Falacy Files, "Gun Rack Fever.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Falacy Files, "Gun Rack Fever.

Former rock star and fear monger Ted Nuthead, danced around a death threat to President Obama garnering a visit from the secret service. He said at a gun show "I will either be dead or in jail this time next year", implying he was willing to start a war.

Our country has survived a civil war and two world wars. And the Presidents throughout our history have never remained all the same political party. We have had elections the entire time. Bush had 8 years, and even after he got elected the second time, as a godless kitten barbecuing communist Po Pot worshiping atheist(as you stupidly accuse liberals of all being), I didn't pull your childish doomsday bullshit.

Get a grip Ted, if Obama gets elected for a second term, there STILL will be another election in 2016. I am used to the crybabies on the right crying sour grapes, but this goes beyond merely being a brat. You are attacking the very system that has allowed BOTH republican and democratic presidents to get elected.

And Ted, you are also a fucking idiot because for thinking Obama wants to end the free market and take away your guns. There are plenty of rich people on the left who have made as much money as you and some even more that have the same capability of valuing the free market. Stephen Cobert, John Stewart, Bill Maher, ARE NOT poor and got rich using the very same society you got rich using.

You are a delusional asshole needlessly dividing our country merely because, like a fucking childish brat doesn't like the fact that other people vote too.

GROW THE FUCK UP!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I agree. He's a nutsack. A

I agree. He's a nutsack. A tool. An idiot. He's an extremist who thinks that Obama wants to take away his guns, but in fact Obama has not done so:

http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/23/10797851-gun-sales-soaring-boosted-by-gun-laws-concerns-about-obama

But Obama has also been criticized for supposedly failing to crack down on gun proliferation. Last summer, Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., led an investigation into an ATF gun-tracking operation and said the Obama administration has been less stringent than the Bush in  gun-law enforcement. In 2009 Obama drew criticism from the left for signing a bill that allowed gun owners to carry concealed weapons into national parks. 

Ted smoked too much PCP when he was younger. He has brain shrinkage and he is reverting back in to a primate. The only people who pay attention to him are the radicals who are looking for a spokesperson for the league of tea baggers.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote: I

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I agree. He's a nutsack. A tool. An idiot. He's an extremist who thinks that Obama wants to take away his guns, but in fact Obama has not done so:

http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/23/10797851-gun-sales-soaring-boosted-by-gun-laws-concerns-about-obama

But Obama has also been criticized for supposedly failing to crack down on gun proliferation. Last summer, Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., led an investigation into an ATF gun-tracking operation and said the Obama administration has been less stringent than the Bush in  gun-law enforcement. In 2009 Obama drew criticism from the left for signing a bill that allowed gun owners to carry concealed weapons into national parks. 

Ted smoked too much PCP when he was younger. He has brain shrinkage and he is reverting back in to a primate. The only people who pay attention to him are the radicals who are looking for a spokesperson for the league of tea baggers.

While I do not think there are enough Ted Buttnuggets to overthrow our government, there certainly are enough to make us look like the Middle East as far as their pesky zealots blowing shit up. Never underestimate delusion in mass numbers. We once had a government influenced by the KKK.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
Maybe Terrible Ted is

Maybe Terrible Ted is posturing for a seat in Congress. Wouldn't surprise me a bit. He is 60+ now and probably getting arthritis in his hands. There's no way he can just shut up and enjoy retirement. That dude has gotten on my nerves since I was 12.

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
As an outside observer, I

As an outside observer, I guarantee a new American civil war within 50 years. Unless things change significantly, and quickly.

Said war is unlikely to be confined to the US, On the contrary, every opportunistic power will take full advantage of the absence of American military dominance, provided of course that the US hasn't already been surpassed by a foreign power insofar as global dominance is concerned.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:As an outside

Vastet wrote:
As an outside observer, I guarantee a new American civil war within 50 years.

And as an American I guarantee there will never be an armed, organized uprising in this country. NEVER.  

