Who created science?

araujo03
Theist
Posts: 41
Joined: 2012-05-01
User is offlineOffline
Who created science?

To ALL atheists and everyone else - Who created science? 


tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
Posts: 482
Joined: 2012-02-14
User is offlineOffline
  Satan 

  Satan  Evil


araujo03
Theist
Posts: 41
Joined: 2012-05-01
User is offlineOffline
from a true atheist

from a true atheist


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2375
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
To arauju03!!!!!!!!

araujo03 wrote:

To ALL atheists and everyone else - Who created science? 

 

 

 

 

                          The first cave dweller who look around and asked "why does that happen?"  and then decided to observe and find out.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


araujo03
Theist
Posts: 41
Joined: 2012-05-01
User is offlineOffline
then who created the cave

then who created the cave dweller's mind to even think he could "observe and find out"? 


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2375
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
araujo03 wrote:then who

araujo03 wrote:

then who created the cave dweller's mind to even think he could "observe and find out"? 

 

 

                  His/her   sires & dames  created him/her: the mind always works, weather we want it to or not;  observation is instinct [we observe anyways]; 'finding out' ?  Now that is a different question; do we 'find out' or 'do we relate WHAT we think we found out?     THUS the invention of religion.   When in doubt create a god an blaime the god for anything the human mind can not evaluate.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2036
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
araujo03 wrote:then who

araujo03 wrote:

then who created the cave dweller's mind to even think he could "observe and find out"? 

 

I don't get the question, the mind isn't created, it is formed by various cells, it's not "created" in the sense you seem to be implying.


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5094
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Que?

 

araujo03 wrote:

from a true atheist

 

From a true wit, more likely. Feel free to define what a real atheist is. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Zaq
atheist
Zaq's picture
Posts: 269
Joined: 2008-12-24
User is offlineOffline
Your questions are or will

Your questions are or will soon be based on a false assumption.  This is known as the "loaded question fallacy."

 

Asking "Who created X" pre-assumes that there was a being who created x.  If in fact nobody created X then the question "Who created X" commits the loaded question fallacy.

 

In case the above wasn't clear, allow me to demonstrate the issue with your question.   Have you stopped beating your children yet?

Questions for Theists:
http://silverskeptic.blogspot.com/2011/03/consistent-standards.html

I'm a bit of a lurker. Every now and then I will come out of my cave with a flurry of activity. Then the Ph.D. program calls and I must fall back to the shadows.


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5094
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Well Arau

 

 

araujo03 wrote:

then who created the cave dweller's mind to even think he could "observe and find out"? 

 

In the beginning there was XNA, then RNA, then DNA. By a process called natural selection, successfully replicating groups of molecules evolved into cells etc, etc, etc. 

Perhaps you could define your hypothetical prime mover using empirical evidence and then explain what created it?

No biblical assertions allowed. 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
Posts: 1209
Joined: 2006-11-16
User is offlineOffline
Meanwhile, in a parallel universe...

Meanwhile, in a parallel universe...
 

30ojuara:  To ALL religious and everyone else - Who created religion? 

kcirffeJ:  The first cave dweller who looked around and asked "why does that happen?"  and then decided he was too lazy to observe and find out. 

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††


Jabberwocky
atheist
Posts: 319
Joined: 2012-04-21
User is offlineOffline
My mind was created by

My mind was created by embryological processes (in fact, doing the math, it was almost precisely 27 years ago that my mind began to work). I can easily assume that the mind of the cave dweller came to be in exactly the same way. It simply happened a much longer time ago. Of course, I can be wrong and cave dwellers minds were conjured up by some unusual other-wordly wizard, but I simply have to go with what I know on this one. 

Theists - If your god is omnipotent, remember the following: He (or she) has the cure for cancer, but won't tell us what it is.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 2955
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
I've been avoiding posting

I've been avoiding posting any thing to stupid questions like this, but this is such a huge FAIL type of question I had to say something:

 

What a fucking stupid question.

 

There I said it.. now I can relax...

 

 

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

araujo03 wrote:
To ALL atheists and everyone else - Who created science? 

Who clouded the minds of believers such that they truly cannot comprehend the logical fallacy of assuming the conclusion?

Thinking you are clever enough to invent a question for which your god is the only answer is a conceit of which you are not worthy. You are not clever by half.

You should realize crap like this only reinforces the idea that believers are stupid.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:I've

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I've been avoiding posting any thing to stupid questions like this, but this is such a huge FAIL type of question I had to say something:

 

What a fucking stupid question.

 

There I said it.. now I can relax...

I'm glad someone took that burden off my shoulders , but I thought it might be worth pointing out I was originally going to go for a "relevance?" approach when I read an OP.

Quote:
What a fucking stupid question.

Not so much a "question" so much as another desperate theistard attempting to go after the science behind evolution with numerous weaksauce challenges.

 

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13526
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
araujo03 wrote:To ALL

araujo03 wrote:

To ALL atheists and everyone else - Who created science? 

How old are you?

Do you think there is a Nordic god named Thor who created lightening? Do you think there is an ocean god named Neptune who created hurricanes?

Science is not an "invention" it is a "PROCESS". It is the CONCEPT of observation and testing. HUMANS over time figured out that through observation and testing we could better determine reality through this concept.

Do you really believe that there is a magic invisible man with no material, no brain, no location, that is a comic book battle with a super villain fighting over the neurons in your brain?

You already reject the god claims of others. You accept that the sun is not a god like the Egyptians once falsely believed for 3,000 years. The only difference between the atheist and the believer is that we reject one more god claim than the believer. Try understanding WHY you reject the god claims of others and you might understand why we reject your claim as well.

We are not evil. We wont barbecue your kittens. We simply do not buy ANY claim of invisible magic men.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 2955
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:digitalbeachbum

Kapkao wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I've been avoiding posting any thing to stupid questions like this, but this is such a huge FAIL type of question I had to say something:

 

What a fucking stupid question.

 

There I said it.. now I can relax...

I'm glad someone took that burden off my shoulders , but I thought it might be worth pointing out I was originally going to go for a "relevance?" approach when I read an OP.

