone. How can You say, ‘You will be made free’?” Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever.  Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.
“I know that you are Abraham’s descendants, but you seek to kill Me, because My word has no place in you. I speak what I have seen with My Father, and you do what you have seen with your father.”

They answered and said to Him, “Abraham is our father.”

Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would do the works of Abraham. But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this.  You do the deeds of your father.” Then they said to Him, “We were not born of fornication; we have one Father—God.”  Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but the Father sent Me. Because you are not able to listen to My word. Which of you convicts Me of sin? And if I tell the truth, why do you not believe Me?  He who is of the Father hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.”

(NKJV)  Colossians Ch. 1  --

Bible quote wrote:
Colossians Ch. 1 - "increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to the Father's glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; w/ thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light.

?

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Consider the conflict

danatemporary wrote:

Old-Seer wrote:
Correct- we're claiming our own brand of belief, but it's not only ours,. It's the same as the gospel writers had. That we wish to express is .. has been Christianity

(NKJV) Gospel of John Ch. 8 --

Bible verse wrote:
They [Abraham's seed] answered Him, “We are Abraham’s descendants, and have never been in bondage to anyone. How can You say, ‘You will be made free’?” Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever.  Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.
“I know that you are Abraham’s descendants, but you seek to kill Me, because My word has no place in you. I speak what I have seen with My Father, and you do what you have seen with your father.”

They answered and said to Him, “Abraham is our father.”

Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would do the works of Abraham. But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this.  You do the deeds of your father.” Then they said to Him, “We were not born of fornication; we have one Father—God.”  Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but the Father sent Me. Because you are not able to listen to My word. Which of you convicts Me of sin? And if I tell the truth, why do you not believe Me?  He who is of the Father hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.”

(NKJV)  Colossians Ch. 1  --

Bible quote wrote:
Colossians Ch. 1 - "increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to the Father's glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; w/ thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light.

?

The San Hedrin / civil floks are looking at genetics, or physical line. JC is looking at Abraham from a spiritual/mental entity. They're not doing the works of Abraham, which works extend from the person, as the the person is a state of mind. In essence if they were to do the works of Abraham then they would have to "think" like Abraham. In Jc's world it's the mental that counts over the physical. Also notice they don't understand him, and even the Apostles at times thought he was nuts.

Also be understanding that JC is not a Jew he comes from the genetic line but is not a member of the Jewish religion. He is representative if "his"<---(see the beginning) religion or beliefs. What this is -is a conflict of religions.

Ok, now here's something to note about the writings of the letters/epistles. During the study a question arises from a Smurf, saying, I can't figure these letters out, they don't make sense. They don't go anywhere. I didn't know what he meant, so I asked on my sheet, what do you mean. Again it comes around -samo samo. It turns out that the Apostles are refering to something that they were teaching but not "what" they were teaching. such as--they were teaching Christianity but there's no information as to what it is. There's no given formula like the 10 commandments. What the letters are doing is refering to, or re-enforcing something they taught, not the facts of what it is. What religions have been doing is saying ---follow JC---JC is the answer to your problems (well so is a nice fat check in the mail too). But you'll notice they don't say how or what----just do that. How do I follow JC if they can't tell me what or how, just put money in the basket. They have no idea what the confines of the man are about. So, on an overall study of the book we came up with it-----it's Adam.

Thank the Father for this that and the other thing. OK fine---but what's the father???????. OK---The common thinking in todays Christiandumb is that God created the universe. Not so---so how so. It's the other way. The universe creates God. 

First there was the physical and then the spiritual--the Apostle says. Then the material came first. Logically----> from the material the brain formed, within the brain the spiritual forms----you. The father may be the forces that cause you to form, but there's no intelligence needed to form you, not that we can tell anyways. So there you are, that,s God/way-a way of being came into existence. So if there's any thanking to do then when you sit down to dinner thank those who labored to see to it that you have the food. The Hispanic in the hot sun, the guy at the refinery, the guy at auto plant that produced the vehicle so one doesn't have to walk their dogs off to get to the super market, the stock boy at the market, the trucker who got it there. Hell I do. I can spend 5 seconds of my day to give a thought to them. And how about hoping that somebody somewhere is giving thanks for my efforts as well as everyone else,s. It's only a "human" thing to do---right. Smiling  Smiling  Smiling

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
The western states

cj wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

Ah, I would not return to Arizona for the winter or any other time of year if you paid me to go. 

