Poetry by Brian37 (poems by an atheist)

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline

I post all over the web, but I want a back up in case my computer or one particular website goes down.

I have decided to edit this post because I do not like giving people the wrong impression. I cannot read Shakespeare to save my life. I just remember this one line from act 5 scene 5 and put my own spin on it. I've had to explain this over and over so here I decided to put that in this post so there is no more presuming what I know or don't know. But the plot of MacBeth is the old lesson, you can have everything and nothing at all at the same time. And how did all that cruelty serve you in the end? But I do not like play summeries calling him a Nihisist, because it is possible to not do what he did, and accept life as being finite, and sitll have morals without religion. 

NEW EDIT 9/19/22 I got pissed at myself that I was scared to read MacBeth, so tonight, I forced myself to read it online. Now mind you, I did not understand it line for line, but basically Macbeth was an assdhole who murdered his way to the top, and did not believe the 3 witches prophcies. He murdered Duncan and had Banquo murdered. Banquo's ghost haunts Macbeth. And made the grave mistake of attacking McDuff's family and killing them(If I am reading this correctly) But Lady MacBeth has a guilty conscience and kills herself, upon finding out Macbeth basically says that life is not worth living and he should go down with a fight anyway, but refuses to fight  Macduff face to face and Macduff kills him as the hero. ( I SERIOUSLY read the entire play every line, tonight.  I even know where the famous line "double double, toil and trouble". comes from. The three witches, basically saying "look out Macbeth" your ass is in trouble. 

So basically the moral of the play, don't be a fucking asshole when trying to get to the top, or "the bigger they are the harder they fall". Reminds me of the movie Scarface and all the shitty things Tony did to get to the top and all for not. But Sosa in that case was not a good guy either.

QUOTE WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE MACBETH:"To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Here is my spin on that wonderful and profound line:

Out, Out brief candle, By Brian37

To-deities, and to-gods, and to-God

Creeps in this petty tyrant from day to day

Until the extinction of humanity new ones will be invented

And all our yesterday's Gods have been created by fools

The way to tribal death. Out out brief myth

Claims are but a walking shadow, a poor reflection

That struts our narcissism upon the stage

And then is heard no more. It is a tale

Told by the credulous, full of sound and fury

Signifying nothing.

(END)

To all reading this thread, you may spread the link to this thread BUT YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION TO POST INDIVIDUAL POEMS! Brian Sapient the owner of this website is full aware of my real name and my physical address. You will not get away with passing yourself off as me! ALL POEMS IN THIS THREAD ARE SOLE PROPERTY OF THE PERSON(ME) and may not be distributed without MY permission.

CHECK OUT MY NEW POETRY BLOG AT >>  www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence wrote:Great job

BobSpence wrote:

Great job guys. You both respond to Brian with classic examples of what's wrong with your own approaches...

Iwbiek ignores the main point Brian is trying to make, about Iwbiek's obsession about igoring capitalization, and Vastet completely ignoring what Brian is talking about in order to use it as an excuse to throw his standard'criticisms' at him.

Good job Bob. You completely missed the point that after 8 YEARS of the exact same bullshit over and over, I've had enough and am doing to Brian EXACTLY the same thing he has done to me and multiple other people.

Back to your corner. You'll be permitted out once you stop being a fucking idiot with a blindside bias regarding his friends behaviour.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
and exactly how was brian's

and exactly how was brian's "main point" about my "obsession" with not capitalizing germane to MY main point about his ends-justifies-the-means approach to flinging quotes around? he can respond to my points with a non sequitur but i can't return the favor, is that it? christ, just stop trying to make him appear the victim.

or did you read back further than the top of this page? if not, you're as bad at fact-finding as he is. in fact, you can take the finger-wagging, paternal attitude and fuck right off.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
 There you go again,

There you go again, ignoring what he is saying to just to fling your feces at him again. Thank you for confirming my ealier assessment.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
There you go again,

There you go again, defending your friend despite the fact that his activities have been borderline psychotic for years and have chased good people from the site on multiple occasions. Thanks for proving my assessment to be 100% accurate. Keep those blinders on! And go fuck yourself. Smiling

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
 It WAS germane to Brian's

It WAS germane to Brian's post which you seemed to be responding to. You could still have responded with what you regarded as the more important outstanding current issue, but to deliberately ignote his question makes YOU the dick.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence wrote: It WAS

BobSpence wrote:

It WAS germane to Brian's post which you seemed to be responding to. You could still have responded with what you regarded as the more important outstanding current issue, but to deliberately ignote his question makes YOU the dick.

NOPE. Maybe if I'd come completely out of left field without any justification you would be right, but that's not even remotely close to what happened. What actually happened is me doing exactly the same thing to Brian as he has done to me. The only dicks here are YOU and Brian.

Go fuck yourself hypocrite. Smiling

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline

> The Title of the Thread is Poetry by Brian37 (poems by an atheist)  . . .

I thought I'd submit  . . a poem-of-the-day (S E E :: Image included ) ::

p.p.s. --  As a general courtesy,  a poem, I've included (View Upload)!!

