Poetry by Brian37 (poems by an atheist)

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Poetry by Brian37 (poems by an atheist)

I post all over the web, but I want a back up in case my computer or one particular website goes down.

I have decided to edit this post because I do not like giving people the wrong impression. I cannot read Shakespeare to save my life. I just remember this one line from act 5 scene 5 and put my own spin on it. I've had to explain this over and over so here I decided to put that in this post so there is no more presuming what I know or don't know. But the plot of MacBeth is the old lesson, you can have everything and nothing at all at the same time. And how did all that cruelty serve you in the end? But I do not like play summeries calling him a Nihisist, because it is possible to not do what he did, and accept life as being finite, and sitll have morals without religion. 

NEW EDIT 9/19/22 I got pissed at myself that I was scared to read MacBeth, so tonight, I forced myself to read it online. Now mind you, I did not understand it line for line, but basically Macbeth was an assdhole who murdered his way to the top, and did not believe the 3 witches prophcies. He murdered Duncan and had Banquo murdered. Banquo's ghost haunts Macbeth. And made the grave mistake of attacking McDuff's family and killing them(If I am reading this correctly) But Lady MacBeth has a guilty conscience and kills herself, upon finding out Macbeth basically says that life is not worth living and he should go down with a fight anyway, but refuses to fight  Macduff face to face and Macduff kills him as the hero. ( I SERIOUSLY read the entire play every line, tonight.  I even know where the famous line "double double, toil and trouble". comes from. The three witches, basically saying "look out Macbeth" your ass is in trouble. 

So basically the moral of the play, don't be a fucking asshole when trying to get to the top, or "the bigger they are the harder they fall". Reminds me of the movie Scarface and all the shitty things Tony did to get to the top and all for not. But Sosa in that case was not a good guy either.

QUOTE WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE MACBETH:"To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Here is my spin on that wonderful and profound line:

Out, Out brief candle, By Brian37

To-deities, and to-gods, and to-God

Creeps in this petty tyrant from day to day

Until the extinction of humanity new ones will be invented

And all our yesterday's Gods have been created by fools

The way to tribal death. Out out brief myth

Claims are but a walking shadow, a poor reflection

That struts our narcissism upon the stage

And then is heard no more. It is a tale

Told by the credulous, full of sound and fury

Signifying nothing.

(END)

To all reading this thread, you may spread the link to this thread BUT YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION TO POST INDIVIDUAL POEMS! Brian Sapient the owner of this website is full aware of my real name and my physical address. You will not get away with passing yourself off as me! ALL POEMS IN THIS THREAD ARE SOLE PROPERTY OF THE PERSON(ME) and may not be distributed without MY permission.

CHECK OUT MY NEW POETRY BLOG AT >>  www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

You "Other bad shit happens so lets not do anything about gun death." Still doesn't change that 3 of them were murdered with a gun.

Still doesn't change that 3 of them were murdered by knife and his success rate with the knife was 100%, while he was substantially less efficient with the gun. There are very good reasons for that, starting with a gun isn't a fucking miracle machine that means instant death to whoever you want to kill. It takes a lot of skill to kill a person with one shot, our SF guys fire litterally 10s of thousands of rounds to train themselves to achieve the feat of consistently killing people with one shot. Shot placement counts, something that fortunately, most mass murder wackos don't have. Usually because they buy a gun off the shelf, hit the range a few times (if that) and think they are going to mow people down by the dozens. Guns don't work like they do in the movies, trust me, I have killed a lot of living animals with guns.

Brian37 wrote:

If guns are not candy and they are not,

No, they aren't. Guns are much better than candy, although Candy with a gun or two is pretty damn sexy. 

Brian37 wrote:

then they should not be made at the volume of candy

They aren't.

Revenue of the gun industry: $12 billion. (including all guns, ammo and government sales)

Revenue of Nestle: $100 billion.

Since I know you are mathematically challengend $100 billion is much larger than $12 billion... and that is just one candy company. The whole candy industry is several hundred billion. 

Number of new guns per year: 20 million (more than double the average of previous years, Obama has been great for the gun industry, but for the sake of your argument, we will assume that is the new normal) By the way, the fastest growing segment of gun owners are women, like Candy. 

Number of Hershey bars sold per year: 123 million.

(123 million > 20 million)

How about weight? 

I can't find a candy stat, but Americans eat over 2 BILLION pounds of chocolate per year. Just chocolate, a large piece of the candy market, but by no means all. 

Guns? Impossible to calculate for sure, but lets go extreme. My most recent acquisition is system that is 19 pounds. It is a big fucking gun that is highly specialized, much heavier than what most people buy. Most pistols are measured in ounces and your typical hunting shotgun is going to be in the 5-7 pound range. But to give your argument a prayer, let's pretend that everyone who bought a gun, bought a 19 pound one. 19 * 20 million= 380 million pounds.  

380 million < 2 billion

So how are you measuring? By revenue, number and weight, candy production far outstrips guns. (Yet, we all know you will continue with the lie)

Brian37 wrote:

or handed out as easily as candy.

Really? I've never had to even show my drivers license to purchase candy. For my last purchase, I had to pay in full up front and then fill out an application. The application required me to go to the local police station, get finger printed, provide two copies of my passport photo, pay a $200 extortion tax, wait for the fucking ATF to process my paper work and decide that I'm not a terrorist (5 months, fortunately, my gun was being custom made so the gun and supressor were able to be completed together) and then when I picked up my new gun, I had to fill out another form that will sit in a dusty file forever until the government decides they need to know who to kill first. All because I decided I would like my hearing to last until I am at least 60 and make my gun super deadly by adding a suppressor. Which makes it so quiet you can only hear it from about a mile away instead of ten miles.

You ever have to do that to buy candy? What kind of "candy" are you buying?    

Brian37 wrote:

This is not about rights at all.

Obviously, you don't believe in rights, you believe in government tyranny as long as the government agrees with you.  

Brian37 wrote:

You are the one who masturbates over how great the private sector is so you should understand what is causing this. MONEY and just like any industry guns are a business too and their CEO's job is to keep and or expand the market.

Money doesn't cause anything. Money is a result. You get money by satisfying the demands of people. Right now, a lot of people want guns. Although, a lot more people want candy. If your sole goal is to become rich, candy is far more promising than guns. More demand, fewer regulations, fewer barriers of entry and a much larger profit margin. That is why you probably have a couple of local candy companies that make jellies or brownies of fudge or something, but probably don't have a local gun maker. The gun industry has pretty much consolidated into a couple of behemoths. The company that currently owns the worlds largest gun manufacturer (Freedom Group) is called Cerberus Capital has investments in excess of $20 billion and they've been looking to sell. Their gun investments are a drop in the bucket to them. There is no vast conspiracy and huge money in guns. At the level these companies play at, the gun industry is a rounding error. They aren't sitting in their offices thinking "guns guns guns!" they have some underling wall street weenie analyzing the market and telling them whether to buy or sell the company.   

Brian37 wrote:

The original NRA when it started was a safety organization and was not a heat sheild to protect profits for the industry, but now it is.

No, it was not a safety organization. The NRA was initially nothing more than a club of people who enjoyed shooting rifles and decided to organize it into a competition. It was, is and always has been an organization that mostly consists of target shooters and hunters. If you find a gun nut at  an NRA convention, you better buy a lottery ticket because it is your lucky day. They never addressed the topic of safety until 1988 (over 100 years after its founding) with Eddie Eagle. The NRA is not, and never has been against gun control. They have always been and are now extremely weak on the subject. Which is why I am not a member.

Brian37 wrote:

You are out of your mind if you think 300 million guns is managable and will reduce gun injury and death.

Of course 300 million guns are manageable, that is less than one gun per person. I have 28 and I manage to shoot all of them on a fairly regular basis. I do have one shotgun that mostly collects dust because it was my grandfathers and wasn't cared for very well. I keep it more for sentimental reasons than anything. So call it 27 guns I manage. So don't worry, just like taxes, I am taking care of your fair share of the guns along with my own. Don't say I never do anything for you.

Brian37 wrote:

I'll make you a deal, I will shut up when we get our gun deaths down to that of Japans.

Well then you should be pushing for a police state. Have you ever studied Japan's justice system? (Yeah, I know you haven't) There is a reason they have low crime rates across the board. I wouldn't want to live in that kind of system, but it is very effective. All I have to say, is when you convict 99% of people, you are catching pretty much all the bad guys, but you are also putting a lot of innocents in prisons. 

Brian37 wrote:

More guns will not solve shit and the status quo is unacceptable.

I agree. The status quo is extremely unacceptable. That is why we need more guns. 

Last line says it all. 300 million guns is managable? So 500 million would be more managable? A billion guns would be more managable? It seems to me the status quo is acceptable to you because you want more guns.

Oh and one more dead at Seattle Pacific University.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sugar Pill, By Brian37 I'm

Sugar Pill, By Brian37

I'm not impressed

With your sugar pill

I'm not impressed

By emotional appeal

The spider's trap

You dont see

Self inflicted

Intangled in it's web

False martyr

From this you ploy

In barbarous actions

You take joy

Cancerous tulmut

It produces

Protected by

Taboos and status

The repetitive fatigue

Of erroneous prophets

Counter each other

With acts of violence

I'm not impressed

With your sugar pill

Or any claims

Of good will

Obsolescence

Is it's home

Black iron gates

Restrain your thoughts

You'd expect me

To buy such assertions

Of an impetuous jealous

Puppet master?

That by decree,

I am property

By mere proxy

Of utterance?

I'm not impressed

With your sugar pill

I'm not impressed

With what you sell

Lecherous entity

Cloaks itself

Behind false claims

Of morality

Falsely you fancy

Yourself the eagle

Above treetops

Powerful sight

The real truth

Is that you are

Nothing more

Than a rat bird

Sulfuric acid

A predator

Looking for

Gullible converts

I'm not impressed

With your sugar pill

I'm not impressed

With what you sell

You've switched your masks

Changed your costumes

Given yourself

New alias's

All to bludgeon others

Who don't conform

Die sugar pill,

Die!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mendacity, By Brian37 The

Mendacity, By Brian37

The enticing  falsehood

Drenched  in delusion

Self inflicted

From false perceptions

That angel is no angel

That hero is no hero

It is you lying to yourself

In want of the non-existent

The scourge of thought

To be complacent

With mere emotion

With mere tradition

You are not

Looking for evidence

You are looking for

Excuses

Excuses to cling

To empty claims

Too afraid

To self examine

So you lie

To yourself

And in turn

Lie to others

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Beyond Saving

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

You "Other bad shit happens so lets not do anything about gun death." Still doesn't change that 3 of them were murdered with a gun.

Still doesn't change that 3 of them were murdered by knife and his success rate with the knife was 100%, while he was substantially less efficient with the gun. There are very good reasons for that, starting with a gun isn't a fucking miracle machine that means instant death to whoever you want to kill. It takes a lot of skill to kill a person with one shot, our SF guys fire litterally 10s of thousands of rounds to train themselves to achieve the feat of consistently killing people with one shot. Shot placement counts, something that fortunately, most mass murder wackos don't have. Usually because they buy a gun off the shelf, hit the range a few times (if that) and think they are going to mow people down by the dozens. Guns don't work like they do in the movies, trust me, I have killed a lot of living animals with guns.

Brian37 wrote:

If guns are not candy and they are not,

No, they aren't. Guns are much better than candy, although Candy with a gun or two is pretty damn sexy. 

Brian37 wrote:

then they should not be made at the volume of candy

They aren't.

Revenue of the gun industry: $12 billion. (including all guns, ammo and government sales)

Revenue of Nestle: $100 billion.

Since I know you are mathematically challengend $100 billion is much larger than $12 billion... and that is just one candy company. The whole candy industry is several hundred billion. 

Number of new guns per year: 20 million (more than double the average of previous years, Obama has been great for the gun industry, but for the sake of your argument, we will assume that is the new normal) By the way, the fastest growing segment of gun owners are women, like Candy. 

Number of Hershey bars sold per year: 123 million.

(123 million > 20 million)

How about weight? 

I can't find a candy stat, but Americans eat over 2 BILLION pounds of chocolate per year. Just chocolate, a large piece of the candy market, but by no means all. 

Guns? Impossible to calculate for sure, but lets go extreme. My most recent acquisition is system that is 19 pounds. It is a big fucking gun that is highly specialized, much heavier than what most people buy. Most pistols are measured in ounces and your typical hunting shotgun is going to be in the 5-7 pound range. But to give your argument a prayer, let's pretend that everyone who bought a gun, bought a 19 pound one. 19 * 20 million= 380 million pounds.  

380 million < 2 billion

So how are you measuring? By revenue, number and weight, candy production far outstrips guns. (Yet, we all know you will continue with the lie)

Brian37 wrote:

or handed out as easily as candy.

