Shopp'd photo shows reflection...

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3066
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Shopp'd photo shows reflection...

Fucking douche bag religious leader has $30,000 watch removed from photo but the idiot forgot to remove it from the reflection of the table...

 

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/06/world/europe/in-russia-a-watch-vanishes-up-orthodox-leaders-sleeve.html

 

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3633
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
              

                  

 

                                                  That's hilarious ( in a bad way ) !

I'm a right wing atheist because I enjoy being hated by everyone.

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." Mark Twain.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3066
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

                  

 

                                                  That's hilarious ( in a bad way ) !

$30,000 for a watch? wtf? later in the article they said there is a watch worth $1 million.... ? I can't imagine what it is like to have that much fucking money. Even if I won $150 million in the lotto I wouldn't buy any thing so gaudy.

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 4493
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

                  

 

                                                  That's hilarious ( in a bad way ) !

$30,000 for a watch? wtf? later in the article they said there is a watch worth $1 million.... ? I can't imagine what it is like to have that much fucking money. Even if I won $150 million in the lotto I wouldn't buy any thing so gaudy.

 

$30,000 for a watch is actually fairly common. When watches start including diamonds and gold it isn't unheard of for them to be worth hundreds of thousands. I've heard of a few that sell for $2-$3 million. It isn't that much different than women's jewelry that sells for similar sums. If you have the money and it looks nice, why not? 

I just usually go with my own taste. If I like something, and it happens to be against the law, well, then I might have a problem.- Hunter S. Thompson


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3633
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

 

$30,000 for a watch is actually fairly common. When watches start including diamonds and gold it isn't unheard of for them to be worth hundreds of thousands. I've heard of a few that sell for $2-$3 million. It isn't that much different than women's jewelry that sells for similar sums. If you have the money and it looks nice, why not? 

                                           

  The significance wasn't the cost of a watch, it was the obvious contradiction between the image of a religious leader and the alleged emphasis upon believers

not getting caught up with the vain pursuit of Earthly treasure.   If that wasn't true then why would they bother photo shopping it out to begin with ?

 

 I would spend "my" millions on a Bugatti Veyron and a slew of of bad ass Ducatis.  Fuck a stupid watch.

I'm a right wing atheist because I enjoy being hated by everyone.

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." Mark Twain.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 3066
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

                  

 

                                                  That's hilarious ( in a bad way ) !

$30,000 for a watch? wtf? later in the article they said there is a watch worth $1 million.... ? I can't imagine what it is like to have that much fucking money. Even if I won $150 million in the lotto I wouldn't buy any thing so gaudy.

 

$30,000 for a watch is actually fairly common. When watches start including diamonds and gold it isn't unheard of for them to be worth hundreds of thousands. I've heard of a few that sell for $2-$3 million. It isn't that much different than women's jewelry that sells for similar sums. If you have the money and it looks nice, why not? 

Because I can find more practical ways to spend my money.

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:Beyond

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

 

$30,000 for a watch is actually fairly common. When watches start including diamonds and gold it isn't unheard of for them to be worth hundreds of thousands. I've heard of a few that sell for $2-$3 million. It isn't that much different than women's jewelry that sells for similar sums. If you have the money and it looks nice, why not? 

                                           

  The significance wasn't the cost of a watch, it was the obvious contradiction between the image of a religious leader and the alleged emphasis upon believers

not getting caught up with the vain pursuit of Earthly treasure.   If that wasn't true then why would they bother photo shopping it out to begin with ?

This. The problem isn't his taste in watches or the money he has... it's the overt attempt to avoid appearing materialistic.

 

Quote:
I would spend "my" millions on a Bugatti Veyron and a slew of of bad ass Ducatis.  Fuck a stupid watch.

Instant rice arrest, numbnuts.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3633
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:] Instant rice

Kapkao wrote:
]

 


Instant rice arrest, numbnuts.

                                          What the hell is "rice arrest" ?

I'm a right wing atheist because I enjoy being hated by everyone.

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." Mark Twain.


Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
Posts: 2455
Joined: 2008-02-17
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:   

ProzacDeathWish wrote:
                                         

  The significance wasn't the cost of a watch, it was the obvious contradiction between the image of a religious leader and the alleged emphasis upon believers

not getting caught up with the vain pursuit of Earthly treasure.   If that wasn't true then why would they bother photo shopping it out to begin with ?

Bingo, the internets! Let's teach the medieval batman that this is the 21st century and the world is looking.

Look what the watch says about that man's personal character. Let me guess. He's materialistic, greedy, corrupt or corruptible (the watch was likely a gift or a bribe), boastfully displays his wealth and seems not to care about poorer people, neither about their poverty, nor about their opinion. Unless the media look into the matter.

I don't know who of his staff retained a shred of Public Relations skills to think of dogtoring the photograph, or did he order it? I doubt so, he wore the watch at least since his 2009 lecture on the virtues of ascetism.

You guys might want to check out the movie Angels and Demons, I think it contains scenes like a cardinal coming out of a private jet plane smoking a cigarette and talking into a cell phone. Or maybe that's a different movie with Anthony Hopkins, I don't remember exactly.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:Kapkao

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Kapkao wrote:
]

 

 

Instant rice arrest, numbnuts.

                                          What the hell is "rice arrest" ?

 

it's where you get a unfavorable mention at http://ricecop.com/ 

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10610
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Again I am impressed at the

Again I am impressed at the incredible amounts of stupidity and laziness that humanity can produce.
Of course the options of rolling the sleeve down or taking the watch off were never considered.
No! We must instead hire a graphic artist.
Yes.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.