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline

BobSpence wrote:

ok, let's break down the exchange up to my supposedly objectionable comment:

brian: you people keep stupidly calling me out for my spurious quotes while ignoring the fact that the ideas behind them are sound.

me: so you're saying as long as the ideas are good, it's ok to make shit up.

brian: way to capitalize your sentences, teach. (HOW is that not a petty non sequitur, aimed at both trying to insult me and dodging the issue of his ethically questionable tactics?)

if you're going to blindly defend brian, take it some other fucking place, because now you're starting to embarrass yourself too.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:

Brian37 wrote:
ProzacDeathWish wrote:
Brian, write a poem about your fake Einstein quote and how you still won't admit that you just made it up. That would be cool, thanks ! And Bob bless you.
Fake quote? Missatribbuted you mean maybe?
"Missatribbuted" or misattributed implies that you got the quote from somewhere and someone other than Einstein said it and you erroneously credited Einstein instead of whoever actually said it. Please supply the source for the quote and the person who actually said it.
Quote:
Eiether way Einstien never bought the god of Abraham and said as much in his last known letter before his death. I never claimed to be perfect and FUCK anyone who expects me to be.
Who cares? We weren't talking about the god of Abraham or whether or not Einstein believed in it. We were discussing quantum physics.
Quote:
Here is a link to his "fake quotes" is mine one of them? I am deliberately lying.
Nope, the quote was not at that link. So you didn't even get a false quote from the Internet, which would simply be a failure to research. Instead, you apparently made the words up in your head and then claimed that Einstein said it. So either you are Einstein reincarnated, or you are a liar.
Quote:
I think this bullshit also stems from "let them eat cake" gate, wich still would not negate the reality that it is not good for wealth to say "fuck em".
Which was a case of you failing to do your research. Although, I think it does say something that the fake Einstein quote wasn't the first time that you used fake quotes. With "let them eat cake" I was willing to just chalk it up to laziness and ignorance. Maybe I was being charitable.
Quote:
Evolution will always produce a pushback when life does not have stability in resources. And also stems from Hypatia too, missing the point that no matter who said what, it still conveys the IDEA that women can be smart and don't have to put up with religious sexism. And for those here who pine after protecing religious metaphor you certainly cherry pick who you blaspheme. If I were really a dick in that sense I would demand you not point out my errors.
Yes, you do have a long history of using fake quotes. One would think that after being publicly called out on two occasions for using fake quotes that you would start researching quotes better before you use them. Instead, you have apparently decided to not bother using quotes you find, but to simply make them up yourself.
Quote:
Some here are sucking Plato's "essence" in wanting a utopia themselves. But I don't mind, every comment you make gets people to think, no mater whose side someone might be on.
Obviously my comments don't get you to think. But I continue to respond in hopes that my comments do get some in the peanut gallery to think. You are clearly an expert on Einstein.
Quote:
Being wrong about details which also happens in science, does not negate the overal message. Now the difference in my errors and say religious metaphor is that I would never demand taboos or murder people for not liking my poetry or pointing out my mistakes. The same cannot be said for religious metaphor.
How exactly is it an "error" to make up a quote? Did your fingers just accidently hit "E-i-n-s-t-e-i-n"? That is the biggest fucking typo I've ever seen!
Quote:
So once again, the road to "give a fuck" is the other way. You are barking up the worng tree. I will promise everyone reading this, if I do get a book deal laugh all you want, it will require editors and spell checkers and fact checkers. I will leave every word alone, and where there is an error at the end of that poem I will put the notation and correction to it. Untill such time, you get what you pay for.
If you get a book deal, I'm hiring that agent no matter how much it costs, he/she is the best salesperson to ever exist in the history of the world.
Quote:
That is about as much bending over for anyone I am going to do. If you want me to kill myself that is your petty utopia and FUCK YOU.
Kill yourself? You are a narcissist with delusions of grandeur, that isn't going to happen (nor am I aware of anyone on this site who has suggested you should). It would be nice if you tried out honesty and actually addressing the points made against you instead of attacking the straw man army you have created.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline

BobSpence wrote:

Do you seriously want me to create a list of direct questions posed to Brian that were directly relevant to the subject at hand that Brian decided to completely ignore? It would be one of the longest posts I've ever written and I know you haven't been around much, but I've written some pretty long posts. The easiest way to get Brian to run from a thread is to ask a serious direct question. 

Brian has managed over the last couple years to alienate pretty much everyone on this site. Including those who idealogically are on his side. This didn't happen because everyone just randomly decided to start hating on him. It happens because he is a complete asshole to everyone he talks to, he repeatedly argues against straw men even after the person he is talking to clarifies their position in great detail, he refuses to ever directly answer a question, he consistently argues from authority- often taking those authorities out of context or flat out fabricating them- and he slings out insults like they are going out of style.

I used to think that he was just uneducated, I even offered in all seriousness to pay for him to have an online college level reading comprehension course. I have come to the conclusion that it isn't an inability to comprehend what people are saying, but he deliberately chooses to ignore it. Others apparently think that he is mentally ill, which I wouldn't say is out of the question. Either way, if you are his friend, it would probably be better to encourage him to get the help he needs rather than grace us with your rare presence to defend his arrogant ass. Me, Vastet, Prozac and iwbiek are vocal assholes, but Brian has managed to alienate the quieter and less confrontational people here as well. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
you're wasting just as much

you're wasting just as much time rationally explaining these things to bob as you are to brian. you and i both have written in great detail to bob as to why his friend has achieved damn near pariah status here, but in bob's eyes we're at fault. either we don't respond to brian "properly" so we're only provoking him, or we fail to see his fantastic overall point which makes his shitty grasp of details irrelevant, or we're just plain being harsh and nasty and we need to cut the poor guy some slack. either way, bob is as convinced of brian's victimization as brian himself.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:you're wasting

iwbiek wrote:
you're wasting just as much time rationally explaining these things to bob as you are to brian. you and i both have written in great detail to bob as to why his friend has achieved damn near pariah status here, but in bob's eyes we're at fault. either we don't respond to brian "properly" so we're only provoking him, or we fail to see his fantastic overall point which makes his shitty grasp of details irrelevant, or we're just plain being harsh and nasty and we need to cut the poor guy some slack. either way, bob is as convinced of brian's victimization as brian himself.