People used to believe that if you just added water, the desert would bloom.  That is true - until the water runs out.  And it looks like that is a real possibility as long as people over load the available resources farming and just living.  Large portions of the desert are permanently (or as near permanent as makes no never mind) destroyed because of too many humans trying to live on too few resources.

But regardless of the ecological damage that is caused by even the presence of just one more human (me), I still wouldn't go to Arizona.  Not even to visit the many relatives that still live there.   Maybe not especially to go visit.

have really gotten their Skivvies in bind. There isn't enough water from the Colorado and the aquifers to keep up. The US Congress has already cut off the Colorado from a sizable portion of northern California. Orange groves, nut farms , and vegetable farms are turning to dust. I'm not sure but I think it was Phoenix that hauled 8 foot piping to Lake Superior with the idea of running a line to AZ. The shore states plus Canada said-Nada, no go, cease and desist. The lakes have already been 3 feet lower then normal for the past several years. The San Gabriel river north of LA isn't keeping up for the foothill towns around the San Gabriel Mt's. I camp out on my way north on the East Fork for 2 weeks on the way to OR to see my Mother. The reservoirs are 20 feet low at times. The western states are reaching their population limits.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:have really

Old Seer wrote:

have really gotten their Skivvies in bind. There isn't enough water from the Colorado and the aquifers to keep up. The US Congress has already cut off the Colorado from a sizable portion of northern California. Orange groves, nut farms , and vegetable farms are turning to dust. I'm not sure but I think it was Phoenix that hauled 8 foot piping to Lake Superior with the idea of running a line to AZ. The shore states plus Canada said-Nada, no go, cease and desist. The lakes have already been 3 feet lower then normal for the past several years. The San Gabriel river north of LA isn't keeping up for the foothill towns around the San Gabriel Mt's. I camp out on my way north on the East Fork for 2 weeks on the way to OR to see my Mother. The reservoirs are 20 feet low at times. The western states are reaching their population limits.

The problem starts in the 1920s.  That is when a survey of the available water in the Colorado River was taken.  Unfortunately, that was also an exceptionally wet year.  With the result that water was allocated on a high level, rather than an average level.  They have been fighting over it for years.  Congress will not take the steps to reevaluate available water since all those agreements would have to be rewritten and no one - absolutely no one - would be happy with the reality.

The Central Arizona Project - CAP - is one completed project building a canal from the Colorado River to Tucson.  And it was a bad idea from the start.  The reality is tragic.

The Pacific Northwest is project to be cooler and wetter than normal for the next few years.  I have no idea why people curse the rain.  It may be tiresome towards early summer, but the alternative is - desert.

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer

Old Seer.

Once again I am pasting something of your from another thread so I/we do not hi-jack another.

Old Seer wrote " the European interpretations of the book. No such nonsense is forwarded in the book unless one interprets it as such. The Euros had their religion before they ever got the book, there is no difference in their religion before and after JC. If their interpretation were correct then they were Christians before JC arrived. Heaven is a mental condition of happiness and must exist while one is physically alive.  Hell is the same as destroyed--dead. There's no life when dead. The only thing after that is resurrection, and that takes place after Armageddon when all is settled. This interpretation is according to Alpha Smurf, it is up to the receiver of the information to accept or reject"

Forgive any repetitive questions or me missing things in some of your answers. My mind is required to give attention on many different things right now.

Above you talk of the receiver of the information. I know I asked you before-  Why here, why atheists, and where else do you infiltrate, etc.?

Why not publish somewhere Brand A's interpretation to a broader audience, at least to the best of your abilities, instead of just feeding bits of it here and there.  And leave any unfinished business with a '...to be continued' in Vol. 2

I'm not talking about an unravelling of the King James, but a simple Brand A from scratch in plain English.

