I could really use some financial advice please.

Zeeboe
User is offlineOffline
I could really use some financial advice please.

I'm a school-bus monitor, and for the pass two years, the hours at my job have gone down. I work six and a half hours, I don't work on weekends, major holidays, or the summer. My rent has also gone up, and seems to keep going up, and is now 760-something every month when it was over a hundred dollars less when I first moved in. My last paycheck was like 436-something and that's usually how most of my paychecks look. Things are going really bad. Sad

Having typed that, I'm worried I may have to ask my parents if I can move back in with them next year. My lease is up in early 2013. Based on what I've told you, do you think I'd have to move back home or is there any chance for me at all? There's another apartment near by that is about 500-something a month. I thought about moving there, but I still worry if I can afford it or not.

It's also hard to find a second job, and even if I did, my job skills are limited, and I don't have a car either.

By the way - Just one extra question please - Apart of me thinks that if I have to move back home next year, I'd like to figuratively have a "Last Supper". In other words, do something fun. I was thinking of going to Europe for two weeks. England for a week, and Germany for five days. I'd probably go in October, and just put most of the trip on my credit card. Then when I move back home in early 2012, I'd save up a few paychecks, and pay it all off, but for the first few months, I'd have to pay the bare minimum. Does this sound like a good idea or would it just make things worst?

One more thing - If there are any kids or teens reading this, please stay in school and do well in school. Go to school everyday, pay attention in class, and do your homework. Don't let troublemakers or party animals or drugs or booze or anything or anyone else mess things up for you. People like me have the problems we do because we didn't do well in school. My problem was I was lazy and I was stupid, and now I get to be a bum for the rest of his life who works on a bus, doesn't drive a car, collects food stamps, and may have to live with his parents and I'm almost 30. I'm also a junior college drop-up and single. Know why? Cause no decent woman wants to be with a man who can't provide for her. If you don't want to be like me, you need to do the opposite of what I did when I was a kid, and do really well in school. I never cared about the future and look where it got me. You don't want to end up like this one day.

(Sorry for the whining and the preaching. I'm a little blue right now.)

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
And Canada doesn't have to

And Canada doesn't have to go to war because they share the longest, undefended border on the planet the world's superpower.   America will never allow anyone to invade Canada.   So Canada has the luxury of just sitting there all fat and happy, content in the knowledge that big daddy will take care of them.

Pretty sweet deal you hosers have.

America is the 4th most hated country, Canada is the most liked.   Because they don't do anything.   Thanks for all the comedians though.   They're awesome.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watcher......

...... just a few facts.  Canada has six submarines,  3 in the Canadian Navy and 3 at the West Edmunton Mall. Over 300 Canadians died while serving in US units in Viet Nam, around 150 have died in combat in Afghanistan in Canadian units. The recent NATO stand against Gadaffi's Libya was commaded by a  Canadian General leading with Canadian fighter jets. He still commands the NATO support effort for the current Libyan government.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Sockra Tease
User is offlineOffline
Zeeboe wrote:I'm a

Zeeboe wrote:

I'm a school-bus monitor, and for the pass two years, the hours at my job have gone down. I work six and a half hours, I don't work on weekends, major holidays, or the summer. My rent has also gone up, and seems to keep going up, and is now 760-something every month when it was over a hundred dollars less when I first moved in. My last paycheck was like 436-something and that's usually how most of my paychecks look. Things are going really bad. Sad

Having typed that, I'm worried I may have to ask my parents if I can move back in with them next year. My lease is up in early 2013. Based on what I've told you, do you think I'd have to move back home or is there any chance for me at all? There's another apartment near by that is about 500-something a month. I thought about moving there, but I still worry if I can afford it or not.

It's also hard to find a second job, and even if I did, my job skills are limited, and I don't have a car either.

By the way - Just one extra question please - Apart of me thinks that if I have to move back home next year, I'd like to figuratively have a "Last Supper". In other words, do something fun. I was thinking of going to Europe for two weeks. England for a week, and Germany for five days. I'd probably go in October, and just put most of the trip on my credit card. Then when I move back home in early 2012, I'd save up a few paychecks, and pay it all off, but for the first few months, I'd have to pay the bare minimum. Does this sound like a good idea or would it just make things worst?

One more thing - If there are any kids or teens reading this, please stay in school and do well in school. Go to school everyday, pay attention in class, and do your homework. Don't let troublemakers or party animals or drugs or booze or anything or anyone else mess things up for you. People like me have the problems we do because we didn't do well in school. My problem was I was lazy and I was stupid, and now I get to be a bum for the rest of his life who works on a bus, doesn't drive a car, collects food stamps, and may have to live with his parents and I'm almost 30. I'm also a junior college drop-up and single. Know why? Cause no decent woman wants to be with a man who can't provide for her. If you don't want to be like me, you need to do the opposite of what I did when I was a kid, and do really well in school. I never cared about the future and look where it got me. You don't want to end up like this one day.

(Sorry for the whining and the preaching. I'm a little blue right now.)

Most important question; what do you want to do with the rest of your life?

Just earn a paycheck or do you have a specific skill/interest/hobby you want to earn a living with?

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

Jeffrick wrote:
              ...... just a few facts.  Canada has six submarines,  3 in the Canadian Navy and 3 at the West Edmunton Mall. Over 300 Canadians died while serving in US units in Viet Nam, around 150 have died in combat in Afghanistan in Canadian units. The recent NATO stand against Gadaffi's Libya was commaded by a  Canadian General leading with Canadian fighter jets. He still commands the NATO support effort for the current Libyan government.

While some Canadians may have come to the US and enlisted Canada did not participate in the US war on Vietnam. Lets keep the facts straight. Very few Americans were dumb enough to volunteer for Vietnam. There were some equally dumb Canadians. Lets keep it that way.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
*Kicks PS3 and tries

*Kicks PS3 and tries again*

I'll never deny the superiority of the US Navy. Your fleets are awesome.

Where we shine is in the people. Equipment and resources and distribution capabilities are pretty weak.

We'd fix it if there were a reason to though, and the current state has nothing to do with the US. It simply has to do with the lack of a threat. Who could attack us even if you weren't there? Seriously? If Russia or China made moves we'd probably start a nuclear programme and have a dozen functional high yield long range weapons in less than a year. Everyone else is either an ally or of negligible interest, and absolutely no threat. You guys, I think, often overestimate the dangers in this world.

We do have subs, but they are British cast offs, and unless they've been significantly repaired since I last heard about them, aren't something I'd want to serve on. We stopped building our own ships after WW2 for the most part.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
West Ed has 4 subs, not 3.

West Ed has 4 subs, not 3. Sticking out tongue

But they've been docked since '05, and are being decomissioned now, or already have been.

I had other stuff I said, but meh.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote:  Canada has

Jeffrick wrote:

Canada has six submarines,  3 in the Canadian Navy and 3 at the West Edmunton Mall. 

Submarines which should be a must see for any fan of the Beatles.  

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hmmm, I do know of more than

Hmmm, I do know of more than one individual that was separated during boot camp for expressing suicidal thoughts. So, I don't think I completely agree with Watcher. However, I don't quite agree with Vastet either as I feel he is overstating the problem. Maybe we're all going off of personal experience too much.

He should be fine as long as he doesn't make explicit suicidal remarks and pretends like he cares, imo.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare