It's a MAN, baby!

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
It's a MAN, baby!

Ok, I am a big supporter of gay rights in every regard...except when it deals with rulings like this.

shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/sex-change-women-allowed-enter-miss-universe-175900662.html

This freak because, let's face it, that's what this "thing" is, should have no female rights and the same goes for any other transgender.  If you were born a woman, you're a woman and the same applies just the same for men.  Just because a doctor wants to mutilate your insides, doll you up like a cheap Thailand whore and put a wig on you doesn't make you any more of the opposite gender.  Your DNA cannot be fucked with in that manner and even as far as medical science has come, you are the same gender from birth 'til death end of story.  This is grossly disrespectful to women of this competition that work their entire lives to maintain this degree of beauty and prestige being potentially upstaged by something that isn't even the same gender.  Why stop here?  Let's allow a transgender to compete in the women events at the Olympics.  Fuck tolerance and "PC" crap; this is insulting. 

Thoughts?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
[qipte]On that note, talk

[qipte]On that note, talk amongst yourselves and explain why you're superior to me on this issue if you must, but I think I've been pretty civil and clear even though it felt like I was being ganged up on.

There is NO human being on the face of this planet that is "superior", not you, not me, not anyone.

However what we do have is a better understanding that roles are memes societies set up and do NOT reflect the  range of evolution. So when an individual seems like a freak, what is really going on is that their biology is simply a minority as part of a larger sample rate.

We have a much better understanding of human biology and evolution. Just like we now know that epilepsy is not the result of demons.  Our plumbing does not always match what our brains tell us we want to be or should be, and most certainly societal memes are merely ideas not science.

No one is expecting you to get  sex change or have sex with someone who has had a sex change. But like I said, we are not talking about a sub species or sub human. These are merely humans who were born with different biology and bran chemistry, it just happened that their plumbing didn't match up with their brain.\

If getting a sex change is what it takes for a person to be happy with themselves and live a productive happy, they have every right.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Sage_Override

Sage_Override wrote:

Quote:
This Talackova wanted to compete, was told no, hired representation and presented Miss Universe with a large petition. Miss Universe decided it was in their best interests to give in. Good for Talackova. Now parents will no longer have to explain to little Timmy that it is impossible for him to grow up to be a beauty queen.

Yes, and that makes it all better, right?  Let's tell little Timmy that the person who won is really a man and explain that he will have to be careful not to fall into a trap and take one of them home one day because they may look like any other woman, artificially attractive on the outside, but horribly mutilated up top and down below.  He'll only be scarred for life and no amount of hot water or soap can remove that terrible feeling.  Ace Ventura had to learn the hard way with Einhorn:

Quote:
Just like gays, transgender people have issues with their DNA. There is an overwhelming feeling inside that you are not made correctly. Mentally you are a woman but in a man body. Studies have shown true transgender DNA has... well I'll let you read it.

While that may be true, I still stand by the fact that they aren't true men/women after getting altered on the operating table.  It's unfortunate that they may be born with an imbalance, but that doesn't give them free reign to take part in gender specific events like competing in the Olympics or beauty pageants.  It doesn't change their original gender from birth.  Saying it's ok for a transgender to compete in said events is like saying it's ok for a regular man that has had no sex change operation procedures to put on prosthetics, cake on the make-up and pose as a woman.  Regardless of how they FEEL on the inside, they are STILL a man or a woman bottom line.  Modern science made this type of shit possible so, if this is a genetic thing, it's been going on for a long time, but at least if a person with this imbalance was around we'd be able to tell if they were gay or straight...well, hopefully.

I'm just bringing this kind of issue to the table because it isn't talked about that much and around here, sometimes conversations become stale.  To me, transgenders are pretty creepy and there's way too much red tape regarding what rights they feel they should have in certain aspects based on what gender they had at birth and I'm allowed to have that opinion.  I don't think they should be burned at the stake or become victims of hate crimes or anything like that, but they need to understand why they can't do certain things just because they THINK they are another gender due to operations and layers of rouge. 