Really? I've never had to even show my drivers license to purchase candy. For my last purchase, I had to pay in full up front and then fill out an application. The application required me to go to the local police station, get finger printed, provide two copies of my passport photo, pay a $200 extortion tax, wait for the fucking ATF to process my paper work and decide that I'm not a terrorist (5 months, fortunately, my gun was being custom made so the gun and supressor were able to be completed together) and then when I picked up my new gun, I had to fill out another form that will sit in a dusty file forever until the government decides they need to know who to kill first. All because I decided I would like my hearing to last until I am at least 60 and make my gun super deadly by adding a suppressor. Which makes it so quiet you can only hear it from about a mile away instead of ten miles.

You ever have to do that to buy candy? What kind of "candy" are you buying?    

Brian37 wrote:

This is not about rights at all.

Obviously, you don't believe in rights, you believe in government tyranny as long as the government agrees with you.  

Brian37 wrote:

You are the one who masturbates over how great the private sector is so you should understand what is causing this. MONEY and just like any industry guns are a business too and their CEO's job is to keep and or expand the market.

Money doesn't cause anything. Money is a result. You get money by satisfying the demands of people. Right now, a lot of people want guns. Although, a lot more people want candy. If your sole goal is to become rich, candy is far more promising than guns. More demand, fewer regulations, fewer barriers of entry and a much larger profit margin. That is why you probably have a couple of local candy companies that make jellies or brownies of fudge or something, but probably don't have a local gun maker. The gun industry has pretty much consolidated into a couple of behemoths. The company that currently owns the worlds largest gun manufacturer (Freedom Group) is called Cerberus Capital has investments in excess of $20 billion and they've been looking to sell. Their gun investments are a drop in the bucket to them. There is no vast conspiracy and huge money in guns. At the level these companies play at, the gun industry is a rounding error. They aren't sitting in their offices thinking "guns guns guns!" they have some underling wall street weenie analyzing the market and telling them whether to buy or sell the company.   

Brian37 wrote:

The original NRA when it started was a safety organization and was not a heat sheild to protect profits for the industry, but now it is.

No, it was not a safety organization. The NRA was initially nothing more than a club of people who enjoyed shooting rifles and decided to organize it into a competition. It was, is and always has been an organization that mostly consists of target shooters and hunters. If you find a gun nut at  an NRA convention, you better buy a lottery ticket because it is your lucky day. They never addressed the topic of safety until 1988 (over 100 years after its founding) with Eddie Eagle. The NRA is not, and never has been against gun control. They have always been and are now extremely weak on the subject. Which is why I am not a member.

Brian37 wrote:

You are out of your mind if you think 300 million guns is managable and will reduce gun injury and death.

Of course 300 million guns are manageable, that is less than one gun per person. I have 28 and I manage to shoot all of them on a fairly regular basis. I do have one shotgun that mostly collects dust because it was my grandfathers and wasn't cared for very well. I keep it more for sentimental reasons than anything. So call it 27 guns I manage. So don't worry, just like taxes, I am taking care of your fair share of the guns along with my own. Don't say I never do anything for you.

Brian37 wrote:

I'll make you a deal, I will shut up when we get our gun deaths down to that of Japans.

Well then you should be pushing for a police state. Have you ever studied Japan's justice system? (Yeah, I know you haven't) There is a reason they have low crime rates across the board. I wouldn't want to live in that kind of system, but it is very effective. All I have to say, is when you convict 99% of people, you are catching pretty much all the bad guys, but you are also putting a lot of innocents in prisons. 

Brian37 wrote:

More guns will not solve shit and the status quo is unacceptable.

I agree. The status quo is extremely unacceptable. That is why we need more guns. 

Last line says it all. 300 million guns is managable? So 500 million would bue more managable? A billion guns would be more managable? It seems to me the status quo is acceptable to you because you want more guns.

Yep.

Quote:

Oh and one more dead at Seattle Pacific University.

Unniversities are dangerous. Tthey should  be banned

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
     Brian,  people who

Brian,  people who criticize guns should be SHOT !!! 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian,  people who criticize guns should be SHOT !!! 

Same with assholes who claim the pay gap is too big. (Note to self: that must mean I have to shoot myself). Smiling

I thought it was funny as hell when the NRA, had a rare moment of sanity and told the open carry nutters to back off, and then the nutters turned on them.

I bet these same morons would run screaming if a black person or muslim citizen walked into a public place with the same assault riffles.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
Reportedly, the Seattle

Reportedly, the Seattle Pacific University shooter was subdued by pepper spray, during a lull in the action while he was reloading.  Had one or more members of the public been carrying, he might have been subdued sooner -- or more people might have been shot by stray bullets from the would-be heroes.

So the question is:  In which direction would we rather err? 

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
zarathustra

zarathustra wrote:

Reportedly, the Seattle Pacific University shooter was subdued by pepper spray, during a lull in the action while he was reloading.  Had one or more members of the public been carrying, he might have been subdued sooner -- or more people might have been shot by stray bullets from the would-be heroes.

So the question is:  In which direction would we rather err? 

I am the first to admit I am a horrible speller. I do try to use search engines to look words up, one gun huggers keep avoiding out of their own selfishness is the word "VOLUME".

There is no pragmatic way to manage the shear amount of guns both legal and illegal because of the flooded market. In a utopia I would not care who owns one and even some gun owners are sane enough to know we have a problem. MONEY is the reason we cant get anything done and the NRA is acting as the heat sheild to the industry that like any big business will do, use that influence to maintain the status quo and or expand their market.

Which position do I want to be in? Less gun death from ANYTHING.

So you gave me two options.

1. Gun

2. Peperspray

How about the third option?

3. Work long term for a society where we would have to worry about having to make either of those choices?

What is not optional at this point in history is to allow things to continue the way they are going.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Which position

Brian37 wrote:
Which position do I want to be in? Less gun death from ANYTHING. 

1. Gun

2. Peperspray

3. Work long term for a society where we would have to worry about having to make either of those choices?

What is not optional at this point in history is to allow things to continue the way they are going.

Call me a pessimist, but I think the feasibility of the 3rd option is limited.  It's only a matter of time before someone starts shooting in public.  Perhaps societal action can reduce the number of people who want to, and perhaps laws can limit their access to firearms, but sooner or later it is going to happen.  When (not if) it happens, are we better off with John Q. Public wielding pepper spray, or return fire?

πππ†
π†††

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
zarathustra wrote:Brian37

zarathustra wrote:

Brian37 wrote:
Which position do I want to be in? Less gun death from ANYTHING. 