I know I asked you why not just start a new thread with a mission statement instead of just posting in other people's thread here and there, and you replied it would be too much for a thread.

But I would think if you believe in this, you would find it of the utmost importance to get this out to the world (repeat)

Instead of people trying to grasp this in fragments, they could sit down on their own time with full attention.

Really, what  would you expect one to do even if they thought you may be on to something?  You said there is no 'cypher' so to speak. 

Don't get me wrong, I see the minimal basics of how you've interpreted things, but me or anyone else is just gonna open up the bible and smell the same old stink.

Is this really just a trial run to see if anyone will buy in to your new brand of faith by showing us that christians have it all wrong.

It's like you are agreeing with us about a definition being wrong, but also pointing out it was mis-spelled and not giving the proper spelling. Then saying we would understand the definition if we knew how to spell it properly.

Honestly, the way you speak (as above) gives me the idea that you are relying on the power of speech and allure, much in the same way any evangelist would his ploy. 

Not to insult you, but I highly doubt you are making the light bulbs in the brains go off all over the place.

If it is all up to the receiver why not just set it out there? Forget about Brand X and say here's Brand A the whole shibbang and let us know if you have any questions.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Ok, good Qs.

tonyjeffers wrote:

Old Seer.

Once again I am pasting something of your from another thread so I/we do not hi-jack another.

Old Seer wrote " the European interpretations of the book. No such nonsense is forwarded in the book unless one interprets it as such. The Euros had their religion before they ever got the book, there is no difference in their religion before and after JC. If their interpretation were correct then they were Christians before JC arrived. Heaven is a mental condition of happiness and must exist while one is physically alive.  Hell is the same as destroyed--dead. There's no life when dead. The only thing after that is resurrection, and that takes place after Armageddon when all is settled. This interpretation is according to Alpha Smurf, it is up to the receiver of the information to accept or reject"

Forgive any repetitive questions or me missing things in some of your answers. My mind is required to give attention on many different things right now.

Above you talk of the receiver of the information. I know I asked you before-  Why here, why atheists, and where else do you infiltrate, etc.?

Why not publish somewhere Brand A's interpretation to a broader audience, at least to the best of your abilities, instead of just feeding bits of it here and there.  And leave any unfinished business with a '...to be continued' in Vol. 2

I'm not talking about an unravelling of the King James, but a simple Brand A from scratch in plain English.

I know I asked you why not just start a new thread with a mission statement instead of just posting in other people's thread here and there, and you replied it would be too much for a thread.

But I would think if you believe in this, you would find it of the utmost importance to get this out to the world (repeat)

Instead of people trying to grasp this in fragments, they could sit down on their own time with full attention.

Really, what  would you expect one to do even if they thought you may be on to something?  You said there is no 'cypher' so to speak. 

Don't get me wrong, I see the minimal basics of how you've interpreted things, but me or anyone else is just gonna open up the bible and smell the same old stink.

Is this really just a trial run to see if anyone will buy in to your new brand of faith by showing us that christians have it all wrong.

It's like you are agreeing with us about a definition being wrong, but also pointing out it was mis-spelled and not giving the proper spelling. Then saying we would understand the definition if we knew how to spell it properly.

Honestly, the way you speak (as above) gives me the idea that you are relying on the power of speech and allure, much in the same way any evangelist would his ploy. 

Not to insult you, but I highly doubt you are making the light bulbs in the brains go off all over the place.

If it is all up to the receiver why not just set it out there? Forget about Brand X and say here's Brand A the whole shibbang and let us know if you have any questions.

1- why here----I received a note from Alpha Smurf asking if I would look over this site  (This site is their finding). If I find it compatible then post our interpretations. They find the conditions on planet warrant something be done with what has become known. It has been 20 years since the completion of the study (1992). It is the opinion of the Psycho Smurfs that if the present mental condition persist we will be entering a new area as proposed by the US Government---endless war. Your economy now requires war as a necessity. I am a US Marine and I can tell you --I smell war. Marines are outstanding in this intuition.

More-over-- the Wall street deal of 2008. Wall Street has now become the US government and has set up a continuous train robbery set up for every 8 to 10 years. Look at the last 40 years---we've been here to see it. The entire operation has become nothing more then insider trading. Dishonesty is the rule of the day. The people no longer own the fruits of their labor. This system cannot be left to continue.

Then there's peak oil, You can figure that one by a Google Search. At this point in time the entire world systems cannot possibly work. The fat cats are not going to pay the price for their behavior---you are. The only thing possible that the world could need saving from are the ones running it. The people aren't at fault for anything and it's they that will pay the price--on the battle fields, in the food markets, paying the roadways that are to extensive to repair. taxes now need to be so high to solve problems that the people are not at fault for etc. Alpha Smurf determines it is time for them to go. All that's needed is the right info in the hands of the ones to suffer the consequences of others mistakes and lies. Alpha Smurf has determined --it is better to have 20% of the people left alive rather then no one.

I've been sent here because I'm the Bible Smurf, and as such it is my job. ( before Alpha Smurf I was a Atheist)They are watching. And according to them there are good thinkers here.

No -Just here--this has to spread slowly, to fast and "we" become liable. It is to spread at the speed of the grapevine, and that is the determination of the masses. It's going to be their show and any thing or way that developes is satisfactory. When it begins to spread our job is basically done. Atheists are the best base to start on. Religious entities and government are not, they are exceptionally blind and experts at lying and deception.

2- That,s why we're here, we know we got the right place to start. From here it goes everywhere.

3- Our full attention- That would be Ok but I don't see how. We're relying on person to person. Maybe the Smurfs will have me stay here. But, after a while it becomes automatic--it adds itself up. AND one need not know every detail for this to work. The basics is all that are necessary. Uncle Sam will be here--- you can count on it--we are. He will get my full attention.

4- Trial run, no. This is the real deal.

5- Floks automatically propagate what they learn or believe--especially if it's new. Even a skeptic will propagate it without intending.

6- If you see the minimal basics you're on your way. One thing after another will begin to add in. If it's false it won't. Only truth adds up. That's why the Euro brand of Christianity doesn't add up--it.s false. You may not be an Atheist by choice, you may be one on accounts of misinformation. I was.

7- Evangelizing , well yes, but with a limit. We're relying on the grapevine. As previous mention- it's going to be the people's show. Vengence is mine says the lord, The final say (God) on planet earth goes to the people--not the elites that run it now.

8- Light bulbs. Psycho Smurfs say lights are going on.

9- It's to long of an explanation to put on one page or a few. More-over, at this time detailed explanations are necessary. Someone has to give answers to questions. At one time we tried to write what we refer to as The Alpha Summery. The sum of the find. We couldn't do it simply. It gets so involved one looses track of where one is at, and it's to much writing. It's like a tree--what branch are we on. And again, we see many possible questions that one can ask, they're seemingly endless. It's better to answer questions then try to answer in writing. It si better to have one self instruct and find a some on their own then have to explain every detail. We know (as it happened to us) that at some point it adds up on it's own. My oldest daughter needs no instruction anymore. At a certain point she went with it on her own. We can now converse on things I never taught her. She sees the same problem here. Over time it adds itself together.

Brand -A vs Brand-X. - everyone here is/was under the impression that what we were posting was the same old Christianity.  The situation turned out that there had to be a way to compare.

We agree with you--there;s is no God existing as commonly believed. BUT, the book shows a different concept, namely, you me and everyone else. We are about the Me-nome, not the G-nome. Me-nome is the mind, G-nome is the body. Adam is about the Me-nome.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
What is the 'spirit' ??

When you can find the time Old Seer ..

Book of Hebrews -- Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience. For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to 'the division of soul and spirit', and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

John 6:63 --3 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life. pneuma πνεῦμά "Spirit"

Galatians 6 -- Do not be deceived: God is not mocked  .. but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap..

