Mormon Bullshit

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mormon Bullshit

I've been in a Mormon temple previously. They are... to say the least... gaudy.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/07/taking-a-rare-tour-of-a-mormon-temple/

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Paid for by tithing

http://www.exmormon.org/mormon/mormon373.htm

They sure have got a good scam going.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
x

x wrote:

http://www.exmormon.org/mormon/mormon373.htm

They sure have got a good scam going.

Wow. What a tough read. How people do that shit is beyond me. What a bunch of stupid people giving money so they get in to heaven.

When I was in college there was a young girl getting married to a mormon who wrote a paper for the english class. She talked about the mormon church and her husband. She said that her family was against the marriage (they were catholic) and that her husband had to give up X% each year to the church. She told us about the "education" that was given to her before they got engaged. Apparently when she died she would not get in to the same level of heaven as her husband. She said that heaven was broken down in to different levels for various people. Only the mormon's got to be at the highest level.

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Even worse than that

digitalbeachbum wrote:

She said that heaven was broken down in to different levels for various people. Only the mormon's got to be at the highest level.

I remember reading somewhere that even within the three levels of heaven, there are subcategories.

In effect, the only way to get to the top level is to pay lots of money and do temple ceremonies.

That's partly why the temples are so 'sumptuous' I suppose.

You'll be more likely to feel that you're getting your money's worth.

I can't find the site, but

http://www.leaderu.com/offices/michaeldavis/docs/mormonism/definitions.html

covers some of this under heaven and salvation.

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I've been in a Mormon temple previously. They are... to say the least... gaudy.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/07/taking-a-rare-tour-of-a-mormon-temple/

God likes kitsch.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

Seems to me those who object to posthumous baptism have to be saying they believe it really works.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:Seems to

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

Seems to me those who object to posthumous baptism have to be saying they believe it really works.

They might be offended by the suggestion their relative would have considered being a Mormon. Not that it's something to be upset about but it is a little offensive. It's like calling the person stupid.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

A reasonable objection would be that it permits LDS to inflate their overall numbers ("Mormonism:  Over 100 billion baptized&quotEye-wink.  Of course, if mormons themselves believe it really works, then there's no need for them to go door-to-door trying to convert people; they can just convert them after they die.

Dan Savage has a counterproposal:  posthumously converting mormons to be gay.  

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

Gauche wrote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

They might be offended by the suggestion their relative would have considered being a Mormon. Not that it's something to be upset about but it is a little offensive. It's like calling the person stupid.

I agree we do have  a currently popular cultural wherin people pretending to be offended for a montaty gain, US law holds the dead cannot be offended for the simple and obvioius reason that they are dead.

As atheists we are talking abougt brain dead believers.

I do not see a rationale that discriminates between brain dead believers even the retarded orthodox jewish ones. In fact would argue specifically against those retards in favor of thw Reform but it is a difficult call when both advocate Molley Yard tagline, I am offended. Tough shit.

In the meantime, only those dumb enough to be offended are obviously dumb enough to think it is other thn BS. One has to be an idtiot or a professional to giive a rat's ass.

I am open to learining. Produce facta to the contrary.

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

zarathustra wrote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

A reasonable objection would be that it permits LDS to inflate their overall numbers ("Mormonism:  Over 100 billion baptized&quotEye-wink.  Of course, if mormons themselves believe it really works, then there's no need for them to go door-to-door trying to convert people; they can just convert them after they die.

Dan Savage has a counterproposal:  posthumously converting mormons to be gay.  

Pardon but the LDS can claim a Billion. Claims change nothing. WTF are you talking about? Israel claims 7000,000 Jews (not citizens as Israel has no such thing in law) That is about a 15% inflation of population figures.

www.ussliberty.org

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
x wrote:digitalbeachbum

x wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

She said that heaven was broken down in to different levels for various people. Only the mormon's got to be at the highest level.

I remember reading somewhere that even within the three levels of heaven, there are subcategories.

In effect, the only way to get to the top level is to pay lots of money and do temple ceremonies.

Can you believe we actually have a MORON presdiential candidate who believes this insanity?? I just don't see Romney winning believing in this nonsense! I mean at least Obama is rational and his mom was a secular humanist which deep down inside is what Obama is too!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Dunno

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

x wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Can you believe we actually have a MORON presdiential candidate who believes this insanity?? I just don't see Romney winning believing in this nonsense! I mean at least Obama is rational and his mom was a secular humanist which deep down inside is what Obama is too!

I'm never convinced that political candidates and many believers really believe all the nonsense, but maybe I'm being naive.

fdg435 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Be aware, mormon religion is

Be aware, mormon religion is accepted by the hungarian government, and it is supported with governmental money.

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

It would seem to me that people like Anne Frank, who have been dead for years, would have already been placed in whatever afterlife they were supposed to be. What do these people think is going to happen ? That god is going to pluck them out of their afterlife and send them to Mormon afterlife ? What if they are happy with their afterlife ? What if they don't want to go to Mormon afterlife ? 

The whole thing is so ridiculous that it is hard for me to keep a straight face while reading the article about this nonsense. 

Perhaps Shit Romney could answer this question, when he is not constantly switching his positions in the media of course. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
x wrote:JesusNEVERexisted

x wrote:

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

x wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I'm never convinced that political candidates and many believers really believe all the nonsense, but maybe I'm being naive.

Could be but Romney was once a MORON missionary so he seems to really take this crap seriously!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
You may be right

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

Romney was once a MORON missionary so he seems to really take this crap seriously!

Yes, but there is a great deal of social pressure applied, so if you want to make it big in the LDS, you probably would have to be a missionary.

Still, it is possible that he actually believes. I just find it hard to comprehend that people actually believe this stuff, especially people who have the nous and ruthlessness to make it to the top of a political party.

http://mormon.org/faq/serve-missions/

Every worthy young man is expected to serve a mission, though there is no punishment for not doing so.

The young men of the church have been strongly encouraged to serve a mission at age 19, and the sisters are able to serve at age 21, but no one is required to serve.

Church membership is not revoked for not serving a mission. In this sense, they are not required, yet serving a mission is encouraged at many stages in life and in many different capacities throughout the world.