Quote:
What a fucking stupid question.

Not so much a "question" so much as another desperate theistard attempting to go after the science behind evolution with numerous weaksauce challenges.

 

I normally wouldn't say stuff like this, but seriously? Who invented science?

 

 

 

 

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2375
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Kapkao

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Kapkao wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I've been avoiding posting any thing to stupid questions like this, but this is such a huge FAIL type of question I had to say something:

 

What a fucking stupid question.

 

There I said it.. now I can relax...

I'm glad someone took that burden off my shoulders , but I thought it might be worth pointing out I was originally going to go for a "relevance?" approach when I read an OP.

Quote:
What a fucking stupid question.

Not so much a "question" so much as another desperate theistard attempting to go after the science behind evolution with numerous weaksauce challenges.

 

I normally wouldn't say stuff like this, but seriously? Who invented science?

 

 

 

 

 

 

               I'll stay with my answer in post #3.  The first hominid who wonderd "why?" and then stayed around   and observed to see for themself what the answer was.  Maybe the same unknown hominid who  invented the wheel.  Unlikely but possible.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
 Science wasn't created -

 Science wasn't created -  it was discovered by inquisitive humans.

Your God, however, was created by humans who lacked imagination. They borrowed components from other god stories and made the one you believe in.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 2955
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
 If there was a science of

 

If there was a science of god, it would have proven a long, long time ago that its god did not exist.

 

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 2955
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Kapkao wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I've been avoiding posting any thing to stupid questions like this, but this is such a huge FAIL type of question I had to say something:

What a fucking stupid question.

There I said it.. now I can relax...

I'm glad someone took that burden off my shoulders , but I thought it might be worth pointing out I was originally going to go for a "relevance?" approach when I read an OP.

Quote:
What a fucking stupid question.

Not so much a "question" so much as another desperate theistard attempting to go after the science behind evolution with numerous weaksauce challenges.

I normally wouldn't say stuff like this, but seriously? Who invented science? 

I'll stay with my answer in post #3.  The first hominid who wonderd "why?" and then stayed around   and observed to see for themself what the answer was.  Maybe the same unknown hominid who  invented the wheel.  Unlikely but possible.

I agree. Maybe fire or how to make a sharp spear head, ect. That is a good example of science. They observed, they tested, they found truth.

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


araujo03
Theist
Posts: 41
Joined: 2012-05-01
User is offlineOffline
Good i am so glad you can

Good i am so glad you can relax - and be stupid at the same time - i am done with you


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
araujo03 wrote:Good i am so

araujo03 wrote:

Good i am so glad you can relax - and be stupid at the same time - i am done with you

What's the matter? 

Did too many people give you correct answers instead of the one you wanted?

 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


araujo03
Theist
Posts: 41
Joined: 2012-05-01
User is offlineOffline
Wow – it is amazing to

Wow – it is amazing to me that so many people think that things can JUST happen, it just was, there is no creator or anything – things just happen for no reason what so ever. The one that makes me laugh is the one like “it was discovered by inquisitive humans”, seriously people!  Another one says – Your God created humans who lacked imagination, again seriously – no wonder you guys walk around lost.

So science is not an “invention” it is a “process” that HUMANS (that came from moneys) figured out ALL by themselves and got no help from anything or anybody – seriously, another head spinning here.

Someone also wrote “We are not evil” (so you believe that there is evil in the world) – have you seen him? Or is he another invisible man also? How does evil exist, when according to you guys God does not exist? 

You guys always say – how can you believe in a story – when you guys believe in one everyday – stories about this person doing that, and that person doing this – with no hard facts to prove one way or another. Who was the principal author of the US declaration of independence? If you say Thomas Jefferson – who was alive then to witness this – anybody on this web site? So you don’t know for a FACT that he did what the stories said he did.  You just believe in what was passed down and written in a history book that you read – wow go figure? 

 


araujo03
Theist
Posts: 41
Joined: 2012-05-01
User is offlineOffline
No I don’t run or hide

No I don’t run or hide – I am your worst nightmare – I am a GOD fearing Christian with a brain and an attitude!!!

 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
araujo03 wrote:Wow –

araujo03 wrote:

Wow – it is amazing to me that so many people think that things can JUST happen, it just was, there is no creator or anything – things just happen for no reason what so ever. The one that makes me laugh is the one like “it was discovered by inquisitive humans”, seriously people!  Another one says – Your God created humans who lacked imagination, again seriously – no wonder you guys walk around lost.

So science is not an “invention” it is a “process” that HUMANS (that came from moneys) figured out ALL by themselves and got no help from anything or anybody – seriously, another head spinning here.

Someone also wrote “We are not evil” (so you believe that there is evil in the world) – have you seen him? Or is he another invisible man also? How does evil exist, when according to you guys God does not exist? 

You guys always say – how can you believe in a story – when you guys believe in one everyday – stories about this person doing that, and that person doing this – with no hard facts to prove one way or another. Who was the principal author of the US declaration of independence? If you say Thomas Jefferson – who was alive then to witness this – anybody on this web site? So you don’t know for a FACT that he did what the stories said he did.  You just believe in what was passed down and written in a history book that you read – wow go figure? 

 

Poor boy. Can't handle the truth that earlier humans created gods and the Hebrews borrowed those ideas for Yahweh?

And yes, humans figured things out by themselves. If we left it up to Yahweh and his followers people would still think the sun revolves around a flat earth. They'd also try to cast out demons to cure diseases.

Of course we believe that evil exists - it was created by humans in the same way God was (oh, there's that truth again).

And by all means, please name a story that you think I believe. Jefferson's authorship of the Declaration of Independence doesn't count. See, we have a lot of things that Jefferson wrote so we know his writing style and his signature.

Were you there when God and Jesus did all the things that were written in the Bible or are you just taking the word of a book?

You also claim to have a brain and an attitude. May I suggest that you use more of the former and back off a bit on the latter? 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


araujo03
Theist
Posts: 41
Joined: 2012-05-01
User is offlineOffline
 My poor child – I

 

My poor child – I can handle the truth if you knew the truth.