Book of Proverbs --  The spirit of a man will sustain him in sickness, But who can bear a broken spirit?

2 Cor. 3 -- .. through Christ toward God. Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God, who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Book of Proverbs -- The spirit of a man is the lamp of the LORD, Searching all the innermost parts of his being.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Hi Dana

danatemporary wrote:

When you can find the time Old Seer ..

Book of Hebrews -- Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience. For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to 'the division of soul and spirit', and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

John 6:63 --3 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life. pneuma πνεῦμά "Spirit"

Galatians 6 -- Do not be deceived: God is not mocked  .. but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap..

Book of Proverbs --  The spirit of a man will sustain him in sickness, But who can bear a broken spirit?

2 Cor. 3 -- .. through Christ toward God. Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God, who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Book of Proverbs -- The spirit of a man is the lamp of the LORD, Searching all the innermost parts of his being.

I didn't see you post until this morning. I've got to many irons in the fire. What I'm going to do is start my own thread. I was going to start this morni8ng but I may delay a bit, to until tomorrow morning. I'll be starting off with creation. I came to mind that it's where the Smurfs started so why not start there. I need to review creation, and if there's one thing about this, is digging back into the book of which I'm so tired of I'm simply don't care to but am going to have to. What makes it easier is the online bibles which we didn't have back then (30 years ago). I don't mind others quoting the book as you just did because I can answer without the book. I've become terribly lazy on bible lookups---boring.

OK Q-1 "That rest"=peace of mind, the goal of Christianity, the 7th Day. (see how it works, everything biblical starts at creation).

Word of God living and powerful=Word creates the inner self under which "you" become the power in your own life", God = way/power. Christianity sees God as dwelling within, not out in space, the same as your own person.

two edges sword-- You, be cut not matter which way you go=truth is final, you can't get away from it, as trying to run away from yourself---can't be done. Once one understands the personal makeup it cannot be denied.

Joints and marrow=the divisions of the contents (attributes) of one's person. (as Christianity is a matter of person, not anything actually physical or material) Notice it deals with thoughts, not body/physical. Joint and marrow are symbolic.

creature=what is created before creation. The creations that make up the "self", as in creeping thing=catlike-predator. We all contain predator mentality. (Just pointing to one of the creatures as an example.

Naked and open= Adam is naked and not ashamed. again not physical. It means unhidden/nothing to hide/honest/a true person of integrety/not phoney. Once the fall takes place they became phonies and had to hide their new character,as polititians have to do today, and in essence so with everyone. We live in lies to hide the self from be recognized as a lower then human character. Everyone does it. Civlization is constructed and relies on lies.

2- the flesh profits nothing. Correct. The flesh does not make one human or animal. There's no such thing as a human body. The body profits nothing in the spiritual, and the body merely contains the person, but within the brain.

3-Letter kills. Letter =exactitude. Exactitudes don't allow for freedom of mind, there must be flexability in life. Exactitudes kill one and creates another of rigidity. You'll also see in the book where it says 'Law Kills" that's true. What they are referring to is civil law which is rigid. It removes free thought and replaces it with thought to conform. That kills the child in you and you become mature within boundaries of those that create the law. Creation of person (good and evil) goes to the State. You are no longer allowed to be natural, which typically means you are not allowed to be Christian. We proved that in a court case.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
You know the drill . .

Dont  forget this thread now.  You know the drill . .

18 .. to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, 19 by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison, 20 who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water. 21 There is also an antitype which now saves us—baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, 22 ..And is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to Him.

:
:

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Super

danatemporary wrote:

Dont  forget this thread now.  You know the drill . .

18 .. to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, 19 by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison, 20 who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water. 21 There is also an antitype which now saves us—baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, 22 ..And is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to Him.

