Education is unconstitutional

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Education is unconstitutional

1. The constitution guarantees life liberty and happiness.

2. Ignorance is bliss

3. Education cures ignorance

4. Therefore Education prevents bliss and bliss is happiness

5. Therefore Education prevents life liberty and happiness

6. Therefore Education is against he US constitution

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
Without the US constitution

Without the US constitution there would be no education

Without education there would be no internet

Without the internet there would be no forum

Without a forum there would be no place to post stupid shit

If there was no stupid shit there would be no stupid people

If there were no stupid people we would need no constitution

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'll stop you at 2. Its

I'll stop you at 2. Its status as a common phrase does not equate to its being a fact.
Lets do a game. Russia starts WW3, against the will or knowledge of any Russian. 7 billion people die. A few thousand remain. All are clueless and pissed, but everyone except the Russian survivors know that Russia started and ended everything. Those Russians won't be blissfull when they run into some Europeans who want to string them alive, but they will be ignorant of the fact there's a good reason everyone wants to fuck them over.
In conclusion, ignorance /= bliss.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
She is undomesticated! I am

She is undomesticated! I am very excite.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 You can stop at 1. The

You can stop at 1. The Constitution does not guarantee happiness. In fact, it makes absolutely no reference to happiness at all. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

jimmy.williamson
Superfan
jimmy.williamson's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: You

Beyond Saving wrote:

You can stop at 1. The Constitution does not guarantee happiness. In fact, it makes absolutely no reference to happiness at all. 

True the pursuit is guaranteed as long as it does not step on the toes of others...

Throughout human history as our species has faced the frighten terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are and where we are going; it has been the authority (the political, the religious, and the educational authorities) who have attempted to comfort us. By giving us order, rules, and regulation. Informing or forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question these authorities. THINK FOR YOURSELF…

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I plead ignorance and apathy

I plead ignorance and apathy re: the US constitution, which has been recently made a lie (patriot act). Hence why I started at 2. Sticking out tongue

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
jimmy.williamson

jimmy.williamson wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

True the pursuit is guaranteed as long as it does not step on the toes of others...

It doesn't even guarantee that. The phrase "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" comes from the declaration of independence, a document that has absolutely no legal authority. The word happiness does not appear anywhere in the constitution. Nor does the constitution guarantee life or liberty, it only promises that the government will not deprive a person of life or liberty without due process of law.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Anonymous324 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
 In Hungary at some

In Hungary at some universities or high schools or courses outside the university, people have to sign a paper or say something into a video camera, that they disclaim his/her constitutional rights (or fundamental human rights) in return the education.

You have to disclaim your constitutional rights in hospitals before surgeries, if not, you need a lawyer, that wastes more money than the surgery costs.

This prevents sueing the university or high school or course or hospital.

I do not think that this is a good solution, because the government misusing it. Sometimes you believe that you have the specific rights, after at the police station they say, sorry you have disclaimed.

About fundamental human rights you can read at (it is simple to read, google translation can translate it)

http://www.alkotmanyjogasz.hu/emberi_jogok.html

(it is declared on the paper that of which one do you disclaim)

- rights to live, rights to health...