Wow – us humans create gods – and humans with no help from anybody figured things out – the same ones that created gods – right? Ok

Yahweh thinks the sun revolves around a flat earth – which we created.  Ok

Ok so you know Jefferson signatures and writing style and you have evidence to prove this – can’t wait to see what you come up with on this – I waiting   

Humans created evil – How did humans create evil? Did we rub two sticks together?   Did we have Mr. Miyagi rub his hands together? How did humans create evil?  And this is the truth according to you – right?

May I suggest that you worry about how humans created these things and let me worry about me – I am just trying to find the truth that you say you have?  

 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
araujo03 wrote: My poor

araujo03 wrote:

 

My poor child – I can handle the truth if you knew the truth.

Wow – us humans create gods – and humans with no help from anybody figured things out – the same ones that created gods – right? Ok

Yahweh thinks the sun revolves around a flat earth – which we created.  Ok

Ok so you know Jefferson signatures and writing style and you have evidence to prove this – can’t wait to see what you come up with on this – I waiting   

Humans created evil – How did humans create evil? Did we rub two sticks together?   Did we have Mr. Miyagi rub his hands together? How did humans create evil?  And this is the truth according to you – right?

May I suggest that you worry about how humans created these things and let me worry about me – I am just trying to find the truth that you say you have?  

 

You've been given the truth repeatedly. Not my fault you don't like it. Get over your emotions and the cognitive dissonance will clear.

Are you denying that humans have imaginations? Really? Do you share Sye ten Bruggencate's view that it is impossible for us to know anything unless a supernatural being plants ideas in our heads?

How did humans create evil? Well there are these things called societies that developed rules on how to live together. People who broke those rules did what society deemed evil.

I never said I had the truth. You also never asked for it. You asked  about how science came to be. You've been told - not my fault that you don't like answers that include magic men in the sky.

As for your questions about Israelite cosmology, you need to read your Bible. You might become an atheist.

---

The difference between us seems to be that I will accept the word of people who know more than me on certain topics and you are willing to settle for less when it comes to your God.

You're making this easy.

 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


araujo03
Theist
Posts: 41
Joined: 2012-05-01
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:araujo03

jcgadfly wrote:

araujo03 wrote:

 

My poor child – I can handle the truth if you knew the truth.

Wow – us humans create gods – and humans with no help from anybody figured things out – the same ones that created gods – right? Ok

Yahweh thinks the sun revolves around a flat earth – which we created.  Ok

Ok so you know Jefferson signatures and writing style and you have evidence to prove this – can’t wait to see what you come up with on this – I waiting   

Humans created evil – How did humans create evil? Did we rub two sticks together?   Did we have Mr. Miyagi rub his hands together? How did humans create evil?  And this is the truth according to you – right?

May I suggest that you worry about how humans created these things and let me worry about me – I am just trying to find the truth that you say you have?  

 

You've been given the truth repeatedly. Not my fault you don't like it. Get over your emotions and the cognitive dissonance will clear.

Are you denying that humans have imaginations? Really? Do you share Sye ten Bruggencate's view that it is impossible for us to know anything unless a supernatural being plants ideas in our heads?

How did humans create evil? Well there are these things called societies that developed rules on how to live together. People who broke those rules did what society deemed evil.

I never said I had the truth. You also never asked for it. You asked  about how science came to be. You've been told - not my fault that you don't like answers that include magic men in the sky.

As for your questions about Israelite cosmology, you need to read your Bible. You might become an atheist.

---

The difference between us seems to be that I will accept the word of people who know more than me on certain topics and you are willing to settle for less when it comes to your God.

You're making this easy.

 

So I have been given the truth repeatedly – yes I know because I have read the BIBLE – MANY, MANY, MANY times and to this day have not become a lost atheist. 

Humans do have imaginations that were given by the “Magic Man” not “men” in the sky.

Societies that developed rules on how to live together – just in America humans can’t agree on anything this person has the right to do this – when some other humans says no that is not right and then another one wants it this way - but your telling me that societies sat down one day with everyone and agreed on rules (like we agree on rules today) – have you been in a court room lately? So you believe in “Magic Humans”.

Why would I ask a person who does not have the truth to tell me what is the truth – Yes I asked about science and according to you I have been told – you can leave the “MAGIC MAN” out of it – but you still have not proven anything – where did science come from or who created it? Again you believe in “MAGIC HUMANS” – we are all David Copperfield.

I can accept anything that is proven – but you still can’t prove that GOD does not exist! You give all credit to humans who kill each other over small items like money, drugs and other things. You think that humans are all powerful and got what we got just because – but you can’t go any further then that.   

Again you make this easy – all hail “MAGIC HUMANS”

 


tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
Posts: 482
Joined: 2012-02-14
User is offlineOffline
araujo03 wrote:from a true

araujo03 wrote:

from a true atheist

Really- what did you expect here? You can't expect a question like that to be taken seriously. You might as well ask "who decided the sky was blue?"  I gave a silly answer to a silly question.  There is still a chance if you were to strike a debate that would require some intellect, instead of just sticking your tongue out at us, you might provoke thought and get some serious responses.  This is nothing new to us. 

It was very nice of you to say a prayer for us.  IF you think we are all just a bunch of yokels holding tickets to hell, then you are wasting your time here.  But you may just find there are some highly intelligent people here worth talking to.

Many of us here were christians for years, and some never made that blunder. But almost everyone here most likely knows more about the bible than most christians you know.

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia


Feredir28
Feredir28's picture
Posts: 45
Joined: 2011-01-08
User is offlineOffline
My turn...

araujo03 wrote:

To ALL atheists and everyone else - Who created science? 

Easy. Historically, the first scientist appears to be Thales of Miletus. The next may have been Anaximander and Anaximines, who improved his work and methods.

There are much older instances of ancient people practicing scientific-like methods, such as Pythagora in the ancient Near East (1900 BCE). Egypt, Sumeria, Babylon, etc. all had their share of astronomers and mathematicians. Egyptians were also knowledgable of the human anatomy and brain, due to their common practice of mummification. However, science as we know it does not seem to take hold until Greek Antiquity.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3605
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
araujo03 wrote: I am your

araujo03 wrote:

 I am your worst nightmare – I am a GOD fearing Christian with a BRAIN  and an ATTITUDE !!!!!!

