Bible king James - Why People Read the Bible

bibleonline
bibleonline's picture
User is offlineOffline

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

The Authorized King James Version Bible has authentically served the body of Christ for almost 400 years. People say things like, "it's too hard to read" or "it doesn't properly reflect the true meaning of the original Greek", which are poor excuses. The King James Version Bible has been tested and reads just fine for even a 5th grader.

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
 yes, I believe in the KJV

yes, I believe in the KJV because it promotes many fairy tales such as the existence of God and unicorns.

One of 3 or 4 text

Job 39:9

Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
 if I had any bible to read

if I had any bible to read it might be the one Thomas Jefferson made...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Bible

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
All versions of the bible

All versions of the bible were written by crackheads who took way too much drama and not enough English or science. None of them make any sense.
They should all come with warnings such as: May cause stupidity, drowsiness, violence, and death.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

bibleonline wrote:

The Authorized King James Version Bible has authentically served the body of Christ for almost 400 years. People say things like, "it's too hard to read" or "it doesn't properly reflect the true meaning of the original Greek", which are poor excuses. The King James Version Bible has been tested and reads just fine for even a 5th grader.

At least they correctly targeted the reading skills of it intended audience.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yep

bibleonline wrote:

The King James Version Bible reads just fine for...a 5th grader.

That's its intellectual level right there. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

bibleonline wrote:

The King James Version Bible reads just fine for...a 5th grader.

That's its intellectual level right there. 

LOL

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
bibleonline wrote:Bible king

bibleonline wrote:

This applies to all translations of the Babble.

1 - In order to justify an action such as:

a-invasion of the land of the infidels such as the Crusades.

b-the seizure of land from heretics such as the Crusade against the Cathars.

c-dispatching the pretty girl who is enticing your boyfriend as in witch hunting.

d-to gain property in order to construct more churches such as the Inquisition.

e-to control those who are weak minded.

f-for power.

2-Because all of their other books were burned.

3-Because they had a SEE (significant emotional event) and can't face reality.

4-Dungeons and Dragons wasn't created yet.

5-Their batteries are dead on their IPAD.

6-They are in prison and they can't get Playboy or Penthouse

7-David Koresh was their hero.

8-Their parents make them read it.

9-They are being held captive by zealots.

10-Someone took the Yellow Pages from the hotel room and that's the only thing in the room to read.

bibleonline wrote:

The Authorized King James Version Bible has authentically served the body of Christ for almost 400 years.

The history of Christianity supports this, "God wills it" can be used to manipulate people to your goals.

bibleonline wrote:

People say things like, "it's too hard to read" or "it doesn't properly reflect the true meaning of the original Greek",

The true meaning comes through in any language; do what we say or you will burn in the fiery pit.

bibleonline wrote:

which are poor excuses.

That only indicates there are still some people left that use their mental capabilities to the disdain of the religious manipulators that wish to control the populace.

bibleonline wrote:

The King James Version Bible has been tested and reads just fine for even a 5th grader.

It works even better on 5 year olds. Manipulate them early on so you can scare them into submission and control them for life.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
 KJV is a lousy

KJV is a lousy translation, I heard there were about 40 translators, but only 3 of them knew Hebrew and two of these died before they got to the book of Psalms. 

ex-minister wrote:

yes, I believe in the KJV because it promotes many fairy tales such as the existence of God and unicorns.

One of 3 or 4 text

Job 39:9

Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib? 

Job 39:10: Friendship is magiiic!!!

But seriously, the unicorns are real, just a bad translation from Latin. It was supposed to be rinoceros unicornis and bicornis, not really an animal you'd want by thy fragile crib. But giants, dragons, witches and wizards have no such excuse.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why would an all powerful

EDIT, got on auto pilot, to the OP I misread the OP. So don't take this now as being aimed at you, but at people who still believe. SORRY for the misunderstanding.

Why would an all powerful god need mere mortals to take 1,000 years and 40 authors to write an instruction manual and then use mere mortals to VOTE at the council of Nicea in 329 as to which books are put in the bible and which books get left out?

That doesn't sound like an "all powerful" being, that sounds like humans making shit up and voting on what shit they wish were real.

I don't care how fucking long that religion has existed. Humans do not pop out of dirt or other human ribs. Snakes and donkeys dont talk. It takes two sets of DNA to make a baby, and human flesh does not survive rigor mortis.

And that is just the scientific absurdity of the bible. That by itself is enough to reject it.

But lets look at this fictional character "God" from a morality perspective.

1. You cannot leave him.

2. You cannot vote him out of office.

3. You cannot change his laws.

4. He can do what he wants with you, which reduces you to mere property, a toy, a lab rat.

The very definition of a dictator.

5. Condones genocide of babies and children and non club members. Not just upon one occasion, but several occasions.

6. Watches acts of incest. AND if you believe he sees everything, even today, that means he has seen you every time you piss and shit and have sex, and does so WITHOUT your consent.

7.  Is willing to torture humans in hell, even for the mere infraction of picking the wrong pet god club or not having a pet god club.

These are not the acts of a compassionate being. These are the acts of an insecure petty selfish delusional narcissist.

The bible would be a laughable Jerry Springer episode if it were not for the real horrible reality that people swallow this horrible book.

Now before you go falsely claiming that I am a bigot, I do hate the fact that people think it is a real history book. And I do hate the fact that people believe anything in it is credible as far as the fantastic magical claims in it.

BUT to understand my bluntness and blasphemy you need to do yourself a favor.

ACCEPT that this is not a personal attack on you, or a personal attack on your right to believe. I have never met you. I also have family and friends and co workers who hold all sorts of religious beliefs.

You can look at the above as merely like a book review or a movie review. I am merely doing this:

Person A, " The Colts won the Super Bowl this year"

Me, "Bullshit, the Giants did".

Or,

Person A, "I thought this movie was great"

Me, "I think it sucked, and here is why".

This is not about you or your human right to make whatever claim you want. This is merely my reaction to what I am being presented. I will not sugar coat my view of the bible, or any superstition for that matter.

Humans started out with earthy gods, like volcanos, storm gods, which later on took on human attributes in polytheism. I see modern monotheism as merely the same gap answer as all the rest prior to what is still believed today. All of it is merely the human projection of what people wish were true.

The current religions still believed to be fact today were not around 1 billion years ago, and after our planet dies and our species goes extinct our human invented myths will die with us because there will not be a future generation to sell any god or any myth to.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Why would an

Brian37 wrote:

Why would an all powerful god need mere mortals to take 1,000 years and 40 authors to write an instruction manual and then use mere mortals to VOTE at the council of Nicea in 329 as to which books are put in the bible and which books get left out?

And don't leave out the Council of Trent... they put a lot of hard work and time in to it too. Give credit where credit is due!

The church's interpretation of the Bible was final. Any Christian who substituted his or her own interpretation was a heretic. Also, the Bible and Church Tradition (not mere customs but the ancient tradition that made up part of the Catholic faith) were equally authoritative.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
*After reading the last two

*After reading the last few posts, any christian with the capacity to use their brain for anything useful turns atheist.*

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.