Well, everybody has their grigri, and mine is irrationally treating people seriously long after they stop deserving it. I thought Bob was a scientist though, odd that a scientist would consider details unimportant. I read discussions between scientists and they can get pretty excited over minutiae that seems irrelevant to a layman like me. Man I miss the days of DG, todangst and Hamby when this site had good intellectual discussions. 

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
well, I don't share much of

well, I don't share much of the modern world's fetishization of the scientist. just because a person is a scientist does not make him unusually competent outside his field. I heard plenty of science professors in college say incredibly ignorant things in the areas of sociology, psychology, philosophy, and religious studies. that's why Dawkins' credentials as a biologist don't lend him any credibility in the area of religion as far as I'm concerned.

this fetishization has extended to the point that "scientific" has damn near become a synonym of "true." that's why when you tell american christians their religion is "unscientific" they get all up in arms--because they've bought into the fetish too. my response is always "of course it isn't bloody 'scientific,' why should it be?"

--Hunter S. Thompson

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:well, I don't

iwbiek wrote:

well, I don't share much of the modern world's fetishization of the scientist. just because a person is a scientist does not make him unusually competent outside his field. I heard plenty of science professors in college say incredibly ignorant things in the areas of sociology, psychology, philosophy, and religious studies. that's why Dawkins' credentials as a biologist don't lend him any credibility in the area of religion as far as I'm concerned.

this fetishization has extended to the point that "scientific" has damn near become a synonym of "true." that's why when you tell american christians their religion is "unscientific" they get all up in arms--because they've bought into the fetish too. my response is always "of course it isn't bloody 'scientific,' why should it be?"

Said the moron who uses the product of science to type this bullshit response. Which is it? Don't hand me this crap. This has always been highschool bullshit on your part because YOU got pissed at me and told ME to talk to BOB who suddenly became your enemy when he did not side with you.

So now you hate science? No you don't. You hate it just like Christians and Muslims when it does not prop up your likes. 

The only "fetish" going on is you and your getting your diapers in a bunch because someone dissagreed with you.

If Hawking said right now "Fuck everyone Iwbeik is God" you would suck his dick.

But he did not say that, he did say "A god is not required". Now how stupid of you to paint me as wanting to be a god, because that is what you constantly FALSLY accuse me of. Do you really want me to be a god? I as sure as hell don't want someone as stupid as you to be a god.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Said the moron

Brian37 wrote:
Said the moron who uses the product of science to type this bullshit response.

Said the liar who doesn't know much of anything.

Brian37 wrote:
This has always been highschool bullshit on your part because YOU got pissed at me and told ME to talk to BOB who suddenly became your enemy when he did not side with you.

Clearly Brian doesn't get the fact that Bob is as dumb as he is, and it was Bob's hypocrisy that turned everyone against him just like it was lies that turned everyone against Brian.

Brian37 wrote:
.So now you hate science? No you don't. You hate it just like Christians and Muslims when it does not prop up your likes. 

More lies and straw men.

Brian37 wrote:
The only "fetish" going on is you and your getting your diapers in a bunch because someone dissagreed with you.

Brian doesn't understand that simple disagreement has nothing to do with anything.

Brian37 wrote:
If Hawking said right now "Fuck everyone Iwbeik is God" you would suck his dick.

Only in Brian's little mind could this EVER happen.

Brian37 wrote:
But he did not say that, he did say "A god is not required". Now how stupid of you to paint me as wanting to be a god, because that is what you constantly FALSLY accuse me of. Do you really want me to be a god? I as sure as hell don't want someone as stupid as you to be a god.

Brian can't keep his opponents straight, as it was I who asserted he wants his own little cult, not iwbiek.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Lol!! . . I knew you before the west was won

>> Ahem!  Again, this is Poetry corner is it not . . ?!? Hijacking

People imagine a vain thing?

Remember . . like

The 0P once wrote ::

'' A pixy dust cervix

Never to be touched

Scamming old motifs

Credulity is your lust

But what of your symbol

I see on backs of cars

Feeding multitudes

Ignoring history prior

Even from the start

Lilith had no chance

For another woman

With serpent she did dance''

People imagine a vain thing?