 

                                                           

I'm a right wing atheist because I enjoy being hated by everyone.

"The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination." Voltaire ( 1694-1778 )


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13526
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
araujo03 wrote:No I

araujo03 wrote:

No I don’t run or hide – I am your worst nightmare – I am a GOD fearing Christian with a brain and an attitude!!!

 

How are you our worst nightmare? Are you planning on doing something to us that would be considered a crime? We'll be happy to report you to the proper authorities. Are you done with your childish chest pounding? Would you actually like to try to make an argument for the god you THINK is real?

No one here knows you in person, we are not here to judge you, the person, but your claims WILL NOT get an automatic pass  "just because". You are not the first believer to come here nor are you the "worst" we have seen. And we have also had believers here that we've actually liked but merely do not find their god claims credible.

So the time you have here and the experience you have here depends on YOUR attitude. We are under no obligation to you or the deity you claim just because you claim it. The world has 7 billion people on it, and not all of them believe what you believe.

Questioning is what we do here. If you take our questioning personally or our blasphemy personally, you will only be upsetting yourself and wasting your time  and our time. You can stay, but preaching and threats do not go over well here.

Once again, we are not evil. We won't barbecue your kittens or rape your women. We won't hate you automatically even if we think you got it wrong. But you need to stop right now thinking the world revolves around your deity claim.

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13526
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
araujo03 wrote:jcgadfly

araujo03 wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

araujo03 wrote:

 

My poor child – I can handle the truth if you knew the truth.

Wow – us humans create gods – and humans with no help from anybody figured things out – the same ones that created gods – right? Ok

Yahweh thinks the sun revolves around a flat earth – which we created.  Ok

Ok so you know Jefferson signatures and writing style and you have evidence to prove this – can’t wait to see what you come up with on this – I waiting   

Humans created evil – How did humans create evil? Did we rub two sticks together?   Did we have Mr. Miyagi rub his hands together? How did humans create evil?  And this is the truth according to you – right?

May I suggest that you worry about how humans created these things and let me worry about me – I am just trying to find the truth that you say you have?  

 

You've been given the truth repeatedly. Not my fault you don't like it. Get over your emotions and the cognitive dissonance will clear.

Are you denying that humans have imaginations? Really? Do you share Sye ten Bruggencate's view that it is impossible for us to know anything unless a supernatural being plants ideas in our heads?

How did humans create evil? Well there are these things called societies that developed rules on how to live together. People who broke those rules did what society deemed evil.

I never said I had the truth. You also never asked for it. You asked  about how science came to be. You've been told - not my fault that you don't like answers that include magic men in the sky.

As for your questions about Israelite cosmology, you need to read your Bible. You might become an atheist.

---

The difference between us seems to be that I will accept the word of people who know more than me on certain topics and you are willing to settle for less when it comes to your God.

You're making this easy.

 

So I have been given the truth repeatedly – yes I know because I have read the BIBLE – MANY, MANY, MANY times and to this day have not become a lost atheist. 

Humans do have imaginations that were given by the “Magic Man” not “men” in the sky.

Societies that developed rules on how to live together – just in America humans can’t agree on anything this person has the right to do this – when some other humans says no that is not right and then another one wants it this way - but your telling me that societies sat down one day with everyone and agreed on rules (like we agree on rules today) – have you been in a court room lately? So you believe in “Magic Humans”.

Why would I ask a person who does not have the truth to tell me what is the truth – Yes I asked about science and according to you I have been told – you can leave the “MAGIC MAN” out of it – but you still have not proven anything – where did science come from or who created it? Again you believe in “MAGIC HUMANS” – we are all David Copperfield.

I can accept anything that is proven – but you still can’t prove that GOD does not exist! You give all credit to humans who kill each other over small items like money, drugs and other things. You think that humans are all powerful and got what we got just because – but you can’t go any further then that.   

Again you make this easy – all hail “MAGIC HUMANS”

 

Quote:
I can accept anything that is proven –

Yet you cant go to the patent office with your claim, and you cant win a Nobel Prize in science with your claim. Your in good company, no one in human history has been able to do that with any god claim.

Now you automatically insert a who, falsely in as the default position, when what has happened with the universe and biological life ARE NOT INVENTIONS of a mind, but of natural ongoing processes. Just like you don't need an ocean god named Neptune to cause a hurricane. Just like lightening is not caused by "Thor", but unthinking positive and negative charges in the atmosphere.

When you insert a "who", in as a gap answer, all you are doing is projecting your own desires on a non cognitive process, the word for that is "anthropomorphism". Humans invent gods and you are no different. You merely like the idea of having a god, that desire does not make the god real. It only means you have a desire.

A history of humans making claims does not make something true by default otherwise the earth would still be flat. A history of tradition does not make a god real otherwise by virtue of 3,000 years of the Egyptians believing the sun was a deity, would make the sun a god. Your claim is NOT special to us just because you like it and fell for it.

Quote:
I can accept anything that is proven –

No, what you should say if you are being honest with yourself is "I can accept things without evidence", which is why you are here claiming a god you cannot prove exists. "Faith" is your trump cop out card, so why not use it now and get it over with so we can move on.

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5094
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
My worst nightmare

 

araujo03 wrote:

No I don’t run or hide – I am your worst nightmare – I am a GOD fearing Christian with a brain and an attitude!!!

 

is by no means a god fearing christian with the brain of a parrot and an eclipse-like cognitive blind spot.

In all your posts you show you have a mediocre intellect, no understanding of logic and you completely fail to comprehend the smorgasbord of special pleading, bald assertions, appeals to complexity and underlying threats you are serving up. 

Here's something for you arau, you intellectual titan. Explain to me how creation works. And where god came from. No bible assertions.

If you cannot explain where god came from, how he actually works, and adequately define him in a coherent and measurable manner, admit that you have an hypotheses the data does not support

Ignore this post and we will all know you are devoid of intellectual integrity. 