There is this saying in the USMC-- No good deed goes unpunished. Doing good has it's consequences and they can be drastic. To do a good to another may require you to accept an evil upon yourself. Taking a sick friend to the doctor requires you to pay the gas. You sustain an evil upon you for the sake of a friend. But-to purposely do an evil (it's what the world runs on presently) brings about two evils, and that can be upon ones self and many others. IE-- Bush and Cheney,s war idea. Do a perpetrated evil on someone else (6000,000 or more Iraqis) to bring about a good for his cronies and America---with no provocation from the Iraqis. Central government and business operates on this premise.

He suffered for everyone. It was necessary to pay the consequences to change the status quo.

JC never preached in any prison so this is symbolic- In this case the prisoners are those held captive/imprisoned (mentally) by civil law. civil law operates on caging people into a desired direction of thought which creates a blindness to other avenues of thought. It means to release through understanding into free thought-or become ones own person rather then be one of false religions and and other authorities. Bear in mind that the mission of Christianity is to remove all powers. principalities and authorities. An Apostle points that out. You cannot be only human until that process is complete, or have a hard time maintaining yourself as such. Authorities need regulated and submissive sheep not humans, commonly termed, Sheepole, From your birth they unwittingly create you from what is natural into their (like themselves) idea and then have to regulate the harm their creation can be or cause.

The flood at Noah,s time was an Armageddon of it's time. There was no H2/O involved, They flooded over with hate and anger and killed each other off. To much evil can do that to floks. That's were the world is headed now.

I can't comment on 21- I don't know where he's coming from with that. It seems to be an intricacy hard to understand.

22-wow. It's not that he is actually in control of the PP&A (powers , principalities and Authorities, it looks to me that he merely has the powers to take action against the PP&A , we are excersising this power at the moment. Anyone who understands him inherits this same ability. The idea technically is that any one understanding acqures the power to throw out the PP&A from their life. Understand JC/Christianity is a "YOU". everyone has it, one only needs to understand it. We say--don't follow us---become as us---then you're on your own.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
What's the story with Jesus (according to the Smurfdum) ?

What's the story with  Jesus according to all the Smurfdum ?

Old Seer wrote:

I can't comment on 21- I don't know where he's coming from with that It seems to be an intricacy hard to understand   ¬1 Corinthians 15:20

Could crack the book open for this one,.  Passage according to the Gospel of John 19 - 20 . .  . .

Crucified on a cross  31 And Jesus said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit, when he died. Therefore, because it was the Preparation Day, that the bodies should not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day)  ..  Now, Joseph of Arimathea, being a disciple of Jesus, but secretly, for fear of the Jews, asked Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus; and Pilate gave him Jesus.  And So there they laid Jesus in a tomb that was nearby ..  --

20  11 But Mary stood outside by the tomb weeping 13 And two Angels said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping?”  She said to them, “Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid the body of Jesus.”  ..

Later

15 Jesus speaking said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?” She, supposing Him to be the gardener, said to Him, “Sir, if You have carried my Lord away, tell me where; you have laid Him, and then I will take Him away” .. Jesus said to her, “Mary!”  She turned and said to Him, “Rabboni!” (which is to say, Teacher).. 17 Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father.. 22 And when Rabboni had said this, Jesus breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit.... 23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”

You need not comment but only read the Ch. "19", please comment on the rest of the passage about the burial scene.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Hokay-

danatemporary wrote:

What's the story with  Jesus according to all the Smurfdum ?

Old Seer wrote:

I can't comment on 21- I don't know where he's coming from with that It seems to be an intricacy hard to understand   ¬1 Corinthians 15:20

Could crack the book open for this one,.  Passage according to the Gospel of John 19 - 20 . .  . .

Crucified on a cross  31 And Jesus said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit, when he died. Therefore, because it was the Preparation Day, that the bodies should not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day)  ..  Now, Joseph of Arimathea, being a disciple of Jesus, but secretly, for fear of the Jews, asked Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus; and Pilate gave him Jesus.  And So there they laid Jesus in a tomb that was nearby ..  --

20  11 But Mary stood outside by the tomb weeping 13 And two Angels said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping?”  She said to them, “Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid the body of Jesus.”  ..