First off IN THE CONTEXT of that Ace Ventura clip, he was lied to. So his reaction is one of being manipulated. In real life no one likes to be manipulated or lied to. Any consensual sex in real life does not garner that reaction. Now people may after the fact, if indoctrinated by a societal meme, treat the act as something they were ashamed of or are supposed to be ashamed of. 

Why should any person male to female, male to male, or female to female, or bi, or transgendered, be made to feel ashamed by society? If they and their partner are honest with each other and are consenting adults, it is their choice and their right.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:  There is

Brian37 wrote:

There is NO human being on the face of this planet that is "superior", not you, not me, not anyone.

Of course there are superior human beings and in almost every category that one could think of.  Is Stephen Hawking my intellectual superior ?  Undoubtedly !  Is Lance Armstrong a superior athlete compared to me ?  Of course !     I am inferior to literally millions ( if not billions ) of my fellow humans.  It's not my fault that I don't excell in everything but that doesn't change the fact that there is an undeniable hierarchy among humans.  There is no such thing as equality in nature.  Some of us are gifted, others are not, like it love it or hate it, there's absolutely nothing that can be done to stop the inequitable distribution of desirable traits. 

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Of course there are superior human beings and in almost every category that one could think of.  Is Stephen Hawking my intellectual superior ?  Undoubtedly !  Is Lance Armstrong a superior athlete compared to me ?  Of course !     I am inferior to literally millions ( if not billions ) of my fellow humans.  It's not my fault that I don't excell in everything but that doesn't change the fact that there is an undeniable hierarchy among humans.  There is no such thing as equality in nature.  Some of us are gifted, others are not, like it love it or hate it, there's absolutely nothing that can be done to stop the inequitable distribution of desirable traits. 

I agree, but Stephen Hawkins might be only superior to you with black holes, speed of light and such. You might be more intelligent than he is when it comes to gopher turtles or swiss army knives.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override wrote:If my

Sage_Override wrote:

If my "bigotry," or whatever repetitious word you want to use, makes no sense to some of you, fine.  I really don't care.  It's pretty apparent that no matter how I defend my position, no matter what I say to reinforce my very rational reasoning, you'll still call me a bigot.  Even though I've said over and over again that I'm for gay rights in more words than I can express, even though that isn't the issue, you'll still call me a bigot.  Amazing.  Thanks to digital for giving me a heads up on that DNA evidence, by the way.  I appreciate the input and for not acting as rude as the others to my views. 

On that note, talk amongst yourselves and explain why you're superior to me on this issue if you must, but I think I've been pretty civil and clear even though it felt like I was being ganged up on.  It's kind of funny that this seems to be such a touchy subject around here; I never would have guessed.  Regardless,  I've stated my case and I'm done with this thread. 

The defense of your position pretty much comes down to "Eww! Yuck! That's icky!" so it got treated as it deserved. Sorry if that bothers you.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Quote: Is Lance Armstrong a

Quote:
Is Lance Armstrong a superior athlete compared to me ?

There will NEVER be any human that can survive death. The fattest fuck and and the luckiest investor can stick their dick into a vagina. I am NOT discounting his accomplishments. I am saying that life is not a script.

Evolution doesn't favor brains over brawn. If you fuck, it does not matter if you worked at it or got lucky, all that matters is that you made offspring.

I hate the mantra of "hard work". BULL FUCKING SHIT! If that were the case then why do we invent things to make things easier for us? If that were the case then why does my boss own a business? I am quite sure he could not do my job, much less live off of what he pays me.

Life is NOT  script. All of us will die, from the most poor, to the most rich, to the most physically fit. NONE OF THAT makes us superior.

There are lots of things other humans do better than me. But no one is super human and no one is special. We all fart, shit pee and all of us will die.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Quote: Is

Brian37 wrote:

Quote:
Is Lance Armstrong a superior athlete compared to me ?