And don't return fire with the assertion the ways and the nature of god cannot be understood because then we will know with even greater certainty that you do not know what you are talking about. 

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5094
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Arau

 

araujo03 wrote:

 

I can accept anything that is proven.

 

 

Do you know what an appeal to ignorance is? 

You are insisting that an undefinable, unknowable hypothetical first cause that existed before the big bang and lives outside the universe, beyond extant space, time and human comprehension, exists unless we can prove it does not - using empirical evidence, a form of evidence you reject as being unable to provide any truth whatever.

Obviously, empiricism, the measurement and comparison of sense data, tells us things about the nature of reality. Given this is so, please explain to me at what point empiricism suddenly does not work, and point me to the studies that prove your argument against empiricism to be more than probably true. 

If you cannot do this, admit to us that your argument depends on a fallacious appeal to ignorance. Read the last line, twice please, Arau...

"An appeal to ignorance is an argument for or against a proposition on the basis of a lack of evidence against or for it. If there is positive evidence for the conclusion, then of course we have other reasons for accepting it, but a lack of evidence by itself is no evidence."

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/ignorant.html

 

  

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 2955
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
araujo03 wrote:You guys

araujo03 wrote:

You guys always say – how can you believe in a story – when you guys believe in one everyday – stories about this person doing that, and that person doing this – with no hard facts to prove one way or another. Who was the principal author of the US declaration of independence? If you say Thomas Jefferson – who was alive then to witness this – anybody on this web site? So you don’t know for a FACT that he did what the stories said he did.  You just believe in what was passed down and written in a history book that you read – wow go figure? 

I've thought about this too but it goes with out saying that when most of us post stories we are sharing information for review. It isn't that we post information and say, "ok, science has just proved that helium isn't a gas" and then just except it. Many of us have backgrounds in various fields and we discuss or argue different points of view based on our experiences.

To say that Thomas Jefferson did what he did, it had many different supporting facts. There were witnesses to what he did, there is a signature and there is writings from him directly. Did any of us see Jefferson make his famous "Jefferson's Bible"? No. None of us were alive then, but there it is, on display for you to see. There again are the writings of him and others who spoke about it. All supporting evidence.

To say, "This is the bible and it is the word of god" is based on what? They say it was "inspired" writings but yet no one has yet to produce that god which inspired. They say the bible was created by humans and yes they can produce documentation for the various councils which took place to form the New Testament, but there is no proof that any one specifically wrote the exact words being used today. There is more conflicting information that there is supporting evidence when it comes to the history of the christian bible.

Don't get faith confused with facts.

 

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 2955
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
araujo03 wrote:Good i am so

araujo03 wrote:

Good i am so glad you can relax - and be stupid at the same time - i am done with you

LOL. OK big wig.. let's see if you can pass a test.

Show us, with out using any related to your faith of the religion, show us one fact which proves your god exists.

 

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
araujo03 wrote:No I

araujo03 wrote:
No I don’t run or hide – I am your worst nightmare – I am a GOD fearing Christian with a brain and an attitude!!!

You're also an idiot with too much time on your hands.  Don't worry, we won't expect any gratitude when you eventually end up with the "theistard" tag.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
tonyjeffers wrote:Really-

tonyjeffers wrote:
Really- what did you expect here? You can't expect a question like that to be taken seriously. You might as well ask "who decided the sky was blue?"  I gave a silly answer to a silly question.  There is still a chance if you were to strike a debate that would require some intellect, instead of just sticking your tongue out at us, you might provoke thought and get some serious responses.  This is nothing new to us. 

It was very nice of you to say a prayer for us.  IF you think we are all just a bunch of yokels holding tickets to hell, then you are wasting your time here.  But you may just find there are some highly intelligent people here worth talking to.

Actually, everything TJ says is bullshit. There is no one here with any intellect to speak of; we're just a bunch of dumb knuckledraggers that compare atheist talking points every now and then. No, not even I am all that smart when you think about it.

Try Jean Chauvin or Matt Shizzle, tho. They might be more up to your high calliber of discussion, but I doubt it. You'd probably find much more worthwhile conversation back at whatever fucked up sewer of the web you came from and, while your at it... stay there.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
araujo03 wrote:jcgadfly

araujo03 wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

araujo03 wrote:

 

My poor child – I can handle the truth if you knew the truth.

Wow – us humans create gods – and humans with no help from anybody figured things out – the same ones that created gods – right? Ok

Yahweh thinks the sun revolves around a flat earth – which we created.  Ok

Ok so you know Jefferson signatures and writing style and you have evidence to prove this – can’t wait to see what you come up with on this – I waiting   

Humans created evil – How did humans create evil? Did we rub two sticks together?   Did we have Mr. Miyagi rub his hands together? How did humans create evil?  And this is the truth according to you – right?

May I suggest that you worry about how humans created these things and let me worry about me – I am just trying to find the truth that you say you have?  

 

You've been given the truth repeatedly. Not my fault you don't like it. Get over your emotions and the cognitive dissonance will clear.

Are you denying that humans have imaginations? Really? Do you share Sye ten Bruggencate's view that it is impossible for us to know anything unless a supernatural being plants ideas in our heads?

How did humans create evil? Well there are these things called societies that developed rules on how to live together. People who broke those rules did what society deemed evil.

I never said I had the truth. You also never asked for it. You asked  about how science came to be. You've been told - not my fault that you don't like answers that include magic men in the sky.

As for your questions about Israelite cosmology, you need to read your Bible. You might become an atheist.

---

The difference between us seems to be that I will accept the word of people who know more than me on certain topics and you are willing to settle for less when it comes to your God.

You're making this easy.

 

So I have been given the truth repeatedly – yes I know because I have read the BIBLE – MANY, MANY, MANY times and to this day have not become a lost atheist. 

Humans do have imaginations that were given by the “Magic Man” not “men” in the sky.

Societies that developed rules on how to live together – just in America humans can’t agree on anything this person has the right to do this – when some other humans says no that is not right and then another one wants it this way - but your telling me that societies sat down one day with everyone and agreed on rules (like we agree on rules today) – have you been in a court room lately? So you believe in “Magic Humans”.