Later

15 Jesus speaking said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?” She, supposing Him to be the gardener, said to Him, “Sir, if You have carried my Lord away, tell me where; you have laid Him, and then I will take Him away” .. Jesus said to her, “Mary!”  She turned and said to Him, “Rabboni!” (which is to say, Teacher).. 17 Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father.. 22 And when Rabboni had said this, Jesus breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit.... 23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”

You need not comment but only read the Ch. "19", please comment on the rest of the passage about the burial scene.

paragraph 1-  They have to go to the Roman authority to retrieve the body. Being that JC is not of the Hebrew religion his followers won't be showing up at the San Hedan's door to ask for anything. That's asking for more trouble. And in having a higher powers permission they couldn't be questioned in the removal of the body. As far as the San Hedran would be concerned---just dump it out into the landfill.

2- Here we have 2 angels--????? Where did they come from and who are they. All we have is a hunch. As far as we know you can't have a spiritual without the physical. It looks like they would be people of some kind. Angel has different applications. The main one is messenger. But- there seems to be a 3rd party. There's the normal Hebrews, and then there's the newly formed Christians, and then there's these Angel guys. In the old testament Lot is sitting at the gate of Sodom when one of these types approaches. Lot recognizes him/it as a man/person. So who is he???. It seems as these types are always hanging in the background. There's a passage- before time the prophets were called Seers. OK, what's before time. We say before civilization, but that could mean before Creation.  It could be they taught Adam how to be Adam. This stuff really gets to far fetched at times and is mere speculation, but they're somebody. We speculate that they are still here.

3-This takes me way back to when I see JC as an idiot and a fraud. Why would anyone come to save the world and then knowingly get himself killed. It seems to me that one would stay and get the job done. It turns out that someone has to prove/show the final outcome of Christianity which is immortality and resurrection.  But then again---- if he could work miracles and raise the dead that should be proof enough that immortality is possible. But then again why not like this---Say there Mr. San Hedran, take as look at this girl over here she' dead, have look for yourself. Mr. San Hedran goes over and finds--yup, she's dead alright, siff as a board and cold as a mackerel on ice. Ok dude stand back and watch this---biizzzert. How about those apples guy, do you believe now. ??? Why things got handled the way they did is baffling. Another thing it shows is---who's at fault for this mess. Who is willing and "will" kill to maintain status and superiority. Isn't it the government that killed him. who killed the Apostles---the government. Who's doing and causing 99.9% of the killing going on today---government. Who turned the wall street predators loose---the government. So regardless. miracles or not, there's no need to put faith in things not understood. It's been to long (2000 years) and it's excusable for a no faith deal when it comes to immortality or miracle working. the trail is cold. Miracles get worked from peaceful minds. Lets get that done first and let miracles take care of themselves. I hope I've been helpful.  Smiling

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Could you elaborate on this, if you would . .

Old Seer wrote:
if he could work miracles and raise the dead that should be proof enough that immortality is possible. But then again why not like this---Say there Mr. San Hedran, take as look at this girl over here she' dead, have look for yourself. Mr. San Hedran goes over and finds--yup, she's dead alright, siff as a board and cold as a mackerel on ice. Ok dude stand back and watch this---biizzzert. How about those apples guy, do you believe now. ??? Why things got handled the way they did is baffling. Another thing it shows is---who's at fault for this mess. Who is willing and "will" kill to maintain status and superiority. Isn't it the government that killed him. who killed the Apostles---the government. Who's doing and causing 99.9% of the killing going on today---government. Who turned the wall street predators loose---the government. So regardless. miracles or not, there's no need to put faith in things not understood. It's been to long (2000 years)

Could you elaborate on what things you considered .. 'wrong' about the passage and what  Brand-X thinks of this . .