1. Gun

2. Peperspray

Call me a pessimist, but I think the feasibility of the 3rd option is limited.  It's only a matter of time before someone starts shooting in public.  Perhaps societal action can reduce the number of people who want to, and perhaps laws can limit their access to firearms, but sooner or later it is going to happen.  When (not if) it happens, are we better off with John Q. Public wielding pepper spray, or return fire?

It would not shock me if what you say came about. But if it does then it is a testemony to what a sad lot our species is to care more about a mere object than to care about human life. This kneejerk reaction is the same attitude Muslims have when you burn a Koran.

The other absurdity with this line of logic they use to defend gun ownership is why the fuck would you want your enemy armed? To insure you yourself don't get harmed by dissent you would have to do what Hitler did, expand gun rights to party loyalsts and ban them from rivals.

Their selfishness is merely nothing more than falsely claiming to be a victim because other people exist and vote. If they are willing to start a civil war over guns then what they are saying is that they do not value peaceful transfure of power which is what our Constitution was set up to do to avoid physical violence.

So if some gun nutfuck wants to murder me while I am unarmed because I object to the status quo and object to the volume made, being unarmed how would I be the bully?

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: So if some

Brian37 wrote:

So if some gun nutfuck wants to murder me...

Nooooo !  if you were killed then who would flood the RRS with shitty poetry !!!

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: I bet these

Brian37 wrote:

I bet these same morons would run screaming if a black person or muslim citizen walked into a public place with the same assault riffles.

And as usual, you would be wrong.

Interesting historical note, the Black Panthers were very pro gun. The KKK was always a strong proponent of gun control. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:The other

Brian37 wrote:

The other absurdity with this line of logic they use to defend gun ownership is why the fuck would you want your enemy armed? To insure you yourself don't get harmed by dissent you would have to do what Hitler did, expand gun rights to party loyalsts and ban them from rivals.

Yes, gun control is always pushed by people who have access to using police and military power. Is it impossible that someday a Hitler type figure could be elected in the US?

Quote:

Their selfishness is merely nothing more than falsely claiming to be a victim because other people exist and vote. If they are willing to start a civil war over guns then what they are saying is that they do not value peaceful transfure of power which is what our Constitution was set up to do to avoid physical violence.

The tranfer of power is peaceful because all sides have access to guns.

Quote:

So if some gun nutfuck wants to murder me while I am unarmed because I object to the status quo and object to the volume made, being unarmed how would I be the bully?

You are not unarmed. The laws you support are enforced by one of the most heavily armed police forces to ever exist. While you personally wont be the one kicking in the door to arrest someone, that force is used because you support it, and it is the use of violent force that you support. You are by far the largest supporter of violence on this site. Government force is your solution to every problem.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
What Happens In Vegas, By

What Happens In Vegas, By Brian37

When Dawkins spoke
Of meme theory
Upon the first time
Hearing about it

I scoffed
But be the issue
Religion or guns
Ideas and ideology sell

Why did this couple
Shout "Revolution"
Why did 9/11 happen
Why do they murder abortion doctors

Because marketing works
Play off of fear or vanity
Sell a utopia
In an imperfect world

Humans will futilely
Fight for Plato's essence
At the cost
Of compassion

Those evil cops
Simply eating pizza
Deserved to die
They were the bullies

Yes, the bullies
We trained collectively
To fear the worst
We are responsible

Absurd to expect
As some do
They should fight crime
With pea shooters

When we have A-R 15s
When 45s and Glocks
Infest every home
Made like Skittles

And you assholes
Have the nerve
To be shocked
At the body count

Have the nerve
To be paranoid
Of how well armed
Law enforcement is

When you yourself
Like a petulant child
Think Dirty Harry
Is Constitutional documentary

Your high capacity phallus
Does not impress us
Your deadly selfishness
We've had enough of

These are not the days of muskets
You are no one's hero
If all you want to do
Is live in a bubble, concerned only with yourself

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

And as usual, you would be wrong.

Interesting historical note, the Black Panthers were very pro gun. The KKK was always a strong proponent of gun control. 

If owned a business the sign on my door would be "KEEP YOUR PENIS EXTENTION OFF OF MY PROPERTY".

Funny thing is even the NRA had a brief moment of sanity and told these nutters to stop scaring the shit out of people, but like cowards backed off doing the right thing for once.

You stupidly not only with the issues of guns but ecomics think nothing you personally do affects anyone else which is Ayn Rand bullshit. You have absolutly no fucking guts to say "RIGHTS RIGHTS RIGHTS" to those two dead cop's families or the innocent women's murdered in the Walmart. If gun rights are what you say are absolute then what that couple did was right, so either support them or accept that the status quo is unnacceptable.

Now for the billionth time, in a utopian world we could BOTH have what we want and I would give one fuck less who owns a gun. But just like saying the pay gap is to big is not a call to end the private sector, the conditions with the VOLUME of guns are not AT THIS POINT IN TIME under the "no rules" attitude the manufactures and NRA want, are pragmatic. The manufactures and NRA want all the profit and none of the responsibility, much like God is all powerful then blames humans for the conditions he creates.

We've put up with "rights" as an argument, we've tried to meet gun owners half way, and it isn't even about most gun owners at all, we've been obstructed from problem solving by an industry like republicans, controlled by monopolies and money.

You want to reduce gun death just like I do, at least I would hope you do. But "no rules" and "fuck you I got mine" and "other bad shit happens so lets not do anything about this bad shit", is unacceptable. Any idiot who thinks the amount of gun death from BOTH legall and illegal guns is acceptable is bat shit insane and nothing short of selfish.

Now just like the pay gap, you can work with us, or we well do it for you. But what will not happen is you playing false maryter and victim because someone else is making the attempt to use their voice in media and the voting booth to try to do things differently to SOLVE problems.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:If owned a

Brian37 wrote:

If owned a business the sign on my door would be "KEEP YOUR PENIS EXTENTION OFF OF MY PROPERTY".

And if you owned a business, I would strongly support your right to do so. You are the one who wants to use guns to force people to do what you want.

Quote:

You stupidly not only with the issues of guns but ecomics think nothing you personally do affects anyone else which is Ayn Rand bullshit.

No, I believe that simply because someone does something you don't like is not a sufficient cause to use violent force.

Quote:

You have absolutly no fucking guts to say "RIGHTS RIGHTS RIGHTS" to those two dead cop's families or the innocent women's murdered in the Walmart. If gun rights are what you say are absolute then what that couple did was right, so either support them or accept that the status quo is unnacceptable.