I used to be a fairly radical right wing, Christian militia sympathizer and I can promise you that such talk is just talk.  Americans in the twenty first century are nothing like the Americans of the eighteenth and nineteenth century.  

Americans in the modern era are too weak and self absorbed to even consider making the kind of sacrifices that such a violent scenario would require. We are a nation of self-indulgent losers.  Our people would rather sit on the couch and watch television.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I agree. The country will

I agree. The country will literally fall apart. Once bankruptcy hits, Americans will begin their path to rebuilding the country. But not everyone will agree on how to do so, and armed conflicts WILL occur on a regular enough basis to describe as civil war.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:As an outside

Vastet wrote:
As an outside observer, I guarantee a new American civil war within 50 years. Unless things change significantly, and quickly. Said war is unlikely to be confined to the US, On the contrary, every opportunistic power will take full advantage of the absence of American military dominance, provided of course that the US hasn't already been surpassed by a foreign power insofar as global dominance is concerned.

No civil war. Sure there is a lot of hate, but we are all american's and we will all fight to defend the country if we are invaded. If outsiders came in and tried to get us to fight each other we would tell them to go fuck off, maybe together we would kick their asses.

We've already fought enough and the percentage of radicals who wished there was actually a civil war is .0000000000000001% of the entire population. They have no power. No following. The most likely are outsiders that even are disconnected from crazy people like Ted Nutgent.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'll be sure to remind you

I'll be sure to remind you that you said that after the country dissolves and people are killing each other for food.

If you survive, of course.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:I'll be sure to

Vastet wrote:
I'll be sure to remind you that you said that after the country dissolves and people are killing each other for food. If you survive, of course.

Naw, we will just come up to Canada and steal your weed.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Ted Nugent isn't a "former

Ted Nugent isn't a "former rock star", he still tours constantly- it is a fun concert to go to although I find it ironic that a man so anti-drug and anti-alcohol makes music that is best listened to with plenty of pot and a bottle.

As for his comments, who cares? Entertainers say stupid shit like that all the time and the only reason anyone pays attention to it at all is because of their fame, not because they are informed or have any real credibility on the subject they spout off about. If I put my mind to it I could probably find a dozen left wing celebs that said similarly stupid shit about Bush. Ted probably has to be a little more controversial because he isn't so famous, no one would publish a news story if he just said "Obama sucks". 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Vastet

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Vastet wrote:
I'll be sure to remind you that you said that after the country dissolves and people are killing each other for food. If you survive, of course.

Lol, I'd say good on you, except we'll be doing exactly the same shit. I'm not trying to single out America here. I figure the majority of civilisation will go through a massive upheaval. Mostly the west.
But the east will be growing as it happens, going through much of what the west has already gone through, but also some of which it hasn't.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: Ted

Beyond Saving wrote:

Ted Nugent isn't a "former rock star", he still tours constantly- it is a fun concert to go to although I find it ironic that a man so anti-drug and anti-alcohol makes music that is best listened to with plenty of pot and a bottle.

As for his comments, who cares? Entertainers say stupid shit like that all the time and the only reason anyone pays attention to it at all is because of their fame, not because they are informed or have any real credibility on the subject they spout off about. If I put my mind to it I could probably find a dozen left wing celebs that said similarly stupid shit about Bush. Ted probably has to be a little more controversial because he isn't so famous, no one would publish a news story if he just said "Obama sucks". 

I said former, I don't give one shit he still makes a living, he is a has been and will never get back to his former glory. And he is nothing but a doomsday tea party nut.

And as far as his comments, you masturbate all over the place about money and the right to make money but you condone his implications of "wink wink" violence.

You should care. You start fucking with the idea of war like this EITHER WAY if such were to happen, our system, no matter how imperfect protects the office, not the man. EVERY president  that has been in our office, your side, AND my side, are there because of elections. Elections are the civil way to govern. Ted is suggesting that violence is ok when you loose an election. And if someone like Bill Mahr had said the same thing about Bush you'd be screaming you head off.