(Upload by the one and only ''Dana'') --

View Uploaded  Image(s) or the two specific Uploads ::

Hijacking

P.S. --   I knew you before the west was won  ((I knew you before the west was won))

0 F F - S i t e --

Submission Submission

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Fake And The Furious,

The Fake And The Furious,  (AKA Brian James Rational Poet on FB and @Brianrrs37 on Twitter)

Hagee and Robertson

Rush and Coulter

Even DeePak

Full of bluster

Hinn on a stage

No real doctor

Fleecing the gullible

Furious with anger

Warren's Purpose

Countered by Dan

The fake ringmasters

Exposed by skeptics

The clowns get angry

When they are challenged

They don't like it

When you expose them

Their muscle cars

Impractical

Fueld by magic

Drifting off cliffs

Fast and furious 

A race to doomsday

They'd rather commit sucide

If they don't get their way

Their diesil driven

Fantasy book

Has  a vin number

With a death wish

Their rumbels and roars

And pealing tires

They crash and burn

Over selfish desires

They're on the run

Futile speed

A highway to nowhere

They know we see

The expansion of

The universe

Is the real

Fast and furious 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh look, a poem about

Oh look, a poem about Brian!

Shame he doesn't appreciate that.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Oh look, a poem

Vastet wrote:
Oh look, a poem about Brian! Shame he doesn't appreciate that.

You are such a fucking dipshit. If I were like crybabies like you and had the power I would silence you. You would silence me if law would allow it. All I do is piss you off.

How many times can I say "SAY WHATEVER YOU WANT ABOUT ME"

I cant dumb that down any further for you.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Vastet

Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:

You are such a fucking dipshit. If I were like crybabies like you and had the power I would silence you. You would silence me if law would allow it. All I do is piss you off.

Nothing you say could possibly be dumbed down by anyone, it is already rock bottom. Vastet DOES have the power to silence you and it wouldn't break any law, he hasn't, so obviously your claim is false. However, like any good theist, that won't stop you from repeating it ad nauseum.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Nothing you say could possibly be dumbed down by anyone, it is already rock bottom. Vastet DOES have the power to silence you and it wouldn't break any law, he hasn't, so obviously your claim is false. However, like any good theist, that won't stop you from repeating it ad nauseum.

Damn my ethics!

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
i would also like to chime

i would also like to chime in here and say that i have, once or twice, asked that certain contributors be banned, once even to sapient himself (it might have been jean chauvin for using someone's recently deceased relative to try to get to them emotionally or something like that). each time i was refused and i agree with those decisions.

however, never once have i asked for a single word of brian's to be expunged from the site or even sent to trollville. i have asked a couple of times that his posts be moved from certain threads, like my shatner thread for example, but never deleted. to my knowledge, no one here has ever tried to silence brian.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Beyond Saving

Vastet wrote:
Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Damn my ethics!

For someone who stupidly acts like I am the one demanding death camps of believers for not being perfect you sure as fuck act like I deserve to be put in one. How about you have some real ethics and accept the imperfect world we live in yourself. 

Now for the obsessed on the petty like you here. 

1. You are NOT bound by law to like me.

2. You are NOT bound by law to agree with me.

3. You are NOT bound by law to only say nice things about me.

4. Say whatever the fuck you want about me.

Now, how is it other than not liking me, that you are simply bitching?  I doubt you could get my family and my friends to agree with you that I am someone deserving of what I am sure is in your petty brain if you could do to me what you had demonstrated constantly by your childish reaction to me. I only think you are full of shit, depending. I do not think you are evil, just full of shit. You think I am full of shit. In the real world, even outside this page that is going to happen.

Stop acting like a petty brat and just say you don't like me personally. Outside that I am not going to apologize for being imperfect. GROW THE FUCK UP.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Backslide, By Brian37 (AKA

Backslide, By Brian37 (AKA Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter)

Nowhere in

Our Constitution

Will you find

Regious favortism

You will not find

The words Christian

Nor Jesus

Or the word Bible

Yet today

The right wing

Is desparate 

In creating a theocracy

Sam' Letter

Is a reminder

Of the importance

Of secular law

The right rightfully points 

To Islamic theocrcies

But seeks to replicate it here

In the United States

Thats what you want?

Goverment's run on religion

We had the Christian version before

It was called the Dark Ages

Which version then?

Baptist, Catholic, Protestant 

Still stuck with

Liberals vs Conservitive 

Maybe that is because

The founders saw the dangers

The divisions we see today

In the theocracies of the East.

Maybe religious freedom

Is best defended

Without social pecking orders

Because of "no religious test".

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
brian, we ARE all saying we

brian, we ARE all saying we don't like you and we ARE all saying whatever we want about you.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:For someone

Brian37 wrote:
For someone who stupidly acts like I am the one demanding death camps of believers

Brian has forgotten that he called for the elimination of all theists, but I haven't forgotten. And I'll keep shoving it in Brians face.

Brian37 wrote:
you sure as fuck act like I deserve to be put in one.

Brian is the only one calling for death camps. I already said he should be in a rubber room, not executed.

Brian37 wrote:
How about you have some real ethics and accept the imperfect world we live in yourself. 

Brian should take his own advice.

Grow the fuck up Brian. Quit lying Brian. Quit being a hypocrite Brian.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Brian37

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
For someone who stupidly acts like I am the one demanding death camps of believers
Brian has forgotten that he called for the elimination of all theists, but I haven't forgotten. And I'll keep shoving it in Brians face.
Brian37 wrote:
Brian is the only one calling for death camps. I already said he should be in a rubber room, not executed.
Brian37 wrote:
How about you have some real ethics and accept the imperfect world we live in yourself. 
Brian should take his own advice. Grow the fuck up Brian. Quit lying Brian. Quit being a hypocrite Brian.