I believe that murder is a sufficient reason to use violent force. There is a huge difference between carrying a gun and murder.

Quote:

Now for the billionth time, in a utopian world we could BOTH have what we want and I would give one fuck less who owns a gun. But just like saying the pay gap is to big is not a call to end the private sector, the conditions with the VOLUME of guns are not AT THIS POINT IN TIME under the "no rules" attitude the manufactures and NRA want, are pragmatic. The manufactures and NRA want all the profit and none of the responsibility, much like God is all powerful then blames humans for the conditions he creates.

For the billionth time, you have never specified exactly what gun laws you support. You have only advocated 'fewer', never specified how you get to fewer. As usual, you don't even have the courage to state your beliefs clearly. We don't live in a utopian world.  Bad guys have guns and no amount of wishing will change that. No law will stop it. The only people who obey gun laws are people who abide the law. 

Quote:

Now just like the pay gap, you can work with us, or we well do it for you. But what will not happen is you playing false maryter and victim because someone else is making the attempt to use their voice in media and the voting booth to try to do things differently to SOLVE problems.

That says it all. "Do it my way or I will force you to do it my way." And you have the audacity to call me selfish? You are the largest advocate of violence on this site.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

And if you owned a business, I would strongly support your right to do so. You are the one who wants to use guns to force people to do what you want.

Quote:

You stupidly not only with the issues of guns but ecomics think nothing you personally do affects anyone else which is Ayn Rand bullshit.

No, I believe that simply because someone does something you don't like is not a sufficient cause to use violent force.

Quote:

You have absolutly no fucking guts to say "RIGHTS RIGHTS RIGHTS" to those two dead cop's families or the innocent women's murdered in the Walmart. If gun rights are what you say are absolute then what that couple did was right, so either support them or accept that the status quo is unnacceptable.

I believe that murder is a sufficient reason to use violent force. There is a huge difference between carrying a gun and murder.

Quote:

For the billionth time, you have never specified exactly what gun laws you support. You have only advocated 'fewer', never specified how you get to fewer. As usual, you don't even have the courage to state your beliefs clearly. We don't live in a utopian world.  Bad guys have guns and no amount of wishing will change that. No law will stop it. The only people who obey gun laws are people who abide the law. 

Quote:

That says it all. "Do it my way or I will force you to do it my way." And you have the audacity to call me selfish? You are the largest advocate of violence on this site.

Since you love numbers so much here is one for you ZERO. As in ZERO gun deaths. Oh right, our laws as you want them work so well we have none.

Just like economics with you. And just like a theist, cherry pick to suit yourself.

Other countries who allow guns ALSO have much heavier regulations on them and far less gun death. Your Ayn Rand crap isn't going to work anymore.

You want to live in a country with no regulation, move to Somalia. That would be your wet dream.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Tyranny, The False Cry Of

"Tyranny, The False Cry Of the Petulant Child", By Brian37,

In 1966

I was born

Johnson was President

Since more have sworn

Sworn the oath

Of public office

In the interest

Of peaceful transfer of power

Nixon followed

Then that of Ford

Carter and Regan

Different parties in power

After Regan

Then Bush Sr

Then Clinton twice

Then Bush Jr twice

To argue policy

Or efficency

No matter what

Oversight never left

None of them

Could ever deem

President for life

On sudden whim

None of them

Not even today

Has the power

To dispand congress

Power shifts

Over time

It is not tyranny

If you lose

The only danger

I can percive

Is is corruption and greed

Which can affect everything

It is not limited

To government

The ways humans concive

Monopolies of power

Theocracies the same

Are no different

Than that of the fascism

Of North Korea

But some who read this

Would like to think

That the private sector

Is never abusive

Everything

Both public and private

Is run by humans

And subject to gaming

Oversight

Is the only way

To keep monopolies of power

Of taking hold

I do not care

To engague  sore losers

Who get angry at me

For my right to vote

I've never thought

Of Bush or Nixon

As being tyrants

Because I don't like them

We had back then

What we have still now

Checks and balances

Which prevent absolute power

So do me a favor

And shut the fuck up

When Obama leaves office

To which he has no choice.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Submit, By Brian37If the

Submit, By Brian37

If the other tribe
Would just do so
If my women
Would just do so

My liberal brethren
So well intended
Lending cover
To the literalists

My qualm with you
Is your ignorance
That they read
The same words you do

Your kindness does show
And you know
Other labels
Can be kind too

Still not my point
Or argument
About any of
Your good intent

You skip some parts
Like they do too
And with the same god
Come to different conclusions

There is a source
As to which
Female cattle
They are treated

There is a source
Whence violence arises
And use words in a book
To thus justify

The violent ones
Are getting it right
Because back then
You defended your tribe

Back then
You obeyed the king
You dared not
Step out of line

Back then
Vaginas were fields
Men gave the seed
Girls were crops

The words in those books
Are hardly modern
Having nothing to do
With secular pluralism

The only peace
Holy books sell
Is peace through submission
Or burn in hell

Modify message

Report to moderator   70.35.191.77  "We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
T- Boned, By

T- Boned, By Brian37

Someone texting

Someone smoking

Someone eating

While they are driving

Some one speeding

Someone drunk

Runs the red light

Hitting another

I have detractors

Who don't like me

What would they do

If  I was the perp

What if I

Was the innocent  victim

Would politics or religion

Prevent them from helping?

I certianly know

What I would do

When someone is helpless

And I could lend aid

I would not at all

Pass them by

Just because

I hate what they say

I am fine with the fray

With those who are lucid

Yet all of us

Are still the same species

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
We Don't Know, By

We Don't Know, By Brian37

While this is true
Technically speaking
Of the future
Some things we do

No sane scientist
I know
Will claim to know
Everything

But in this admission
There is of importance
That is incumbent
Of the scientist

To forgo
And let go
And discard
Bad data

You don't dwell
On alchemy
Nor would a neurosurgeon
Use parapsychology

Of the invisible
Cognitive cause
That some do claim
Started it all

Which to you
Makes more sense
A deity is real
Or of human origin?

Think about
Those you've discarded
Think of those
You rightfully reject

Add to that
Simply one more
Then you'll understand
The position I am at.

We do know
And so does Hawkings
"A god is not required"
Leave dead claims in the past

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
See If You Can Spot The

See If You Can Spot The Pattern, By Brian37...

What if someone
Argued the same
As you are now
For another pet god claim?

Take a book
Of your choice
Replace the the deity
With someone else

Would those claims
Still make sense
If it was not you
Or the god you defend?

