FATHER, PLEASE FORGIVE EVERY LOST SOUL ON THE SITE

araujo03
Theist
User is offlineOffline
FATHER, PLEASE FORGIVE EVERY LOST SOUL ON THE SITE

Jesus help every lost soul on this site - that they find you and you have mercy on their souls - Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.  They are just lost sould searching and searching for something or someone to LOVE them.  Wow i am glad i am not lost - ALLELUIA - praise to GOD - the GOD of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob!!! 

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
araujo03 wrote: ok to any

araujo03 wrote:

ok to any atheists out there - please answer this one

what do you do when you have a loved one in the hospital, and it does not LOOK good?

Pleas tell me what is you point in posting the same question in two different threads?  If you think it is that significant then just start a new thread please.

To everyone else his question is already going in the thread he started with the question that is sure to make the history books -"Who created science?"

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
And in "Questions about God..." and maybe others

tonyjeffers wrote:

To everyone else his question is already going in the thread he started with the question that is sure to make the history books -"Who created science?"

He must have decided that this question will have everyone stumped.

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline

araujo03 wrote:

what do you do when you have a loved one in the hospital, and it does not LOOK good?

I've buried a father, a grandfather to who I was very close to and countless of my biker bros over the years. This happened AFTER. I stopped believing in god. Does that mean that I did not feel sadness ? Did that mean that I was not holding my father's hand when he gasped his last breath ? 

Nope. 

Since when is praying in times of crisis PROVE the existence that something out there gives a shit about us ? 

I am sure millions of Jews prayed as the Nazis marched them into the gas chambers. I am sure that all those people in places like Darfur and Rwanda were praying for intervention as they were being raped and slaughtered. 

Hey, for for quite some time, The Irish Republican Army and the Protestant sections of Belfast shot and killed each other in the name of the SAME god. 

Desperation does not reality make. 

I have said it on here before. Their is an old saying among bikers, when we bury them, we bury a piece of ourselves with them and when we ride and live, we carry a piece of them with us. 

I hope for the best when people I love are in the hospital. If they die, I take comfort in the fact that they will feel no more pain. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
ok I' say it againTo

ok I' say it again

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline

araujo03 wrote:

I let the doctors do their jobs instead of pushing them away to pray to the magic sky-daddy.

When you or a loved one get sick do you just pray or are you a hypocrite?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:araujo03

jcgadfly wrote:

araujo03 wrote:

I let the doctors do their jobs instead of pushing them away to pray to the magic sky-daddy.

When you or a loved one get sick do you just pray or are you a hypocrite?

Hospitals are full of hypocrites. If prayer worked, there would be no need for hospitals. How anyone in today's modern age, of any religion, thinks that something that is merely a lucky charm incantation, will solve real medical problems has their head ignorantly stuck in the past.

And if such a god were real, being as selective as it seems outwardly, by virtue of it's claimants, I could not morally bring myself to worship such a selective deadbeat. It would reduce my being to a lab rat, a pawn, a possession. This does not apply to one particular god claim or monotheism. Just the motif idea of a magical super protector.

When bad shit happens, and you attribute it to nature, it makes sense, even when you don't want the bad side of reality affecting you. But once you allow the credulous claim of a fictional security guard it makes no sense based on the random outcomes. Randomness without a god makes sense. Randomness with a god is just fucking absurd.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline

araujo03 wrote:

Can I have your stuff?

Sorry, this topic is too ridiculous to take seriously. I'd go for it, but it feels weird pretending such a scenario. If it ever happens, I'll let you know what was said.

I'll tell you what won't happen: sitting around doing nothing, praying to some god, who won't do anything, that all will be ok. I'm sure I can think of something more productive. Like chatting with said loved one.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.