Lets polygraph everyone here who childishly thinks I am the most important human to attack and see if you guys are perfect youreslves. Dont pretend your lives are flawless and dare try to say you never make mistakes. You all shit and pee and fart and are no more special or perfect than any other humans. You need to grow up. I find it laughable that you'd spin your wheels atacking someone completly harmless merely over what amounts to personalities. You know damned fucking well I am not your enemy, you simply cannot stand someone not agreeing with you. Too bad. I am not losing one bit of sleep over your childish crap. I am not going to commit suicide because you bitch me out or don't like me. On a planet of 7 billion sometimes humans will not like each other.

This is gradeschool bullshit on your part. If you want to continue acting like brats be my guest. That is the fucking point you keep missing in all this. My blasphemy and even my cussing is to get more humans to where we are at here. You guys are the idiots focused on me rather than those who would get physical and would get violent and would create oppressive laws and would hide behind religion. 

I am not going to waste my time worrying one fuck about what you think of me.  I've left my errors up, have not removed them, and even when I do admit my mistakes you like fucking theists have the same selection bias. Keep it up if you wish, show everyone what is truely important to you, because it sure as hell doesn't look like you give one shit about the truely oppressed humans on this planet.

Now unless you are going to have laws passed to silence me, which I don't think you would, then really all you are saying is you don't like me. Too bad. On a planet of  7 billion, that is to be expected.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Sickle Sell Reaper, By

Sickle Sell Reaper, By Brian37 (AKA Brian James Rational Poet on FB and @Brianrrs37 on Twitter)

Blood oath books

Champions for Christ

Kill the Infidels

Yahweh's land is mine

Bronze age myths

Deserve no respite

As long as the three

Murder each other

After lives sold

Makes humans bold

Now with nukes

Can kill us all

Some in the west

Think it is best

To set up taboos

To keep the peace

As long as the three

Sell the idea

Of a chosen people

It must be questioned

Do not expect those

Who understand

The divisive nature

Of religion

To watch the constant

Murder and death

Over the unproven

God's they claim

I will say something

I will blaspheme

I will offend

As is needed

These fans of Abraham

Have no right

To hold hostage

Our entire species

There holy books

Are in conflict

With each other

Causing this death

Reaper madness

High on their gods

No one concerned

With peace at all

Don't complain

About critisism 

When you cant

Get along

Sickle sell

The robes all dark

They keep killing

Fooling themselves

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Vastet

Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
Brian should take his own advice. Grow the fuck up Brian. Quit lying Brian. Quit being a hypocrite Brian.

Lets polygraph everyone here who childishly thinks I am the most important human to attack and see if you guys are perfect youreslves. Dont pretend your lives are flawless and dare try to say you never make mistakes. You all shit and pee and fart and are no more special or perfect than any other humans. You need to grow up. I find it laughable that you'd spin your wheels atacking someone completly harmless merely over what amounts to personalities. You know damned fucking well I am not your enemy, you simply cannot stand someone not agreeing with you. Too bad. I am not losing one bit of sleep over your childish crap. I am not going to commit suicide because you bitch me out or don't like me. On a planet of 7 billion sometimes humans will not like each other.

This is gradeschool bullshit on your part. If you want to continue acting like brats be my guest. That is the fucking point you keep missing in all this. My blasphemy and even my cussing is to get more humans to where we are at here. You guys are the idiots focused on me rather than those who would get physical and would get violent and would create oppressive laws and would hide behind religion. 

I am not going to waste my time worrying one fuck about what you think of me.  I've left my errors up, have not removed them, and even when I do admit my mistakes you like fucking theists have the same selection bias. Keep it up if you wish, show everyone what is truely important to you, because it sure as hell doesn't look like you give one shit about the truely oppressed humans on this planet.

Now unless you are going to have laws passed to silence me, which I don't think you would, then really all you are saying is you don't like me. Too bad. On a planet of  7 billion, that is to be expected.

of course we all make mistakes. the question is, who's honest enough to admit it? anytime, to my knowledge, i've spoken too soon, researched too sloppily, or said something inaccurate on this site, i've admitted it, cleanly and immediately, regardless of who was on the other end. that's the only way to do it, imo. i recently apologized to EXC, someone i can't stand, for saying he'd never read any marx when he demonstrated i was wrong. i believe it was six months ago or less i apologized to you for lambasting you for a post i had misunderstood because i hadn't read it carefully enough, and you're another person i can't stand.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Brian37

iwbiek wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

of course we all make mistakes. the question is, who's honest enough to admit it? anytime, to my knowledge, i've spoken too soon, researched too sloppily, or said something inaccurate on this site, i've admitted it, cleanly and immediately, regardless of who was on the other end. that's the only way to do it, imo. i recently apologized to EXC, someone i can't stand, for saying he'd never read any marx when he demonstrated i was wrong. i believe it was six months ago or less i apologized to you for lambasting you for a post i had misunderstood because i hadn't read it carefully enough, and you're another person i can't stand.

Nope, you guys do this merely because you personally do not like me. As I said asshole, even when I do admit it, and even when I don't delete my mistakes, so you can't fasley accuse me of trying to hide anything, you still attack me. I don't give a fuck becuase all started over use of the word "poison" and when I didn't kiss your ass and you refused to even listen to Bob whom you stupidly thought you knew better than me, you threw a fit. Do your worst, say whatever you want about me, I don't give a fuck. You are merely a whiney little snot who stupidly thought they could play teacher and threw a fucking fit when someone didn't blindly kiss your ass.