Elaborate prose
Best sellers become
Defending presuppositions
And naked assertions

Some use dead language
Like Greek and Latin
Some retrofit science
To justify nothing

They think it's original
I've seen it before
From every religion
All over the world

Yet none of them willing
To ask themselves
If that same argument
Would work with someone else

Take the word lord
Or the word God..
Take the word Allah
Or Jesus as well

Swap them out
And see if it works
Would it make the magic
True in reverse

Rivers of milk
Rivers of wine
Virgin births
Or surviving death

Abrahamic gods
Or polytheism
Do they make sense
With the same arguments?

You have not controls
No universal standards
For if faith really worked
You'd all be right

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pretty Equals Sky Hero, By

Pretty Equals Sky Hero, By Brian37....

A clear night time sky
A calm ocean sunset
A glowing mother
Who just gave birth

Is nothing more
Than our sense of awe
Gap filling
Ignoring harsh reality

Pretty? Really?
How about tornados
How about volcanos
Tsunami's and cancer

Bacteria,
Downs syndrome
Rape, earthquakes,
Famine and war

That night time sky
Is pretty as well?
Take a space walk
Take your helmet off

Pretty, really?
No, I am sorry
It is nothing more
Than your sense of awe

Your sense of awe
Fooling you
Allowing you
To ignore

To ignore
The destructive side
Of our existence
To placate your emotions

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Omnibenevolent, By

Omnibenevolent, By Brian37

They all claim peace
Their goal so true
Here are some verses
For each of you

Hebrews first
And from the OT
From the book
Of Exodus

"2:11 And it came to pass
In those days,
When Moses was grown,
That he went out
Unto his brethren,

And looked on their burdens:
And he spied an Egyptian
Smiting an Hebrew,
One of his brethren."

"2:12 And he looked this way
And that way,
And when he saw
That there was no man,

He slew
The Egyptian,
And hid him
In the sand."

Street justice
Sanctioned by God
No civil court
Was involved

Now to that
Of the NT
Lets see what that
Has to say

In John 3
Verse 36
Here is what
It really says

"He that believeth on the Son
Hath everlasting life: And he that believeth
Not the Son shall not see life
But but the wrath of God abideth on him."

Tough luck Muslims
Atheists and Hindus
And even tough luck
To most Jews

I'd be remiss
If I forgot Islam
With all it's peace
And all it's charm

So lets take a look
At Allah's love
For the outsiders
Who don't subscribe

In book two
Named "The Cow"
Unbelievers fate
Under Allah's brow

Verse 161
And 162
Tell tells the unbelievers
Where they will go

"Lo! Those who disbelieve
And die while they are disbelievers;
And them is the curse of Allah
And of angels and of men combined.........

They ever dwell therein.
The doom
Will not be lightened for them,
Neither will they be reprieved"

Now I know
Others of these three
Others will claim
"Out of context"

But that is precisely
The same problem
Even with in the same religion
All do fight

Orthodox Jews
Do not like it when
Liberal Jews
Of Muslims befriend

Baptists think Catholics
Are not real Christians
German Christians
Once killed Jews

Sunnis kill Shiites
And their enemies still
Are Jews, Christians and atheists
They burn in hell

But all read the same
Exact books
Look for justifications
For what they do

And all the same god
All three have
How can this god
Sit up above

And watch us all fight
Like children with knives
Stabbing each other
To win a prize

You point to kindness
All of you do
But the kindess ends
When challenges arise

To take these books
Word for word
You all become monsters
In the name of your God

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hobby Lobby, By Brian37This

Hobby Lobby, By Brian37

This trend did not
Start over night
30 years prior
From the right

The wall is being
Torn down
Thecratic plutocracy
Is on the rise

Mix wealth and faith
It's all the same
A way to control
Any dissent

Keep poverty up
And also crime
Keeping the sheep
All in line

Knitting in
The fabric of society
Crafting a backslide
Boiling the lobster slowly

Control their wages
Keep them pregnant
Their sexist god
Wants submission

These hypocrites vile
Want government small
But insist that a CEO
Can be in your doctor's office

What happens when
The next company
Says no to a blood transfusion
That you may need?

What happens if
You want a vaccine
For your child
But the boss cops to their faith?

This is no hobby
You own not their body
Your just being selfish
Because others exist

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Custody Battle, by

Custody Battle, by Brian37

Do not 

Lie to me

And put your kids

In the middle of this

Allah vs Yahweh

Both of you insist

Jerusalam your capital

But is not about religion?

4 teens murdered

One burned alive

His cousin beat by cops

Quit selling me lies

We are not a separate species

Do either of you care

The hate you hand down

To future generations?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 "Identity" By Brian37 I

"Identity" By Brian37

I am a Muslim

I am a Jew

I am a German

I am a Hindu

I am from India 

I am from Mexico

I am from America

I am from Morocco

I am Japanese

I am Chinese

I am Native American

I am Aborigine

I am the universe

I am much older

I'll be around

After the smoulder

Of this planet

When it dies

There will be no record

Of our species tribes

What is important

Is hear and now

And the only "Identity"

That I value

Is that of human

We are all

On one planet

Our only home

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Us vs Them, By Brian37 If

Us vs Them, By Brian37

If you stake a claim,

Based on blood,

Religion,

Or race

Claiming land

For a god

Or claiming

"I was here first"

Those are artificial  things

For the science is in

Common ancestors

From prior primates

Friend and foe alike

Rich and poor alike

As Sagan pleads to all

One home on which we live

With climate change a fact

Pollution alarmingly stacked

Our local tribalism

Needlessly distracts

We are not as different

As we would like to think

Free from fear we want

In the world in which we live

Our petty beefs between us

In which violence unfortunately thrives

Will never change the fact

All will meet demise

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 The Blue Wall of Profit,

The Blue Wall of Profit, By Brian37

Amendments and rights

They hide behind

Played on through fear

A flooded market arises

Armed to the teeth

The public is

Then complain about police

Who fear harm themselves

Before their first beat

Trained from the start

To assume harm

On every call

They knock on your door

Or pull you over

Their families worry

They wont make it home

Any sign 

Of slightest trouble

Trained to dominate

Instead of de escalate 

This vile fetish

Infecting society

Creating mistrust

Causing overreach

You stupid morons

This industry

Sells to both

Caring not of death

Economics

Not your rights

Cops also desire

To make it home at night

Poverty wages

And volume of guns

And the industry

Who scares cops and society

Snakes on flags

Talk of tyranny

Killing cops

Is how they make money

Pit the parties

Against each other

Sell paranoia 

To everyone

The climate of blue

Is caused by the right

Who puts profits above

All human rights

You want big clips

And assault rifles 

Then expect cops

To use pea shooters

The gun factories

Are the only winners

Cops and society

Pay with our blood.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Delta Omega Alpha