Why would I ask a person who does not have the truth to tell me what is the truth – Yes I asked about science and according to you I have been told – you can leave the “MAGIC MAN” out of it – but you still have not proven anything – where did science come from or who created it? Again you believe in “MAGIC HUMANS” – we are all David Copperfield.

I can accept anything that is proven – but you still can’t prove that GOD does not exist! You give all credit to humans who kill each other over small items like money, drugs and other things. You think that humans are all powerful and got what we got just because – but you can’t go any further then that.   

Again you make this easy – all hail “MAGIC HUMANS”

 

So for you "reading the Bible" means "listening to your pastor interpret it for you"? That must be it because your comprehension level is very low.

The human brain is not magical. Amazing, yes. Complex, yes. Magic? No. Why have magic when you can have imagination and discovery?

The fact that you  (like the Hebrews) choose to borrow from other cultures shows that you have no capacity for original thought. Has God not allowed you to have that yet? Or does he just dig parrots?

Or are you just a lazy thinker? 

Oh, and asking me to prove God doesn't exist is shifting the burden of proof. I know it's heavy but you took it on - don't give it to me because you can't handle it. 

It also seems like you want to give all credit to god for the good stuff but not give him his props for creating humans that kill each other because of the greed he also created in them. You and your God really need to man up.

Humans have what they have because they have open minds to see possibilities and work toward them. It's the god-bothering lazy thinkers like yourself who want to stifle that in favor of "Goddidit"

You keep praying for me and I'll keep thinking for you, OK?

And please, keep parroting my posting style. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. 

 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


araujo03
Theist
Posts: 41
Joined: 2012-05-01
User is offlineOffline
latincanuck wrote:araujo03

latincanuck wrote:

araujo03 wrote:

then who created the cave dweller's mind to even think he could "observe and find out"? 

 

I don't get the question, the mind isn't created, it is formed by various cells, it's not "created" in the sense you seem to be implying.

 

The brain is a physical matter and the mind is something totally different – cells did NOT form the MIND – they just help make a physical object that you can touch – you can NOT touch someone’s MIND!!!


 

 


 

My poor grasshopper – you got so much to learn!!!

 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
araujo03 wrote:latincanuck

araujo03 wrote:

latincanuck wrote:

araujo03 wrote:

then who created the cave dweller's mind to even think he could "observe and find out"? 

 

I don't get the question, the mind isn't created, it is formed by various cells, it's not "created" in the sense you seem to be implying.

 

The brain is a physical matter and the mind is something totally different – cells did NOT form the MIND – they just help make a physical object that you can touch – you can NOT touch someone’s MIND!!!


 

 


 

My poor grasshopper – you got so much to learn!!!

 

But the electrical activity that makes up what you call "mind" can be measured.  

Can your God be measured?

Looks like the brain wins out over your non-measurable, untouchable "God".

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


araujo03
Theist
Posts: 41
Joined: 2012-05-01
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:araujo03

jcgadfly wrote:

araujo03 wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

araujo03 wrote:

 

My poor child – I can handle the truth if you knew the truth.

Wow – us humans create gods – and humans with no help from anybody figured things out – the same ones that created gods – right? Ok

Yahweh thinks the sun revolves around a flat earth – which we created.  Ok

Ok so you know Jefferson signatures and writing style and you have evidence to prove this – can’t wait to see what you come up with on this – I waiting   

Humans created evil – How did humans create evil? Did we rub two sticks together?   Did we have Mr. Miyagi rub his hands together? How did humans create evil?  And this is the truth according to you – right?

May I suggest that you worry about how humans created these things and let me worry about me – I am just trying to find the truth that you say you have?  

 

You've been given the truth repeatedly. Not my fault you don't like it. Get over your emotions and the cognitive dissonance will clear.

Are you denying that humans have imaginations? Really? Do you share Sye ten Bruggencate's view that it is impossible for us to know anything unless a supernatural being plants ideas in our heads?

How did humans create evil? Well there are these things called societies that developed rules on how to live together. People who broke those rules did what society deemed evil.

I never said I had the truth. You also never asked for it. You asked  about how science came to be. You've been told - not my fault that you don't like answers that include magic men in the sky.

As for your questions about Israelite cosmology, you need to read your Bible. You might become an atheist.

---

The difference between us seems to be that I will accept the word of people who know more than me on certain topics and you are willing to settle for less when it comes to your God.

You're making this easy.

 

So I have been given the truth repeatedly – yes I know because I have read the BIBLE – MANY, MANY, MANY times and to this day have not become a lost atheist. 

Humans do have imaginations that were given by the “Magic Man” not “men” in the sky.

Societies that developed rules on how to live together – just in America humans can’t agree on anything this person has the right to do this – when some other humans says no that is not right and then another one wants it this way - but your telling me that societies sat down one day with everyone and agreed on rules (like we agree on rules today) – have you been in a court room lately? So you believe in “Magic Humans”.

Why would I ask a person who does not have the truth to tell me what is the truth – Yes I asked about science and according to you I have been told – you can leave the “MAGIC MAN” out of it – but you still have not proven anything – where did science come from or who created it? Again you believe in “MAGIC HUMANS” – we are all David Copperfield.

I can accept anything that is proven – but you still can’t prove that GOD does not exist! You give all credit to humans who kill each other over small items like money, drugs and other things. You think that humans are all powerful and got what we got just because – but you can’t go any further then that.   

Again you make this easy – all hail “MAGIC HUMANS”

 

So for you "reading the Bible" means "listening to your pastor interpret it for you"? That must be it because your comprehension level is very low.

The human brain is not magical. Amazing, yes. Complex, yes. Magic? No. Why have magic when you can have imagination and discovery?

The fact that you  (like the Hebrews) choose to borrow from other cultures shows that you have no capacity for original thought. Has God not allowed you to have that yet? Or does he just dig parrots?

Or are you just a lazy thinker? 

Oh, and asking me to prove God doesn't exist is shifting the burden of proof. I know it's heavy but you took it on - don't give it to me because you can't handle it. 