Do this forever if you wish, I don't give a fuck.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Lets polygraph

Brian37 wrote:
Lets polygraph everyone here who childishly thinks I am the most important human to attack and see if you guys are perfect youreslves.

Yet more ignorance.

#1: polygraphs are bullshit.
#2: The whole purpose of the site is to attack ALL irrational bullshit. That includes Brians irrational bullshit.

The rest of Brian's post is just more lies, demonstration of immaturity and hypocrisy, and absolute stupidity.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
i don't "play" teacher, i

i don't "play" teacher, i get paid for it. you know, a job?

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:i don't "play"

iwbiek wrote:

He has no fucking clue.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Somwhere Over The Rainbow,

Somwhere Over The Rainbow(an ode), By Brian37 (AKA Brian James Rational Poet on FB and @Brianrrs37 on Twitter)

Persicution 

Christians claim

The gay community

Is out to get them

I don't think they know

What that word means

They are not being arrested

Or murdered by mobs

Beheadings in Iraq

Mass shootings in Kenya

Those Christians are

The real victims

In Iran

Gays get hung

In Saudi Arabia

Blasphemy is banned

It isn't persecution

To say to a business

They can sit at the lunch counter

Like everyone else

And do not lie

And say to me

Your homophobia

Isn't bible based

You qoute Leviticus 

But ignore the rest

Where "abomination"

Describes eating shelfish

Get over yourselves

You are simply mad

That times are changing

And rights are expanding

The same arguments 

Made about women

Their right to vote

Christians resisted

The  bible was quoted

To ban mixed marriages

To keep blacks from 

Using the same bathrooms

Gays and lesbians 

Transgender as well

Are not out to get you

Because they exist

(end)

Of course the line is borrowed from the signature song of the movie "The Wizzard of Oz". I also like the underlying theme in the movie of skepticism where the scary voice behind the curtian turned out merely to be a man. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:i don't "play"

iwbiek wrote:

I don't give one fuck if you get paid for it. Sagan is what you ignore. Plato's Apology is what you ignore. MacBeth Act 5 Scene 5 is what you ignore. Our finite existence is what you ignore. 

My mother is a retired teacher . I doubt she'd ever agree with you as to how useless you think I am.  You are simply a childish brat. I owe you no loyalty because of your title. I offended you and you threw a fit. 

If you are going to demonize me, do that. But there are more poor people and unemployed people than me and by virtue of your bullshit comment implying titles equalling morality you might as well be sucking the dick of the Koch brothers.

You don't like me personally, just leave it at that. But do not for one second think I owe you shit because of that title.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:iwbiek

Beyond Saving wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

He has no fucking clue.

Yes I do. We are the same species and we all end up dead at some point. Rich and poor, friend and foe alike. The only thing you prove by getting pissy with me because I offend you is that your priorties are fucked up. In North Korea no one has a right to own a bisiness. In Somolia the warlords own everything and life sucks for everyone else. In Iraq Christians and minoritiy Muslims and gays and atheists have no rights and are murdered for their mere existence. You guys merely don't like me personally. 

I do get it. You are the one who doesn't get it. You are a crybaby.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Oh and please take the

Oh and please take the bait on Plato, pretty please. Please stupidly accuse me of not understanding the plot. Please confuse the plot with the overal motif of "it is good to question power". No, I did not agree with the conclusions the Apology came to. Just the overall theme of someone questioning social norms and authority. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:iwbiek wrote:i

Brian37 wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

I don't give one fuck if you get paid for it. Sagan is what you ignore. Plato's Apology is what you ignore. MacBeth Act 5 Scene 5 is what you ignore. Our finite existence is what you ignore. 

My mother is a retired teacher . I doubt she'd ever agree with you as to how useless you think I am.  You are simply a childish brat. I owe you no loyalty because of your title. I offended you and you threw a fit. 

If you are going to demonize me, do that. But there are more poor people and unemployed people than me and by virtue of your bullshit comment implying titles equalling morality you might as well be sucking the dick of the Koch brothers.

You don't like me personally, just leave it at that. But do not for one second think I owe you shit because of that title.

Here we see Brian accusing other prople of things that only Brian is guilty of. In other words, he's still lying.

Quit lying Brian. Quit being a hypocrite Brian. You're a theist Brian.

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

He has no fucking clue.

Yes I do. We are the same species and we all end up dead at some point. Rich and poor, friend and foe alike. The only thing you prove by getting pissy with me because I offend you is that your priorties are fucked up. In North Korea no one has a right to own a bisiness. In Somolia the warlords own everything and life sucks for everyone else. In Iraq Christians and minoritiy Muslims and gays and atheists have no rights and are murdered for their mere existence. You guys merely don't like me personally. 

Brian will never get it, he doesn't have the brains or the maturity. He'll just keep lying over and over again. Brian is the most useless person to ever post here.

Quit lying Brian. Quit being a hypocrite Brian. You're a theist Brian.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
maybe one day i will have

maybe one day i will have time to discuss plato with every moron who comes along. maybe one day...

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Beyond Saving

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

He has no fucking clue.

Yes I do. We are the same species and we all end up dead at some point. Rich and poor, friend and foe alike.

You say that as if it is relevant. 