Delta Omega Alpha Sorority, By Brian37

They all joined
Not by choice
The house they live in
The chronic misery 

The initiation 
They never wanted
The Spirit of St Luis
Forever haunted

Coded words assasinate
"Thugs and riotors"
No one listens
To their mothers

Garner and Martin
And Brown too
2 a week
Our national average

We fill the house
From ignorance
Refusing to listen
To the house we fill

Lets not make
More members of mothers
To a sorority that none of us
Want to be part of

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 True Lies, By

True Lies, By Brian37

Tumble tumble

Down the stairs

Rat a tat tat

Only bad guys die

Blame the owner

When things go wrong

General Motors

Was held responsible

Instructor dead

A girl traumatized 

Gun manufactures

Sell True Lies

They want our highways

And public roads

With no street lights

Or stop signs

A free for all

Is what they want

For sheer profit

At all costs

"Controlled environment"

At a gun range

Yet it still happened

Because of "True Lies"

Liberals do not

To get rid of all guns

Just some sanity

Instead of "True Lies"

You don't need an Uzi

To shoot a deer

You don't need an assault riffle 

To protect your house

The police do not need

Tanks or gear

This is the industry

Selling fear

This is about profit

And nothing more

About a lobby

That does not care.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Fuck Your Fetish, By

Fuck Your Fetish, By Brian37

Oh look at you

Trying to look tough

A fake patriot

You've had enough

They're comming for me

I know they are

They'll  take them all

I know they will

Rise up rise up

Protect me from

The boogieman

That is not there

Fuck your fetish

And your delusion

That gun saftey sanity

Will end in doomsday

Your needless fear

Is that of the ilk

Of indoctrination

That theists swallow

A fascist state

Will not arise

If we look for solitions

For our problems

Fuck your fetish

It isn't about you

Or your rights

You stupidly spew

The status qoe

Is unacceptable

Fuck your fetish

We'll progress without you

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Carnival Atmopshere, By

Carnival Atmopshere, By Brian37

Bullets and Burgers

It must be a picnick 

Allow a kid

To handle weapons of war

She'd have a blast

Speeding a car

Down a roadway

Ignoring trafic laws

As if it were

Slot racing

Bubmper cars

At Coney Island

A frat party

Of beer pong

Alcohol

Never does wrong

No regulations

Is what they cry

Mc Donalds mentality

No matter who dies

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Since you love

Brian37 wrote:

Since you love numbers so much here is one for you ZERO. As in ZERO gun deaths. Oh right, our laws as you want them work so well we have none.

Just like economics with you. And just like a theist, cherry pick to suit yourself.

Other countries who allow guns ALSO have much heavier regulations on them and far less gun death. Your Ayn Rand crap isn't going to work anymore.

You want to live in a country with no regulation, move to Somolia. That would be your wet dream.

I don't think I'm being irrational in speculating that there will never be ZERO gun deaths.  No matter what laws are in place, tragedy is going to strike, and people are going to get shot.  The question then is, how can tragedy be minimized, if it can't be eradicated altogether?  

πππ†
π†††

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline

zarathustra wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

You want to live in a country with no regulation, move to Somolia. That would be your wet dream.

I don't think I'm being irrational in speculating that there will never be ZERO gun deaths.  No matter what laws are in place, tragedy is going to strike, and people are going to get shot.  The question then is, how can tragedy be minimized, if it can't be eradicated altogether?  

The intent isn't to reach perfection in saying that, but more to the point of getting focus where it should be. I do not want to get rid of all guns, even if that is my "utopia" I am not a dictator and I know others will want them. But our status quo is unacceptable.

You cant reach absolute zero but it would be nice to get as close as we can.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:The intent

Brian37 wrote:

The intent isn't to reach perfection in saying that, but more to the point of getting focus where it should be. I do not want to get rid of all guns, even if that is my "utopia" I am not a dictator and I know others will want them. But our status quo is unacceptable.

Taking away my guns won't save a single life. You have yet to identify exactly how you would change the current laws. Many of the laws I have supported have passed, and right now, gun deaths are at the lowest point since the '60s. How would the laws you support work better?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dictator, By Brian37(AKA

Dictator, By Brian37(AKA Brian James Rational Poet)

Never elected

Needs no consent

Laws unchangeable

Crushes dissent,

A manifestation

Of human desires

Their dear leader

Fights all outsiders

The call to loyalty

Thus he demands

A scorched earth

Is where it all ends

He set it up

Forced your existence

All to obey

To do his bidding

Maladroitness

Albatross strangles

Invisible chains

All inslave

Bring the bolt cutters

Of question and query 

Bring all reason

Ridicule and blasphemy

He has no chance

Under scrutiny

Employ freethought

Set your mind free

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Dark Room, By

The Dark Room, By Brian37(AKA Brian James Rational Poet)

In your infancy 

Your Iris fooled you

Kaleidoscope aperture 

Gaps of the fool

Insert your film

Of ignorance

Only to develop

Utter nonsense 

The broken camera

Was never there

The exposed film

Still unaware

The red light

Outside the door

Warns others

Not to enter

Open that door

There is nothing there

Open that door

Nothing to fear

Tis the con man

That dwells within

Holding no tools

Of real observation

It is the dark room

Empty and void

No real pictures

Ever emerge 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Pogrom, By Brian37(AKA

Pogrom, By Brian37(AKA Brian James Rational Poet on FB)

If we just

Get rid of them

That will answer

"The question"

Absurdities

Are the surest path

To that of 

Atrocities 

There is no magic race

No cleansing that will work

If we just get rid of them

A vile concept at it's core

It is our species cruelty

Manifesting in barbarity

Reapeats needlessly

Throughout our history

The final solution

Is not to be had

It is not compassion

To wash in blood

This racee that race

This book that book

This party that party

Us vs them

The travesty of selfishness

To think we are separate

To think if we only

Get rid of the other

(end)

(NOTE TO READER.......the spellcheck does not work for me in this edit mode, any spelling errors will be corrected in time.)