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote:Old Seer

danatemporary wrote:

Old Seer wrote:
if he could work miracles and raise the dead that should be proof enough that immortality is possible. But then again why not like this---Say there Mr. San Hedran, take as look at this girl over here she' dead, have look for yourself. Mr. San Hedran goes over and finds--yup, she's dead alright, siff as a board and cold as a mackerel on ice. Ok dude stand back and watch this---biizzzert. How about those apples guy, do you believe now. ??? Why things got handled the way they did is baffling. Another thing it shows is---who's at fault for this mess. Who is willing and "will" kill to maintain status and superiority. Isn't it the government that killed him. who killed the Apostles---the government. Who's doing and causing 99.9% of the killing going on today---government. Who turned the wall street predators loose---the government. So regardless. miracles or not, there's no need to put faith in things not understood. It's been to long (2000 years)

Could you elaborate on what things you considered .. 'wrong' about the passage and what  Brand-X thinks of this . .

I can't say what's wrong with it. We have no idea how miracles take place. ( if I'm understanding your question). Brand -X doesn't know either. They accept it as is. If I understand our side of it right it all has to prove out in time that there will come those that can work miracles or raise the dead. What's odd tho is how all of a sudden all the miracle working moved westward when the Euros acquired the book. We don't see how those miracles were done and say they aren't true. It's a scam as far are we're concerned. Think of it--if the water at Lourdes France actually cured people there wouldn't be a sick person on the planet. Brand-X is scam all through. JC points out (if one is to go by him) that miracles won't be done until after this world passes away. Brand=X would have to accept the passage as is and----so do we.  As best I know at this time Alpha smurf can't produce miracle 1. It would be nice but reality is reality.

However I do have something for you---you seemed at one time to be interested in contentment etc. I'll explain the Tree of life.

It's always been here and present within one's own nature. First-the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Knowledge is as a tree. it has the root, the trunk, branches and leaves. It would look like your family tree as all trees l are similar. It's nothing more then creating one's own idea of what good and evil is, that is, a conscious reasoning to make something good or evil by choice. That's what civil governments do. What is good today can be made evil tomorrow. it depends on the reason they want to manipulate the masses.

I'll put the tree of life in modern-up to date usage------Are you ready----SHIT HAPPENS. The tree of life is accepting the good with the bad on equal terms. But, one has at least a minor control of events in one's life. The tree of life are those things that no one can do anything about, it's what comes at you and what you encounter. With experience one can avoid evils before they happen. A tree falls on your house, bad deal right. It causes you to grieve, but there's nothing you can do about it. In a day or so after the event you have to reconcile the event and accept the consequences. Put the smile back on your face. Pick yourself up and realize you have friends. Do your best to make the best of it. Remaining sad isn't going to change a thing. There's a time to cry and there's a time to laugh. Face it---smile-happiness is a choice. bear in mind---happiness happens too. In a few days if not sooner -get your spiritual shit back together. There's help all around, take advantage of it. On the other side you may end up with a better house then you had before, or be in a worse situation for a while, but it's not over until it's over. Let happiness be up to you not a stupid wind storm. Does all this sound familiar---well--- that's life. There's life +, and there's life -. That is universal construction. It is not here for you, and it is not here against you, it just is. Something makes you sad, but what's the point in living in the sadness. You will become more calm and be a more happy person. Accept the consequences of "being". It's not your fault you're here--is it. Is the book right-or is it wrong. Someone knew long before you and I arrived here.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Purification AND NT Offering(s)

Old Seer wrote:
    The only reason there's theologians is because they haven't got it right. Everyone one has become victims of terminology. Control of the masses partially is done by skewing words.  [In their] Controlling the meaning of words..

Purification AND NT Offering(s) :

You once said to GodsUseForAMosquito .. "I'm only answering someone's questions as to how the book is interpreted"' What do you make of this part of the book ? Just curious what you think of these partial passages - fore you say you have an understanding of the Christian book. Seems to contextually indicate this . . .

Purification :: Hebrews 9:22b .."without the shedding of blood there is no remission for sin"

Gospel of John 1 - The next day John the Baptist *saw Jesus coming to him and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the World"

2 Corinthians 5 - For our sake He made Him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in Jesus we might become the righteousness of God.

Romans 6    How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness .. For we have been united together in the likeness of His death,. Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness; ..And have become slaves to righteousness. Cross-reference 1 Corinthians 6:19-20