You and Ted are merely fucking acting like crybabies because a "liberal commie" is our president. GROW THE FUCK UP. If Obama gets 4 more years you still have 2016 to try and get who you want in office. You masturbate over competition but cry like a schoolboy when you lose.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: Ted

Beyond Saving wrote:

He's a radical and I do care because it is types like him that say shit that get people worked up in to a frenzy. It's no different than the other side of the coin. Their just as bad too. There is no balance to their thoughts or words.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:digitalbeachbum

Vastet wrote:
digitalbeachbum wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Lol, I'd say good on you, except we'll be doing exactly the same shit. I'm not trying to single out America here. I figure the majority of civilisation will go through a massive upheaval. Mostly the west. But the east will be growing as it happens, going through much of what the west has already gone through, but also some of which it hasn't.

American will eventually die. It will change. Become something else. What country hasn't?

Will it happen in my life time? It already is changing and has been doing so for the last 236 years.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: And as far as

Brian37 wrote:

And as far as his comments, you masturbate all over the place about money and the right to make money but you condone his implications of "wink wink" violence.

I don't condone it, I just don't give a flying fuck. 99.9% of celebrities are totally clueless idiots who talk about things they don't have a clue about. What they say is less important to me than what the guy at the bar says. 

Brian37 wrote:

You should care. You start fucking with the idea of war like this EITHER WAY if such were to happen, our system, no matter how imperfect protects the office, not the man. EVERY president  that has been in our office, your side, AND my side, are there because of elections. Elections are the civil way to govern. Ted is suggesting that violence is ok when you loose an election. And if someone like Bill Mahr had said the same thing about Bush you'd be screaming you head off.

People said this type of shit about Bush all the time. Saying they would leave the country (which they didn't), saying Bush was a war criminal and should be hung, making jokes that Bush should go bird hunting with Cheney, protests often had Bush burning in effigy etc. Interesting that you mention Bill Maher, he did a skit where he intentionally ran over a likeness of Bush with his car. 

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/cspanjunkie/bill-maher-runs-over-george-w-bush-jay 

on the CBS "Late Late Show" they had a video of Bush with the words "Snipers Wanted" underneath,

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=116331&page=1#.T5QEpauGq6s

and on Maher's show Senator John Kerry made a joke about killing Bush 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HoaC3iRx44

Brian37 wrote:

You and Ted are merely fucking acting like crybabies because a "liberal commie" is our president. GROW THE FUCK UP. If Obama gets 4 more years you still have 2016 to try and get who you want in office. You masturbate over competition but cry like a schoolboy when you lose.

What am I crying about? Yeah, I think Obama is a shitty president and I don't agree with much of what he has done. I think Bush was a shitty president and I don't agree with much of what he has done. I think Romney was a shitty governor and if he wins I don't think he will be a very big improvement over Obama. I have admitted that my side doesn't have a chance of winning the presidency anytime soon. I will feel like I won if my candidate gets 5% of the vote. That is why I keep the vast majority of my discussions strictly on specific issues and policies.

You are the one acting like a crybaby because Ted said something that offends you. GROW THE FUCK UP. You sound like Hannity at the end of that youtube clip. I doubt Hannity said a thing about Nugent and I doubt you will say a thing when someone makes some stupid statement about Romney. My stand on these types of statements is that they should be evaluated based on the situation. If someone is making a serious threat it needs to be investigated and perhaps prosecuted.

The Secret Service is in charge of determining when to investigate and when to prosecute, thus far I don't have any reason to criticize them. I understand they sent someone to talk to Ted, obviously they didn't press charges because they know that it wasn't a serious assassination threat. A political opponent to the President made a stupid hyperbolic statement, I'm glad we live in a country that gives us the freedom to say stupid shit. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Beyond Saving

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

I said former, I don't give one shit he still makes a living, he is a has been and will never get back to his former glory. And he is nothing but a doomsday tea party nut.

Someone's yanking posts out of context again to make a point. Woohoo!

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)