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 A Pennie For Your

A Pennie For Your Thoughts, By Brian37 (AKA Brian James Rational Poet on FB & Twitter)

The Union Jack

Never holds back

A sailor's language

She does not lack

Her body ravaged

In the same way

By crimes of men

Has had cancer too

Yet even with that

She does not want

Anyone at all

To feel sorry for her

She'll fight back

With Hitchens fervor 

Razor sharp bluntness

She'll run you over

Not out of hate

Not out of anger

But freedom from fear

Of what others think of her

And does so too

With no magic

No divine being

To explain anything

The Union Jack

I'll hang out with

Much more fun

Than snooty rich men

She cares not for

Those who judge

No fear in her

Holds back no words

Prefers to party

In jeans and T-shirt

Would be out of place

As a debutant 

No no

She's not lawless

Just not shallow

Pretending to be flawless

The Union Jack

Accepts everything

Does not gloss it over

Will tell you what she thinks

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:The intent

Brian37 wrote:

Exactly what changes to the status quo are you endorsing that bring us closer to the ideal?

πππ†
π†††

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline

zarathustra wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Exactly what changes to the status quo are you endorsing that bring us closer to the ideal?

Been through this before in other threads. I use this thread to write poetry. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
50s

No Con CERNS, By Brian37(AKA Brian James Rational Poet on FB and @Brianrrs37 on Twitter)

Do not ask me

To ponder the past

To give superstition

Equal weight

There is a collision 

Brought on by question

Destroying absurd

Aniquated pasts

The ship's bosun

Is a petty past

The officer of 

Merchants of myth

The real warrent

Is large in pyhysics

Giving Higgs Boson 

It's now standard name

Mesons and pions

And keons long before

Discovered in the 40s and 50s

Studying cosmic rays

The study

Of kenetic energy

A game of chicken

Where they don't swereve 

The old clip

Of the trains on same track

Aimed at each other

Avoid they cannot

The scientist's boon

Is what it is

To give us insight

On what really is.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
If, By Brian37(AKA Brian

If, By Brian37(AKA Brian James Rational Poet on FB and @brianrrs37 on Twitter)

If you were born

In Saudi Arabia

Sunni would be

How you are raised

If you were born

In Tibet

Buddhism would be

A safe bet

If you were born

In America 

Baptist, Catholic 

Or Protestent 

If you were born

In Israel 

The Torah and Talmud

You would hail 

If you admit

Others can be

Kind and compassonate 

Here's the reality

It is not in that book

It is not in  antiquity

It is in us

In our species

If you think

About the dead gods

Of the past

No longer bought

If you think

And reason well

Face reality

As it is

You can accept

Our finite ride

Seek to extend it

Without war or greed

If you scrap

Utopia thought

Put the differences

On the back burner

If you fear not 

Scrutiny

If you fear not

Blaspehmy

You will find

The comfort sure

Of nature's grandure

Without the lore

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 We Don't Need, By Brian37

We Don't Need, By Brian37 (AKA Brian James Rational Poet, Brianrrs37 on Twitter)

We don't need no indoctrination

We don't need no religious control

No dark quotations from your holy book

Holy men, leave those kids alone.

All in all you're just another myth in the wall

All in all you're just another myth in the wall

If you don't eat your myth

How can you have any fiction?

You, yes YOU BEHIND THE BOOK

Stand still for indoctrination

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Private Parts, By

Format fucked up my poem. Gonna re post it.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Private Parts, By

Private Parts, By Brian37(AKA Brian James Rational Poet on FB & brianrrs37 on Twitter)

Sable waters

In land of Sumer

Private sector

Automatic weapons in hand

Civilians murdered

By our hands

Private sector

Profit from death

Tear gas canisters 

End up in Egypt

Wind blown parachutes

Lend aid to Isis

BP spills

Does it's own study

Pays off lawmakers

To look the other way

Coal ash spills

In North Carolina

Koch Brother's money

Protects the industry

When will humans

Stop and  think

You cant continue

To exploit with greed

You can do business

And do the right thing

Improve conditions

Without the greed.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 The "Insiders", By

The "Insiders", By Brian37(AKA Brian James Rational Poet on FB, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter)

The Jews say

It's yet to be

Christains claim

A second time

12 is the number

Imams claim

What do they think

They do differently?

Josheph Smith

And L Ron Hubbard

Spawn new religions

From absurdities.

And Ethiopia 

Have also claimed

Their own Messiah

Haile Selassie thus named

Taoism, Buddhism

Hindus too

All insiders

Claiming truth

Call them profits

Call them gods

Call them wise men

Standing on nothing

They were nothing

Before their invention

And the universe

Continues not even caring

It will take 

Everyone

Leaving no record

Of what we have done.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sex Ed, By Brian37 (aka

Sex Ed, By Brian37 (aka Brian James Rational Poet on FB and Brianrrs37)

The cuddle fish

Can mask it's gender

It isn't the strongest

Always getting sex

Female spiders 

For the most part

Are bigger than males

To which they devour 

Yet human males

Think in script

As if they were

The only required

As if macho

And testosterone

Makes them entiteled

To a throne 

And in memes 

Around the world

Themes of war

And religious pride

Platitudes used

To divide

Science ignored

Hubris thrives

Oh so clever 

We think we are

Thinking brawn

Is that which matters

This falacious script

From birth to death

That men are men

Never show weakness

To never be

Under female rule

To never accept

Support of them

Nature shows

And always has

All life is a range

Not sexist scripts

Both are needed

Brains and brawn

But neither require

Absolute rule 

Life will adapt

If either win

Reproduction

Is all it is

A better focus

If to bring more peace

Is that of compassion

Not who is strongest

The thinkers are

Of both genders

The there is no monopoly

By proxy of penis

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Public Relations Department,

Public Relations Department, By Brian37 (aka Brian James Rational Poet on FB and @Brianrrs37 on Twitter)

Divine divine

Words on high

He spoke to us

By writing books

Started with Hebrew

And the OT

Then a splinter sect

Claimed Jesus

The Arab world

Continued the trend

A splinter sect

Produced Mohommed 

Their source their sorce

They all claim

The only manual

The world should need

All this all this

A blink of an eye

Yet this being

Took his time

Used fallable humans

To write these books

To no agreement

Amongst the flocks

Revised reviesed 

Over thousands of years

Within the same labels

The blood still spills

All now with websites

And Facebook pages

To garner new members

Through public relations

Seems hardly efficient 

If one is to claim

A blink of an eye

All this was made

A PR department

This being needs

Using flawed humans

That he created

Is this the worship

He wants from humans

Pit all of us

Against each other

If a parent 

Had three kids

Allowed them to behaive

In such violent ways

The sane in the west

Would have them arrested

The child taken away

To be protected

In denial 

The theist is

That public relations

Are comming from them