It also seems like you want to give all credit to god for the good stuff but not give him his props for creating humans that kill each other because of the greed he also created in them. You and your God really need to man up.

Humans have what they have because they have open minds to see possibilities and work toward them. It's the god-bothering lazy thinkers like yourself who want to stifle that in favor of "Goddidit"

You keep praying for me and I'll keep thinking for you, OK?

And please, keep parroting my posting style. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. 

 

i don't need some who is lost to think for me - i got this - you just worry about yourself when THAT time comes.  Hope you find all the answers you are looking for - cause i dont have to prove to you that God exist - i know he does - you are the one asking for someone like me to show or tell you the answers to your questions - you see i have the questions and i have the ANSWERS - so my exam is done and i have left the room - while you are still looking for the 1st answer to the very first question - guess what - this exam has a time limited - it is call the day you die - you better have the right answers at that time


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13526
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Quote:  i dont have to

Quote:
  i dont have to prove to you that God exist

See if you can spot the pattern.

"I don't have to prove to you that Allah exists"

"I don't have to prove to you that Yahweh exists"

"I don't have to prove to you that Vishnu exists"

"I don't have to prove to you that I have an invisible pink unicorn in the trunk of my car"

None of those statements "have" to be proven. But only a fool would blindly buy anyone of them just because the person uttering them managed to string a bunch of words together.

You are postulating an invisible brain, with no brain, no neurons, no physical body. with no location, that is everywhere and nowhere at the same . There never was and never will be such a thing. God/god/gods/super natural/diety/spook/ghost/entity/ are merely the mental placebos of humans projecting human qualities on the world around them. It is merely childish fantasy, every single one claimed in our species history, including yours.

The sun was never a god like the Egyptians falsely believed for 3,000 years. Vocanos were never gods. Apollo was never real. Allah is not real, and neither is your pet god. ALL god claims are merely the products of human imagination.

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13526
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
araujo03 wrote:latincanuck

araujo03 wrote:

latincanuck wrote:

araujo03 wrote:

then who created the cave dweller's mind to even think he could "observe and find out"? 

 

I don't get the question, the mind isn't created, it is formed by various cells, it's not "created" in the sense you seem to be implying.

 

The brain is a physical matter and the mind is something totally different – cells did NOT form the MIND – they just help make a physical object that you can touch – you can NOT touch someone’s MIND!!!


 

 


 

My poor grasshopper – you got so much to learn!!!

 

"Mind" is a vacuous word actually. Our thoughts and personalities are the result of a material process which we falsely use the word "mind" to describe.

It would be like confusing the word "speed" for the car itself. We are are what manifests from brains processes. Just like if a 55mph is not a thing, but the speed the car is going. Our thoughts and personalities are the 55mph. Our brain is the car.

When our brains die, we die. Just like if you total a car it will no longer "speed"

There is no separating the two, just like you cant run without legs. Running is the observation of the material process of moving the legs faster. He is falsely and stupidly thinking that "mind" is a magical thing separate from the brain. WE are literally are our brains. Our actions and words and emotions are merely the outcome of the biological processes of the brain. Just like photosynthesis is a process that produces green as a color, the GREEN is the outcome of the process. Our thoughts and personalities are not things but outcomes.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
araujo03 wrote:jcgadfly

araujo03 wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

araujo03 wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

araujo03 wrote:

 

My poor child – I can handle the truth if you knew the truth.

Wow – us humans create gods – and humans with no help from anybody figured things out – the same ones that created gods – right? Ok

Yahweh thinks the sun revolves around a flat earth – which we created.  Ok

Ok so you know Jefferson signatures and writing style and you have evidence to prove this – can’t wait to see what you come up with on this – I waiting   

Humans created evil – How did humans create evil? Did we rub two sticks together?   Did we have Mr. Miyagi rub his hands together? How did humans create evil?  And this is the truth according to you – right?

May I suggest that you worry about how humans created these things and let me worry about me – I am just trying to find the truth that you say you have?  

 

You've been given the truth repeatedly. Not my fault you don't like it. Get over your emotions and the cognitive dissonance will clear.

Are you denying that humans have imaginations? Really? Do you share Sye ten Bruggencate's view that it is impossible for us to know anything unless a supernatural being plants ideas in our heads?

How did humans create evil? Well there are these things called societies that developed rules on how to live together. People who broke those rules did what society deemed evil.

I never said I had the truth. You also never asked for it. You asked  about how science came to be. You've been told - not my fault that you don't like answers that include magic men in the sky.

As for your questions about Israelite cosmology, you need to read your Bible. You might become an atheist.

---

The difference between us seems to be that I will accept the word of people who know more than me on certain topics and you are willing to settle for less when it comes to your God.

You're making this easy.

 

So I have been given the truth repeatedly – yes I know because I have read the BIBLE – MANY, MANY, MANY times and to this day have not become a lost atheist. 

Humans do have imaginations that were given by the “Magic Man” not “men” in the sky.

Societies that developed rules on how to live together – just in America humans can’t agree on anything this person has the right to do this – when some other humans says no that is not right and then another one wants it this way - but your telling me that societies sat down one day with everyone and agreed on rules (like we agree on rules today) – have you been in a court room lately? So you believe in “Magic Humans”.

Why would I ask a person who does not have the truth to tell me what is the truth – Yes I asked about science and according to you I have been told – you can leave the “MAGIC MAN” out of it – but you still have not proven anything – where did science come from or who created it? Again you believe in “MAGIC HUMANS” – we are all David Copperfield.

I can accept anything that is proven – but you still can’t prove that GOD does not exist! You give all credit to humans who kill each other over small items like money, drugs and other things. You think that humans are all powerful and got what we got just because – but you can’t go any further then that.   

Again you make this easy – all hail “MAGIC HUMANS”

 

So for you "reading the Bible" means "listening to your pastor interpret it for you"? That must be it because your comprehension level is very low.

The human brain is not magical. Amazing, yes. Complex, yes. Magic? No. Why have magic when you can have imagination and discovery?