Brian37 wrote:

The only thing you prove by getting pissy with me because I offend you is that your priorties are fucked up.

I've proved quite a bit responding to you. I have repeatedly decimated your pathetic attempts at arguments, I have repeatedly reveiled the falsehoods you peddle and I have repeatedly responded to your naked assertions with facts. 

Brian37 wrote:

In North Korea no one has a right to own a bisiness.

And again you demonstrate ignorance. There are many privately owned businesses in North Korea. While technically illegal, most are knowingly allowed to operate by the government. The strategy implemented by the regime is to make sure that the laws are written in such a way that everyone is a criminal and therefore, if they become a potential threat, they can be hauled off "legally".

An absolutely fascinating book that spends significant time on North Korea's underground economy is

www.amazon.com/Witness-Transformation-Refugee-Insights-North/dp/0881324388 

Brian37 wrote:

In Somolia the warlords own everything and life sucks for everyone else.

Proving that you don't know shit about Somalia. You have no clue what their government was like in the 80's, you have no clue what the economy was like, you have no clue what the average person's life was like. You are completely fucking ignorant that the warlords were out of power by the late 90's (with no thanks to the international community) and that Somalia was essentially a complete anarchy and relatively peaceful country until 2006 when the international community decided to get involved again, backing the TFG. During the anarchy time, violent death rates were lower than they were when the government was functional. By 2004, when the country was completely in anarchy, murder rates were estimated at 3.3 per 100,000- lower than the US.

Since the collapse of the Somali government in 1991, the vast majority of violence can be directly attributed to international (American) attempts to set up a central government. During the absense of government, the Somali's even managed to set up a legal system using Xeer as a basis. It is an absolutely fascinating legal system which operates without laws. Instead of laws, judges (respected elders) are assigned with coming up with a fair solution to disputes. IOW, they use common fucking sense to assign blame. The system is compensatory as opposed to punitive. This means that the offender is required to compensate the victim, not thrown in jail. If the offender can't pay, their family is expected to pay. It is a very interesting system and one which I think we could learn a little and perhaps try to integrate some of its ideas into our more legalistic structured system.  

www.peterleeson.com/Better_Off_Stateless.pdf (an interesting article about Somali statelessness published in the Journal of Comparative Economics)

Brian37 wrote:

In Iraq Christians and minoritiy Muslims and gays and atheists have no rights and are murdered for their mere existence.

Really? How familiar are you with Iraqi law?

Brian37 wrote:

You guys merely don't like me personally. 

Even if we did like you, you would still be ignorant, wrong, hypocritical and your Einstein quote would still be fabricated. Exactly who was the person who said it before you "misattributed" it to Einstein? I forgot who you said... oh wait, because you haven't yet. 

Brian37 wrote:

Lol, sure, I'm the crybaby. You are still ignorant, wrong, hypocritical and quote fabricator. It is bad enough to have your clock completely cleaned in every argument, but to have it cleaned by a crybaby? That must be completely emasculating.  

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Lmao. Brian37: 14447 posts

Lmao. Brian37: 14447 posts and counting with absolutely no meaningful content at all.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 National Rethoric

National Rhetoric  Association, By Brian37 (AKA Brian James Rational Poet on FB and @Brianrrs37 on Twitter)

If they cared 

About your rights

Why are they afraid

Of you armed at gun shows?

The black duck

Is playing you

The rooster and beagle

Selling fear to both

Tea party nuts

Shoot cops eating lunch

Then they complain

The cops are armed to much

A man with no badge

Muders a teen

Walking home

With skittles and tea

A young girl

Scarred  for life

Shot an instructor

Uzi's are toys

MLB player

Looses a finger

But what does it matter

He was "responsible"

Legal vs illegal

Is not the issue

It's not about rights

But protecting profits

Theaters , highschools

Military bases

Suicide and accident

Street gangs too

Then we send 

Police on the beat

To face these weapons

Which trains them to fear

The NRA 

Is not what it was

When it started

It was non profit

But now it is

Like any lobby

Out to protect

The death industry

The NRA

Does the same thing

Protects big business

No matter who gets hurt

And once again

Shot in the back

While unarmed

Being black in public.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Lmao. Brian37:

Vastet wrote:
Lmao. Brian37: 14447 posts and counting with absolutely no meaningful content at all.

Nope, you not liking my message does not mean it has no meaning.

You problem is just like most humans, create needleslly complecated ideas and motifs when human behavior is the same range in our evolution it has always been. Life is about one thing no matter who or where or what excuse we make, it is about resources. Our labels are the justifications but the reality is we are still ultimately the same species. 

You'd stupidly think that means because I don't paint reality as idealistic or sexy like religious or economic or political dogmatism, somehow I advocate humans merely be robots?

It never occurs to most humans including your bullshit, that we are NOT a separate species, and the sooner we accept that the better we can manage our differences with minimal conflict. 

DNA is why we evolved. Grouping is a human behavior. Seeking patterns is what we do. We all evolved to seek safety in numbers and seek like minded people. We are all capable of feeling pain. We are all capable of feeling compassion. We are all capable of being cruel. 

I side more with western society though nothing is perfect, because IT DOES reflect our species diversity and is much more compassionate than fascist states like North Korea or Saudi Arabia when it comes to the treatement of outsiders and minorities. 

If you have not read it the opening of "The Greatest Show On Earth" Dawkins places blame on Plato's idea of "essence" which bled into everything humans do. It set the stage for dogmatism, the chase for utopias, that "perfect idea". In the Apology Socrates ultimately was murdered by the state by upsetting social norms and questioning authority. 

Now you stupidly think I am out to get anyone or chase a utopia myself? Force is not my goal, just bluntness verbally, no different than telling the church the earth is not flat. Religion is not going to go away, but it is a horrible tool that sets up in group vs out group, and only acts as a placebo. It is a result of our species gap filling and flawed perceptions. If we can ditch the dark ages, if we can ditch Apollo, if we can ditch religious based oppression of blacks and women and gays, if we can live without believing in Horus and Isis, then we can learn to scrap old claims and move forward. 

All I am seeing from you is merely bratty responses because I didn't kiss your ass. I am not your enemy, I also do not think you are evil, just full of shit. You have no clue why Dawkins rightfully calls god claims a delusion. You don't want to accept the dark side of what religion does while rightfully attacking it at the same time. 

I am not going to apologize for being imperfect. Challenge to social norms is why we do not look like the middle east. Challenge to social norms is why we have our modern pluralism and secular law. Which is also why I don't give a fuck if you like me or speak ill of me. On a planet of 7 billion, and I'll repeat again, is to be expected.

Do your worst, speak ill of me as much as you want. But do not presume I owe you or anyone loyalty anymore than you owe me loyalty. Our species should value only one loyalty, common law, secular law, and non violence even when we offend each other. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Poor Brian doesn't realise

Poor Brian doesn't realise that just because he thinks he's said something of meaning doesn't make it so.

14449 posts and counting and absolutely no meaning to be found.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Poor Brian

Vastet wrote:
Poor Brian doesn't realise that just because he thinks he's said something of meaning doesn't make it so. 14449 posts and counting and absolutely no meaning to be found.

I'm devistated, you got me. What would I do without you. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
^ If only Brian WAS

^ If only Brian WAS devastated, he might stop being a useless shit who actually hurts the cause he pretends to support. Alas...

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No Subject)

(No Subject)

Misc. Picture, couldnt resist  this Upload . . . ThankYou ThankYou :~

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Great Taste vs. Less filling (Bri-Bri quote) . .

Re :: Great Taste vs. Less filling (Bri-Bri quote) . .

>  Remember  mother always taught us  . . to always do our best :~

Other / Omni / Original Off/0FF- Site :: Other / Omni / Original Off/0FF- Site ::

Remember :: Do please recall, that sausage making  can get a little messy . . so ignoring your criticism, finally :~

> https://vimeo.com/15497450 {https://vimeo.com/15497450}

La di da la dee da dee da    ( la di da, la dee da dee da ) 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 The Towers That Be, By

The Towers That Be, By Brian37 (AKA Brian James Rational Poet on FB and @Brianrrs37 on Twitter)

A few years ago

On a road trip

With my mother

I divulged to her

My fear of heights 

Telling her the story

Of when in private school

The joke pulled on me

I was on a field trip

To the mountains

Aside a cliff

My classmates thought it would be fun

To push me to the edge

As close as they could

Looking at the treetops

Down below

That bullying scared me

Ever since

But became a running joke

With my mother today

I told her about

My radio days

At a mom and pop old folks station

At 7 per hour

My boss had a problem

With the AM towers

Asked me if I'd be willing

To climb to the top

To change the bulb

Required by law

So that airplanes 

Could avoid them

I looked at him

And litterally laughed

"You don't pay me enough

Not that I would"

So now my mom

Who is more relaxed

We share inside jokes

Unlike when I was a kid

On I 40

In the state of NC

On the road to Durham 

Many cell towers we'd see

Upon seeing them

She would say

"I'll pay you to change

The bulbs on the top"

Dozens and dozens 

We would spot

Exchanging the joke

About my fear of heights

"I'd rather go

To Catholic church

Than to change those bulbs

At the top"

My mom is the best

We've grown to share

A better understanding

Of each other

It's those mouments

Being silly

To smile and laugh

With your family

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Breaking The Law(ode to

Breaking The Law(ode to Judas Priest song) By Brian37 (AKA Brian James Rational Poet on FB and @Brianrrs37 on Twitter)

Evolution defended

Science needs it

Petulent deniers

Need a lesson

Chris had a Kluwe

Arian the running back

The diamond reporter

Telling the truth

The priest sings

Judas cries

You cant break the law

You can only deny

There is no dispute

Just like gravity

Keith's tripple play

Put creationists in their place

After that home run

After that touchdown

Don't point to the sky

Don't thank a god

It is your team

It is your talent

Winning the Series

Or Superbowl

Rounding the bases

Scoring a touchdown

We don't need Tim

Kneeling in the endzone

How sad to assert

An all loving god

Would care about a game

While famine kills kids

Kathy on stage

Holding the award

Offended religion

And rightfully so

You cant break the Law

For he is right

The action is in you

Not in the sky

You don't drift

From town to town

On the wings of prayer

We know the truth now

Your step onto the tarmac 

When welcomed home

To your victory parade

Started at Kitty Hawk in 1903

You can't break the Law

Put your lucky bat away

The Umpire called it right

You were out at first base

(end)

This poem was inspired by seeing this story today.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/11/28/reporter-suspended-defending-evolution-comes-back-gives-immediate-middle-finger-to-espn/