There will NEVER be any human that can survive death. The fattest fuck and and the luckiest investor can stick their dick into a vagina. I am NOT discounting his accomplishments. I am saying that life is not a script.

Evolution doesn't favor brains over brawn. If you fuck, it does not matter if you worked at it or got lucky, all that matters is that you made offspring.

I hate the mantra of "hard work". BULL FUCKING SHIT! If that were the case then why do we invent things to make things easier for us? If that were the case then why does my boss own a business? I am quite sure he could not do my job, much less live off of what he pays me.

Life is NOT  script. All of us will die, from the most poor, to the most rich, to the most physically fit. NONE OF THAT makes us superior.

There are lots of things other humans do better than me. But no one is super human and no one is special. We all fart, shit pee and all of us will die.

The fact that humans don't survive death isn't even remotely related to any point that I was attempting to make.   The fact that we reproduce isn't the issue either  .... and I never even attempted to make comparisons to "super humans"  .....in fact I really don't understand what you're trying to say at all.    Seriously, your reply doesn't make any sense.

No offense Brian but all I can make out of your disjointed response is that you seem to be very upset regarding the indiscriminate aspects of genetics and heredity.   Nevertheless I can assure you that fairness is not a factor in hereditary processes. Sad but true.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Chaz, you're looking fine !

You owe John Candy fans and most Canadians an apology for that post

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:The fattest

Brian37 wrote:

The fattest fuck and and the luckiest investor can stick their dick into a vagina. 

Sure, but not all vagina's are created equal. Some are far superior to others, sometimes through sheer genetic coincidence and others through talent and practice. The luckiest investor no doubt has a much larger field of choices and that field of choices is on average probably a lot more attractive.

Brian37 wrote:

I agree. Hard work is way overrated, working smart is much better. See brains are better than brawn. So why do you continue to work hard?  Kind of funny that you take some kind of twisted form of elitism towards your boss while arguing no one is superior to anyone else. My advice- don't work hard. 

Brian37 wrote:

Actually it is a script- you are born, you age, you die. You just have the opportunity to fill in the middle and make your script superior to others. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
Meet Eric/Erika.- said to be

Meet Eric/Erika.- said to be 1 of 4 "mosaic hermaphrodites" known in the world.  the mosaic's have both functioning penis ans vagina. From what i gathered doctors say Erika is able to get pregnant but Eric's sperm count is very low and would not likely be able to get another woman pregnant. (don't hold me to to any of that last part - i didn't take the time to investigate).  What if this cat was able to get herself pregnant?  That would raise so many questions I hardly know where to start.

thest are 2 real short clips. 1 as him dressed as woman telling about his diificulties and 1 as a man in a behind the scenes with Dr. Drew.  there's a few more on the tube about marriage and other shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gGJjuL8-iY         http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlEa4k7SJ1w

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
tonyjeffers wrote:Meet

tonyjeffers wrote:

Meet Eric/Erika.- said to be 1 of 4 "mosaic hermaphrodites" known in the world.  the mosaic's have both functioning penis ans vagina. From what i gathered doctors say Erika is able to get pregnant but Eric's sperm count is very low and would not likely be able to get another woman pregnant. (don't hold me to to any of that last part - i didn't take the time to investigate).  What if this cat was able to get herself pregnant?  That would raise so many questions I hardly know where to start.

thest are 2 real short clips. 1 as him dressed as woman telling about his diificulties and 1 as a man in a behind the scenes with Dr. Drew.  there's a few more on the tube about marriage and other shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gGJjuL8-iY         http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlEa4k7SJ1w

"At first I was '' but then I ''"

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sorry Brian, but Ace's

Sorry Brian, but Ace's shower in that movie had nothing to do with being lied to per se; and everything to do with the fact he'd kissed a man. It was blatantly obvious.

"Finkle is Einhorn. Einhorn is Finkle. Einhorn is a man!?! Blaaargh"

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.