American Teen Exorcists Empirically Prove The Existence Of Very Small Brains

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
American Teen Exorcists Empirically Prove The Existence Of Very Small Brains

Everything Pentecostal churches do is an exercise in money-making so it probably should come as no surprise to read this story.

Hot American teenagers casting out demons. It would make jesus weep...or giggle...

http://www.thepunch.com.au/articles/an-exorcise-in-making-the-supernatural-sexy/

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've started gathering

I've started gathering stories and links like this for a new thread on the utterly stupid shit that christians do and come up with to peddle god. This link will fit nicely I'm sure. I think I'll expand it to all religions.

What's funny about this story is the statement that exorcisms are on the rise everywhere.  I'm sure the dumbass christians will claim it's another sign of the end times. Satan and his demons must be starting their grand finale.

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Meh. I might give them a

Meh. I might give them a gentle pityfuck... but they'll have to eat out the "consenting adult female" portion of their family tree, first.

Also, they'll have to pay me just for the privilege.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Philosophicus
Philosophicus's picture
User is offlineOffline
~~~~

That Reverend needs to be exorcised.  I've seen him on TV, he's a nut.  It was on National Geographic Channel and they did an hour on demonic possession.  If you want to see the zenith of religious stupid, walk into a Pentecostal worship service.  They win first prize. 

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Memories

I used to know someone who was involved in this:

http://xfamily.org/index.php/Flirty_Fishing

She reckoned it worked very well.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

Everything Pentecostal churches do is an exercise in money-making so it probably should come as no surprise to read this story.

Hot American teenagers casting out demons. It would make jesus weep...or giggle...

http://www.thepunch.com.au/articles/an-exorcise-in-making-the-supernatural-sexy/

LMAO. WTF? What a bunch of idiots. Sorry I mean... the one girl was like "you can actually see the evil...." Shut the fuck up.

This isn't any better than Scientology. They have their V meters? or Veta meters... it's like.. what ever...

I ended up stopping the video. I couldn't watch any more stupidity.

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Check this out folks

Australian John Safran, who spent 6 months prior researching the supernatural around the world, goes and gets an exorcism from the father of these girls...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZN0bqk_P38

Creepy stuff...

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bob fucking Larson. Oh shit

Bob fucking Larson. Oh shit how did I miss this detail earlier?! The champion of Theistards himself. That's the only explanation for someone putting their girls on sale... and for exorcism no less!

I would say this is ironic, but I know all too well what kind of character Bob is. 

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Here's Part 3 of the Safran Exorcism

This is the actual exorcism of John Safran...Parts 1 and 2 are the build up... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsKsVkJIEaw&feature=relmfu

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
wow, anybody else notice how

wow, anybody else notice how scripted those girls sound?  when they talk it's like listening to an audiobook.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

This is the actual exorcism of John Safran...Parts 1 and 2 are the build up... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsKsVkJIEaw&feature=relmfu

If it is as ridiculous as the first video then I'm justified in not watching it.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
"You're walking flypaper for

"You're walking flypaper for demons"

If that isn't charlatanic "manufactured concern", I don't know what is.

edit; this shit's better than those 70s/80s exploitation films, at some junctures!

Philosophicus
Philosophicus's picture
User is offlineOffline
~~~~

I just watched parts 2 and 3.  I'm reminded of the urgency in which churches need to be regulated as private businesses and taxed.  All pentecostal churches should be shut down and the pastors should be imprisoned for fraud and practicing psychology without a license.  They practice con artistry, false advertisement, charlatanism, and more.  They're like quacks except in the realm of pseudopsychology.

Pastor Bob Larson is mind control in action.  He used both psychological and physical coercion.  The most extreme form of physical coercion is the threat of eternal torture, or hell.  A few times Larson told the journalist that if he didn't do certain things the demons would kill him.  If the majority of the developed world wasn't delusional we wouldn't have the criminals and mental patients running the show. 

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Teen exorcists were on Nightline tonight

I just watched these faker con artists on Nightline.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/teen-girl-exorcism-squad-arizona-girls-claim-cast/story?id=16074541#.T351a9VmNe4

Rev Larsen claims half the population of the world has demons. They charge $400 a session, so the Rev must think he has a large pool of suckers.

And so far, there are.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

Philosophicus
Philosophicus's picture
User is offlineOffline
~~~~

pauljohntheskeptic wrote:

I just watched these faker con artists on Nightline.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/teen-girl-exorcism-squad-arizona-girls-claim-cast/story?id=16074541#.T351a9VmNe4

Rev Larsen claims half the population of the world has demons. They charge $400 a session, so the Rev must think he has a large pool of suckers.

And so far, there are. 

It seemed like the interviewer was skeptical of Larson and the girls.  That's good.  He even brought up the point about practicing psychology without a license.  This guy is a crook!  A fraud.  There should be criminal charges.

Anyway, here's a video I found from three years ago.  It's an interview from CNN with Pastor Larson and Joe Nickell, from the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TUz4idg-jA