The fact that you  (like the Hebrews) choose to borrow from other cultures shows that you have no capacity for original thought. Has God not allowed you to have that yet? Or does he just dig parrots?

Or are you just a lazy thinker? 

Oh, and asking me to prove God doesn't exist is shifting the burden of proof. I know it's heavy but you took it on - don't give it to me because you can't handle it. 

It also seems like you want to give all credit to god for the good stuff but not give him his props for creating humans that kill each other because of the greed he also created in them. You and your God really need to man up.

Humans have what they have because they have open minds to see possibilities and work toward them. It's the god-bothering lazy thinkers like yourself who want to stifle that in favor of "Goddidit"

You keep praying for me and I'll keep thinking for you, OK?

And please, keep parroting my posting style. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. 

 

i don't need some who is lost to think for me - i got this - you just worry about yourself when THAT time comes.  Hope you find all the answers you are looking for - cause i dont have to prove to you that God exist - i know he does - you are the one asking for someone like me to show or tell you the answers to your questions - you see i have the questions and i have the ANSWERS - so my exam is done and i have left the room - while you are still looking for the 1st answer to the very first question - guess what - this exam has a time limited - it is call the day you die - you better have the right answers at that time

You know God exists...you have the questions and the answers...

And you still can't tell anyone about God in a coherent manner. See, knowledge can be transmitted from one person to another. You seem to be unable to do that. So much for you doing what was asked of you.

Threats aren't a substitute for knowledge. Bribing your invisible exam proctor isn't a substitute for knowledge either.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


araujo03
Theist
Posts: 41
Joined: 2012-05-01
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Quote:  i

Brian37 wrote:

Quote:
  i dont have to prove to you that God exist

See if you can spot the pattern.

"I don't have to prove to you that Allah exists"

"I don't have to prove to you that Yahweh exists"

"I don't have to prove to you that Vishnu exists"

"I don't have to prove to you that I have an invisible pink unicorn in the trunk of my car"

None of those statements "have" to be proven. But only a fool would blindly buy anyone of them just because the person uttering them managed to string a bunch of words together.

You are postulating an invisible brain, with no brain, no neurons, no physical body. with no location, that is everywhere and nowhere at the same . There never was and never will be such a thing. God/god/gods/super natural/diety/spook/ghost/entity/ are merely the mental placebos of humans projecting human qualities on the world around them. It is merely childish fantasy, every single one claimed in our species history, including yours.

The sun was never a god like the Egyptians falsely believed for 3,000 years. Vocanos were never gods. Apollo was never real. Allah is not real, and neither is your pet god. ALL god claims are merely the products of human imagination.

 

 

Again you are the one that is obsessed with God – you would not keep saying that HE is not real – if you don’t think HE is not real then why are you SO obsessed with proving that? I can except that you don’t believe in him that is your FREE will do to so – you are you obsessed with people like me who DO KNOW HE is real and ALIVE? That just bother you to the core – that a well-educated man can believe in a GOD he has not seen and still believes –


 

Quote – “The single greatest cause of atheism in the world today is CHRISTIANS, who acknowledge JESUS with their lips, then walk out the door, and deny HIM by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable” 

 


tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
Posts: 482
Joined: 2012-02-14
User is offlineOffline
arau

 

arau wrote:
cause i don't have to prove to you that god exists, I know he does... you see i have the questions and i have the ANSWERS - so my exam is done and i have left the room

 

1. So what is your goal here?

2. Isn't spreading the gospel an attempt to prove to others that your god exists?

3. If your exam is done and you have left the room, then are you saying that you know all there is to know about your god?

    3a. if so, then why ever pick up a bible again?

4. (You ask silly questions, so I'm gonna ask one)- What if a new messiah showed up and proved himself to be the real "son of god" and blew the whole bible right out of the water? - giving us all knowledge and showing us with hard evidence all the mysteries of time and the universe and did not vanish like Jesus, and said he is staying forever? Would you just consider him the Anti-christ or false prophet even to the end of your days or would you deny Jesus and the scriptures? Just hypothetically of course.

 

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13526
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Quote:it is call the day you

Quote:
it is call the day you die - you better have the right answers at that time

See if you can spot the pattern.

"you better have the right answers when you meet Allah"

"you better have the right answers when you meet Yahweh"

"you better have the right answers when you meet Vishnu"

Threatening us with a god is not evidence. This is merely your childish emotional reaction to someone not simply swallowing what you are selling.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
araujo03 wrote:Brian37

araujo03 wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Quote:
  i dont have to prove to you that God exist

See if you can spot the pattern.

"I don't have to prove to you that Allah exists"

"I don't have to prove to you that Yahweh exists"

"I don't have to prove to you that Vishnu exists"

"I don't have to prove to you that I have an invisible pink unicorn in the trunk of my car"

None of those statements "have" to be proven. But only a fool would blindly buy anyone of them just because the person uttering them managed to string a bunch of words together.

You are postulating an invisible brain, with no brain, no neurons, no physical body. with no location, that is everywhere and nowhere at the same . There never was and never will be such a thing. God/god/gods/super natural/diety/spook/ghost/entity/ are merely the mental placebos of humans projecting human qualities on the world around them. It is merely childish fantasy, every single one claimed in our species history, including yours.

The sun was never a god like the Egyptians falsely believed for 3,000 years. Vocanos were never gods. Apollo was never real. Allah is not real, and neither is your pet god. ALL god claims are merely the products of human imagination.

 

 

Again you are the one that is obsessed with God – you would not keep saying that HE is not real – if you don’t think HE is not real then why are you SO obsessed with proving that? I can except that you don’t believe in him that is your FREE will do to so – you are you obsessed with people like me who DO KNOW HE is real and ALIVE? That just bother you to the core – that a well-educated man can believe in a GOD he has not seen and still believes –


 

Quote – “The single greatest cause of atheism in the world today is CHRISTIANS, who acknowledge JESUS with their lips, then walk out the door, and deny HIM by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable” 

 

You know he's real and alive and you STILL can't tell anyone about him? Oh...wait...you also said you believe in him.

Which is it? Do you believe or do you know?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin